What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (2 Viewers)

Danny Amendola was limited in Wednesday's practice with a groin injury.
Amendola has been dealing with the injury the last two weeks, but the Patriots are just disclosing it now. It's not clear if it will impact his status for Week 1 against the Bills, but it explains why he didn't play in the third preseason game. If Amendola is ruled out, Julian Edelman will replace him as New England's slot receiver.
Off to a great start

Amendola has been dealing with the injury the last two weeks, but the Patriots are just disclosing it now. It's not clear if it will impact his status for Week 1 against the Bills, but it explains why he didn't play in the third preseason game. If Amendola is ruled out, Julian Edelman will replace him as New England's slot receiver.
Off to a great start
Let me see if I have this right, a Bill Belichick player is limited and is questionable?

Just going back to one of Wes Welker's last Pats games and what RW had to say - from 12/14/12 RW:

Wes Welker (ankle) remained limited in Friday's practice, and is listed as questionable for Week 15.
Welker's last "full" practice seems like it was during the Clinton Administration, but he's good to go for Sunday's colossal matchup with the 49ers.
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/2964/wes-welker

Off to a great start
In recent years, Welker was given a day off each week pretty much on a regular basis. I see something similar happening this season for Amendola.

Off to a great start
This isn't new news. I guess this it wasn't a foot injury after all.

The Patriots are total liars.

If they are disclosing this now, don't believe it. Bill wants to drop 60 on Buffalo to open the season.

If they are disclosing this now, don't believe it. Bill wants to drop 60 on Buffalo to open the season.
I'm expecting something similar to last years opener vs the Dolphins.

Welker went like 12/200/2.
Or 3/14/0, which is what Welker actually put up in last year's opener against the Titans.
woof dont remind me.. had him and fitz on my fantasy team last year..

he didnt shyt until week 3 in a ppr league

welkers game against the fins was 12 for 103 and a td.. still a great game but that was middle of the year

i got danny as my #2 with cruz... he is gonna be a ppr machine hopefully he doesnt miss more than 4-5 games.. and none during the playoffs

Is it odd that I felt the need the "handcuff" him with Thompkins. Of course, Edelman is the technical handcuff but I figure if Amendola were to ever miss time Thompkins would get a bump. This would be the second time I've handcuffed a WR, the first being Nicks last year. Feels weird.

I'm expecting something similar to last years opener vs the Dolphins.

Welker went like 12/200/2.
Or 3/14/0, which is what Welker actually put up in last year's opener against the Titans.
woof dont remind me.. had him and fitz on my fantasy team last year..

he didnt shyt until week 3 in a ppr league

welkers game against the fins was 12 for 103 and a td.. still a great game but that was middle of the year

i got danny as my #2 with cruz... he is gonna be a ppr machine hopefully he doesnt miss more than 4-5 games.. and none during the playoffs
I was thinking of the 2011 season opener for some reason... wtf.

He was 11 for 160 and 2 TDs, he had a 99 yd TD out of their own endzone lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
jah77 said:
I'm already second guessing myself taking this guy so often. :doh:

I really love his upside. I've seen a few games and he is pure talent and has a great heart for the game. But he also has a very reckless playing style. He'll do anything to get that ball and that is something that makes you root for him but something that hurts his chances at staying healthy. My hope for him this year in NE is that with Brady maybe he won't have to go so crazy to make a catch and lower his injury chances. We'll see. But I have a feeling I'll be posting in this thread all season long.
Was thinking the same thing. I drafted him as my number 2 wr and already feel like I shouldnt of drafted someone who is gonna miss minimum 3 or 4 games.

jah77 said:
I'm already second guessing myself taking this guy so often. :doh:

I really love his upside. I've seen a few games and he is pure talent and has a great heart for the game. But he also has a very reckless playing style. He'll do anything to get that ball and that is something that makes you root for him but something that hurts his chances at staying healthy. My hope for him this year in NE is that with Brady maybe he won't have to go so crazy to make a catch and lower his injury chances. We'll see. But I have a feeling I'll be posting in this thread all season long.
Was thinking the same thing. I drafted him as my number 2 wr and already feel like I shouldnt of drafted someone who is gonna miss minimum 3 or 4 games.
You people crack me up.

"Official Danny Amendola Injury Thread" - This just makes me laugh...

We all know he'll be hurt at some point & it is going to be such a headache dealing with BB's injury report for Amendola owners.

LMFAO - His certainty for injury is unreal.

While I never wish injury, his is easy to predict.

Any word from anyone on what the situation was today? Assume it was his groin, but man, when he was limping off, he absolutely didn't look like he would be returning. And then when he did return, he looked electric and Brady was locked in on him. I had already penciled him in for the disappointing 3 for 40 he had at the time of the injury, and then boom, boom, boom he's up to 10 grabs.

Users who are viewing this thread