What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Combine Updates Thread (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
Thought it might be useful to have one of these where the folks with NFL Network can post times, observationes, etc... from the combine for those of us poor schleps who don't have DirecTV.

I have Bell ExpressVu and my coverage of the NFL Combine through the NFL Network doesn't start until Saturday morning... ?? What the heck is going on?

right now they've got Earl Campbell running into defenders and popping helmets off, should be on any minute

talking about significance of measuring hands and arms and such. Showed reggie bush in a "bod pod" to measure body fat

These are the updates ya want right?

JK

d'brick presser on now, answerring Qs all the right ways. He remembers #47 from alabama getting past him kinda cool he remembers that I guess. He says he's 298 and comparing himself to Lomas Brown

He won't work out "here" but will on his pro day which i think he said was March 21st. Wants to wait to give him best chance to "be ready"(more time the better I guess) Majorred in World religion

Last edited by a moderator:
Mora says Lincoln Kennedy and Willie Roaf were comparable prospects and they took Roaf because he was local. This was a follow up to the Jets and D'Brick comments by Adam.

Bush on now, would like to be #1(of course). Would love to play for coach Chow again

no team interviews yet

dream come true to be here....

some dope asked if he thought he was a 3rd down back

He hasn't worked on 40 time and his focus is to gain weight, he's 5-11(and 2 quarters, not half;) ) and 201 pounds he said

"What makes you #1?"

intelligence reading defenses, mental as much as physical

works out m-f off on weekends

most similar comparison? "Marshall Faulk but those guys are on another level Im just trying to do what i can do to get there"

why did other RBs fail? I don't know, just doing the best I can

houston has great QB and great WR hopefully he can be piece to the puzzle

says he needs to work on blitz pickup and expects to hear that Q alot

why not in on key situations? lots of great players at USC, Coach's decision. completely wrong to make a fuss about it so he didn't.

did he follow Kubiak going to houston story? not much

where's his explosiveness come from?(nice Q) God? I don't know

"NFL's another level I have everything to prove"

Did life change after winning the heisman? not really

where's trophy? trophy kept at parents house(nice Q dope)

Wants to be 205

hangs out and talks with LaDainlian and "Marcus" who offer great advice. He's met Marshall and comparisons are an honor

he'd play every play if he could

can he learn from Alex Smith's struggles? Different position, different circumstance. It's all about learning from mistakes and becoming a better player.

Alex discuss his struggling? I've seen his struggles on TV

Run here "safety net" if his pro day time isn't good? NO I'm confident

Pro day is april 2nd, working out at USC with Ryan(Brian?) Bailey and Coach Carrol a little bit focus is gaining weight will shift to speed soon as his focus

Know anything about Dope Walker? Not too much but it's a great honor. I'll be honest, not too much

Please keep posting general ht. wt. info when you hear it for those of us at work who can't play those files.

I'll wing it, beto

marv levy on

Clements re-signing very key to rebuilding D. Hopes to work out a deal that he likes and they like.

fun+invigorating to be back, he's delighted to be back

serves a purpose as a meet and greet with players, no decisions (to or not to draft) made today

cap management has been outstanding for the Bills

Levy will deal with personnel, nothing of business part and doesn't really talk to agents. Lots of learning and catching up to do

QB situation-of 32 teams, 25 have a QB situation brewing, we're one of em'. Due to injury Losman was a rookie last year. Young man with alot of talent, great mobility with alot to learn. Tell me a rookie QB that didn't. Peyton 3-13, Aikman 1-15 Bradshaw(missed that) a good young QB needs a good team around him. Holcomb performed admirably. It's Jauron's call. They might bring in another QB via free agency but not a top level one. Maybe a young backup. Might draft one in mid to low round. (said good luck in finding a favre or young on someone's bench)

mora says game seemed too fast for Losman, he's gotta be given every chance to win that job and be successful

they think Levy was doing damage control talking about Losman

Mora has no interest in coming back

winston justice can play either T position

thinks coming back proved his character some and that he could be a good citizen for a year

was suspended for pulling a toy gun on a student for 2 semesters

he thought he knew the driver of the car was his friend and it was a joke, driver wound up being someone he didn't know and was a big mistake he regrets

not difficult to keep repeating story

ready to make a leap? yep thought he was ready 2 years ago, ready for next challenge

how hard was suspension? Really hard.

OL don't stand out around guys like Bush and Leinart, football people watch and he thinks they notice him

boxing helps him with hands and footwork, he boxed for a year while he was out sparring with amateurs

not hard to find a sparring partner as boxers look for the biggest guy to fight

went with friend to boxing gym and got hooked

6-6 or 6-7 "height doesn't really matter"

(scrolling:Mangini is on at 7pm, 195 days til the season starts)

Qb has so much poise he brings a sense of calm and gets it done.

he and tim davis are very cahcahcahclose(funny stutter sorry)

I know beto wants height and weight, otherwise do you guys need/want me to keep going here?

Browns released(terminated contract) of Kenard Lang, transition from DE to LB he did a great job, losing weight and played in some games but best move for team to go in another direction

18-19mil under cap now

Savage ready to go hopes to have alot of work to do

Is emphasis on D with so many good young O players? Pass rush and secondary need work but they'll look at everyone

Winslow? Surgery in summer quit a bit ahead of Braylon both progresing well and competing against each other to be back first. Winslow beginning of training camp maybe a couple weeks after, Braylon shortly after that.

value of combines? Romeo, I can watch feet and tell whether a guy has feet or not. Important for DL. "explosion drill" good to see if he can use his hands and roll his hips

anyone in particular DL? oregon NT huge and athletic but likely not there at 12, will go to plan B

pass rush? OLB? or linemen? Primarily outside LBer in a 3-4, on 3rd down OLB becomes DE in his system.

What stands out about oregon guy(can't spell name) size and athleticism, junior with upside (seems a lock if he's there at 12 for them)

Adam asked if he's comparable to Vince Woolfork? No Vince is smaller, has more quickness and can play on any D(he laughed/chuckled)

combines monotonous year after year Romeo? different approach DC or HC? overall no, but # of players to look at looking at offensive side and all.

how difficult to be ready for FA and draft studying everyone? They signed Joe Andruzzi at 12:01 stuck in the snow in Indy last year. Too much to try and do at one time but everyone tries to do it and gets it done

If oregon guy not there at 12, still take DL or take best available? Phil-take best available. If after draft have 2 or 3 needs left, fill via free agency or consider trading down("back")

drew-

more of a powerrunner than Barry Sanders, can run thru people and get the job done(I don't like him already ;-) )

better fit at UCLA than USC happy with choice to go there

5-6, 5-6 and a half

I can't say I'll play like I'm 6-2 or 6-3 just do what I can do.

He'll do whatever to make plays for you

Grandpa big influence, trusts his word(advice) in leaving

do your best, can't be mad at yourself

bush is a great player great guy, he's exciting to watch. Can take it the distance any time. At the same time trying to compete against him and their D

Showed "it" in college wants to show it in pros

207lbs

returning punts, don't worry about danger just return and make plays

Mora really likes him, "like a smaller Reggie Bush" Someone's gonna get one heckuva football player. Renegging on reggie comments but not far behind

tannenbaum(Jets) on now

can't comment on Chad's negotiations,

asked again

numerous conversations can't get into specifics

asked again, same answer

will work hard til next thursday at 3:59 have had conversations with alot of players' agents

comfortable with their plan and everyone will see it next thursday

planning on different cap models depending on CBA

"always rooting for cap room"

here to evaluate all players all positions

lot of time til draft in april will consider lots of options til then

eric and he are dealing with "time sensitive issues"

Curtis, selfless, warrior priviledged to have someone like him. Will use "thsoe resources"(contract redone) to improve football team.

Won't comment on how much he'll be used, just he's part of the plan.

Can't comment on Daunte under contract with another team.

Chad Q again, no answer really again

all positions "open" including QB, best players will play

Mora and Adam

Mora-alot of needs, take best available player

Chad will probably be back in 06 but not the same player he once was

will montgomery from virginia tech doing bench press now

35 reps

225 lbs

just said, that was the highest of the day

Jauron-

all the teams are close

dramatic turnarounds don't happen but it can be done(huh?)

hide some info "poker face" with some of their opinions of players in draft. Hide without being deceitful

QB situation-general rule, every position will be competitive. We weren't there, circumstances change, everyone has a shot. Nothing gained by naming someone a starter now, let em' compete. May go into camp with no starter named.

Regards to interim coach at Detroit- once he got past Steve leaving(friend) it was very different+difficult to be a coach and a cooridinator after an established routine. Felt like he made a mistake every week(as a cooridinator or a coach) and it was very stressful.

Q about morale and all in Detroit-he felt bad about it, fans trying to send a message wearing other team's colors and players had to suffer to some degree. Also understood the only ones to change that situation would be them, by winning.

Adam and Mora

Hutch-transition tag, Backus-Franchise tag

more weightlifting coming up

d'brick presser on now, answerring Qs all the right ways. He remembers #47 from alabama getting past him kinda cool he remembers that I guess. He says he's 298 and comparing himself to Lomas Brown

He won't work out "here" but will on his pro day which i think he said was March 21st. Wants to wait to give him best chance to "be ready"(more time the better I guess) Majorred in World religion
I read that he weighed in at 312! Great news if true.

I read that he weighed in at 312! Great news if true.
i'm typing somewhat fast, it's possible I made a mistake. I'm confident but feel free to watch later (at 7pm?) and doublecheck when it's re-aired

WOW, Bush looks huge and ripped. Fat measuring machine had him at 71" (5-11).

Height - 5-10 7/8

Weight - 201

Hands - 9 3/4

Arm - 30 1/4

D'Brick:

Weight - 312

Arm - 35 1/2" (3rd longest)

they didn't have those "stats" before it was just what they said in the press conference. Did it go across the bottom of the screen? How'd they show those?

they didn't have those "stats" before it was just what they said in the press conference. Did it go across the bottom of the screen? How'd they show those?
For Bush they had a screen for it and D'Brick was just talked about while watching video of him being measured.

I won't be able to attempt to type verbatim today. I''m on daddy duty.

The show schedule was just up and it's only Young and Leinart press conferences today. It's mostly coaching interviews

Thompson is on now

I'm working from home and watching now.

They have the Packers Ted Thompson talking about Farve/ARogers (nothing noteworthy) and looks like PKs are showing thier stuff on the field ATM.

Thompson-interviewed coaches without regard to whether Favre would return or not. Hiring not a reflection of that

Favre still deciding

(K's on in the background but can't see much of anything except them kicking off the tee, no FG make or not view)

Is Rogers ready? He'll have to be if Favre retires, will be fine QB. Doesn't think it's fair if people compare him to Brett when the time comes but thinks it's bound to happen.

Talked about injuries giving some youngsters experience last year

49ers won coin flip with Raiders

I'm working from home and watching now.

They have the Packers Ted Thompson talking about Farve/ARogers (nothing noteworthy) and looks like PKs are showing thier stuff on the field ATM.
:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread