What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

12 team ppr start Q/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

Combo rookie/devy draft with max of 12 devy rostered

Gave: Carter/Toney/3.05/4.05

Got: 1.03

Reason: not sold on either of the players, gives me the 1.03 and 1.05 with good options (Burks, Wilson, London, Williams, Walker... or devy's like Henderson and JSN)

Reason: not sold on either of the players, gives me the 1.03 and 1.05 with good options (Burks, Wilson, London, Williams, Walker... or devy's like Henderson and JSN)
I do like both Carter & Toney, so I likely would have held. 

FWIW my trade calc has it slightly in favor of the Toney/Carter side, but close enough to be called fair/even (~4%) 

But if you’re not high on those players, there ya go. 

I would have needed more than 1.03 to sell Both Carter & Toney.  I see both as rising talents who had rough rookie seasons due to the offense still developing.  I like both.  Wish I had either of them.  I prefer them to the 1.03 let alone the other dart throw picks included. 

Just got my first share of Pitts in FFPC

Gave: 1.04, Pittman, Fant, 3.02

Got: Pitts, 2.01 and 2023 2nd
Definitely not a bargain, but you definitely got Pitts. 

Welcome to the Pitts shareholders meeting. Let us all pray that his on-field performances start to match his extreme upside. :tebow:

That is not a lot to give up for Pitts...not a big fan of what the other guy did here...Fant is young and talented but he is very frustrating and if the QB situation in Denver does not improve I don't see it changing...Pittman is good/solid but I would want a better WR back if I were dealing Pitts...the 1.4 is nice but giving up two #2's is not necessary, especially with one of them being 2.1...Pitts is one of the best assets in Dynasty and IMO you gotta do a lot better than this if you are going to deal him.

Yeah that is nice. I feel like these 2nds should get you most of Fant or most of Pittman. Then you're just left with 1.04 plus one (decent but probably not great) player for Pitts. The 3rd is just cost of doing business and not super relevant. But yeah I'm not sure I would move Pitts for that whole side. So yeah free 2.01 and 2023 2nd plus probably a discount for Pitts after that.

DexterDew said:

1.03 pretty easily for me

But yeah I'm not sure I would move Pitts for that whole side. So yeah free 2.01 and 2023 2nd plus probably a discount for Pitts after that.
Pretty much except I'd say for sure I'd take Pitts even I was not getting the picks back.

We don't know what 1.4 will be and in theory it offers upside but reality is this draft has a lot of prospects who see more like solid players at that spot. That in a nutshell is what this trade is to me. 3 solid usable pieces for a 21 year old foundational piece/difference maker at a position were that is difficult to find.

DexterDew said:

I like the Carter/Toney side a lot, this is a sneaky good trade IMO...Carter can both run and catch and looks like a legit top 20 RB and I feel like Toney has a chance to be special...1.3 is a very nice asset and this could really work out well because both Toney and Carter are not definites but both of them have the potential to be better than that pick individually let alone if they both hit...I have never done Devy but I would guess that lower picks have more value due to that format.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I like the Carter/Toney side a lot, this is a sneaky good trade IMO...Carter can both run and catch and looks like a legit top 20 RB and I feel like Toney has a chance to be special...1.3 is a very nice asset and this could really work out well because both Toney and Carter are not definites but both of them have the potential to be better than that pick individually let alone if they both hit...I have never done Devy but I would guess that lower picks have more value due to that format.
I started posting something similar but gave up because I couldn’t articulate well enough. You typed perfectly what I wanted to say and I agree wholeheartedly. I think after next year the owner who received Carter/Toney has a chance to look like the clear cut winner in this trade.

I started posting something similar but gave up because I couldn’t articulate well enough. You typed perfectly what I wanted to say and I agree wholeheartedly. I think after next year the owner who received Carter/Toney has a chance to look like the clear cut winner in this trade.
Nothing against Carter or Toney but the first is an undersized back and the latter has an injury history.  Can they still be succesfull?  Of course, but, usually, the 1.03 is a shot at an elite prospect.  I tend to lean toward the best piece of a trade.

Nothing against Carter or Toney but the first is an undersized back and the latter has an injury history.  Can they still be succesfull?  Of course, but, usually, the 1.03 is a shot at an elite prospect.  I tend to lean toward the best piece of a trade.
…..or Carter or Toney or both could be better than one of

(Burks, Wilson, London, Williams, Walker... or devy's like Henderson and JSN)

I suspect Burks will go 1.01 and Wilson 1.02.   I commish this devy league.  Several top players are already on rosters and Dexter listed these players as some available.  There is no sure thing here, but they are good prospects.  I prefer the 1.03 as well, but the advantage could very easily go to Carter and Toney over London, or Williams, or Walker, or Henderson or JSN.

…..or Carter or Toney or both could be better than one of

(Burks, Wilson, London, Williams, Walker... or devy's like Henderson and JSN)

I suspect Burks will go 1.01 and Wilson 1.02.   I commish this devy league.  Several top players are already on rosters and Dexter listed these players as some available.  There is no sure thing here, but they are good prospects.  I prefer the 1.03 as well, but the advantage could very easily go to Carter and Toney over London, or Williams, or Walker, or Henderson or JSN.
Devy league waters down the draft but things might look lot different come September.  I'll stick with the 1.03 (and the free roster spots) for the previously stated concerns with Carter and Toney.

FFPC SuperFlex not involved, each trade is a different league

Team A gave 1.11
Team B gave D Harris, Stevenson

Team X gave 1.06, 2.01
Team Y gave Waller

Team Foxtrot gave Javonte Williams
Team Oscar gave AJ DIllon, 1.04

Team Moon Star gave R Jones, K Vaughn, Bateman, J Love
Team Prairie Rose gave 2.01, 3.01, 2023 2nd & 3rd

Something to chew on with each of those. Enjoy.

Wow not sure if that is cheap or not. 4 roster spots cleared and some decent picks acquired. Must not be much of a Bateman believer. 

Team A gave 1.11

Team X gave 1.06, 2.01
Team Y gave Waller

I would go with the Pats duo pretty easily fully understanding the headaches that come with it...these are two very talented backs that have stand-alone value but also blow-up value if one gets hurt...the 1.11 doesn't do a lot for me if I am gving up that type of talent/RB depth.

Need some more info...who is Team Y's backup and what are both teams trying to accomplish next season...if I was a contender, I would do this for Waller but if I was rebuilding, I would probably deal Waller since this is Superflex so the rookie pool is deeper.

Williams is one of the best Dynasty assets right now and while I like Dillon and 1.4 is a quality pick that is not a lot to give up to obtain Williams.

Tough one...would really need to see the rosters of both teams before making a decision....yes, this is a cop out...

*** just saw this is that league with limited roster spots so that could change things...so I will pretend that is not the case and leave these comments.

Team A gave 1.11

Team X gave 1.06, 2.01
Team Y gave Waller

I wouldn't give either of these backs on their own for just the 1.11 this year, even in SF. But, they did clear two roster spots and that is huge in February in FFPC. More so in SF.

I'd get laughed at for offering a late 1 for EITHER of them alone in 1QB league. 

I get the Roster spot, but does that discount the players that much? 

Team A gave 1.11
oof. Gimme the NE duo. 2022 1.11 isn’t going to be a valuable as either, IMO.  

Team X gave 1.06, 2.01
Team Y gave Waller
feels like a slight overpay for a guy Waller’s age. It’s not horrible given the relatively weak draft class, but he’s 29, and spent much of this year injured. 
if this is a “win-now” team that’s a TE away from a championship, ok, I can see it. 

probably fair, gimme the 1.04 & AJD

i am a Williams guy, but the value seems to be on the AJD side. 

ETA: then again, if I had Williams, I’m not sure I’d sell for this. 

If I had AJD & the 1.04 I would want to buy Williams for this. 

So on paper the value is AJD side. My preference would be Williams.

Maybe that’s more accurate. 

I’d probably take the picks. 

I'd get laughed at for offering a late 1 for EITHER of them alone in 1QB league. 

I get the Roster spot, but does that discount the players that much? 
IMO it should a bit. But I think in practice it doesn't tend to affect prices. Until it gets to the real nitty gritty back of the roster types that everyone knows you are going to have to cut, but there are at least a couple teams in the league that need to take flyer shots, so then 4th and 5th rounders can buy these types of guys. Not Bateman, but I have seen Rojo go for a 4th this month. Not that he is anything to get excited about but that is basically free. In a deeper league that price would never ever ever ever happen. Maybe I am wrong about that. Some people hate him so much they will take anything to be done with him, though. And there are lots of players like that. Gabe Davis last year. Bought him for 3rds and 4ths.

I ran an article last summer where I calculated that based on my own Frankenstein Hindery system, that a roster spot (in FFPC only) is worth something like 7 points. Which means it is theoretically worth more than quite a few rostered players out there. If my back of the cocktail napkin math was worth anything.

Need some more info...who is Team Y's backup and what are both teams trying to accomplish next season...if I was a contender, I would do this for Waller but if I was rebuilding, I would probably deal Waller since this is Superflex so the rookie pool is deeper. Team Y(that gave Waller) has H Henry at TE now and that is it. Not rare to carry just one TE into cuts. I almost always have 2 or 3 but whatever. Looking at their roster I would say they are right on the edge of being competitive enough to win it but probably needs another playmaking WR or 2. Has Deebo/Mooney and IMO a couple scrubs in Sutton/C Davis/Boyd and a guy I like as a buy low (as in free) J Meyers. So he needs picks IMO. Now he has 1.01, 1.06, 1.09, 2.01, and IMO is very strong at RB and QB. So...? I think it is a pretty square trade. Looking at the team that acquired Waller, though, ouch. They really have nothing. One good RB and nothing else. IDK. My team that acquired Waller in the thread above can be competitive this year. Also this owner is one I have..cough cough...traded with before. I'll leave it at that.

Tough one...would really need to see the rosters of both teams before making a decision....yes, this is a cop out...

*** just saw this is that league with limited roster spots so that could change things...so I will pretend that is not the case and leave these comments. It probably wouldn't change much on any of these deals except perhaps that last one, which is just a tough one to gauge anyway. Looking at the team that just got rid of these 4 players, he is still at 18 rostered and has to either cut 2 more or clear the spots through consolidation trades. He would otherwise be cutting 2 of Sutton/Boyd/Edmonds/Ridley/Viska. All of whom hold somewhat significant trade value and you would *hate* to lose. So maybe you sell cheaper than usual. IDK. Especially when everyone knows you're stuck. This guy's team is stacked and he cleared those spots *and* acquired good (not great) draft capital. Plus he already had 1.05 and 1.09. That is how you stay elite folks. 

Maybe in another year when the QB prospects aren't so weak, but this isn't close for me. With Jones contract he sticks around for 2022 so you're hoping for another injury for Dillon to get his chance. Dillon will be in the last year of his contract too in 2023 so gotta figure GB drafts another guy if they part ways with Jones then. If Rodgers leaves, then obviously the value of the GB RB's plummets considerably too. Even if its not Rodgers, I do expect that Denver will make every effort to land a QB upgrade this offseason. Given it was Elway that signed Gordon and he no longer runs things, I expect Gordon most likely walks too.

Maybe in another year when the QB prospects aren't so weak, but this isn't close for me. With Jones contract he sticks around for 2022 so you're hoping for another injury for Dillon to get his chance. Dillon will be in the last year of his contract too in 2023 so gotta figure GB drafts another guy if they part ways with Jones then. If Rodgers leaves, then obviously the value of the GB RB's plummets considerably too. Even if its not Rodgers, I do expect that Denver will make every effort to land a QB upgrade this offseason. Given it was Elway that signed Gordon and he no longer runs things, I expect Gordon most likely walks too.
I don't think you need an injury to Jones for Dillon to be valuable.  Down the stretch they used him inside the 10 as their TD vulture and to close games out.  I think he will have plenty of value even with Jones playing.  Then if Jones does miss time he vaults up in value.  

I don't think you need an injury to Jones for Dillon to be valuable.  Down the stretch they used him inside the 10 as their TD vulture and to close games out.  I think he will have plenty of value even with Jones playing.  Then if Jones does miss time he vaults up in value.  
Without Rodgers does the backup RB have much value?

So let me get this straight.  Rodgers leaving means the backup RB has MORE value??
Yes, as they will have to rely on the run more and Dillon will be used more.  Also, he is not a "backup" that only comes in for breathers.  He will get the ball more if Rodgers isn't there.  

ETA:  A better way to put it is that I don't believe Rodgers going somewhere else will hurt Dillon's value.  Not necessarily give him more value.  

Yeah that is nice. I feel like these 2nds should get you most of Fant or most of Pittman. Then you're just left with 1.04 plus one (decent but probably not great) player for Pitts. The 3rd is just cost of doing business and not super relevant. But yeah I'm not sure I would move Pitts for that whole side. So yeah free 2.01 and 2023 2nd plus probably a discount for Pitts after that.
I wouldn't give up Pitts for this but don't think I would give up much more than this for Pitts personally.  I like Pittman though and love Fant's upside but that totally depends on what Den does at QB.

Team A gave 1.11

Team X gave 1.06, 2.01
Team Y gave Waller

I don't play in FFPC or limited roster leagues so my thoughts don't take roster spots in to consideration:

I'd take Harris/Stevenson over 1.11 easily, especially in a year that is less talented in the draft.

Give me Waller if I was a TE from competing but the picks if I was rebuilding or had a TE I liked.  Waller is older, injured all year, and a new coaching staff.  I get both sides though.

I really like J-Will so I would go that way but AJ Dillon/1.4 is a good price to get for him if you were going to sell but Williams is a great building block.  I would want Williams here but if you wanted to get in to the top of the draft for one of the guys that you like and like Dillon (I do as well but A-Rod leaving would change this entire offense), I can see taking this deal.

It is SF and A-Rod might leave so Love is a good add, I do like Bateman, but don't believe much in RoJo/Vaughn so I'd probably go picks as I rarely have 4 people on my team I would want to cut for the 4 you got.  Give me the picks but I can see how someone could talk themselves in to the players just don't know my team would ever be in that position.

He was RB33 in PPG, as long as Jones is healthy I don’t see that changing much. One could easily argue they used Dillon more down the stretch to keep Jones healthy for the playoffs.

And if you really think it will help the RB’s that are already in a committee and splitting time to have Rodgers leave and Love starting, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

He was RB33 in PPG, as long as Jones is healthy I don’t see that changing much. One could easily argue they used Dillon more down the stretch to keep Jones healthy for the playoffs.

And if you really think it will help the RB’s that are already in a committee and splitting time to have Rodgers leave and Love starting, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Don't you think that if Rodgers is gone they will become run heavy which would help the RB's?  I think they lose some on defenses gearing toward stopping the run but they gain on getting more touches.  I just don't think the net difference will be as big as most people think.    So to plant my flag I am saying it won't change overall.  

To your first point though, if Rodgers is gone and they do go run heavy I think they use Dillon as the workhorse and Jones in space to also help keep Jones healthy.  I think the Packers change their identity and Dillon will benefit from that change.  

Don't you think that if Rodgers is gone they will become run heavy which would help the RB's?  I think they lose some on defenses gearing toward stopping the run but they gain on getting more touches.  I just don't think the net difference will be as big as most people think.    So to plant my flag I am saying it won't change overall.  

To your first point though, if Rodgers is gone and they do go run heavy I think they use Dillon as the workhorse and Jones in space to also help keep Jones healthy.  I think the Packers change their identity and Dillon will benefit from that change.  

The issue is Adams will probably be gone as well and if that's the case it will be 11 men in the box...also, without Rodgers (and Adams) I see the O taking a monster step backwards and I see a lot more playing from behind...unless Love really plays well I don't see this being a plus for the running game.

Yes, as they will have to rely on the run more and Dillon will be used more.  Also, he is not a "backup" that only comes in for breathers.  He will get the ball more if Rodgers isn't there.  
They may need to rely on the run more, but may do it facing 9 man fronts - unless they have a passing threat like they do in Rodgers. Maybe.

FFPC 1QB

I gave Sermon, 2023 2nd

I got Burrow

Paired with Chase now and my goodness that is one less Sermon share.
Basically a second and peanuts for Burrow is a good price but adding in fun of the hookup and I'd be doing this kind of deal all day so long as I had need or room for a QB.

Users who are viewing this thread