What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Detroit Tigers Bandwagon *** (1 Viewer)

:hey:

It'd be nice to see them keep it up for a while. Been a long time since I could really care about baseball in July.

Again, if Thome used roids, he obviously didn't need them. The guy is going to hit 40-50 homers again this season. He is a freaking farm boy man beast, doubt he used roids.

Chris Shelton! Picked him up in the 20th round of my FB draft. Think it would be a good time to deal him? Any Tigers fans want to give me some thoughts on the guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Shelton! Picked him up in the 20th round of my FB draft. Think it would be a good time to deal him? Any Tigers fans want to give me some thoughts on the guy?
He's picking up where he left off last year. He's lighter this year and his bat speed seems to be a bit better. Not that much of a liability in the field and Pena is gone so 1st base is his. Should see 500+AB's this year.

Chris Shelton!  Picked him up in the 20th round of my FB draft.  Think it would be a good time to deal him?  Any Tigers fans want to give me some thoughts on the guy?
He's picking up where he left off last year. He's lighter this year and his bat speed seems to be a bit better. Not that much of a liability in the field and Pena is gone so 1st base is his. Should see 500+AB's this year.
:goodposting:

Would have liked to have that game. Bonderman didn't have his good fastball and you need that vs this line-up. Wednesday at 1:05 for game two.

Seriously? A first place game against the Tribe merits this lineup?

C. Granderson CF 0 0 0 0

O. Infante 2B 0 0 0 0

C. Guillen SS 0 0 0 0

M. Thames DH 0 0 0 0

B. Inge 3B 0 0 0 0

C. Shelton 1B 0 0 0 0

A. Gomez RF 0 0 0 0

C. Monroe LF 0 0 0 0

V. Wilson C 0 0 0 0

No Polanco, Pudge, Mags, or DY (hurt)?

I toyed with the idea of heading down to todays game before going to work.....man I'd have been angry hearing that starting line up.......and the outcome. Chalk one up for staying home and watching NFL Europe!!

Apparently, Leyland RIPPED the team yesterday after the game. Good for him.
Keep doing that and it's only a matter of time before Pudge decides he wants to concentrate on his latest g/f and not baseball.

Keep doing that and it's only a matter of time before Pudge decides he wants to concentrate on his latest g/f and not baseball.
Lelyland has no one to fault but himself. nate Rob should not be in the rotation.

Lelyland has no one to fault but himself. nate Rob should not be in the rotation.
Not sure what's wrong with Robertson but I agree.

Who should be? Jason Grilli? I've had this argument before on Motwon sports. Robertson and Maroth are our best options. This week it's complaints about Robertson and next week it will be about Maroth. that's what the system has at the moment and Robertson is very streaky. He'll turn it around. The season is still young. On the bright side even though they lost to the A's Verlander was awesome. Several pitches at 101 mph going seven and striking out seven. He needs to work on his off speed stuff but I really like what I see there. Rogers and Bonderman the next two nights with the Tigers needing to win these games before we get the run of Maroth, Robertson, and Verlander vs the Mariners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent comeback in the ninth. Rodney didnt look particularly great in the ninth, but got the job done. Todd Jones comes back off the DL tomorrow.

Feeling good after taking 2 of 3 in Oakland

:banned:

Excellent comeback in the ninth. Rodney didnt look particularly great in the ninth, but got the job done. Todd Jones comes back off the DL tomorrow.

Good series win but they really needed two in this series. Mariners aren't great but with the bottom of the rotation going it's always nice to have a good series at the front end of a road trip. :banned:

Excellent comeback in the ninth.  Rodney didnt look particularly great in the ninth, but got the job done.  Todd Jones comes back off the DL tomorrow.

Good series win but they really needed two in this series. Mariners aren't great but with the bottom of the rotation going it's always nice to have a good series at the front end of a road trip. :banned:
ESPECIALLY a West Coast road trip

I was really shocked they came back and won today.And I think Rodney was just getting Tiger fans ready for a normal Todd Jones save.

Excellent comeback in the ninth.  Rodney didnt look particularly great in the ninth, but got the job done.  Todd Jones comes back off the DL tomorrow.

And I think Rodney was just getting Tiger fans ready for a normal Todd Jones save.
That's the truth. Urbina was the same way as well.

Forgot to mention...

What an AB by Brandon Inge. 15 pitch Walk!

(Though he should have been K'ed on pitch 14.)

Updated standings:

Chi. White Sox 10 5 .667 - 6-3 4-2 2-1 8-4 0-0 9-1 W 5

Cleveland 9 7 .562 1½ 4-2 5-5 1-2 7-3 1-2 4-6 L 2

Detroit 9 7 .562 1½ 2-5 7-2 0-0 4-5 5-2 4-6 W 2

Minnesota 7 8 .467 3 6-3 1-5 3-3 0-3 4-2 6-4 L 1

Kansas City 2 12 .143 7½ 2-3 0-9 0-6 2-6 0-0 0-10 L 10

Also, only a half game behind Baltimore in the Wild Card hunt :boxing:

Who should be? Jason Grilli? I've had this argument before on Motwon sports. Robertson and Maroth are our best options. This week it's complaints about Robertson and next week it will be about Maroth. that's what the system has at the moment and Robertson is very streaky. He'll turn it around. The season is still young. On the bright side even though they lost to the A's Verlander was awesome. Several pitches at 101 mph going seven and striking out seven. He needs to work on his off speed stuff but I really like what I see there. Rogers and Bonderman the next two nights with the Tigers needing to win these games before we get the run of Maroth, Robertson, and Verlander vs the Mariners.
Nate might be their best option right now.But I was wondering, why is Zumaya in the bullpen? Kids got great stuff, why not make him a starter?

But I was wondering, why is Zumaya in the bullpen? Kids got great stuff, why not make him a starter?
Good question. With Todd Jones coming back you'd think that Leyland would consider it.

Whenever T Jones comes in I put dinner in the oven.......wait for it to finish coooking.....set the table,eat and then hold my breath as he tries to finish things off after a couple hits,a walk maybe a hit batsman. He never seems to get the 1,2,3 close. Rodney was flat out awesome last night!! Robertson pitches his way to another few starts(at least one of which he'll get LIT UP). There seems to be a new attitude taking hold here early with 'Smokin' Jimmy calling the shots!!

:towelwave: + :eek:

Monroe just clubbed a three run homer to make it 6-1 in the eighth. Vance Wilson has two hit even!

If they can hold on:

Five straight road wins, 10-2 on the road, and impressive performance by starting pitching. My dream is to see a game in September (I have tickets fro the Rangers/Tigers in Sept) with the team in a playoff race. I can hope.

Lookin' good so far though.

Help me out Tigers fans.

The couple times I have watched Fernando Rodney he look tough out there. I know that Todd Jones is the closer but I see Rodney and I was thinking if Jones isn't effective then Rodney would be the closer.

Will Rodney ever get a chance to be the closer on this team or is he destined to be the set up man all season? I have an open roster spot on my team for a pitcher and I am wondering if I pick up Rodney. Even if he isn't the closer will he get enough IP to help me in the K/9 and WHIP and maybe an occasional Win or Save?

Help me out Tigers fans.

The couple times I have watched Fernando Rodney he look tough out there. I know that Todd Jones is the closer but I see Rodney and I was thinking if Jones isn't effective then Rodney would be the closer.

Will Rodney ever get a chance to be the closer on this team or is he destined to be the set up man all season? I have an open roster spot on my team for a pitcher and I am wondering if I pick up Rodney. Even if he isn't the closer will he get enough IP to help me in the K/9 and WHIP and maybe an occasional Win or Save?
Rodney is definitely the closer of the future. He will also pick up a handful of saves this year. Jones will probably get his chance to be his roller coaster self and keep the closer job unless he blows a bunch of saves.

Users who are viewing this thread