What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

FFPC standard

Pick 1.01

For

Pick 1.05 and a 2023 1st ( middle of the road team so future pick could truly be anywhere).

Interesting trade.

Can see the appeal of getting a young RB which the 1.1 likely affords you. Might make sense for that team but I'd rather not come off that 2023 first yet.

FFPC standard

Pick 1.01

For

Pick 1.05 and a 2023 1st ( middle of the road team so future pick could truly be anywhere).
Love it. I’m a 2023 draft fan, and you just stole a 1st round pick. Even if it’s like 5-6-7, you’re looking at a high caliber RB, rop WR, or risky but likely viable QB. 

Great trade. 

butwhy.gif

curious as to who you’re targeting at 1.05?

I would have thought Jacobs alone would be worth that pick. 

not a terrible deal… Just curious  as to why you made .
I have RB depth to spare here and I think the price is good enough to clear one roster spot. 

I love your 2nd trade.  I am a believer in Renfrow.  reminds me of Kupp, but will not reach that elite level he has now. 
Yeah I believe in Renfrow too. I think McDaniels will use him as much as he can handle. 

I'm seeing a lot of teams dropping Cordarrelle Patterson in FFPC. I realize he's 30 and who knows what Atlanta will do but why not shop for a pick? I got a 2023 2nd for him which appears to be early and I got him for free last year off waivers. Seems silly to outright just cut these assets.

I'm seeing a lot of teams dropping Cordarrelle Patterson in FFPC. I realize he's 30 and who knows what Atlanta will do but why not shop for a pick? I got a 2023 2nd for him which appears to be early and I got him for free last year off waivers. Seems silly to outright just cut these assets.
I understand rosters might be tight, but I’d at least wait until we know if he signs with the Falcons again. 

Posted earlier that one of the best teams in one of my leagues got one of the worst teams to flip flop first and second round picks in the 2023 draft for Patterson.

I've also heard about people cutting Patterson and none of it makes any sense to me. I will cut no player before it's time, my long stated Paul Masson theory of team management. Frankly it might be the move I understand the least out of people who play dynasty, this need to cut players before you need to. Can recall players like Hayden Hurts, Mike Davis to name a few that got prematurely cut in last year or two. And fact those players were not good is not the point, they returned picks like high seconds.

Agreed. I haven't actually seen it but I have heard of people doing it. Insane. You can surely get a 2023 3rd or better from someone. And if it has to be a cut why do it now? No reason to do it before the deadline (or maybe a day or two before or so).

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex

I traded Waddle and Amon-Ra St Brown

Got Lamb, Nico Collins and 2.11

I like Prescott > Tua.  Lamb is a little younger than Waddle, which surprised me.

I'll go with Lamb here even without the extras.  The upside is Kupp stats, the downside is what he just did.
Mixed feelings on Lamb, who I like a lot.  On the other hand, a big Waddle fan too and am intrigued by Amon-Ra.  Tough call for me.... might also go Lamb but, yes, this one would be a tight call. 

My one hesitation is if TB decides to rebuild post Brady they may just stick with Vaughn for the season as their main RB. Ronnie Jones is an UFA and I believe Fournette was only on a one year deal. I could use RB depth there. However, even adding a later round RB in the draft could potentially make Vaughn obsolete as they don't seem to have much faith in him in Tampa.
I like your side of deal, as does everyone else.  Wouldn't be worried about Vaughn...

Do you have any insight in why other party did this deal?

I like Prescott > Tua.  Lamb is a little younger than Waddle, which surprised me.
I would probably go with the Lamb side here but I do think it is close.  Waddle is a stud (especially if they get Watson or another good QB over Tua) and St. Brown showed promise.  Lamb is in a more stable position but I think Collins is nothing but a dart throw and same with 2.11.  I could see either way.  Depends on how much you believe in Lamb though really.

Gave: McLauren, MIN DEF

Got :  CEH, K Hunt

Wasn't real high on Scary Terry and ended up getting some value at RB in return on a team that's loaded at WR.  Will probably try to package one or both to upgrade another position.

Wasn't real high on Scary Terry and ended up getting some value at RB in return on a team that's loaded at WR.  Will probably try to package one or both to upgrade another position.

I'm not high on CEH and Hunt but that is a nice influx of RB depth which is never a bad thing...McLaurin is a real tough guy to put a value on and if Washington gets a QB upgrade you could regret this deal long-term but that is still TBD...this is the type of deal that revolves around roster construction and my guess is it's a good deal for both teams.

McLaurin is one of the best WRs in the league - incredible route runner with 4.3 speed. He "struggled" last season with the poor QB play (but still put up decent numbers) but showed to be fairly QB proof his first two seasons. If Washington can get the position right, he's a Top 10 WR.

I'll go with Lamb here even without the extras.  The upside is Kupp stats, the downside is what he just did.
I take Lamb as well, but it's fair. Waddle and ASB are very young and ASB showed a lot of potential late in the season. Kupp just had the greatest PPR WR season of all time (412pts), besting even Moss's unreal 2007 season (385). It's a bit hyperbolic to say anyone has "Kupp stats" upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
InDitkaWeTrust said:

I'd probably take McLaurin here as I am a believer and think he will get better QB play next year but if you are stacked at WR, I have no problem with this trade.  CEH/Hunt are good options at RB if it fits a need or are more valuable trade chips in your league.  Seems like a good trade for win/win which are always the best ones.

I take Lamb as well, but it's fair. Waddle and ASB are very young and ASB showed a lot of potential late in the season. Kupp just had the greatest PPR WR season of all time (412pts), besting even Moss's unreal 2007 season (385). It's a bit hyperbolic to say anyone has "Kupp stats" upside.
I totally agree with this.  Not sure you can say anyone in the league has Kupp upside as he just proved his upside is the best ever.  I do like Lamb a ton though but also high on Waddle and ASB. 

Good trade but I do think the love for Lamb is a bit high at this time.  He has problems with drops, has lots of other weapons on his team, and had a worse season than Waddle with a way better QB/explosive offense.

InDitkaWeTrust said:

Not a CEH guy, and Hunt isn’t young. I’d take the Scary Terry here & hope WAS upgrades at QB. 

I own Lamb and would rather have Waddle straight up, throw in ASB and I love that side. I think Lambs value is at a crossroads and he is entering an important season. I see a guy who seems more dedicated to his after catch celebrations than his craft. He needs to gain strength, sharpen his routes, and stop dropping the ball. He doesn’t have the speed to translate the YAC we saw in college to the NFL so he will need to gain strength and refine his routes to take the next step. 

InDitkaWeTrust said:

The bolded is the key, at some point it's not about admiring your roster but trying to put best team together. McClaurin is a really solid player and I could see some QB's helping him take a jump but not sure they will get one of those QB's and extra WR comp could be coming as well. Without a jump Terry has shown he's more of a low end WR2, at his best.

Now if it was me I probably wait and hold Terry and see if they get one of those QB's.

But I did find the news on CEH that I just heard yesterday as encouraging for his value. Very difficult to take a second year leap dealing with that kind of off-season and perhaps he's being written off a bit to soon. But even as mediocore as he was last year he still was as productive as Terry in terms of fantasy production per game.

The bolded is the key, at some point it's not about admiring your roster but trying to put best team together. McClaurin is a really solid player and I could see some QB's helping him take a jump but not sure they will get one of those QB's and extra WR comp could be coming as well. Without a jump Terry has shown he's more of a low end WR2, at his best.

Now if it was me I probably wait and hold Terry and see if they get one of those QB's.

But I did find the news on CEH that I just heard yesterday as encouraging for his value. Very difficult to take a second year leap dealing with that kind of off-season and perhaps he's being written off a bit to soon. But even as mediocore as he was last year he still was as productive as Terry in terms of fantasy production per game.
I agree with you in concept about the bolded. I would rather not be on the 2 side of a 2-for-1 when dealing a valuable piece. I would think McClaurin could fetch a very decent RB in a 1:1 deal.

The knocks on CEH are partly to do with the way Reid uses him. He’s a better RL player than FF player. Reid likes using RBs situationally, and IMO they don’t trust CEH to get it done at the stripe.

Until that changes, it’s hard to be super optimistic about him for FF. 

I agree with you in concept about the bolded. I would rather not be on the 2 side of a 2-for-1 when dealing a valuable piece. I would think McClaurin could fetch a very decent RB in a 1:1 deal.

The knocks on CEH are partly to do with the way Reid uses him. He’s a better RL player than FF player. Reid likes using RBs situationally, and IMO they don’t trust CEH to get it done at the stripe.

Until that changes, it’s hard to be super optimistic about him for FF. 
You aren't wrong here but I think it depends on the league.  Our league is a .5 PPR and not full point and RBs are valued crazy high.  Plus, we are on the West Coast so Washington doesn't seem to be a team people are high on.  I think you are right but the league matters and I play in leagues where not sure which "better" RB you could get here. 

Scary Terry was only WR29 with only 175 points while missing no games at all.  CEH had 108 with missing 7 games and Hunt 99 with missing 9 games (in .5 PPR).  That counts week 18 but assuming McLaurin is worth more is just being high on him, he definitely didn't prove it last year.  If you aren't high on him or don't believe in Wash, then this seems fair to me if you have plenty of WRs but I do like Terry more.

Totally agree on the not being on the 2 side of the 2-1 unless you are getting grossly overpaid in the deal.

You aren't wrong here but I think it depends on the league.  Our league is a .5 PPR and not full point and RBs are valued crazy high.  Plus, we are on the West Coast so Washington doesn't seem to be a team people are high on.  I think you are right but the league matters and I play in leagues where not sure which "better" RB you could get here. 

Scary Terry was only WR29 with only 175 points while missing no games at all.  CEH had 108 with missing 7 games and Hunt 99 with missing 9 games (in .5 PPR).  That counts week 18 but assuming McLaurin is worth more is just being high on him, he definitely didn't prove it last year.  If you aren't high on him or don't believe in Wash, then this seems fair to me if you have plenty of WRs but I do like Terry more.

Totally agree on the not being on the 2 side of the 2-1 unless you are getting grossly overpaid in the deal.
It’s not that it’s an unfair trade, just a trade I wouldn’t do. 

IMO McClaurin should fetch a slightly better/more reliable RB, or one with more upside. 

Seems like CEH would be less valuable in .5 PPR than full PPR since he’s kind of a weekly dart throw for a TD. His receptions (when Reid feels like throwing to him) are partly what bolsters his value. 

I feel like we’ll collectively still be having this discussion until CEH washes out or becomes a top 5 RB. I’m just not sure the latter is realistic. 

I do agree that perception is reality when it comes to trading, and yeah - TMc had a down year. But the talent & opportunity are both there for him, and WAS seems likely to bring in a QB upgrade. If Samuel comes back to play, that will open things up for him.

But yeah - it’s a pretty fair deal. “Stacked” at WR is also a matter of perception, so I’d be interested in seeing that depth.

It is the kind of deal that can help a WR-rich team that lacks depth at RB win, so in that light, hey, good trade.  IMO the true value all hinges on whether CEH can elevate his game. 

It’s not that it’s an unfair trade, just a trade I wouldn’t do. 

IMO McClaurin should fetch a slightly better/more reliable RB, or one with more upside. 

Seems like CEH would be less valuable in .5 PPR than full PPR since he’s kind of a weekly dart throw for a TD. His receptions (when Reid feels like throwing to him) are partly what bolsters his value. 

I feel like we’ll collectively still be having this discussion until CEH washes out or becomes a top 5 RB. I’m just not sure the latter is realistic. 

I do agree that perception is reality when it comes to trading, and yeah - TMc had a down year. But the talent & opportunity are both there for him, and WAS seems likely to bring in a QB upgrade. If Samuel comes back to play, that will open things up for him.

But yeah - it’s a pretty fair deal. “Stacked” at WR is also a matter of perception, so I’d be interested in seeing that depth.

It is the kind of deal that can help a WR-rich team that lacks depth at RB win, so in that light, hey, good trade.  IMO the true value all hinges on whether CEH can elevate his game. 
I would agree with all of that and I would take McLaurin on paper without knowing the teams.  Plus, I don't think this deal would be going anywhere so seeing what Wash does at QB first could be beneficial too.

I do think that some people have and will do worse for TMc as well though due to perception of that team and the year he just had.  I see him as a top 15-18 WR personally so I like him better than this trade suggests.

CEH only had 19 receptions last season - that's part of the problem - they don't throw to him much even though his best role would be in space.

I agree, and at this point I think "washing out" is the more likely result. I was very high on him as a prospect even before he landed in KC, but once that happened I was envisioning a Top 5 RB from him. Watching his as a pro though, I've realized that he's just not fast enough to be successful at his size and he gets throw around like a rag doll. I just can't see where a great fantasy season is going to come from unless they do start using his heavy in the passing game.

I just can't see where a great fantasy season is going to come from unless they do start using his heavy in the passing game.
 100%. 

I was in the same camp - included him in a deal when I shipped off Mahomes. Watched him for a couple games and noped him off my roster for a 2023 1st (my own pick, which should be 1.01) and never looked back. 

In addition to not getting the receptions to make him a real FF asset, not being used at the stripe, and getting tossed around/lacking YAC, I also think he has poor vision. He'll often either run up the back of an OL, or try to stretch out a play looking for a hole that isn't there, only to get stuck for a loss. It happens far too frequently to be dismissed. 

And as you mentioned, he doesn't have either the burst or the top end speed, so it's not like he's gonna hit a home run any time soon. What's his longest NFL TD? I just looked it up and his longest career run was 31 yards. His longest run of 2021 was 17. It's just not a recipe for NFL success. 

Shockingly his career YPC is a relatively healthy 4.4, so it's telling that his career YPG is 57. 

He could be better than this if he gets a little more utilization, but IMO that's gonna be in the "post Andy Reid era" whenever that is. 

Eh, Gimme the Mcclaurin side over CEH and Hunt.  I dont care much for CEH actually, and Hunt will be 28 before he maybe gets to start somewhere.

Its not terrible if you really do need RB help though and are stacked at WR

However in that case, I would think you could do better maybe adding something else for a better RB, or maybe for a hiugh pick this year to draft a guy

Just had this one come across (PPR/1QB), and it is generating some discussion in the league...

Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick
Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick
Year 2023 Round 1 Draft Pick

for

Davis Mills

Saw this today, FFPC SF BB, Pro v Joe

Ridley for 1.7 

Fwiw, Joe got Ridley, Pro sold him 

If I had Ridley I would have done same

1-QB league.

That’s a rare triple yikes, folks. 
This was a league me and Gally play in and Don commishes. It went to a veto vote. In correspondence with the guy that brought it to a veto vote (I wrote him explaining why I wouldn't veto the deal) he said he wanted the owner's ownership to be discussed. This woman also dealt a first for Teddy Bridgewater this year. 

Just ####### awful. We already had one guy burn his picks and ditch, now this ####. Bull####. 

I'm prepared to eat my words if this works out for her, but I doubt it. I also explained all my reasoning for not vetoing in our other message board. I criticized the deal while leaving open the possibility that my valuation was off. Just poor management right now. 

This was a league me and Gally play in and Don commishes. It went to a veto vote. In correspondence with the guy that brought it to a veto vote (I wrote him explaining why I wouldn't veto the deal) he said he wanted the owner's ownership to be discussed. This woman also dealt a first for Teddy Bridgewater this year. 

Just ####### awful. We already had one guy burn his picks and ditch, now this ####. Bull####. 

I'm prepared to eat my words if this works out for her, but I doubt it. I also explained all my reasoning for not vetoing in our other message board. I criticized the deal while leaving open the possibility that my valuation was off. Just poor management right now. 
even if it does "work out for her" it's still an idiotic trade based on the risk. I mean there's a non-zero chance Mills never starts another NFL game unless it was because a team's starting QB got hurt. 

even if it does "work out for her" it's still an idiotic trade based on the risk
I don't think anybody looking at it would say it's not terrible. Personally, I just won't veto unless there's collusion. It's also not the type of league to drag somebody over the coals and cause flame wars, but it's upsetting the balance of a league in which some serious players play. 

eta* I take it seriously, at least.  

On thing to also keep in mind is that Zealots QBs are different than other league's valuations. We roster 51 during the season, and everybody hoards starting quarterbacks. They're tough to pry away. So, given that, I could maybe see a late 2022 1st (but she doesn't have one of those because she already dealt it for...Bridgewater) or I could see a 2022 2nd and 3rd, but I can't see the package she gave away. 

2023 1st
2022 2nd
2022 3rd 

Just an awful deal. 

Some of the deals she has made: 

Todd Gurley (of Atlanta fame then) for her future first
Sony Michel for her future first
Damien Williams for her 1.03
The 1.06 for her Dak Prescott and Aaron Jones, another awful deal

It's a case of bad management going on. 

, but it's upsetting the balance of a league in which some serious players play. 
this is the key, and why I absolutely would veto it.

Hell, just the ‘23 1st for Mills is a dramatic overpay in 1-QB leagues. 

Maybe worth a 2022 2nd or like 1.12? Maybe? Hard to even justify that. 

Users who are viewing this thread