What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (2 Viewers)

Plays of the week.San Diego vs Jacksonville (65% owned Yahoo): Some are scared of a rookie QBs first start on the road. I am not one of those people. Start with confidence.Miami at Oakland (44% owned Yahoo): I know Miami has some injuries and they are traveling out west but Oakland is in disarray. Raiders are averaging 12 points and 250 yards a game. Have no fear here.

Sleeper playNY Jets vs Detroit (4% owned): NY is averaging 227 yds allowed at home and Detroit averages nearly 70 yards less a game on the road. Jets may be dysfunctional on offense but they have a top 5 defense this year.
Like the picks, but Oakland is "hosting" Miami in London, so technically, Oakland is traveling further east than Miami. I think that might bump Miami up a bit more.
Not really they are just coming from Boston, they are closer actually.

Plays of the week.San Diego vs Jacksonville (65% owned Yahoo): Some are scared of a rookie QBs first start on the road. I am not one of those people. Start with confidence.Miami at Oakland (44% owned Yahoo): I know Miami has some injuries and they are traveling out west but Oakland is in disarray. Raiders are averaging 12 points and 250 yards a game. Have no fear here.

Sleeper playNY Jets vs Detroit (4% owned): NY is averaging 227 yds allowed at home and Detroit averages nearly 70 yards less a game on the road. Jets may be dysfunctional on offense but they have a top 5 defense this year.
Like the picks, but Oakland is "hosting" Miami in London, so technically, Oakland is traveling further east than Miami. I think that might bump Miami up a bit more.
Ah forgot about that. So definitely Miami then.

Carolina's offense suddenly seems in trouble, I like the Ravens defense as a sleeper this week.
Yes. I think you could do a lot worse than BAL.

I picked up a combination of SD, BAL, and MIA this week where I needed a DEF (I wouldnt' mind IND either). I even made room for two DEF's (!) in a couple leagues so that I could stash CLE, who is on bye.

Their next 5 games (might have already been covered in this thread) are:

@TEN

PIT

@JAX

OAK

TB

At least 4 of those 5 (not sure on PIT yet) look like can't-miss starts if CLE plays even moderately well

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm debating NYJ vs HOU. If Calvin is banged up or out, probably pushes the Jets ahead. I'm worried about Detroit's passing game vs the Jets' secondary, but on the other hand I'm worried about the Bills running game against Houston's weak run D.

Any thoughts there?

JFS171 said:
Now I'm debating NYJ vs HOU. If Calvin is banged up or out, probably pushes the Jets ahead. I'm worried about Detroit's passing game vs the Jets' secondary, but on the other hand I'm worried about the Bills running game against Houston's weak run D.

Any thoughts there?
I think Calvin will play so I wouldn't want to start the Jets

I'm tryiing to decide between Miami or Indianapolis. Leaning Miami right now but they seem a bit banged up and MJD coming back also.

I too am on the fence between Ind and Mia. Don't trust Mia offense to put enough pressure on Oak to force them into mistakes. Ind I do not worry about their O, so going Ind.

Any thoughts on Mia vs Pitt? Both seem like juicy matchups but I just keep flip flopping on who to start.

JFS171 said:

Any thoughts there?
calvin is just going standover the DBs and catch 10 recs

The Colts defense will kick booty today. I would start them over SD vs Jax. I can definitely see the Colts defense scoring a TD against Whitehurst.

In a different league I do not want to drop CIN and I am thinking about just taking the 0, because I don't really want to drop anyone else.

Not much for pts allowed (drops to 3 pts at 7-14 and 0 for 15-20, though just -3 for over 20.

Do we think that ATL can generate turnovers and TDs vs. Bridgewater in the first start? Only other team that I might consider is NYJ, but just barely.

in my 14 team league there aren't many options this week...

i chose to roll with oakland.

the only other really enticing option was atlanta, but i'm starting teddy bridgewater this week.

thoughts on oakland....

-they've been in london for a few more days than miami. so maybe better adjusted to the clock/rested

-defense looked good against new england

-miami/tannehill situation is murky. he'll either come back strong to prove critics wrong, or could be another week in disarray.

i don't feel particularly strong about this, but thats what i'm rolling with given the options!

Plays of the week.

San Diego vs Jacksonville (65% owned Yahoo): Some are scared of a rookie QBs first start on the road. I am not one of those people. Start with confidence.

Miami at Oakland (44% owned Yahoo): I know Miami has some injuries and they are traveling out west but Oakland is in disarray. Raiders are averaging 12 points and 250 yards a game. Have no fear here.

Sleeper play

NY Jets vs Detroit (4% owned): NY is averaging 227 yds allowed at home and Detroit averages nearly 70 yards less a game on the road. Jets may be dysfunctional on offense but they have a top 5 defense this year.
San Diego got me 16. Miami scored 22 in my league. NY Jets got 8, so a push on that one.

SD, CLE, PIT all looking like decent options. SD probably best of course.
thing is SD and PiT ars owned fron this week so unless you own them good luck getting them. That being said neither of those teams did much today.
I have SD thankfully. In my league they had a good day, 17pt. We count TFL and return yards though. Jax OL is still swiss cheese, so that would be the thought process for PIT. Bortles can run, but he still got rushed into mistakes. SD hadn't had an INT coming into this week 4 game, left with 2.

Anyone else have Houston penciled in for what looked like a good Week 5 match-up vs. Dallas, but is now reconsidering based on that thumping the Cowboys just delivered to the Saints?

Given that, as well as the terrible WW options, I may just roll out AZ vs Denver or leave the spot blank. At least that way I could drop Houston and get Bridgewater.

Anyone else have Houston penciled in for what looked like a good Week 5 match-up vs. Dallas, but is now reconsidering based on that thumping the Cowboys just delivered to the Saints?

Given that, as well as the terrible WW options, I may just roll out AZ vs Denver or leave the spot blank. At least that way I could drop Houston and get Bridgewater.
I don't know why people thought Dallas offense wasn't good. That was never their problem.

So Packers this week could be a good play. Opportunistic defense against a young QB coming off a big game on a short turn around. I feel like we've seen that recently. Currently available in almost every league format.

Eagles defense and special teams have been doing OK in games. If you are hoping for the chance at a TD and the fact that Shaun Hill maybe starting this one, Eagles could have a nice week.

Teams to hang on to would obviously be Detroit and San Diego. Detroit at home has been fierce and San Diego welcomes the Jets cross country.

That's it so far. We'll see how it plays out once the injury report rolls around.

I don't think Dallas ever looked like a good match-up for a defense.

They were terrible week 1 against SF when everything went wrong (and only scored 17 points) but that was an exception/outlier. That DAL matchup is one of the reasons I dropped HOU from several league for this week (went with BAL, SD, and MIA, stashing CLE as well in a couple).

Oh, that and HOU plays IND after they play Dallas. If they haven't been dropped in your league yet, they are about to be.

I don't think Dallas ever looked like a good match-up for a defense.

They were terrible week 1 against SF when everything went wrong (and only scored 17 points) but that was an exception/outlier. That DAL matchup is one of the reasons I dropped HOU from several league for this week (went with BAL, SD, and MIA, stashing CLE as well in a couple).

Oh, that and HOU plays IND after they play Dallas. If they haven't been dropped in your league yet, they are about to be.
Yeah, I guess it seemed for a little while like Houston may be an elite enough D, and Dallas a not-as-great-as-we-thought offense, that it would be worth riding them. After all, between Murray's fumbles and Romo's INTs, they have been turning the ball over a fair amount. But I agree that the SF game is really starting to look like an aberration. And Houston's D has become Watt-dependent (which isn't terrible, but not enough to put them in must-start territory).

Bengals were dropped in my league due to bye issues. Must add, as opposed to weekly streaming?

Pittsburgh yin and yang:

Yin: Playing Jax...they are better with Bortles but clearly still on the lower end offensively and will likely turn it over a few times.

Yang: Recent defensive injuries, did not perform adequately vs. TB

For those "chasing the JAX opponent" over the last few weeks, what is the consensus with Pitt this week? A number of people have probably already rostered Pitt to play vs. TB but now must decide whether to roll with them again or drop them back into the pool...

Pittsburgh yin and yang:

Yin: Playing Jax...they are better with Bortles but clearly still on the lower end offensively and will likely turn it over a few times.

Yang: Recent defensive injuries, did not perform adequately vs. TB

For those "chasing the JAX opponent" over the last few weeks, what is the consensus with Pitt this week? A number of people have probably already rostered Pitt to play vs. TB but now must decide whether to roll with them again or drop them back into the pool...
I didn't like Pitt last week. Definitely better options out there this week than to take the chance this is their new norm.

Well I'm now in the annoying situation whereby I drafted the Bengals and held them through their bye week, grabbing San Diego to cover them.

I'd always planned on dropping San Diego this week to put the Bengals back in, but they were real solid and now have the better matchup in week 5

A team needs to be dropped though due to other personnel issues, and reluctantly I think it will have to be the Chargers because the Bengals must remain in as the better long term play.

Well I'm now in the annoying situation whereby I drafted the Bengals and held them through their bye week, grabbing San Diego to cover them.

I'd always planned on dropping San Diego this week to put the Bengals back in, but they were real solid and now have the better matchup in week 5

A team needs to be dropped though due to other personnel issues, and reluctantly I think it will have to be the Chargers because the Bengals must remain in as the better long term play.
I'm not hesitating to start CIN @ NE

debating the same or keeping Indy a couple more weeks. Pitt and Cle are options but I don't have much confidence in either team

debating the same or keeping Indy a couple more weeks. Pitt and Cle are options but I don't have much confidence in either team
After watching last night's game I am even more confident in starting CIN @ NE.

And on top of everything else CIN is coming off a bye while NE has a short week.

The Lions are probably held in most leagues as just a good D in their own right, but I'm curious how folks see Orton's opening game on the road? I could see the Lions having a good day there.

The Lions are probably held in most leagues as just a good D in their own right, but I'm curious how folks see Orton's opening game on the road? I could see the Lions having a good day there.
Yea 83% on yahoo. Slim chance of grabbing them but they are a solid play. Hold if you have them.

I have SD but I think i am going to grab CLE. This weeks matchup is pretty decent against a struggling TEN. I am going to have them rostered through the next 5 weeks. They performed well against PIT at Heinz Field, hoping for similar production at home. Then you get the magical Jax. Oak, TB stretch. They are a turnover happy defense that should negate what they give up in TD's with iterceptions and hopefully a pick 6 or 2. IMHO Cleveland is way underrated this season. Hopefully they worked out some kinks in the BYE and come back strong.

Users who are viewing this thread