What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (4 Viewers)

12 team PPR 1 QB Bestball

Team A gives: Dulcich, Shaheed, Nucua
Team B gives: Marvin Mims

Context: Both teams rebuilding.

Team C gives: Burks
Team D gives: James Cook

Context: Both teams competing.

1QB Empire, non-TE premium, 4pt passing TDs, 1 point per 20yds.

BPA led me to take 3 consecutive TEs in a rookie draft last night. After adding Kincaid, Musgrave, and Mayer behind Kelce and Goedert, I'm now paying the piper today for a QB:

out: Mayer + '24 3rd Rounder
in: Goff

Mayer fell all the way to 3.11

12-team, 20-man
Q R R W W F K D
PPR, 6pt all TD

Team A received: Michael Thomas and Kareem Hunt
Team B received: Dak Prescott

FFPC SuperFlex (one of my worst orphans from a couple years ago, is starting to look better but this one is just about churning on the back end - I have Pitts as my TE1)

I gave Ferguson, 2024 3rd
I got Gesicki, Nico, 2024 2nd

12 team 1QB, not involved

Team A gets Trey Lance
Team B gets 2024 3rd (likely mid)

Just in case anyone wants a data point for current price in a 1QB league...mid third this year was Tillman/Abanikanda/Dell type dudes
I think that datapoint is an outlier. I would expect his value is more along the lines of a future 5th rounder.

FFPC SuperFlex (one of my worst orphans from a couple years ago, is starting to look better but this one is just about churning on the back end - I have Pitts as my TE1)

Why are you getting the higher pick? I don't get this for the other guy.
because he hit me out of left field with Ferguson for Gesicki*, Nico and a 3rd which I saw as a pretty awesome deal for me and figured what the heck I'd be greedy for a change and counter with his 2nd and my 3rd and bingo it happened. had mentioned I was very high on Ferguson in my Knox decline.

*and another same offer but Knox instead of Gesicki

Why are you getting the higher pick? I don't get this for the other guy.
He did clear one of those holy roster spots we FFPC guys are always preaching about, and in my case I can easily take on another. He may have noticed that when he sent the initial offers IDK.

12 Team PPR, 1 QB, no TE bonus

2024 1st (late) for Waller

If you can cash out on a Waller for a #1 I can't see doing better than that...on the flipside he looks poised for a big year so if you are close and have a hole at TE I can see why you would do it.

Interesting deal...Lazard, Mooney, Gallup and White are all side pieces that don't mean much to me...it comes down to McLaurin for Bigsby...getting McLaurin is solid but I do get being nervous that he may underperform this year with a potential nagging injury...Bigsby is really intriguing and since he is being added to Etienne that should lock down one starting RB spot for the whole year which is a good thing when you take into account all the uncertainty with that position...if I had Etienne and could not figure out another way to get Bigsby I would pull the trigger on this.

FFPC 1QB

I gave 2024 2nd (probably early)
I got CEH, Everett, 2024 3rd x2

Easily early 2nd…stupid deal for the other guy.
thanks, I'm the other guy

Sorry about that…thought it was the other guy so would have shown more etiquette but I really dislike this deal..especially in the FFPC leagues where I understand the roster spots are more limited…not sure what is accomplished here,..a high-end #2 is a valuable asset…CEH and Everett are jags and I will take as many picks as I can get but two #3’s don’t move the needle for me when combined with those two players.

FFPC 1QB

Sorry about that…thought it was the other guy so would have shown more etiquette but I really dislike this deal..especially in the FFPC leagues where I understand the roster spots are more limited…not sure what is accomplished here,..a high-end #2 is a valuable asset…CEH and Everett are jags and I will take as many picks as I can get but two #3’s don’t move the needle for me when combined with those two players.
All good, this one was purely about value for me. I don't care about that early 2nd enough to stop from making a good value deal. I don't see them as JAGs first of all. Everett especially is undervalued these days. And CEH somehow survived this offseason. He will get meaningful touches this year, is still young, and I need RB depth. In my Franchise Points system this is 12-15 points for the early 2nd vs 11 for CEH, 11 for Everett, and 5 and 5 for the 3rds. Which is the equivalent of turning a 2nd into a 1st.

Yes I know a dollar for four quarters. But in this case it's a dollar for 8 quarters. (I'd also debate whether or not a 2nd rounder is really a dollar in this analogy. My very first article talked about how/when it makes sense to consolidate vs liquidate and sometimes it does make sense to do this kind of thing. That 2nd rounder isn't as holy as some might make it out to be. My 2024 draft is not going to suffer from this deal. I almost always get the guys I want in rookie drafts anyway.

Here is another one about how much an FFPC roster spot is worth.

They're behind a paywall and I don't write there anymore.

FFPC 1QB

All good, this one was purely about value for me. I don't care about that early 2nd enough to stop from making a good value deal. I don't see them as JAGs first of all. Everett especially is undervalued these days. And CEH somehow survived this offseason. He will get meaningful touches this year, is still young, and I need RB depth. In my Franchise Points system this is 12-15 points for the early 2nd vs 11 for CEH, 11 for Everett, and 5 and 5 for the 3rds. Which is the equivalent of turning a 2nd into a 1st.

Yes I know a dollar for four quarters. But in this case it's a dollar for 8 quarters. (I'd also debate whether or not a 2nd rounder is really a dollar in this analogy. My very first article talked about how/when it makes sense to consolidate vs liquidate and sometimes it does make sense to do this kind of thing. That 2nd rounder isn't as holy as some might make it out to be. My 2024 draft is not going to suffer from this deal. I almost always get the guys I want in rookie drafts anyway.

Here is another one about how much an FFPC roster spot is worth.

They're behind a paywall and I don't write there anymore.

Don’t disagree about the philosophy...just don’t agree about the players.

FFPC 1QB

In my Franchise Points system this is 12-15 points for the early 2nd vs 11 for CEH, 11 for Everett, and 5 and 5 for the 3rds. Which is the equivalent of turning a 2nd into a 1st.
I neglected to mention a very important point. By my system, both of us turned a 2nd or equivalent into the equivalent of a 1st because dude cleared two roster spots, which I count as 7 and 7.

FFPC 1QB

FFPC is TE premium isn’t it?
It is
I despise Everett but that does add another thing to this deal.
lol OMG ok well I need to hear this then! I'm only lukewarm I probably liked CEH and the 3rds more in my deal...tell me what you hate about this guy? What did he do to you? He bounced you in the semis didn't he?

FFPC 1QB

It is
lol OMG ok well I need to hear this then! I'm only lukewarm I probably liked CEH and the 3rds more in my deal...tell me what you hate about this guy? What did he do to you? He bounced you in the semis didn't he?

No...not him personally, just what he is...he is the type of TE you are always chasing last week's points because you can't play him every week and when you do play him he kills you...I loathe that type of player.

FFPC 1QB

It is

No...not him personally, just what he is...he is the type of TE you are always chasing last week's points because you can't play him every week and when you do play him he kills you...I loathe that type of player.
lol well I assume you meant for fantasy not like he banged your wife or something. that's fair but I think on the TE scale that's just how it goes. unless you have a top stud. so for me i like a guy like everett (and many others like him) simply because he does have an impressive ceiling. i think you just have to take your medicine if you don't have a top guy and hope you don't get floor weeks.

FFPC 1QB

It is

lol well I assume you meant for fantasy not like he banged your wife or something. that's fair but I think on the TE scale that's just how it goes. unless you have a top stud. so for me i like a guy like everett (and many others like him) simply because he does have an impressive ceiling. i think you just have to take your medicine if you don't have a top guy and hope you don't get floor weeks.

What is his ceiling? He is 29 and last year was his first one with more than 50 receptions or 500 yard and he has never had more than 4 Tds in a season...I guess if he duplicates his career year that is solid with that scoring but not sure about having a high ceiling.

FFPC 1QB

It is

What is his ceiling? He is 29 and last year was his first one with more than 50 receptions or 500 yard and he has never had more than 4 Tds in a season...I guess if he duplicates his career year that is solid with that scoring but not sure about having a high ceiling.
I'm eternally and forever a week - to - week guy. I don't care about end of season stats I care about one week at a time. I'm not talking about him doing anything special. But Herbert loves him and that offense provides a really good ceiling in a given game. I want guys that are capable of 7/80/1 once in a while or 4/65/2 even. I know there's clunkers in between but I already addressed that. They're TEs. 1 or 2 decent seasons as a utility TE for me is fine for the 3rd biggest piece of a modest at most deal.

As far as chasing points week to week, I know they play KC twice and there might be a billion yards and TDs in those games. If it ended up a clunker I'd at least feel good about throwing him in there. This adds him to Higbee and Ferguson for me. Not beating my chest about that but both of those guys are almost the same guy as Everett. Ferguson is younger and people are starting to get piqued by him.

FFPC 1QB

It is

I'm eternally and forever a week - to - week guy. I don't care about end of season stats I care about one week at a time. I'm not talking about him doing anything special. But Herbert loves him and that offense provides a really good ceiling in a given game. I want guys that are capable of 7/80/1 once in a while or 4/65/2 even. I know there's clunkers in between but I already addressed that. They're TEs. 1 or 2 decent seasons as a utility TE for me is fine for the 3rd biggest piece of a modest at most deal.

As far as chasing points week to week, I know they play KC twice and there might be a billion yards and TDs in those games. If it ended up a clunker I'd at least feel good about throwing him in there. This adds him to Higbee and Ferguson for me. Not beating my chest about that but both of those guys are almost the same guy as Everett. Ferguson is younger and people are starting to get piqued by him.

Fair enough...not that there is a right way but I totally avoid that scenario but that is me...good luck with the deal.

12 team 24 man roster 0.5 PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(RB,WR,TE), 1K, 1DEF

Sent Mike Williams & 2024 3rd (early to mid)
Received Diontae Johnson

Feel even the 2024 3.01 is worth getting about 1.75 years younger between two fantasy starters that are relatively interchangeable from a redraft perspective in my opinion. Mike Williams was the oldest position player I had left on my roster and rostering the my 2024 3rd may have been tough next year.

FFPC 1QB

It is

Fair enough...not that there is a right way but I totally avoid that scenario but that is me...good luck with the deal.
oh yeah no biggie but what do you mean you avoid that scenario? which one? only asking because I truly don't follow what you mean. the scenario of whack-a-mole TEs?

FFPC 1QB

It is

oh yeah no biggie but what do you mean you avoid that scenario? which one? only asking because I truly don't follow what you mean. the scenario of whack-a-mole TEs?
The whack-a-mole

Team A received (has won 2 championships in a row)
Jefferson
Kittle
Sutton
2nd Round 2024 (10 team)

Team B received
Kelce
Pierce
Higgins
E. Moore
1st Round 2024 (10 team)

FFPC 1QB

It is

The whack-a-mole
Yea I hate it too and try to avoid as well. The vast majority of my dynasty squads are *much* stronger at TE1. I have a lot of Kelce/Andrews/Hockenson/Waller/Goedert - this deal doesn't change my status really. I was in whack a mole TE mode before the deal and I still am. Just a churning kind of deal that gives me some depth. Anyway thanks for your thoughts!

12 Team Superflex 1PPR. I had 4 starting QB's and needed an RB with the JT situation, also wanted White Mike to cuff with Tua. The 3 players I added to Rodgers would have been drops to make roster room.

Gave
Rodgers, Minshew, Zay Jones, Foreman

Got
Swift, Elijah Moore, Mike White

PPR, had to get down to 20 players by tomorrow, traded Zach Evans and Fant for Ty Chandler.

Also fllipped Michael Wilson for a 3rd in 2024, and Shakir for a 7th.

Roster now at 20.

12 team PPR IDP, my team should be very competitive this year, even if JT phones it in.

Gave 2023 1.11, Skyy Moore, Nico Collins

Got 2024 1st.

Team is in tough shape, Moore, Collins, and whoever he drafts at 1.11 start immediately. Moore and Collins were going to be cut to get down to max 7 WR keepers.

12 team PPR IDP, my team should be very competitive this year, even if JT phones it in.

Gave 2023 1.11, Skyy Moore, Nico Collins

Got 2024 1st.

Team is in tough shape, Moore, Collins, and whoever he drafts at 1.11 start immediately. Moore and Collins were going to be cut to get down to max 7 WR keepers.
Love it. These types of trades are what champions are made of. Middling assets for a potential home run. Not many make these trades but they have worked out for me time and time again.

Kinda of a small one but wanted to try and hit on a young wr. Sent allgeier and my 2024 4th for skyy Moore.

Really nice deal for you and I'm still not sure what Moore is...Allgeier is playing behind Bijan and since he is not gonna be used as a receiving RB his only path to being fantasy relevant is thru injury...Moore has a great opportunity to take a big leap this year...whether he does it remains to be seen but there is no exposure for you since what you are giving up is so little.

Users who are viewing this thread