What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

It's not just one person, though. It's about all of Fantasy Twitter, too. It's getting really annoying because the hype is so great you can't trade out of picks you'd normally be able to trade out of. 

I'd almost eat my hat if this class was as bad as they say it is and that class as good. It defies logic and conditions (COVID, especially) that dictated that this year should actually be much stronger. And you see it in the draft. This one was deep, if not as big at the tails for talent. Part of the problem fantasy heads have with this draft is that they can't tell because their models can't account for COVID production or lack thereof at the collegiate level. 

Anyway, I was stuck with '22 picks because of the hype that I'm not even sure was that worth buying into. 
Next year it will be all about the 2024 draft. 😀

I keep thinking about this one. Dealt 2022 1.15 in a 16 team league. So at worst gets a ‘23 pick that’s the same or 1 pick “worse” (in arguably a better draft), with 14 chances at improving from that pick. Amazing. 
As the league gets larger, higher probability of finding someone to do these kind of deals 

God bless them 

Rookie draft starts today, 16 teams with contracts.  These deals went down 

1.10 this year for 2023 1st and 3rd (probably a mid round pick in 2023)

1.13 this year  and 3.16 this year for 2.10 this year AND 2023 1st (I would guess 10-16 range next year) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Next year it will be all about the 2024 draft. 😀
Not really, no. Henderson is definitely a target & easily as good as all but Bijan.

Otherwise Caleb Williams is right behind Young & Stroud, and there’s another FF-relevant TE coming up in Bowers, plus a couple decent WR like Marvin Harrison Jr. 

Other than Henderson at 1.01, the ‘24 draft is kinda murky, and doesn’t look nearly as good as ‘23.  Things can change though. 

Help me make sense of this:

A gave up Singletary, Devin BUF RB

B gave up Year 2022 Draft Pick 4.10; Year 2022 Draft Pick 5.10; Year 2022 Draft Pick 6.10

Help me make sense of this:

A gave up Singletary, Devin BUF RB

B gave up Year 2022 Draft Pick 4.10; Year 2022 Draft Pick 5.10; Year 2022 Draft Pick 6.10
Someone panicky about the RB BUF brought in for no legitimate reason? That’s nowhere near enough for Singletary. 

Hell, I got a high 2nd back when he was in a RBBC. 

Not really, no. Henderson is definitely a target & easily as good as all but Bijan.

Otherwise Caleb Williams is right behind Young & Stroud, and there’s another FF-relevant TE coming up in Bowers, plus a couple decent WR like Marvin Harrison Jr. 

Other than Henderson at 1.01, the ‘24 draft is kinda murky, and doesn’t look nearly as good as ‘23.  Things can change though. 
LOL - we barley have any idea what the 2023 class will look like when all is said and done with the 2022 NCAA season, let alone 2024. My point is that every year there's always people poo-pooing the current year and touting the following year and I'm positive that will be the case next offseason.

I get there's a ton of talent in the 2023 class but by the time the actual NFL draft comes around, some of the top guys will inexplicably stay in school, some will disappoint in 2022, some will get injured, and on the other side of the coin someone that's not on the radar now will explode. As some one said earlier heading into 2021 Isiaih Spiller was the greatest thing since sliced bread, after the 2021 season and testing, not so much. It's hard enough to predict what will happen in 2022 NFL and college seasons, let alone 2/3 years out. 

LOL - we barley have any idea what the 2023 class will look like when all is said and done with the 2022 NCAA season, let alone 2024. My point is that every year there's always people poo-pooing the current year and touting the following year and I'm positive that will be the case next offseason.

I get there's a ton of talent in the 2023 class but by the time the actual NFL draft comes around, some of the top guys will inexplicably stay in school, some will disappoint in 2022, some will get injured, and on the other side of the coin someone that's not on the radar now will explode. As some one said earlier heading into 2021 Isiaih Spiller was the greatest thing since sliced bread, after the 2021 season and testing, not so much. It's hard enough to predict what will happen in 2022 NFL and college seasons, let alone 2/3 years out. 
I don’t disagree. But we do know some things. The running joke about Devy leagues is “just wait until 2037!”. 

But that’s not a valid reason to downplay the fact that ‘23 is stacked though.  2023 is now *next year*.

As for

Spiller, back in 2021, Spiller was still behind most of the ‘23 running backs on devy rankings, so that’s not completely accurate. He also tested with an oblique injury, so there’s that. 

But that’s not a valid reason to downplay the fact that ‘23 is stacked though.  
I didn't really downplay it - I'm being realistic and saying a lot of things we think now, will not be accurate next offseason. A Anyone that has played in a dynasty format for the last 10-15 years can tell you that. 2 of the RBs that you listed, may end up staying in school (this happens more than you'd think) and then all of a sudden the 2024 class is now stacked.

Spiller, back in 2021, Spiller was still behind most of the ‘23 running backs on devy rankings, so that’s not completely accurate. He also tested with an oblique injury, so there’s that. 
I'm saying he was considered to be the top prize in 2022 by many and was considered a potential NFL first round pick last offseason.

I'm saying he was considered to be the top prize in 2022 by many and was considered a potential NFL first round pick last offseason.
I understood the words on my screen. I was skeptical of the 1st round NFL pick then because RBs just don’t go in the 1st much anymore. He was thought to be as good as Hall and better than Walker. 

And he still might be. 

12 Team PPR 1QB

Team A: Damien Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, 2.04 (Trey McBride)

Team B: Devin Singletary, 2.01 (James Cook), 3.01

12 Team PPR 1QB

Team A: Damien Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, 2.04 (Trey McBride)

Team B: Devin Singletary, 2.01 (James Cook), 3.01
huh. This one’s tricky. I probably take the Singletary/Cook side. 
Yeah, I really wanted out of the Patriots backfield and saw a chance to hopefully lock up BUF instead (also not a great backfield, but at least the RB1 there is on the field ~70% of the time instead of ~50% like Harris). Also figured maybe Cook hits and I get an Ekeler/Kamara lite type player.

I understood the words on my screen. I was skeptical of the 1st round NFL pick then because RBs just don’t go in the 1st much anymore. He was thought to be as good as Hall and better than Walker. 

And he still might be. 
This was true in 2022. In 2021 2 RBs were drafted in the first round, 1 in 2020, 1 in 2019, 3 in 2018, 2 in 2017.....

But that wasn't really the point anyway - and yes Spiller may actually turn out to be good, but his value is obviously not what is was expected to be before the 2021 season happened. Is that not accurate?

1QB FFPC

Gave: Barkley

Got: Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis and Zamir White

I love Williams and am big on White. Not so big on Davis but thought this was a good cash out on Barkley

This was true in 2022. In 2021 2 RBs were drafted in the first round, 1 in 2020, 1 in 2019, 3 in 2018, 2 in 2017.....

But that wasn't really the point anyway - and yes Spiller may actually turn out to be good, but his value is obviously not what is was expected to be before the 2021 season happened. Is that not accurate?
At the tail end of the 1st (24-25), sure. But it’s fairly safe to say RB value is still a far cry from the halcyon days of “Ricky & Ditka in wedding outfits on magazine cover” type-value, would you agree? I think Barkley was the last RB taken in the top 10, and that was 2018. 

Also, some are saying there could be as many as 5x 1st round NFL drafted RBs in 2023.

But yes, because Spiller opted to work out with an injury, he tested poorly at the combine. That, combined with a very good but not great college season (1000+ yards, 25 receptions), his stock fell. That’s a fair statement. 

i have 10 2023 players in 1-QB leagues better than anyone but Hall for 2023. And maybe as many as 10 more as good as anyone but Hall in the ‘23 class when looking at SF. And as you said, more will emerge. Yes, some could get hurt. Some could stay in school. Some could have a bad season and drop. But that’s still a much deeper class than 2022, and likely better than 2024, from what we know right now.

We don’t know the future, but we can make educated guesses based on the information at hand. But pointing to one RB who slipped due to injury doesn’t invalidate the excitement people have for the ‘23 draft. It’s expected to be a special draft class. 

Anyway, that 2042 class is gonna be fire. I read about a fetus that’s kicking at a 4.3 40 clip in his mamma’s womb, and if I’m in a deep deep deeeeep devy league, I’m pulling the trigger at 1.01. 
😉

1QB FFPC

I love Williams and am big on White. Not so big on Davis but thought this was a good cash out on Barkley
This is a fantastic cash out on Barkley, and I don’t think it matters how much anyone likes those 3 players. FWIW, I like those 3 players. 

IMO, the 2023 late first has potential to be as good as any pick from 1.02 -> this year.  There’s a ton of depth at RB coming next year + Michael Meyer. 

I see it as an obvious overpay, but if you feel you want/need Walker, there ya go. 
In our league the 1.02 owner just turned down 1.06 and what will be 11 or 12 in 2023.  I think he should have taken it but to move to 1.12 in 1 QB, I'm not sure it is a big overpay if limited bench and a RB need is taken in to play.  Walker could be a stud in Seattle.

In our league the 1.02 owner just turned down 1.06 and what will be 11 or 12 in 2023.  I think he should have taken it but to move to 1.12 in 1 QB, I'm not sure it is a big overpay if limited bench and a RB need is taken in to play.  Walker could be a stud in Seattle.
He could. Or he might not.

Personally I would have taken that deal on face value alone. One of the WR at 1.06 + whatever is at 1.11-1.12 next year is a very fair deal.  Plus one could use the 1.11-1.12 to move up in the 1st for what may well be a better RB prospect in 2023.

Walker landed on a rebuilding team, with a bad OL, and a bad QB. He absolutely might be a bell cow & return great value at 1.02 - I won’t argue that.

But that trade was well worth accepting, IMO. 

But pointing to one RB who slipped due to injury doesn’t invalidate the excitement people have for the ‘23 draft.
If this is what you're taking out of everything I said, then I think the conversation comes to an end. I'm not against the 2023 draft at all, in fact in two leagues I've added an extra first so far, but I was just trying to shed some light. No big deal.

If this is what you're taking out of everything I said, then I think the conversation comes to an end. I'm not against the 2023 draft at all, in fact in two leagues I've added an extra first so far, but I was just trying to shed some light. No big deal.
It’s not everything I’m taking from it, but it’s one aspect.  I appreciate your insight. I agree that players rise and fall, which I took to be your primary point. I did post more than that 1 paragraph. 

chadbower said:
SuperFlex

Gave: 2023 1st, M Carter, D Mills

Got: 1.08 (took Kenneth Walker)

Multiple owners laughed at me, and I don't care.  
That is a steal at 1.08 to get Walker.  Even in SF, especially in this weak QB year.  You might have overpaid depending on where that pick ends up in 2023 and if Davis Mills ends up being a long term starting QB but I don't mind this move at all.  A great talent dropped and you jumped on it.

He could. Or he might not.

Personally I would have taken that deal on face value alone. One of the WR at 1.06 + whatever is at 1.11-1.12 next year is a very fair deal.  Plus one could use the 1.11-1.12 to move up in the 1st for what may well be a better RB prospect in 2023.

Walker landed on a rebuilding team, with a bad OL, and a bad QB. He absolutely might be a bell cow & return great value at 1.02 - I won’t argue that.

But that trade was well worth accepting, IMO. 
I don't disagree with you either.  I just don't know that I'd trade Walker for 2 extremely late 1st round picks but with how you believe in the back end of the 2023 draft, I can see why you would.

You are a little higher than most in 2023 but you made some very valid points over the last few pages of debates.  I think we are looking somewhere in between where you are and some of these others arguing against you. 

I like it enough that I have 3 1sts and 3 2nds in the 2023 draft.  Walker could bust (partially due to team) but RBs can be good on bad teams too and Seattle will want to run a lot.  I think it depends on how you look at the talent.  I do like Walker but not a ton more in this draft (no QBs really if it is SF) past 1.02 and I love a lot of what next year has to offer but think it might be just a touch overhyped.  There will be busts in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  Always is.  The talent level is through the roof though.

I like it enough that I have 3 1sts and 3 2nds in the 2023 draft.  Walker could bust (partially due to team) but RBs can be good on bad teams too and Seattle will want to run a lot.  I think it depends on how you look at the talent.  I do like Walker but not a ton more in this draft (no QBs really if it is SF) and I love a lot of what next year has to offer but think it might be just a touch overhyped.  There will be busts in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  Always is.  The talent level is through the roof though.
my challenge with Walker is he didn’t do much until he went to a better team, then had a great year when he did.

So is he a premium RB who makes his own yards, or a dude who gives what the offense gives him?

Looking at his current situation, owners better hope for the former, though the evidence seems to point to the latter. 

I agree that he’s likely the best RB after Hall, but I see that as a drop-off of a couple tiers. As I mentioned earlier, Spiller may well have a better NFL career, despite landing on a team that already has an alpha back.

We’re all speculating. I agree with much of your post - we aren’t far off. But while I’d absolutely take Hall & not trade the ‘22 1.01, I’d definitely trade that 1.02 at good value. 

my challenge with Walker is he didn’t do much until he went to a better team, then had a great year when he did.

So is he a premium RB who makes his own yards, or a dude who gives what the offense gives him?

Looking at his current situation, owners better hope for the former, though the evidence seems to point to the latter. 

I agree that he’s likely the best RB after Hall, but I see that as a drop-off of a couple tiers. As I mentioned earlier, Spiller may well have a better NFL career, despite landing on a team that already has an alpha back.

We’re all speculating. I agree with much of your post - we aren’t far off. But while I’d absolutely take Hall & not trade the ‘22 1.01, I’d definitely trade that 1.02 at good value. 
Agreed there and like I said, in my league (my little brother), I told him to take the 1.06 and the 23 1st that will no doubt be 11 or 12.  I think that is good value.  Just not sure 1.12, 2.12, 3.12 in what we both think is a weak draft and 1.11 or 1.12 in 2023 as good value.  I think there is a huge drop off after about 6 or 7 this year.  The 12 this year might be a 3rd rounder next year.

Agreed there and like I said, in my league (my little brother), I told him to take the 1.06 and the 23 1st that will no doubt be 11 or 12.  I think that is good value.  Just not sure 1.12, 2.12, 3.12 in what we both think is a weak draft and 1.11 or 1.12 in 2023 as good value.  I think there is a huge drop off after about 6 or 7 this year.  The 12 this year might be a 3rd rounder next year.
I think part of the valuation lies in the mystery of your future draft pick '23.  In fantasy football, I have seen guys go from championship to middle of the pack in just a years time.  There is potential that pick in '23 could be a lot higher too.  No team is cemented into a Dynasty Championship, so these picks remain pretty fluid.  Knowing the absolute worst of all outcomes is a '23 1.12 and '22 1.06 for your '22 1.02 - you are still essentially getting two '22 early first round calibur players for the price of one.  You really have to love Walker for that. 

1QB FFPC

This is a fantastic cash out on Barkley, and I don’t think it matters how much anyone likes those 3 players. FWIW, I like those 3 players. 

How the mighty have fallen when that is a fantastic cash out.

Posted this in TAC but it fits in perfectly here;

For context, this is a 12-team 1 QB variable PPR league (RB .75 PPR, WR 1 PPR, TE/QB/K 1.5 PPR)

Team A receives

1.01, 4.01, Baker Mayfield, Mark Andrews and Justin Tucker

Team B receives

1.02, 5.02, 6.02, Joe Burrow, Evan Engram and Cairo Santos

The FA QB pool will be shallow.  Guys like Tyler Huntley and Teddy Bridgewater are rostered.  Team A also has Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.

Users who are viewing this thread