What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

So which defenses are good enough to hold and play every week regardless of the opposition in your opinion?
Right now, I'd still roll Seattle out there. Cincy would be second. Detroit is the only other play and even then I'd be Leary on the road.
Anybody else have opinions about which defenses you could own which would make you mostly STOP streaming? SF? Hou? KC? Denver?
Nothing can stop me from streaming.

So which defenses are good enough to hold and play every week regardless of the opposition in your opinion?
Right now, I'd still roll Seattle out there. Cincy would be second. Detroit is the only other play and even then I'd be Leary on the road.
Anybody else have opinions about which defenses you could own which would make you mostly STOP streaming? SF? Hou? KC? Denver?
There should be a separate thread about that.

Right now I'd say Seahawks and Bengals.

Trying to decide if the Texans belong in that group.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may seem odd but what about DAL at home vs. HOU? Their defense doesn't look to be nearly as bad as everyone predicted (10 takeaways on the season) and Fitzmagic has thrown for 5 INTs over the past 2 weeks. Foster and AJ also don't look to be near 100%.
I'd rather not tempt fate and side with Dallas' defense when Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins are going against that secondary. Fitz and all.

How confident is everybody in PIT this week? I have them and CAR in a league where we lose points for 350 total yards given up (and beyond). In other words, negative 5 points for 350-400 yards allowed, -10 for 401-500, and -15 for 501 or more. I don't particularly care for that rule, but that's another topic.

I'm somewhat leery after the debacle against TB, not to mention PIT is on the road this week. I have a feeling Bortles will be able to move the ball against the Steelers (similar to what Glennon did). I can't help but wonder if I should consider going with PHI (on the waiver wire, and hosting the putrid Rams), given that they are at home (and the fact that they scored 3 times last week). Obviously, that barrage of defensive touchdowns is not likely to continue. I'm just not sure they're not the better option, given that PIT isn't the defense it used to be, while PHI seems to be the more opportunistic of the two (while playing at home).
Thanks. This is tremendously thorough, and much appreciated.

One thing I've learned in streaming defenses over the years is that until its playoff time, you shouldn't put too much faith in a defensive matchup more than two weeks out. Injuries happen, better players move in, things you thought were constant change.

I never carry more than one defense till playoff time and definitely don't look more than 2 weeks ahead.
I agree, though it certainly doesn't hurt to know what looks like good match up D's over any stretch.

Adam Schefter saying signs point to Bridgewater sitting. GB is looking juicer in the sloppy weather tonight.

I'm just not getting all the CLE love here. Yes they have a nice stretch but why would you pick a bad team just because they play another bad team? Are you all jumping off CLE after JAX and/or OAK gets their first win of the year against them?

Crazy......

RichInOrlando said:
SameSongNDance said:
This may seem odd but what about DAL at home vs. HOU? Their defense doesn't look to be nearly as bad as everyone predicted (10 takeaways on the season) and Fitzmagic has thrown for 5 INTs over the past 2 weeks. Foster and AJ also don't look to be near 100%.
Good choice. Only thing to fear is Hou defenses has played well too. So Dallas offense may put D in bad situations that become easy scores and count against you.
It seems like Houston's strength has been up front, but Dallas has a top-knotch o-line. HOU has not been especially good at stopping the run, and Demarco is on fire. HOU could be iffy. JJ Watt is the X-Factor. I do think HOU will have some dominant games when Clowney gets back.

ETA: Oops! I misread the original post. Regarding DAL, you might have something there.

Anyone thinking about the Giants this week? ATL hasn't been very good on the road, their o-line is decimated, and the G-men have been getting sacks/INTs lately (once their offense started clicking). I'm thinking the Giants could give up a lot of yards and (maybe) points, but could make up for it with sacks, INTs and a possible pick 6. Thoughts?

With the updated news about Bridgewater, I just dropped HOU for GB. I think thats a no-brainer especially with the trend of THU games.

Hmmm...Green Bay is pretty sexy if Teddy is out. Like I said earlier I picked up the 9ers this week and Denver is also available.

Rank these 3 Defenses for this week:

SF (KC)

Denver (Ari)

Green Bay (Minn)

I'm just not getting all the CLE love here. Yes they have a nice stretch but why would you pick a bad team just because they play another bad team? Are you all jumping off CLE after JAX and/or OAK gets their first win of the year against them?

Crazy......
What makes you say that Cleveland is a bad team? History? Their 2 losses are both divisional games. One at Heinz field in the opener (30-27), where they have never won. The other was against Baltimore (23-21). If you watch the games the team as a whole looks a lot better than advertised. The Defense has allowed 30, 24 (NewOrleans), and 23 points against them, but they also have 5 sacks, 3 interceptions, and a touchdown. Through three games that isn't bad, considering one of them was against Baltimore.

SengerCJ said:
Think I'll be going with the Eagles. But I will be keeping a close eye on Bridgewater/Green Bay weather, may switch with the Packers.
Wish I'd stopped streaming last week - dropped the Eagles for the Jets and missed out on 30 points.

The Eagles at home against the Rams looks good to me.

So how confident in gb now that it sounds like teddy is out?

Thinking about picking them up and starting over ne

SengerCJ said:
Think I'll be going with the Eagles. But I will be keeping a close eye on Bridgewater/Green Bay weather, may switch with the Packers.
Wish I'd stopped streaming last week - dropped the Eagles for the Jets and missed out on 30 points.

Rare to hear someone admit to it. Its the reason streaming is not effective over the long haul.

SengerCJ said:

Rare to hear someone admit to it. Its the reason streaming is not effective over the long haul.
Only slightly more risky than playing the same defense every week. The "top" defenses have dud weeks too. See Carolina.

SengerCJ said:

the key is identifying the top must start defenses early in the year. If you have one of them stick with them. If you dont have one of them I guarantee streaming defenses scores more pts over the longhaul than playing the same nonstud def. This yr id say sea, cin, and det are matchup proof.

I picked up Cinci after the BYE. Looks like I'm off the streaming wagon till further notice. I will still weigh in here though.

I have stated before that I like grabbing the Browns for the next 5 games. This game has great potential even if Locker is back. Dallas crippled the TEN passing attack, and their secondary isn't half of Hayden & co.

San Diego gets another start for you if you picked them up last week.

I have to decide between SD and Cincy this week since I used SD to cover the bye last week. I agree that Cincy is a long term hold, but not sure what to do this week.

First world problems, I know.

SengerCJ said:

I actually got screwed over in the only league I wasn't streaming a defense because I left CAR in for 2 weeks with Greg Hardy deactivated. I'm not trying to make it sound foolproof but streaming defenses has been huge for me so far this year.

I have to decide between SD and Cincy this week since I used SD to cover the bye last week. I agree that Cincy is a long term hold, but not sure what to do this week.

Same. Sticking with sd for one more week. Embarrassed bellicheck scares me

I have the same situation and am likely going to go with the Chargers this week

Rolling with Steelers this week. Not confident about it, but last time I ignored fantasy rankings (I use FantasyPros for a wider look at them) I lost and would have won had I rolled with what FP suggested. So this week I'm am going superstitious and am all in on Pitt. What could go wrong, right?
Did it last week. Didn't work out so well. Going a different route. Steelers have too many starters out.

I'm leaning towards Green Bay, but the Giants are tempting after Atlanta lost 2 linemen last week. Sacks and pressure could create turnovers and opportunities for defensive scores.

Crazy......
What makes you say that Cleveland is a bad team? History? Their 2 losses are both divisional games. One at Heinz field in the opener (30-27), where they have never won. The other was against Baltimore (23-21). If you watch the games the team as a whole looks a lot better than advertised. The Defense has allowed 30, 24 (NewOrleans), and 23 points against them, but they also have 5 sacks, 3 interceptions, and a touchdown. Through three games that isn't bad, considering one of them was against Baltimore.
they're bad. Granted they have played on less game but they have scored a whopping 19 points and are ranked 21st. I'm just seeing better options on my wire for that league. I really don't think that they are much better than their upcoming opponents who everyone is licking their chops over. I guess with no other options they would be palatable.

I had the Steelers, but wit news that Ponder looking to start I'm all in on Packers. If it rains, even better. Fumblitis and picks everywhere.

I had the Steelers, but wit news that Ponder looking to start I'm all in on Packers. If it rains, even better. Fumblitis and picks everywhere.
I'm in as well. Kinda sucks I have Asiata going against them.
I'm in the same boat. I'm carrying 3 defenses now because of the Packers.

Whenever I make decisions like this, it usually backfires....
Yeah, usually not a good idea to play the "sure thing" because they are hardly ever the "sure thing"

Arizona has a good schedule after facing Denver this sunday, but is anyone rolling with them against the Broncos? My league has a max acquisition cap at 18 and I cant be streaming defenses every week ;/

Steelers facing Jax who have surrendered most fantasy points in the league. Why not Pitt?
Sounds like last week, but sub Jax for TB. Did not work out too well.
Against CLE, BAL, and TB they could muster only 4 sacks,1 TO and gave up 27, 26 and 27 points. But they did play well against CAR including 2 TO, 3 sacks and a TD. I'm just not convinced they are capable of taking advantage of the good matchup. Anything is possible, but I wont be starting them anywhere this weekend.

Steelers facing Jax who have surrendered most fantasy points in the league. Why not Pitt?
Pitt looked like a good pick last week and Glennon and crew proved us wrong. I know Bortles only has 1 start under his belt, but I think he's more talented than Glennon and I would take his explosive young receivers over Glennons.

Just don't feel right about it.

Same here in two leagues. I'm holding both and starting SD this week, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread