What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

Even in PPR Shady has only finished as a top 10 RB once in the last three years, so counting on two consecutive top 5 finishes is very far from a guarantee.

He's also in that precipitous spot where even as someone who's value is generally underrated, he could see a catastrophic drop in value at any minute.  Even if he's healthy and producing next offseason people will be looking at a 30 next to his name (compared to a 26 for DJ).  And he's at that age where any mis-step means his value disappears entirely.  If he has a fairly big injury, unlike DJ, you will basically be able to get nothing back for him.
Fair enough.  He was a top 5 redraft back this year, after finishing RB4 last season, and I expect him to be in the first round mix next year as well.  

I agree with you on the fragility of his value.  While it can't be ignored, I'm not too worried about his trade value, though, where I do own him.  I'm planning on riding him out - and have always found contending owners willing to part with future picks for a sizable, short-term piece.  

The age difference is actually 3.5 years, not 2.5.  And DJ isn't out for the year so I wouldn't really take a whole year off.  It's not like it's a knee injury so he should come back at 100% and with fresh legs just in time for the fantasy playoffs when everyone else is wearing down.

I would still take DJ easily even if this were the guaranteed 1.01 and Shady.  The fact that it's a likely late 1st makes it really, really bad to me.  I know startup ADP isn't everything and doesn't count for fantasy points, but this is essentially a 4th round and 9th round startup pick for a top 5 overall pick, which DJ would still be even with the injury.
My bad on the age difference - I think the possibility of him being shut down for the season is very real, but you make some valid points. For a contending team, I still don't see this as a terrible deal but I may be higher on McCoy than you. I'm not saying I would accept that offer in either league where I own DJ but it wouldn't be an insta-reject.

Couple deals from week one, not involved in any

12 team TE prem ppr

Team 1 got AJ Green

Team 2 got 2x 2018 1sts, 2018 3rd

One of the first is from a very bad team, projected very early, one is projected very late. 3rd is also late.

Team 3 got Jordy

Team 4 got 2018 1,2,3 round picks, projected mid-late, picked 8th last year

Team 5 got Perine, 2018 late 4th

Team 6 got 2018 1st, projected top 3

My team is in rebuilding mode

I have been offered Wentz and a first rounder for Aaron Rodgers. Is that enough.

I look at it like half of the 1st round picks are busts. Wentz is number 11QB and 99 overall in dynasty rankings. Rodgers is #2 QB and number 25 overall.

Updated now is offering Corey Coleman as well for Desean Jackson as I said I needed more than a pick

thoughts

I have been offered Wentz and a first rounder for Aaron Rodgers. Is that enough.

I look at it like half of the 1st round picks are busts. Wentz is number 11QB and 99 overall in dynasty rankings. Rodgers is #2 QB and number 25 overall.

Updated now is offering Corey Coleman as well for Desean Jackson as I said I needed more than a pick

thoughts
Thread is for completed trades. maybe AC sub or Dynasty Value thread are more appropriate

Not involved in either but two interesting deals in a 16 team league. WR reign supreme in this league.

Pryor, Terrelle WAS WR; Ogbah, Emmanuel CLE DE

For

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB;Hooper, Austin ATL TE

And

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB; Gurley, Todd LAR RB

For

Martin, Doug TBB RB; Beckham, Odell NYG WR

12 team ppr QB - 2 RB - 3WR - TE - FL

Team A gave up Jones, Julio ATL WR

Team B gave up Watkins, Sammy LAR WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C (1.03 - 1.07?)

thoughts
I think so.  Rogers is 33 and probably 35 or so after your rebuild.  Added, I like Coleman.

-OZ- said:
Not involved in either but two interesting deals in a 16 team league. WR reign supreme in this league.

Pryor, Terrelle WAS WR; Ogbah, Emmanuel CLE DE

For

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB;Hooper, Austin ATL TE

And

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB; Gurley, Todd LAR RB

For

Martin, Doug TBB RB; Beckham, Odell NYG WR
Crowell

OBJ

12 team PPR Dynasty

Gave: Perine and 2018 1st (1.8-1.12 best guess)

Got: Gurley

Felt the move made me a contender as I'll start

Ryan (or Dak)

Gordon, Howard, Gurley

Julio, Nelson, Crowder

Reed (or Eifert)

Gurley' YPC do concern me, but the volume of touches he gets in passing and running game seem to make him worth the risk right? 

12 team PPR Dynasty

Gave: Perine and 2018 1st (1.8-1.12 best guess)

Got: Gurley

Felt the move made me a contender as I'll start

Ryan (or Dak)

Gordon, Howard, Gurley

Julio, Nelson, Crowder

Reed (or Eifert)

Gurley' YPC do concern me, but the volume of touches he gets in passing and running game seem to make him worth the risk right? 
I like that deal for you

12 Team PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Flex, Superflex

Team A receives: Brandon Marshall, Patrick Mahomes, top-3 protected 2018 1st round pick

Team B receives: Martavis Bryant, Doug Martin, 2018 4th round pick

I have been busy today. All leagues are PPR standard scoring all touchdowns are 6 points start 1qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex

I gave Melvin Gordon

I get 2, 2018 1st, both look like playoff teams, a 2018 2nd, and Chris Carson

Didn't like my team after the start up back in June, didn't like it even more after the 1st week, so starting to sell off pieces.

I now have 4 1sts in 2018 and 4 2nds

I gave Todd Gurley and Tyrod Taylor

I get Randall Cobb, 2018 1st, borderline playoff team, Chris Carson

Took over this team last year started to rebuild. I really like where this team is headed and I still have Mixon, Cook, Montgomery, and West at rb plus 2, 2018 1sts. My receivers are now Cobb and Tate, with a bunch of potential or nothing after it.

I gave a 2018 2nd

I got Tarik Cohen

Lost my 1st game, but feel I am a contender and I own Howard and am light at rb.

I have been busy today. All leagues are PPR standard scoring all touchdowns are 6 points start 1qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex

I gave Melvin Gordon

Didn't like my team after the start up back in June, didn't like it even more after the 1st week, so starting to sell off pieces.

Took over this team last year started to rebuild. I really like where this team is headed and I still have Mixon, Cook, Montgomery, and West at rb plus 2, 2018 1sts. My receivers are now Cobb and Tate, with a bunch of potential or nothing after it.

I gave a 2018 2nd

I got Tarik Cohen

Lost my 1st game, but feel I am a contender and I own Howard and am light at rb.
I think you likely could have gotten more for Gurley.  I like Cohen for a 2nd.  The Gordon trade will come down to where the picks land.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I gave Melvin Gordon

I gave a 2018 2nd

I got Tarik Cohen

I like all of them for you. I am more down on Gordon and Gurley than most though. I'd easily give those guys for what you got.

12 Team 0.5 PPR, 0.75 PPR for TE, 100 yd bonus rush or receiving. 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex RB/WR/TE

Gave: Fournette/Dak/Olsen/2018 2 (borderline playoff)

Got: Gurley/Cam/Kelce/2018 1 (borderline playoff)

I wasn't in a rush to sell LF or buy Gurley for that matter but felt like this was good value. 

12 Team 0.5 PPR, 0.75 PPR for TE, 100 yd bonus rush or receiving. 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex RB/WR/TE

I wasn't in a rush to sell LF or buy Gurley for that matter but felt like this was good value. 
I'll take Fournette. In 2 years people won't even remember who Todd Gurley was.

Well, it's not that bad, but I'm not a fan.

RustyFA4 said:
Dynasty ppr QB, 1-5 rb, 1-5 WR, te, def

team a gave Allen Robinson

team b gave laqaun treadwell, and 2 2018 2nd rounders
Omg eww. Robinson by a ton 

kutta said:
I like all of them for you. I am more down on Gordon and Gurley than most though. I'd easily give those guys for what you got.
I am very down on both Gordon and Gurley but that still seemed light to me.  Seems like their market is still a bit higher than that.

jeaton6 said:

Close give me the pick upgrade and Kelce. 

Give me Diggs. I'd be on the picks side if those picks had a shot at top 2-3
I lean the same. But the team that got the picks will be a top 3 pick. This give him three firsts which is nice in a rebuild. Meanwhile new Diggs owner added a nice piece to his growing stable. As a non-involved team i hate it because it makes them both better :lol:

14 team, ppr:

Gave: Sammy Watkins

Got: Jordan Matthews, 2018 1st (likely mid-late)

I know I'll probably get killed for this one and I know most wouldn't have done this, but I'm pretty down on Sammy and had been trying to deal him for a while, with no one willing to pay for the upside. I'm strong at WR, think Sammy is a bit overhyped and doesn't have the top 5-10 dynasty upside that I keep hearing about, and really just wanted another liquid asset in the first rounder that I can package later to fix another area of my team. Who knows? It may even be higher than I'm projecting now. I also like Matthews still as a talent and think the dynasty community is too down on him - I think he has a chance to produce in Buffalo as the #1 target (or 1b with Zay).

Users who are viewing this thread