What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

I haven't seen him moved in any of my leagues, but I had Gaskin valued at a late 1st, and I thought that seemed about right for Akers. I think it's more likely he recovers than not based on how Achilles recoveries have been going across the NFL and in other sports. I know some are pretty convinced it's a death knell for RBs though.
Marlon Mack will be a pretty good case study this year. It's been reported that he's 100% & has looked good in the preseason. 

Medicine incrementally improves - used to be that an ACL was a death knell, so maybe they're getting better with Achilles injuries now. 

Of course it's case by case. Mack could well be an outlier, but still bears observation since it was the same injury. 

Marlon Mack will be a pretty good case study this year. It's been reported that he's 100% & has looked good in the preseason. 

Medicine incrementally improves - used to be that an ACL was a death knell, so maybe they're getting better with Achilles injuries now. 

Of course it's case by case. Mack could well be an outlier, but still bears observation since it was the same injury. 
Coming back is one thing, coming back as good as you were is another.

Desperation is never pretty. Team B maxed out value on Hunt for sure. 

This is probably too much to give up for Hunt but he scores more than a lot of starting RBs.  I'm not near as high on Shenault as some and Tua is a toss in really in 1 QB leagues.  I don't mind this deal for team B due to the need they had but probably lost by a small amount in value.

Did I miss a note that this is SF or something?

Tua has almost no value in a 1qb league to me.  Just a back-end throw-in type player.

Hunt was an RB1 last year and an RB2 in the 8 games he played the year prior.  He and Shenault have essentially identical ADPs so I would think team need is a pretty nice tiebreaker there.  Filling a need while not losing anything on value.

Did I miss a note that this is SF or something?

Tua has almost no value in a 1qb league to me.  Just a back-end throw-in type player.

Hunt was an RB1 last year and an RB2 in the 8 games he played the year prior.  He and Shenault have essentially identical ADPs so I would think team need is a pretty nice tiebreaker there.  Filling a need while not losing anything on value.

Hunt also benefitted from a Chubb injury - it's hard for me to value him with a Chubb injury built in that hasn't happened yet. 

Tua has some value in 1 QB league. I disagree with that statement. He is less valuable than in SF, but he's a young upside QB who could develop. 

Hunt is kind of a 'tweener for me. He's not a top RB, but he could be one. He hasn't looked as good running the ball since he left KC, but he is a fluid receiver out of the backfield. And he has the lottery ticket upside.

In my follow-up post, I said in the context of need, the deal is better. I still think it's a slightly better deal for the team selling Hunt. 

Emmanuel Sanders seems to be doing fine. And his broke past 30.
I was referring to RBs.  I should have said as much.  However, Sanders never had another 1000 yd season after the injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had him in Dynasty I’d gamble that he can make it a couple games, let him hit a couple of those trademark track star 80 yard TDs in the 1-cut-and-go system & then deal him to someone for potentially more. I’d at least hold through the Lions game & then sell high. 
Yeah, I considered this but I am in a pretty frugal league due to its 20 year seasoning. Guys value their own prospects/picks and are not wowed by dead cat bounces. And FWIW, I really don't consider getting a 2nd burying Mostert prematurely. In recent years I've acquired legit commodities in the 2nd (JuJu, Deshaun Watson, Ertz - Past 2 seasons were B.Edwards and T.Marshall). Sure I've missed also, but I'll acquire all the 2nds I can. That's more what dynasty format is about for me than riding 29 year old RBs into the sunset.

And FWIW, I really don't consider getting a 2nd burying Mostert prematurely.
Oh, neither do I. 

Those were separate trains of thought - apologies if it seemed otherwise. 

Thought 1: FF writers and much of the community is shoveling dirt on Mostert's grave, while anointing Sermon. 

Thought 2: Maybe hold for more value since Mostert could splash out of the gate. 

But if you're sure your league is immune to dead cat bounces, then selling for a 2nd isn't terrible. 

Hunt also benefitted from a Chubb injury - it's hard for me to value him with a Chubb injury built in that hasn't happened yet. 

Tua has some value in 1 QB league. I disagree with that statement. He is less valuable than in SF, but he's a young upside QB who could develop. 

Hunt is kind of a 'tweener for me. He's not a top RB, but he could be one. He hasn't looked as good running the ball since he left KC, but he is a fluid receiver out of the backfield. And he has the lottery ticket upside.

In my follow-up post, I said in the context of need, the deal is better. I still think it's a slightly better deal for the team selling Hunt. 

Chubb only missed 4 games and Hunt's PPG was actually slightly higher in the 12 games Chubb played (13.667) than it was in the four games Chubb missed (13.625).

Chubb only missed 4 games and Hunt's PPG was actually slightly higher in the 12 games Chubb played (13.667) than it was in the four games Chubb missed (13.625).
Interesting. Was his receiving increased in the games Chubb played? 

Regardless, you're basically buying 1/2 of a RBBC any way you slice it.  Maybe it'll pay off. 

I don't think the price is unreasonably high, I just think the Tua/Viska side did slightly better in this deal. 

I've been wrong before. :shrug:  

I was referring to RBs.  I should have said as much.  However, Sanders never had another 1000 yd season after the injury.
I don't think a RB recovering would be much different than another similarly sized athlete recovering from that injury. And Manny Sanders was playing at full form 8 months after his injury, and had the best non-Manning season of his career that year. 

other recent examples that I consider more relevant than 30 year old Arian Foster or a decade old Mikel Leshoure injury:

Large Russian gymnast who won a gold medal 3 months after his Achilles tear

Kene Nwangwu workout numbers after rupturing his Achilles in college

Kwon Alexander will also be playing this weekend, 8 months after his Achilles rupture. So there's another data point to watch. 

I don't think Akers is without risk, I just think the risk, or certainty of him not recovering within 14 months, is way overblown based on a bad sample set of RBs. I'll leave the conversation alone though and let this get back to looking at trades. I just wanted to provide a data point.

Interesting. Was his receiving increased in the games Chubb played? 

Regardless, you're basically buying 1/2 of a RBBC any way you slice it.  Maybe it'll pay off. 

I don't think the price is unreasonably high, I just think the Tua/Viska side did slightly better in this deal. 

I've been wrong before. :shrug:  

His receiving went down in the games Chubb missed.  He basically slid into the Chubb role, and Johnson slid into the old Hunt role.  So either Chubb is healthy and he gets RB1/RB2 points from receptions, or Chubb is hurt and he gets roughly those same points from being the lead back grinder.

Personally I think a high/mid RB2 is worth a fair bit more than a guy like Shenault in the modern NFL, who to me seems to have a ceiling of a modest WR2 in a league where there are a plethora of those type of WRs and a shortage of the aforementioned RBs.

To each their own of course, but Shenault would only interest me over Hunt if I thought Shenault had big upside.  I realize there are some people that think he has that, but I'm not really one of them.

To each their own of course, but Shenault would only interest me over Hunt if I thought Shenault had big upside.  I realize there are some people that think he has that, but I'm not really one of them.

That's fair. And you indicated that you think Tua is essentially worthless, so that also plays into the equation. 

I don't think a RB recovering would be much different than another similarly sized athlete recovering from that injury. And Manny Sanders was playing at full form 8 months after his injury, and had the best non-Manning season of his career that year. 

other recent examples that I consider more relevant than 30 year old Arian Foster or a decade old Mikel Leshoure injury:

Large Russian gymnast who won a gold medal 3 months after his Achilles tear

Kene Nwangwu workout numbers after rupturing his Achilles in college

Kwon Alexander will also be playing this weekend, 8 months after his Achilles rupture. So there's another data point to watch. 

I don't think Akers is without risk, I just think the risk, or certainty of him not recovering within 14 months, is way overblown based on a bad sample set of RBs. I'll leave the conversation alone though and let this get back to looking at trades. I just wanted to provide a data point.
I frequently pointed out the Kevin Durant Achilles tear. 

He's an up & down the court guy, plays ~40 mins a night, for a heck of a lot more games - and plays on hardwood. So considering NFL players only play a relatively short amount of time & on grass, by comparison, I can't imaging it being any easier to recover from than football. 

One might argue that Durant's recovery should be considered more difficult. 

He's an up & down the court guy, plays ~40 mins a night, for a heck of a lot more games - and plays on hardwood. So considering NFL players only play a relatively short amount of time & on grass, by comparison, I can't imaging it being any easier to recover from than football. 

Yeah he is another example. I think his recovery was around 18 months, so perhaps not as rosy an outlook, but still a good recovery. I imagine basketball is pretty taxing on the Achilles, but I know if I start getting into which positions require more out of an Achilles than others, I'll be out of my depth immediately. 

I do know that just about every RB on the list of RBs with an Achilles injury was probably a guy that was not going to get the chance to show they recovered. The list is made up of guys past their prime (Foster), 2 down thumpers who weren't drafted (Crowell), 10 year old injuries (Leshoure, who actually looked decent in year 2 before other injuries hit), or a young RB who showed up to camp out of shape BEFORE he was injured (Foreman). I don't want to make definitive statements based on that sample set. 

True but I don't think B-ball players take the beating a RB does.  Plus, KD is a world class athlete.  Akers can't be considered anywhere near that.  Age is the one thing that he has on his side though.

14 team PPR Superflex

2 trades involving QBs (4 different teams represented)

Trade 1: Derek Carr + 2022 1st for Sam Darnold

Trade 2: Matt Ryan for Damien Harris + 2023 1st + 2023 2nd

14 team PPR Superflex

2 trades involving QBs (4 different teams represented)

Trade 1: Derek Carr + 2022 1st for Sam Darnold

Trade 2: Matt Ryan for Damien Harris + 2023 1st + 2023 2nd
The best assets in this deal is the 2023 1st and 2023 2nd.  I love the RBs in the 2023 class (Robinson, Gibbs, Bigsby, Evans, Bowman, and Milton).

ETA:  Since this is a Superflex, don't forget the QBs, but if they are gone, the RBs make a nice consolation prize.

Gave: Deebo Samuel and Zach Wilson

Got: Justin Herbert

1QB league, my team is pretty deep so I wanted to upgrade my QB depth to go along with Russell Wilson and the other team needed WR help. I'm high on Zach Wilson but Herbert is already there. 

12 team 0.5 superflex, not involved

Trevor Lawrence, CJ Beathard

for

Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, Diontae Johnson, 2024 1st, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd

14 team dynasty

Team A Gets:

Saquon Barkley, Tevin Coleman, Desean Jackson

Team B Gets

Jerry Jeudy, Sterling Shepard, Zack Moss, (2) 2022 2nds- mid round, 2022 3rd

for

Seems light for Lawrence, but I'm also not a big Diontae Johnson fan. Darnold and Jones might be worth nothing within a year and the 1st is so far out that it feels a bit tough to value.

14 team dynasty

Team A Gets:

Team B Gets

Way too little for Saquon IMO, and I love Jeudy. Gotta get at least one 1st coming back instead of those late picks.

12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB.  A couple small trades to clear roster space for one team and I'm not involved:

Team A: Gives Parris Campbell

Team B: Gives 2023 4th and 2023 6th

and

Team A: Gives Ryan Fitzpatrick

Team C: Gives 2022 4th

Gave: Deebo Samuel and Zach Wilson

Got: Justin Herbert

1QB league, my team is pretty deep so I wanted to upgrade my QB depth to go along with Russell Wilson and the other team needed WR help. I'm high on Zach Wilson but Herbert is already there. 
I honestly don't mind this trade at all personally.  Good move as Sherbert could be legit and Deebo can't stay healthy.

for

This could be a touch light for T-Law but if you aren't sold on him being generational this isn't a bad trade except the time to wait for those picks are way too long.  Should be another 1st included if waiting that long.

14 team dynasty

Team A Gets:

Team B Gets

This is almost criminally light for Barkley.  How do you get away with Jeudy, some bench fodder, and not even lose a 1st.  i would argue that both those 2nds should be 1sts to make this even close to fair.

12 team 0.5ppr superflex

gave 2 X 2022 1st (my own pick, and pick from likely top 3 team)

got

Aaron Jones, Kylin Hill

-----

starters (top subs in parenthesis)

QB - Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts (J. Herbert)

RB - Saquon Barkley, Aaron Jones (M. Davis, S. Michel, T. Pollard)

WR - AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Keenan Allen (M. Gallup, J. Waddle, D. Parker)

TE - Noah Fant 

12 team 0.5ppr superflex

got

Aaron Jones, Kylin Hill

-----

TE - Noah Fant 
Good trade and very nice squad.  I think you have the wrong QB in ( ) but either way you're sitting pretty

lardonastick said:
12 team 0.5ppr superflex

got

Aaron Jones, Kylin Hill

-----

TE - Noah Fant 

I see what both teams are doing here...you have a team that needed a player like Jones to go the distance and I think adding in Hill is a sneaky add-on as he looks good and if Jones goes down he could pay dividends...on the flip-side I really like the return on Jones as he will be 27 in December so you really can't ask for more than he got...in a vacuum I like getting the two #2's better but this is pretty much a classic Dynasty deal that makes sense for both teams based on what they are probably trying to accomplish.

Dyno, TE Premo:

I gave Joe Mixon

I got Justin Jefferson 

Tex

Definitely Jefferson...he is only 22 and has a chance to be elite and will be putting up points long after Mixon is done...Mixon is a quality RB but I see zero reason to make this deal.
Absolutely agree.  Why would the Jefferson owner make this deal?  

If there was a late 1st or early 2nd with Mixon, I could see it, but even is not close. 

Definitely Jefferson...he is only 22 and has a chance to be elite and will be putting up points long after Mixon is done...Mixon is a quality RB but I see zero reason to make this deal.
The owner won the Championship two years ago. Last year he had the 2nd highest scoring team but got bounced out of the playoffs. He’s in contention but knows unless he improves his RBs his window to win another championship fades as each year passes. When you constantly picking in the 8th-9th range you’ll never get a top tier running back. So he gave up youth at the WR position to win now. He has a few other WRs plus it’s a Flex league and he likes to run his team with 3 or 4 running backs vs 1 or 2 WRs on a weekly basis. He tried to offer Allen Robinson but I shot that down. He offered another WR, I shot that one down too only Jefferson will move that needle so he felt the pressure and reluctantly pulled the trigger. LOL, trust me he DID NOT WANT TO GIVE UP JEFFERSON!!! 🤣

I’m loaded at RB so Mixon doesn’t even start for me, last year he started once. So I’m moving a few pieces for strong younger player before my backs get too old and still have value. Pairing Jefferson, Lamb and Nuke I’m good at that position.

Tex

The owner won the Championship two years ago. Last year he had the 2nd highest scoring team but got bounced out of the playoffs. He’s in contention but knows unless he improves his RBs his window to win another championship fades as each year passes. When you constantly picking in the 8th-9th range you’ll never get a top tier running back. So he gave up youth at the WR position to win now. He has a few other WRs plus it’s a Flex league and he likes to run his team with 3 or 4 running backs vs 1 or 2 WRs on a weekly basis. He tried to offer Allen Robinson but I shot that down. He offered another WR, I shot that one down too only Jefferson will move that needle so he felt the pressure and reluctantly pulled the trigger. LOL, trust me he DID NOT WANT TO GIVE UP JEFFERSON!!! 🤣

I’m loaded at RB so Mixon doesn’t even start for me, last year he started once. So I’m moving a few pieces for strong younger player before my backs get too old and still have value. Pairing Jefferson, Lamb and Nuke I’m good at that position.

Tex

If the RB in return was a Kamara or Henry I would understand this more because they can put you over the top but Mixon just doesn't do it for me...quality RB but not worth giving up one of the top Dynasty assets on the market. 

Tex
So I have to commend you on your deal!  You clearly got the better part of the trade and it appears to have only cost you "depth".  You drove a hard bargain and did not give the "Reigning Champ" easy access to repeat.  Commendable effort! 

As for his justification, I don't see the cost paying the dividends he is hoping for.  I like Mixon.  I just think he should have done more window shopping before paying Premium Price for RB2 value giving up gold bullion in elite WR1 Jefferson. 

Users who are viewing this thread