What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

Made this trade a few weeks ago, with all this talk of Green MABYE bein traded should I be regretting it now? 

Gave: AJG, Brate, Mike Davis, 3.8 pick

Got: Sutton, Pettis, Crowder, 2.10 

The other thing is I had my choice of A. Miller or Sutton...have gone back and forth on whether I chose the best WR or not from that duo. 
Yes, I'd regret that deal now and even then.  I'm not a fan of Sutton or Pettis though, so I guess if you're a fan of those then maybe you can get away with it and make it closer.  Not for me though, It was always Green.  

12 team, PPR

Gave:

McCaffrey, 1.7, Jamaal Williams, Crabtree

Got:

Antonio Brown

Not sure how this looks to people in a vacuum but CMC was the teams #6 RB. Williams the teams #7RB but he was going to get cut or traded in next 10 days and so far efforts to get so much as a late second were not working out.  Team has a ton of talent at WR but needed a surefire #1.

I feel this is cheap for Brown. I've seen a few trades lately I thought were cheap for him. Makes me want to try and buy. If McCaffery were named Hunt or Kamara then maybe. I know Brown and Ben won't be together much longer but I thought Ben said he was in for 3 more years. If so then I see no reason Brown isn't still the WR1. 

Note, if I'm wrong about Ben I would still want more to move Brown. Especially to a team that is supposedly stacked. I'd rather keep him rostered until the wheels fall off. I see zero decline in Brown's game. 
Value is on the Brown side.  Not by a ton but seems somewhat obvious.

Knowing what I know about the team getting Brown, Mccaffrey would have barely been in the lineup, and Brown will score 150-200 more than who he woulda had in there.

Kind of deal the other 10 guys in the league will hate.
Brown by a lot. 

Not seeing this at all.  McCaffrey is going about 10 picks after Brown in startups.

Per DLF:

Brown: 4

McCaffrey: 22

And I think that’s really early for McCaffrey. Guice, Mixon, and Hill are no-brainers over him, for example.

Just my opinion, of course.
One year later McCaffrey going top 4 in just about all startups.  That 1.7 pick we gave away turned into Michael who I seen going in the 3rd round of startups which is exactly where Brown is going right now late 2nd/early 3rd from what I been seeing.  Clearly no one seen Brown going from Pitt to Oakland and that hurts his value but for everyone who just thought this was such a slam dunk trade I kept saying that it wasn't.  Add in Michel being the 1.7 and now a very coveted guy plus McCaffrey finish #1 in PPR at RB overall and this is a devastating value crusher at the very least.  All it takes is 1 year for young guys to over take older players and we dealt out 2 young assets for 1 old one.

Having Brown did help us get to #4 overall out of a 700 team league so it helped last year but going forward this is the kind of soul crushing trade that will haunt for years.

I see so often on here how people think these trades are slam dunks and they are so reversed a year later.  Just wanted to point that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got: Allen, Keenan LAC WR; Smith, Jonnu TEN TE

Gave: Baldwin, Doug SEA WR; Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR; 1.12; 2.03; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (League champ, should be late)

Gave: Baldwin, Doug SEA WR; Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR; 1.12; 2.03; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (League champ, should be late)
Allen easily...both those WRs have major injury concerns, maybe won’t even be in the league after next year so a couple of picks in the 12-16 range isn’t enough for Keenan

The picks win here.  Both the picks this year will be good players with the depth. The extra pick next year will be handy also for trades or you may get lucky and it be higher than you think. 

I'm trying to consolidate and make another run at the championship. Adding Allen at WR3 and some depth at TE increase my chances. I think my trade partner did well too in that he has some great pieces for his rebuild.

In a vacuum I like the picks and the old banged up WR's, just depends if that vacuum has enough room to absorb that many new players.

One year later McCaffrey going top 4 in just about all startups.  That 1.7 pick we gave away turned into Michael who I seen going in the 3rd round of startups which is exactly where Brown is going right now late 2nd/early 3rd from what I been seeing.  Clearly no one seen Brown going from Pitt to Oakland and that hurts his value but for everyone who just thought this was such a slam dunk trade I kept saying that it wasn't.  Add in Michel being the 1.7 and now a very coveted guy plus McCaffrey finish #1 in PPR at RB overall and this is a devastating value crusher at the very least.  All it takes is 1 year for young guys to over take older players and we dealt out 2 young assets for 1 old one.

Having Brown did help us get to #4 overall out of a 700 team league so it helped last year but going forward this is the kind of soul crushing trade that will haunt for years.

I see so often on here how people think these trades are slam dunks and they are so reversed a year later.  Just wanted to point that out.
Cause reviewing a trade a year later helps so much.  It literally does nothing.  A year ago, 365 days of brand new information that changes the outlook of every single data point in the initial trade.  Feel free to review your deals but look at them with the data at the time, not a year in advance.  

Just completed a trade FINALLY! Ah that feels good after so long of not getting anything done in FFPC

I gave up:  Marlon Mack, Devin Funchess, 1.05

Got: Melvin Gordon

My team consists of Gordon, Guice and Aaron Jones anchoring RB's, Nuk, Gallup, Curtis Samuel and the 1.01 and 1.02 at WR (current plan), and OJ and Engram at TE

I still believe in Mack and 1.05 would have been a nice piece to add but I still have 1.01 and 1.02 and in good position for the long haul.  I sort of broke one of my rules by "trading for age" but it was a comfortable enough price for me to do it at.  Plus I have Justin Jackson already.

Cause reviewing a trade a year later helps so much.  It literally does nothing.  A year ago, 365 days of brand new information that changes the outlook of every single data point in the initial trade.  Feel free to review your deals but look at them with the data at the time, not a year in advance.  
I think it’s super valuable and interesting to look back on trades. It’s a good lesson to understand that sometimes trades look lopsided, but picks turn into actual players and young players turn out to be pretty good. 

I actually really enjoy looking back at old trades and seeing who really “won.”

I think it’s super valuable and interesting to look back on trades. It’s a good lesson to understand that sometimes trades look lopsided, but picks turn into actual players and young players turn out to be pretty good. 

I actually really enjoy looking back at old trades and seeing who really “won.”
I'm with kutta on this and believe looking back can give one a different perspective in how they approach future deals.

I think there's value in looking back especially since there tends to be an echo chamber and groupthink on a lot of trades, but Antonio Brown is not a good data point as an example. If you predicted the meltdown which ended up with him being traded I'd love to have you pick out my lottery numbers for me.

Penny was a top pick last season.  Big win on team b side.
With the depth of this draft I t think a better player will be available at 2.01 than Penny.  One player such as Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, Noah Fant, or  T J Hockenson could be available at 2.01.  The 2.12 is gravy.   Perhaps even Damien Harris is better than Penny and I'm pretty sure he will be available at 2.01.

Just completed a trade FINALLY! Ah that feels good after so long of not getting anything done in FFPC

I gave up:  Marlon Mack, Devin Funchess, 1.05

Got: Melvin Gordon
Seems pretty fair. With your makeup I like it for your team, and the other guy did okay if he believes in Mack. 

You overvalue Penny.  He hasn't shown me all that much.
I don't care for the way you phrased yourself here. I don't mind someone telling me they don't agree me but don't feed me your opinion like a definitive statement of fact.

He showed me plenty on his limited carries and really don't see how you could have not liked what you saw of him when he actually played.  Had you said he's not shown you enough that would have made more sense. Not a dream situation on team that does not throw to their RB's a lot with a quality RB in Carson on the roster but I absolutely liked what I saw and put trust that eventually with his play and pedigree he will get his shot and I'll take his talent and opportunity over any similar players I think I can draft at 12/13.

I'd pay that for Fuller all day.  Almost identical to Kupp in ppg, injury status, quality of QB/offense, age, you name it.  Different types of players definitely, but they should be much more closely ranked than they are.
I would not pay it myself , at least not now, but we've had this convo before.  He's had multiple injuries, hard time staying on the field, super TD dependent and while true the game data is limited because it's rare that both of these players are healthy at the same time but it looked to me like Coutee could lower an already lower target share. I actually like Coutee a little more then him and would rather pay 2.1 for him, but right now due to injury issues with both I'd rather sit on my hands and see what shakes out at 2.1. I think of stuff like even in the weak draft class of 2016, the Elliot draft, two leagues of mine let Michael Thomas slide to pick 12. Not quite 2.1, but close enough to enter the thought process. So unless it's value I can't pass, plus adding in fun angle I'd lose on having pick to look forward to, I don't like to come off my fairly premium picks right now unless it's a clear win and for me I'd rather sit on the 2.1 for Fuller and Coutee as well.

I don't care for the way you phrased yourself here. I don't mind someone telling me they don't agree me but don't feed me your opinion like a definitive statement of fact.

He showed me plenty on his limited carries and really don't see how you could have not liked what you saw of him when he actually played.  Had you said he's not shown you enough that would have made more sense. Not a dream situation on team that does not throw to their RB's a lot with a quality RB in Carson on the roster but I absolutely liked what I saw and put trust that eventually with his play and pedigree he will get his shot and I'll take his talent and opportunity over any similar players I think I can draft at 12/13.
OK, he hasn't show much yet.  I feel you can draft someone at 2.1 just as good as Penny.  Plus he got the 2.12.

I'd pay that for Fuller all day.  Almost identical to Kupp in ppg, injury status, quality of QB/offense, age, you name it.  Different types of players definitely, but they should be much more closely ranked than they are.
This is Kupps first injury that I know of. Fuller has missed more games than he's played. Fuller is big play dependant, which comes with extreme high and lows. Kupp is a slot receiver who last year (with injury) had 12 targets in the redzone and 7 within the 10. Fuller had 5 and 3 respectively.  When Fuller gets hurt the offense doesn't change. When Kupp got hurt they were clearly missing a cog.

They're not close to the same value. Not from a week to week perspective, from an injury perspective, or from how their offense operates. Fullers ppg largely comes from one or two winning weeks, Kupp is consistent even during his down games. Especially in ppr.

This is Kupps first injury that I know of. Fuller has missed more games than he's played. Fuller is big play dependant, which comes with extreme high and lows. Kupp is a slot receiver who last year (with injury) had 12 targets in the redzone and 7 within the 10. Fuller had 5 and 3 respectively.  When Fuller gets hurt the offense doesn't change. When Kupp got hurt they were clearly missing a cog.

They're not close to the same value. Not from a week to week perspective, from an injury perspective, or from how their offense operates. Fullers ppg largely comes from one or two winning weeks, Kupp is consistent even during his down games. Especially in ppr.
I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying the bolded. Just because he is smaller and fast doesn’t mean he is only big play dependent. The fact is he has big plays because he makes them. I don’t remember the exact numbers but it’s somehing like 1-2 of his career TDs is over 40 yards and the majority of them are under 20 I believe. I agree he isn’t as safe as a guy like Kupp but he is very much not big play dependent 

edited to add: the injuries do suck but a torn ACL is less worrying for me then his constant hamstring and muscle injuries that plagued him earlier on. I would easily give 2.1 to get Fuller

I don't care enough to go find it, but I did a study on Fuller vs Kupp a few months ago and it's ridiculous how comparable they are statistically.  And yeah, Fuller has more injury issues, but they're both coming off ACLs.  They both had other injuries that kept them out of games recently.  Cooper is a year older.  If you run kupps last 11 games (excluding ALLgames he left early) vs Fuller's last 11 games with Watson, they're nearly identical.  And it was also something like..they both have 3 20 point games, 3 30 point games, 2 games single digits games in that span. 

They are roughly the same but Kupp gets all the love.

I would not pay it myself , at least not now, but we've had this convo before.  He's had multiple injuries, hard time staying on the field, super TD dependent and while true the game data is limited because it's rare that both of these players are healthy at the same time but it looked to me like Coutee could lower an already lower target share. I actually like Coutee a little more then him and would rather pay 2.1 for him, but right now due to injury issues with both I'd rather sit on my hands and see what shakes out at 2.1. I think of stuff like even in the weak draft class of 2016, the Elliot draft, two leagues of mine let Michael Thomas slide to pick 12. Not quite 2.1, but close enough to enter the thought process. So unless it's value I can't pass, plus adding in fun angle I'd lose on having pick to look forward to, I don't like to come off my fairly premium picks right now unless it's a clear win and for me I'd rather sit on the 2.1 for Fuller and Coutee as well.
Yeah we've hashed out Fuller before.  I think Fuller vs. Coutee is an interesting question.  Don't mean to die on a hill for Fuller, I like him but he's in the season category of doubt as a lot of WRs I "like"...so i think it's pretty close.  I'd say value wise, you need to add an early 2 to Coutee to equal Fuller.  But I can absolutely see several circumstances where Coutee is the better dynasty asset. 

In other words, still prefer Fuller to Coutee by a good margin.  There's a lotta best case scenario Coutees, not too many best case Fuller's.

a year where he was hurt and a vet played well, and y'all acting like penny isn't a very good talent. 

i recall scouts DROOLING over him in the pro bowl. 

Luckily fantasy careers dont end after year 1

You might have to unpack this sentence for me. Not quite sure what you mean.
haha that was an awful sentence.  I'm just trying to say Coutee profiles as a more common prospect than Fuller.  I think Keke is a nice underneath, over the middle type receiver whom you can manufacture touches for.  Not a lot of guys fit that bill with his level of athleticism, but those are at least cerebral traits for the most part than can in theory be learned.  Fuller has rare speed and deep tracking ability, ala DJax, that are more rare traits in my view.  So I view them as having different ceilings.  Different floors though too, to be fair.

Just went in cold for an initial offer with this Penny talk that worked out.  Sent and accepted in under 5 minutes 😮  Shocker to me since these FFPC deals seem impossible for me to complete.  I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

I traded:  Corey Davis and 2.12

I got:  Rashaad Penny and 1.11

Davis was my WR5, Penny I like a lot as an undervalued guy and Mack was my #2 (still is) but I had nothing comfortable behind them (Jaylen Samuels, D'Onte Foreman, Hines)

haha that was an awful sentence.  I'm just trying to say Coutee profiles as a more common prospect than Fuller.  I think Keke is a nice underneath, over the middle type receiver whom you can manufacture touches for.  Not a lot of guys fit that bill with his level of athleticism, but those are at least cerebral traits for the most part than can in theory be learned.  Fuller has rare speed and deep tracking ability, ala DJax, that are more rare traits in my view.  So I view them as having different ceilings.  Different floors though too, to be fair.
Thanks for explanation.

Just went in cold for an initial offer with this Penny talk that worked out.  Sent and accepted in under 5 minutes 😮  Shocker to me since these FFPC deals seem impossible for me to complete.  I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

I traded:  Corey Davis and 2.12

I got:  Rashaad Penny and 1.11

Davis was my WR5, Penny I like a lot as an undervalued guy and Mack was my #2 (still is) but I had nothing comfortable behind them (Jaylen Samuels, D'Onte Foreman, Hines)
I dont like this value, but I understand why

Ran it by DFC and shows you short by about the value of 1.9. 

I can see dealing Davis if hes your wr5, so it may be one of those deals that works out for both teams. For whatever reason DFC rates Davis pretty high (just above the value of 1.1 straight up)

FBG April value chart has Penny 9, 1.11 10. 2.12 5, Davis 16 (a little more fair than DFC)

I dont like this value, but I understand why

Ran it by DFC and shows you short by about the value of 1.9. 

I can see dealing Davis if hes your wr5, so it may be one of those deals that works out for both teams. For whatever reason DFC rates Davis pretty high (just above the value of 1.1 straight up)

FBG April value chart has Penny 9, 1.11 10. 2.12 5, Davis 16 (a little more fair than DFC)
I have Corey Davis and Penny ranked in the same tier so the value was even according to my rankings, and then the pick upgrade is obvious.  I'm glad to be done with Davis in that league.  

Users who are viewing this thread