What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

Jesus Christ.  I love Saquon as much as the next guy, but that's absurd.  Take that and run.  It's funny, going into last year Evans was being discussed in the realm of ODB as far as dynasty rankings go.  Now, after one down season he's just being thrown to the wayside?  So you gave up a Defense and rb who will likely offer next to nothing in fantasy value along with Barkley for a top 10 dynasty RB, a top 10 dynasty WR, and another first round pick.  I don't care if the pick is the 1.10, that's insane.
Probably not a serious money league.

Jesus Christ.  I love Saquon as much as the next guy, but that's absurd.  Take that and run.  It's funny, going into last year Evans was being discussed in the realm of ODB as far as dynasty rankings go.  Now, after one down season he's just being thrown to the wayside?  So you gave up a Defense and rb who will likely offer next to nothing in fantasy value along with Barkley for a top 10 dynasty RB, a top 10 dynasty WR, and another first round pick.  I don't care if the pick is the 1.10, that's insane.
And the year before that he had many wondering if he was as rookie fluke and not really all that great and etc., etc.

The second half of Fournette's season, coupled with his final year at LSU, raised serious durability concerns.

As I said before, I'd still likely take the deal but it's not far to go and not unreasonable as it seems on the surface, 

And the year before that he had many wondering if he was as rookie fluke and not really all that great and etc., etc.

The second half of Fournette's season, coupled with his final year at LSU, raised serious durability concerns.

As I said before, I'd still likely take the deal but it's not far to go and not unreasonable as it seems on the surface, 
You mean the year he had over 1200 yards? The only thing fluky were his td receptions. And that’s a naturally hard thing to predict from year to year anyway, just ask Julio. 

You mean the year he had over 1200 yards? The only thing fluky were his td receptions. And that’s a naturally hard thing to predict from year to year anyway, just ask Julio. 
Yes, I mean that year. People were unsure about him after that year. 

And now there are the questions about Winston long term. He's likely the least sure thing of this cycle of "stud" WRs.

Julio's TD production is easy to predict...he doesn't score many. Last year's storyline was how they were going to REALLY focus on getting him the ball in the red zone.  

Evans had a decent rookie year, bust of a sophomore year, amazing 3rd year, and a bust of a 4th year. who is he?

its concerning to me that he can be used so sporadically in the end zone. his history shows if he doesnt have 2 or 3 multi TD scoring games, hes going to end up with 5 or less TDs. Without the TDs hes just Amari Cooper. I'm a Cooper fan, but many aren't. just read his spotlight thread. 

would I want him on my team? sure. hes better than any of my wrs. if I had him I would definitely be selling for picks if I could. but my dynasty roster is in rebuild mode.

fournette couldnt stay healthy and I would bet my house his ankle doesnt improve from a structural standpoint (because it's fact it won't) therefore he's highly prone to missing time or being slowed due to ankle problems. Fournette may turn into a perennial high end rb2.

the 1st rounder in 2019 is nice  but I would have preferred one this year to still get a high rb from this class. if actually like this a lot better if it came with a 2018 1.7 or higher. 

a year from now fournette may not be considered a top 10 dynasty rb, and Evans could be great or he could have a 5 TD year putting him in the wr2 category. If Evans disappoints again we could be seeing people talking about him like they are Cooper. 

personally I would have said no, obviously. But I avoid players with certain injury histories based on my area of expertise. just a personal preference; it's worked out and it's failed me, but in the end I dont second guess myself. 

hope it works out for the OP. 

If you don't like Mike Evans, deal him for Mike Thomas. 

If you don't like Fournette, deal him for your second favorite rookie RB, or any other sophomore RB of your liking.

The value is too much to pass up as you aren't dead-ended to these two players - both hold great value despite the negatives presented.

Evans has finished as a WR1 in PPG once in four years and has finished outside the top 20 twice.  The mistake with Evans was in ever ranking him in the same tier as OBJ, not in ranking him well below OBJ now.

Fournette I like decently and have in nearly every league as I was big on him as a prospect, but I think he is a bit overrated now.  Not sure why everyone is overlooking that he was kind of poor running the ball last year and on top of that the ankle issue looks like it may be with him for the long term.

On value you obviously sell Barkley there but if you told me I couldn't flip Evans/Fournettte for guys I like more and had to keep them I wouldn't take it.  I think at least one of Evans/Fournette sees a major value drop after the 2018 season and at that point the odds are pretty fair that Barkley will be worth a fair bit more than the remaining one.

if you told me I couldn't flip Evans/Fournettte for guys I like more and had to keep them I wouldn't take it.  I think at least one of Evans/Fournette sees a major value drop after the 2018 season and at that point the odds are pretty fair that Barkley will be worth a fair bit more than the remaining one.
this is exactly how I feel about it. 

Since this draft didn't happen yet I would be trying to trade fournette and Evans for players and picks in this draft yet. see if I could get 1.2 and some RBs/WRs I like better long term. if I was stuck with these 2 I would have politely rejected saying it's a great offer but I am not high on either player. (ftr that's what I meant when I said hes worth more. personally I do not value those 2 as high as some do) 

If you don't like Mike Evans, deal him for Mike Thomas. 

If you don't like Fournette, deal him for your second favorite rookie RB, or any other sophomore RB of your liking.

The value is too much to pass up as you aren't dead-ended to these two players - both hold great value despite the negatives presented.
yes. that's great. but to sell for a good RB or WR you need to find someone who also likes fournette and/or Evans, and willing to give up fair value. 

IMO you end up selling for less value because you want to move them. 

If there are people interested in paying up for Evan's and Fournette, great. I think this is great value but I hate the players 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fournette I like decently and have in nearly every league as I was big on him as a prospect, but I think he is a bit overrated now.  Not sure why everyone is overlooking that he was kind of poor running the ball last year and on top of that the ankle issue looks like it may be with him for the long term.
I think you might be  overlooking the fact the ankle injury already negatively impacted his season last year. Was a different player before he suffered that ankle injury in week 6, was an entirely different fantasy producer before he suffered that injury. If I thought I was buying the Fournette post ankle injury last year I'd agree with you. And still I'd not at any time classify him as running poorly. More of a product of the ankle injury and the offense that forced him to face more stacked boxes than any RB in the NFL last year, that's really no small thing.

As for the ankle issue I think it's his biggest concern but two things that might help. Shedding 5-10 pounds is one but late last year Dr. Chao said their was a relatively minor ankle stabilization procedure he could undergo and it would fix his ankle issues. Would love to know if he got that procedure done, but even if not it at least sounds like he's got a means to address it if need be and does not need to be a chronic thing.

As for value I've not been keeping track of where he is going in startups to comment on if he is overvalued or not. Trades for him I've seen seem legit and in redrafts he is going right about where he should be, which is right in that Gordon/Cook and sometimes Hunt grouping but after 6 other RB's. So in that RB7-10 range. I'd guess dynasty is similar and to me that's about right.

FFPC league, not involved but this went down last night.

Team A gave: Michel, Drake, Duke

Team B gave: DJ Moore and Chris Thompson

12 team start 8 RB/WR/TE with 1.5 TE PPR and 8 IDP with 1.5 per tackle, 0.75 assist, 6 per sack/Int contract league block buster deal 

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11

Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.11

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE (1 year)

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR (1 year)

Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick (projected late)

For

Jones, Julio ATL WR (3 years)

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (open contract)

Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick (projected early)

12 team start 8 RB/WR/TE with 1.5 TE PPR and 8 IDP with 1.5 per tackle, 0.75 assist, 6 per sack/Int contract league block buster deal 

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11

Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.11

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE (1 year)

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR (1 year)

Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick (projected late)

For

Jones, Julio ATL WR (3 years)

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (open contract)

Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick (projected early)
Julio and Fitz if you like winning. 

I like Moore over Michel, but Drake and Duke easily tip the scale for me. 
I prefer Michel over Moore myself but the team that drafted Michel could have just drafted Moore if they wanted which is what makes this a puzzling and bad trade. IMO they just gave up Drake+ for free when they could have just drafted Moore in the first place.

menobrown said:
I prefer Michel over Moore myself but the team that drafted Michel could have just drafted Moore if they wanted which is what makes this a puzzling and bad trade. IMO they just gave up Drake+ for free when they could have just drafted Moore in the first place.
where were Moore and Michel drafted? In several of my rookie drafts Michel went at 1.3 and Moore went between 7 and 9. Not saying I agree, just commenting because in most of my drafts you couldn't have 'just drafted Michel over Moore'

menobrown said:
FFPC league, not involved but this went down last night.

Team A gave: Michel, Drake, Duke

Team B gave: DJ Moore and Chris Thompson
Michel, Drake, Duke - not even close. Moore is currently a WR2 on a run first team. 

Heck gun to my head I might take all three of Michel (definitely), Drake, and Duke over Moore individually, much less all 3 together. 

where were Moore and Michel drafted? In several of my rookie drafts Michel went at 1.3 and Moore went between 7 and 9. Not saying I agree, just commenting because in most of my drafts you couldn't have 'just drafted Michel over Moore'
 Michel went 7th and Moore went 9th in this draft and that is why I said if the guy that drafted Michel at 7 wanted Moore so badly he should have just picked him. Instead of taking Moore at 7 he drafted Michel and then had to turn Drake and Duke into Chris Thompson.

Michel went 7th and Moore went 9th in this draft and that is why I said if the guy that drafted Michel at 7 wanted Moore so badly he should have just picked him. Instead of taking Moore at 7 he drafted Michel and then had to turn Drake and Duke into Chris Thompson.
Odd move indeed

yeah I don't understand this one bit. I definitely like the Michel side better. 

what's interesting is where these RBs and WRs go in other drafts. Michel went 1.3 in my draft. 

I’ve been known to overpay to fix what I perceived to be a previous mistake of mine, for peace of mind and all that. But only if I have value to spare.

Traded:

2018 1.12 rookie pick + 2018 2.12 rookie pick + 2019 1st + 2019 3rd + Will Fuller

Received:

2018 1.04 rookie pick + 2018 3.04 rookie pick + Alex Collins

I currently am on the clock and decided to go with Penny over Chubb.

Bumping this trade as the draft is nearing its completion for more clarity on what was taken:

Traded:

1.12 - became Christian Kirk
2.12 - owner traded away, became Josh Rosen
2019 1st - projected to be late (10th-12th pick)
2019 3rd - projected to be late (10th-12th pick)
Will Fuller

Received

1.04 - Rashaad Penny
3.04 - Baker Mayfield
Alex Collins

Gave Ajayi, Jay PHI RB (3 year deal)

Olsen, Greg CAR TE (open deal)

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.15

$6 in blind bidding

Received Kelce, Travis KCC TE (1 year deal)

Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.03

============================================

The 1-year deal for Kelce didn't bother me much.  We have several re-sign options.  Only problem being I also have Jerick McKinnon in his final season so I will have to be super judicious with my in-season spending so I'm able to afford the re-signing of both.

Oh, it's a TE-premium league (1.5 ppr vs. 1 for all other spots).

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR TE premium

Team A gives : Kirk, Ito Smith, 2019 1st

Team B gives : Mixon, 2019 3rd

I wasn't involved but the team getting Mixon is probably going to be a strong playoff contender so that 1st is likely late. They're not a powerhouse so anything is possible. The team sending the 3rd is middle of the road. Personally I would not sell Mixon for this. Maybe if I was a strong Kirk believer. 

12 team PPR TE premium

I wasn't involved but the team getting Mixon is probably going to be a strong playoff contender so that 1st is likely late. They're not a powerhouse so anything is possible. The team sending the 3rd is middle of the road. Personally I would not sell Mixon for this. Maybe if I was a strong Kirk believer. 
I'd keep Mixon but think it's fairly reasonable, and in a year it may look vastly different. 

12 team PPR TE premium

Based on likelihood of that first being late I would agree with you and would not move Mixon for this either and I'd add that I would feel the same if you substituted Moore/Ridley/Miller/Sutton or Gallup for Kirk.

Bumping this trade as the draft is nearing its completion for more clarity on what was taken:

Traded:

1.12 - became Christian Kirk
2.12 - owner traded away, became Josh Rosen
2019 1st - projected to be late (10th-12th pick)
2019 3rd - projected to be late (10th-12th pick)
Will Fuller

Received

1.04 - Rashaad Penny
3.04 - Baker Mayfield
Alex Collins
I think I like the Kirk/fuller side, but I’m ok with it if I have wr depth and need rbs. If that 2019 first becomes 7-8 instead of 10-12 I like it a lot. Collins is respectable but also seems replaceable. What did the guy get for 2.12? I like both sides really, but maybe like fuller more than I should and see long term value in Kirk.  

I think I like the Kirk/fuller side, but I’m ok with it if I have wr depth and need rbs. If that 2019 first becomes 7-8 instead of 10-12 I like it a lot. Collins is respectable but also seems replaceable. What did the guy get for 2.12? I like both sides really, but maybe like fuller more than I should and see long term value in Kirk.  
For context, before this trade, my RB1 is Gurley and Crowell at RB2 so needed some depth. As for WR, I am set with Julio, Tyreek, Marqise Lee and Fitzgerald.

As for what the Person X got for 2.12:

Person X actually traded my 2019 1st rounder and my 2.12, along with Sterling Shepard, and received

Juju, 2018 4.01, 2018 6.01

For context, before this trade, my RB1 is Gurley and Crowell at RB2 so needed some depth. As for WR, I am set with Julio, Tyreek, Marqise Lee and Fitzgerald.

As for what the Person X got for 2.12:

Person X actually traded my 2019 1st rounder and my 2.12, along with Sterling Shepard, and received

Juju, 2018 4.01, 2018 6.01
I like that for him- I like it for you too. You got 2 rbs that can help you compete immediately. Being able to turn those picks into juju is nice for him. I certainly can see both sides, so it’s a pretty fair win-win deal. 

Team A gets Brandin Cooks

Team B gets Amari Cooper, Cameron Brate, and Mack Hollins
I'm a Cooper fan, so I will take that side. I own both, Cooks and Cooper. I think they have a similar season. Cooks is supposed to be heavily involved in the revamped passing game this year. Cooper as well though. I almost view them as a fair trade straight up, so I will take Hollins and Brate 

if I had to like 1 over the other, I'd take Cooper. 

FFPC, not involved

Team A gets DJ Moore, Charles Clay

Team B gets Alex Collins, Cameron Brate, 2019 3rd
I'm curious where Moore was drafted, such that the owner would have preferred Collins over one of the rookie backs that *may* have been available. Moore went before Freeman and KJ in most of my rookie drafts. I'd take either of those guys over Collins. Makes me wonder if he drafted Moore and then had 2nd thoughts. But maybe Moore just slipped and he flipped him for perceived value.

I'm curious where Moore was drafted, such that the owner would have preferred Collins over one of the rookie backs that *may* have been available. Moore went before Freeman and KJ in most of my rookie drafts. I'd take either of those guys over Collins. Makes me wonder if he drafted Moore and then had 2nd thoughts. But maybe Moore just slipped and he flipped him for perceived value.
DJ Moore went 10th in this draft and this is the 2nd time he has been traded already in this league

Cooks has played with arguably the two best QBs in the NFL his entire career. I would not be shocked if he never repeats his best season at this point. Give me Cooper as I see more upside and unrealized ceiling. And if health being equal I see similar floors.

Users who are viewing this thread