What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Cowboys Offseason Thread. 4th pick overall (2 Viewers)

Ilov80s said:
Darius Jackson looks real solid as well. I wonder how they find room for him.  I feel like if Zeke was playing and doing what Jackson has done, people would be feeling happy. 
I for one would not be happy.  Don't get me wrong.  Jackson played fine but Morris looked better to me and Zeke has to look better than both or that was a wasted pick.  

I have to admit to feeling like Bankerguy before today.  Alot of had vibes making me not too excited.  Whew! The difference one pre-season game can make.

Love Dak, the defense looks fast, o-line looks great, Dez and the other receivers look sharp and the runnbacks looked good.  

Now I am pumped.

I for one would not be happy.  Don't get me wrong.  Jackson played fine but Morris looked better to me and Zeke has to look better than both or that was a wasted pick.  

I have to admit to feeling like Bankerguy before today.  Alot of had vibes making me not too excited.  Whew! The difference one pre-season game can make.

Love Dak, the defense looks fast, o-line looks great, Dez and the other receivers look sharp and the runnbacks looked good.  

Now I am pumped.
Darius trailed off a bit after I posted that. At the time he was at 4.5 ypc playing with the backups. Obviously it's against the backup D, but he had a nice cutback run, showed acceleration and put his his shoulder down and got extra yards when tackled. He didn't get a chance to show it, but he also has true elite breakaway speed. If he gets a lane, he's leaving. 

Hey I like Darius and hope he does well for us.  I will just be disappointed if our top 10 pick doesn't outshine the other running backs on our roster.

Hey I like Darius and hope he does well for us.  I will just be disappointed if our top 10 pick doesn't outshine the other running backs on our roster.
I would be shocked if Zeke didnt distinguish himself from the others.  

Dallas Cowboys

With the Cowboys not wanting to put left tackle Tyron Smith at risk in the preseason because of a stinger, second-year tackle Chaz Greenhas received more work with the first team than he could have imagined. Green has started the first two preseason games at left tackle and has played better with the starters than he has with the backups. He said the pace of play and expectations he feels from the other starting linemen have helped him focus. If something were to happen to Smith or right tackle Doug Free in the regular season, Green, who did not play in a game as a rookie because of hip surgery, would be the first option. Smith wants to play Thursday against the Seahawks, but the coaches might opt to be even more deliberate. Green said he expects to play left and right tackle against the Seahawks. -- Todd Archer

Dallas Cowboys

With the Cowboys not wanting to put left tackle Tyron Smith at risk in the preseason because of a stinger, second-year tackle Chaz Greenhas received more work with the first team than he could have imagined. Green has started the first two preseason games at left tackle and has played better with the starters than he has with the backups. He said the pace of play and expectations he feels from the other starting linemen have helped him focus. If something were to happen to Smith or right tackle Doug Free in the regular season, Green, who did not play in a game as a rookie because of hip surgery, would be the first option. Smith wants to play Thursday against the Seahawks, but the coaches might opt to be even more deliberate. Green said he expects to play left and right tackle against the Seahawks. -- Todd Archer
Have NOT been impressed with Green at all.  He would get Romo killed.

I know you guys have been waiting for a Philadelphia Eagle's fan prediction for the Cowboys. So here it is. Not surprisingly it is Romo-dependent:

Romo plays 16 games: 12-4. Offense is good enough to overcome any defensive deficiencies

Romo plays 12 games: 11-5 Romo goes 9-3, Dak goes 2-2 as other teams don't know enough about him yet.

Romo plays 8 games: 9-7 Romo goes 6-2, Dak goes 3-5 as other teams begin to game plan against him

Romo Plays 4 games: 7-9 Romo goes 3-1, Dak goes 4-8 after a good start, Dak suffers normal rookie blues.

I was always impressed with Dak Prescott while at MSU, but it was really hard to tell if he was outperforming his competition or it was a function of the level of play around him vs. Bama and others.  Still have no idea what to make of the guy, or if he's a franchise guy.  Guess is he's as good of a bridge to the next franchise guy as any.  

But the draft so far looks to be as hopeless as ever outside of that really.  Feel like this is at best an 8-8 season no matter what.  12-4 would likely mean Romo is playing at his career best +10%.

Bummed for Romo, and the season in general......this may be the end for him....with a decent defense, Romo could've done more.....ultimately, he'll prolly be remembered for HIS failures, when in reality, it's more about the lack of talent and depth on the other side of the ball that is the story of the Romo era Cowboys......totally overlooked, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bracie Smathers said:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL  20h20 hours ago
The Cowboys have just 7 wins out of 27 missed starts from Tony Romo.
In the last three seasons, the Boys are 1-13 in games that Romo has not started.
I think Dak looks exceptional.  Forget about the stats, he comports himself so well, unlike most rookie QBs, and he has physical skills behind the mental approach.  No way they are a playoff team with that D and no Romo, but this looks like potentially a great anchor point for the QB position in the coming years.  I'm willing to write off the season if it means success tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread