What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (29 Viewers)

my view is probably slanted by the leagues I play in (all FPPC) so the rosters are small and you can't hold many guys and wait for them to develop, especially since it is also dual flex. I can say definitively in all 7 of my FFPC leagues I would not move Cohen for Sutton. Maybe this is just personal preference but I don't see any deals where Cohen is going for 'any 2nd rd pick'. I personally look for Mariota to take a step forward this year and at least be a QB1, I realize that still doesn't give him a ton of value but I also don't think Sutton is going to amount to much in the NFL, I think Hamilton likely outscores him this year in Denver. So this might be part my personal view of the players, as well as the fact that I don't play in leagues with a deep bench
To be clear, I'm in 6 FFPC leagues so I have a similar perspective. This is just a matter of disagreeing on virtually every piece and just goes to show how even small differences in opposite directions can amount to a large discrepancy in final trade. 

Luckily that's what allows us to do this hobby and get trades done.

If you're going to devalue Mariota for being in a 1QB league then you have to devalue Rodgers as well. After trying to trade him for 2 years I will tell you, nobody is giving up a first for him in 1 QB leagues. I made many offers and did lots of research in what Rodgers was going for in other completed trades.
Not in front of stats right now, but 99% sure Mariota has yet to finish top 15 at QB in PPG in 3 years. He's a liability in a start 1 QB league. After 3 years, I think he is what he is. I'll change my view if he starts scoring better, but until then, he's worthless on a team except as a bye week replacement. I think he actually hurts a short roster like FFPC when you don't want to drop and get a better WW QB that is doing better short term. 

Rodgers, on the other hand, has game and season changing scoring ability. QB1 overall. For that reason, he's worth even more in a start 1 QB league because of the weekly advantage he confers. 

Those 2 are night and day in terms of value for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to devalue Mariota for being in a 1QB league then you have to devalue Rodgers as well. After trying to trade him for 2 years I will tell you, nobody is giving up a first for him in 1 QB leagues. I made many offers and did lots of research in what Rodgers was going for in other completed trades.
During last season, I moved Rodgers for Goff & this year's 1.01. I am taking Barkley

my view is probably slanted by the leagues I play in (all FPPC) so the rosters are small and you can't hold many guys and wait for them to develop, especially since it is also dual flex. I can say definitively in all 7 of my FFPC leagues I would not move Cohen for Sutton. Maybe this is just personal preference but I don't see any deals where Cohen is going for 'any 2nd rd pick'. I personally look for Mariota to take a step forward this year and at least be a QB1, I realize that still doesn't give him a ton of value but I also don't think Sutton is going to amount to much in the NFL, I think Hamilton likely outscores him this year in Denver. So this might be part my personal view of the players, as well as the fact that I don't play in leagues with a deep bench
 I own Cohen a good amount and have had offers for multiple seconds and not something I'd consider. He'll be 23 years old and is consistently going in round 7 of FFPC format redrafts and I think he should. Why would anyone trade that for a second? I've not seen him dealt for something that cheap all off-season.

Also agree on Hamilton outscoring Sutton this year and big issue with Sutton in an FFPC format is the need to hold and wait for him to develop.  Actually agree with everything you posted except that I think Sutton does have high upside, just might take awhile to get there and I think if anyone wants to acquire Sutton they should wait, I think his price drops.

Sony Michel was drafted anywhere from 1.03-1.06 in most rookie drafts. In a start 1QB league he alone has to have close to the same trade value as Rodgers.

I don't think it's close myself, don't think Rodgers value is close to Michel in FFPC format. I don't think in a single FFPC league of mine, which is 7, you'd have a prayer of getting a pick in the 1.3-1.6 range for Rodgers. Rodgers was traded once this offseason and the team had to give 3.1 with him just to get 2.1. I think that was low and not reflective of his value but I'd put Rodgers value in the 10-12 range of rookie drafts and Michel for me in the 4-5 range. This year I'd give 10 and 11 for 4 or 5 so saying that it's fair to me say I pretty much value Michel around what I'd value TWO Rodgers.

Here is another FFPC

Gave Joe Mixon

Got Devonta Freeman

maybe I'm bailing early but Mixon is making me nervous and am unsure if he will ever be as good as anticipated coming out. I have a very good team that will be compete this year and swapping Mixon for Freeman as my rb2 seems like a positive for the next few years
I'd have held Mixon and even in a redraft I don't see a dropoff this year from Freeman to Mixon, and saying that is not a knock on Freeman.

Not in front of stats right now, but 99% sure Mariota has yet to finish top 15 at QB in PPG in 3 years. He's a liability in a start 1 QB league. After 3 years, I think he is what he is. I'll change my view if he starts scoring better, but until then, he's worthless on a team except as a bye week replacement. I think he actually hurts a short roster like FFPC when you don't want to drop and get a better WW QB that is doing better short term. 

Rodgers, on the other hand, has game and season changing scoring ability. QB1 overall. For that reason, he's worth even more in a start 1 QB league because of the weekly advantage he confers. 

Those 2 are night and day in terms of value for me.
My point wasn't that Mariota has trade value because I am with you that he doesn't. My point was that you are over valuing Rodgers in a one quarterback league. People would rather roll out their Matt Staffords and Matt Ryans and keep their first round picks. I agree with that philosophy by the way. Which is why I traded Rodgers.

I’m only in 1 QB dynasty leagues and I love owning Rodgers in one and Wentz in the other. No plans to trade them, probably ever. Just hold and take the weekly advantage, and carry a random, replacement level backup QB (Goff in 1 league and Big Ben in his twilight in the other). 

I love the “set it and forget it” comfort of a top 4 dynasty QB. Also leaves me with more roster flexibility in the off-season where I am comfortable keeping only 1 QB in the off season (these are short bench leagues. Keep 12 and 13 in each) 

It affects both but it affects borderline qb1/qb2 types a LOT more than someone who is elite at the position. 

As someone else mentioned Mariota is borderline dropabble in FFPC as a lot of teams don't even carry 2qbs and you certainly don't want Mariota as your qb1. 

It affects both but it affects borderline qb1/qb2 types a LOT more than someone who is elite at the position. 

As someone else mentioned Mariota is borderline dropabble in FFPC as a lot of teams don't even carry 2qbs and you certainly don't want Mariota as your qb1. 
As someone who doesn't play FFPC Mariota is certainly not droppable in my league which is deep, 35 quarterbacks rostered. But I do 100% agree he is not a strong QB1 at this point and I wouldn't want him starting on my team ....but that could change, he's young and he has potential.

gianmarco said:
Not in front of stats right now, but 99% sure Mariota has yet to finish top 15 at QB in PPG in 3 years. He's a liability in a start 1 QB league.
He was #13 in 2016 and 2015 was his best PPG season and while he was not top 15 that year he put up points that would have put him at #9 I think last year.  His 2016 season was the 15th best fantasy season by a first or second year QB since 2002 and if was PPG he'd have probably moved up to around #10. Again, 2016 was not his best PPG season.

He is still 24 and his best WR he's got to play with so far in his career is Rishard Mathews and he's had a tired OC and Head Coach his whole career.

I don't consider him a liabiltiy and I sure would not cut him nor have has he been cut in a single one of my FFPC leagues. If he has a bad season this year I'd reasses, but I'd have no problem at all with him as my starting QB1 on contending teams.

He was #13 in 2016 and 2015 was his best PPG season and while he was not top 15 that year he put up points that would have put him at #9 I think last year.  His 2016 season was the 15th best fantasy season by a first or second year QB since 2002 and if was PPG he'd have probably moved up to around #10. Again, 2016 was not his best PPG season.

He is still 24 and his best WR he's got to play with so far in his career is Rishard Mathews and he's had a tired OC and Head Coach his whole career.

I don't consider him a liabiltiy and I sure would not cut him nor have has he been cut in a single one of my FFPC leagues. If he has a bad season this year I'd reasses, but I'd have no problem at all with him as my starting QB1 on contending teams.
I was a heavy Mariota critic prior to last year. and for two reasons: his injury and teams figuring him out a little better. 

in 2018 I'm super high on him as the ultimate buy low qb this offseason, above carr even who I also like. 

the top 5 or 6 is going to have a huge makeover this year and I suspect Mariota is going to be flirting with that status. a bold prediction but he is very young and his team is getting more talented. that defense is legit. takes pressure off of him and he can do his thing. 

when it's all said and done this is what 2 trades worked out to. 12 team ppr  

Team A gets: Alshon Jeffery, Alex Collins, Crowell, Ian Thomas, 3rd round 2019 

Team B gets: 2019 mid to high 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks. 2019 low 2nd round pick. Dion Lewis. 

1/2 ppr 1/2 first down rushing recieving

Cupp 

For

I recall reading on FBG that LAR was 24th or something in passing attempts last year, maybe it was in Cooks'player page. Cooks is there now. many mouths to feed when they dont even throw the ball much.

1.9 is a potentially a choice between Ridley, Kirk, Moore, Sutton. I like the pick better

I was a heavy Mariota critic prior to last year. and for two reasons: his injury and teams figuring him out a little better. 

in 2018 I'm super high on him as the ultimate buy low qb this offseason, above carr even who I also like. 

the top 5 or 6 is going to have a huge makeover this year and I suspect Mariota is going to be flirting with that status. a bold prediction but he is very young and his team is getting more talented. that defense is legit. takes pressure off of him and he can do his thing. 
If Davis emerges as a playmaker then I love the upside of Mariota and the Ten offense.

12 team 0.5PPR.  Start 1/2/2/1 with a flex, K and DST. 

Team A gives: Sterling Shepard, Chris Ivory, 2.02, 2019 1st (should be playoff team)

Team B gives: TY Hilton, 3.07, 2019 3rd (top half)

Team A gives: Sterling Shepard, Chris Ivory, 2.02, 2019 1st (should be playoff team)

Team B. 3rd round picks are nothing so this is Hilton for a 1st, Shepard, second this year- which is huge. that's Anthony Miller or Gallup in most cases... both excellent. and ivory which is a throw away imo. 

I like what team B is getting by a lot actually

Cupp 

For

1.9 by a wide, wide margin. 

I like Shepard over Hilton moving forward in dynasty. 

when it's all said and done this is what 2 trades worked out to. 12 team ppr  

Team A gets: Alshon Jeffery, Alex Collins, Crowell, Ian Thomas, 3rd round 2019 

Team B gets: 2019 mid to high 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks. 2019 low 2nd round pick. Dion Lewis. 
Picks, but expecting Jeffery to have a big year nonetheless. 

Aunt Jemima said:
Here is another FFPC

Gave Joe Mixon

Got Devonta Freeman

maybe I'm bailing early but Mixon is making me nervous and am unsure if he will ever be as good as anticipated coming out. I have a very good team that will be compete this year and swapping Mixon for Freeman as my rb2 seems like a positive for the next few years
I like this one for you. I'll take the near guaranteed 16 points with upside for more. Freeman is 26. The market is clearly higher on Mixon today, but who is to say that Mixon doesn't tumble down boards if he starts slow. 

Cupp 

For

Gimmie 1.9 all day long.  (First of all it's Kupp with a K not a C) Kupp doesn't have the upside that Sutton/Miller/Kirk/Moore do.  He may have a better floor, but I don't value that much at this part of the draft.  It's not overly difficult to find WR2/3 types on waivers or cheap trades for vets but getting guys that we might be calling elite in a couple of years is expensive. 

Mariota was one of the darling next big things at QB a year ago, now the pendulum has swung too far to the other side. Tenn is a big x-factor this year, it's a very young and inexperienced new coaching staff, they may be the next wunderkid's or it may implode spectacularly. At such a low price on Mariota though, he's worth the gamble.

Mariota was one of the darling next big things at QB a year ago, now the pendulum has swung too far to the other side. Tenn is a big x-factor this year, it's a very young and inexperienced new coaching staff, they may be the next wunderkid's or it may implode spectacularly. At such a low price on Mariota though, he's worth the gamble.
Mariota is a guy who's not very useful in his current form but could take the leap to become a top 5 fantasy QB.

The problem is there are about a dozen of those guys out there so in a 1 QB league just about everyone has one, and they're easy to come by.  He's a decent enough dart throw at QB the same as any of the other 12, but I wouldn't give up anything of real value for him.

Same league. Me this time. I'm Blue Ribbons. I threw it out there right before I went on the clock at 1.10 and then almost instantly regretted it. But the dude hid accept right way. DJ Moore was there and he was the only guy I told myself I'd draft if he fell. If not I was always trying to trade down or out. I'm pretty stacked as is. Van Halen has been terrible for a while so his 2nd rounder next year will hopefully make this worth it. 

The Blue Ribbons gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick 

Van Halen's Deep Tracks gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.03;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick 

FFPC

Team A receives:  Kerryon Johnson

Team B receives:  2019 1st (playoff team)
Seems lateral to me.  I probably just used a late 1st to grab Kerryon... Unless you absolutely hate Kerryon Johnson I don't see how this could be considered a win.

Seems lateral to me.  I probably just used a late 1st to grab Kerryon... Unless you absolutely hate Kerryon Johnson I don't see how this could be considered a win.
Team B just acquired Kerryon and Agholor for A. Collins/Golladay. So he didn't initially draft him.

Another Kupp trade from a while back- I used him to bolster my draft position. 16 team ppr full idp.

gave Kupp, 1.13, 2.07, 4.07

got 1.08, 2.04, 4.04

had wr depth and wanted to get into top 8. Couldn’t get Kupp-1.08, so I like the 1.09 deal above. 

Same league. Me this time. I'm Blue Ribbons. I threw it out there right before I went on the clock at 1.10 and then almost instantly regretted it. But the dude hid accept right way. DJ Moore was there and he was the only guy I told myself I'd draft if he fell. If not I was always trying to trade down or out. I'm pretty stacked as is. Van Halen has been terrible for a while so his 2nd rounder next year will hopefully make this worth it. 

The Blue Ribbons gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick 

Van Halen's Deep Tracks gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.03;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick 
I ended up taking Lamar Jackson at 2.3 which is who I wanted/think my roster needed more than another WR (I have Julio, Cooks, Jeffrey, Gordon, Goodwin, Crowder, Dede, Kearse). I'm about to be up at this 2.9 and my own 2.10.

You have to figure in the possibility that the 2019 1st is not a late first but could be early to mid.   Stuff happens, good teams often miss the playoffs  due to injuries, bad luck, etc.  and in FFPC those good teams that just miss the playoffs frequently end up with the 1st or 2nd pick.

You have to figure in the possibility that the 2019 1st is not a late first but could be early to mid.   Stuff happens, good teams often miss the playoffs  due to injuries, bad luck, etc.  and in FFPC those good teams that just miss the playoffs frequently end up with the 1st or 2nd pick.
While I agree anything can happen, should be 1.11/1.12.

QB Cam, A Smith 
RB Kamara, Freeman, Guice, Chubb, Kerryon, Hyde
WR MThomas, Julio, Evans, Hill, Gordon, Bryant
TE Gronk, Kelce, ASJ

Here is another FFPC

Gave Joe Mixon

Got Devonta Freeman

I am a buyer of both but, prefer Freeman also. 

PPR Superflex dynasty.

sent away: 1.1, NE Def, O.Darkwa

Received Mike Evans, L. Fournette and 2019 1st

Hated to give up Barkley but felt It was impossible to decline.

Just gave M Ryan, 1.10 and Crabtree for A Rodgers in a 6 pts for TD pass (but 1qb)  league. There are salaries involved but nothing crazy there. 

PPR Superflex dynasty.

Don't understand this one at all. How is Barkley even remotely close to that value?

50% of Evans' seasons have been so-so, Fournette's ankle is problematic, and the 1st could be anywhere.

I'd still likely do the deal but it's not a slam dunk for me.

PPR Superflex dynasty.

I'd pass. fournette is injury prone with a bad ankle. Evans used to be a top wr. now hes just getting by on his name it seems. 

that 2019 first... yeah its nice but only if its top 4 or 5. 

I would have passed. Barkley is worth more than that imo. 

PPR Superflex dynasty.

Jesus Christ.  I love Saquon as much as the next guy, but that's absurd.  Take that and run.  It's funny, going into last year Evans was being discussed in the realm of ODB as far as dynasty rankings go.  Now, after one down season he's just being thrown to the wayside?  So you gave up a Defense and rb who will likely offer next to nothing in fantasy value along with Barkley for a top 10 dynasty RB, a top 10 dynasty WR, and another first round pick.  I don't care if the pick is the 1.10, that's insane.

Users who are viewing this thread