What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

No on the bolded (in FFPC anyway). Holding mediocre or bottom tier QBs comes at the expense of rostering possible studs at other positions, which means you can get these guys for much cheaper and don't need to spend this kind of capital to get them. I know you are saying you don't like the deal either, but it doesn't have to be as a result of lack of QB depth on their roster. It can just be because they are bad.

Nobody made them make this move. I just got Mariota in three SF rookie/FA drafts in the 3rd thru 5th rounds. Got Lock, Trubisky, Darnold in that same range. Bottom tier guys but they can be had. Again, because FFPC FA pool is deep. Somebody even dropped Brady in a SF. He went 1.08. 

You can also pick up backup QBs off waivers that are just as productive when the starter gets hurt/benched. Not the incoming rookies but the Huntleys and Minshews of the world. 

TLDR nobody needs to spend this much on Mariota. But I also think 2.04 is potentially much more valuable than is being given credit here.
Gotta disagree strongly…like very, very strongly…your league must be far different with how the rosters are set-up because in mine there are zero QBs of worth on the wire and that includes the Loves, Huntley or any other one that has a chance of turning into something…if you get put into a corner at QB you are paying thru the nose because you have no choice and you never want to be in that spot…you are far better off having one of those QBs on your roster than a long shot at another position.

Gotta disagree strongly…like very, very strongly…your league must be far different with how the rosters are set-up because in mine there are zero QBs of worth on the wire and that includes the Loves, Huntley or any other one that has a chance of turning into something…if you get put into a corner at QB you are paying thru the nose because you have no choice and you never want to be in that spot…you are far better off having one of those QBs on your roster than a long shot at another position.
This is how my league is. 12 teams with a collective 50 QBs rostered. Every scrub imaginable is on someone’s roster as a “just in case”, but then we have 30-man rosters.

I have MM, ZWilson & Mond, and I may deal MM if he gets off to a good start & someone has a deficit. I could probably get a ‘23 2nd for him if the timing breaks right (competing team with an injury/MM plays well for a couple weeks).

definitely a supply & demand issue, and very league specific. 

I took 3rd place in the FPC in 2019 where 1st place was $250k. I could have made a different lineup decision in week 14 and I would have taken 1st.
I think I've shared with you almost exact same thing happened to me only it was a such a massive starting lineup call I finished in the teens.

I sort of hate when people after the fact moan about a lineup call they did not make when they never really considered starting that guy they just lament it after the fact so let me be clear this was one legit  lineup call.

Mahomes(QB1), Kittle(TE3),  Antonio Brown (WR2) Michael Thomas(WR3), Mike Evans (WR9), Amari Cooper (WR17 on season but WR9 since trade from Raiders), Nick Chubb(RB8 since mid-season when they got rid of Hyde) made up all but one member of my starting lineup and all of those players were healthy and available all 3 weeks. My 5th WR was a spare and I was not benching Mahomes or Kittle so really nothing to think about.

My one lineup call was Sony Michel or Derrick Henry which had to be made on Thursday, what would be the game were Henry went nuts on the Jags so I obviously chose wrong.  Friend of mine actually called me right before the game started because he had same lineup call in his local league and he called to ask for advice. I told him I was just sitting their examining the same thing and I was going withi  Sony and he said he was not sure,  that he was leaning Henry. He was explaining why he did not like Sony and the game kicked off and I remember us both say well to late now.

That one decision cost me $247,000.

12 team superflex

1.07 + Davis Mills

for

Deebo
I like Mills a fair bit but this seems fair to me. Figure the 7 is Olave or Moore. Significant risk on that side but could pay off. 
i happen to have Mills and the 4 in our SF. wouldn’t trade both for Deebo. But it would be tempting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:sadbanana:

omg

My only example cost my $3K, so doesn’t really compare. I was in the LCG. I had a starting RB (forget who) who was a little gimpy & had been underachieving for a couple weeks.

49ers had injuries up & down their RBs corps, and named DeSean Foster their starting RB for the week 16 game.

He was a FA. I spent $5 to add him, benched my RB2 & rolled out Foster 8 mins before kickoff. 

The dude on my bench scored 20, Foster scored like 10 & I lost by 1.3 points.

That was 14 years ago and I *still* kick myself over it. 

I think I've shared with you almost exact same thing happened to me only it was a such a massive starting lineup call I finished in the teens.

I sort of hate when people after the fact moan about a lineup call they did not make when they never really considered starting that guy they just lament it after the fact so let me be clear this was one legit  lineup call.

Mahomes(QB1), Kittle(TE3),  Antonio Brown (WR2) Michael Thomas(WR3), Mike Evans (WR9), Amari Cooper (WR17 on season but WR9 since trade from Raiders), Nick Chubb(RB8 since mid-season when they got rid of Hyde) made up all but one member of my starting lineup and all of those players were healthy and available all 3 weeks. My 5th WR was a spare and I was not benching Mahomes or Kittle so really nothing to think about.

My one lineup call was Sony Michel or Derrick Henry which had to be made on Thursday, what would be the game were Henry went nuts on the Jags so I obviously chose wrong.  Friend of mine actually called me right before the game started because he had same lineup call in his local league and he called to ask for advice. I told him I was just sitting their examining the same thing and I was going withi  Sony and he said he was not sure,  that he was leaning Henry. He was explaining why he did not like Sony and the game kicked off and I remember us both say well to late now.

:shock:  

Not sure whether I’m more shocked at how close you came or that you benched the king. 

No on the bolded (in FFPC anyway). Holding mediocre or bottom tier QBs comes at the expense of rostering possible studs at other positions, which means you can get these guys for much cheaper and don't need to spend this kind of capital to get them. I know you are saying you don't like the deal either, but it doesn't have to be as a result of lack of QB depth on their roster. It can just be because they are bad.

Nobody made them make this move. I just got Mariota in three SF rookie/FA drafts in the 3rd thru 5th rounds. Got Lock, Trubisky, Darnold in that same range. Bottom tier guys but they can be had. Again, because FFPC FA pool is deep. Somebody even dropped Brady in a SF. He went 1.08. 

You can also pick up backup QBs off waivers that are just as productive when the starter gets hurt/benched. Not the incoming rookies but the Huntleys and Minshews of the world. 

TLDR nobody needs to spend this much on Mariota. But I also think 2.04 is potentially much more valuable than is being given credit here.

FFPC superflex is very different than traditional superflex leagues with larger rosters.

I play in both and my experience in FFPC leagues is the same as yours.  The injury backups are pretty much exclusively on the WW and available at a reasonable cost any time a starter gets hurt, and the lower end starters without a stranglehold on the job like Mariota or Heinecke (last year) are sometimes just sitting there for the taking, or in a worst case scenario available extremely cheaply in a trade.

I almost always punt at QB in FFPC SF startups, usually grabbing one reliable starter that I can get not too early (like Stafford or Cousins) and then just figuring it out as I go at QB2.  Usually in FFPC there are even solid QB2's available in or near the double digit rounds of start-ups.

A traditional SF league is a totally different story though.  Most teams have 4-6 QBs rostered and any starter with a pulse has some pretty good value.  If a guy like Siemian or Huntley falls into a starting role for a few weeks they're probably already on a roster (and not cheap to acquire), and if by some luck they're not then someone will blow their entire BB budget in waivers so you basically have to go all-in.

I tried punting at QB in a regular SF startup 2 years ago with 28 man rosters and I've had Tannehill as my only QB the entire time.  I just can't bring myself to trade reliable starter at another position like Mike Evans for some temporary crap like Mariota at QB that may be on the bench in a month and this year's weak QB draft really made things difficult.  When the Titans have a buy I literally have to just start some back-up in a lopsided matchup and hope that the game gets far enough out of hand that he plays the 4th quarter.

Thanks goodness Tannehill has stayed healthy the last two years.

Gotta disagree strongly…like very, very strongly…your league must be far different with how the rosters are set-up
I agree 100% if it is a deeper bench league. But I did specify FFPC. And it *is* that different. You face much tougher cut decisions. Keep Mariota over starters at other positions? Not likely. It really is a different dynamic and I feel like I am the only poster in here who actually plays FFPC SF. QBs can be had. 

And I have said this 1000 times but will repeat. In FFPC SF there is one other flex spot. So if you are stuck without a second QB in a given week, the *worst* case scenario is you are starting your 3rd RB or your 3rd WR. Maybe 2nd TE in the SuperFlex position. That is nowhere close to being a death knell. And in fact my absolute studs that are my RB3 or WR3 will probably outproduce many bottom tier QBs. 

But I gotta say again I think you're right about the market dynamic in deeper leagues. You can't get those guys on waivers or thru cheap trades.

That was Henry's breakout game, his career did a full 180 after that game. Coming into that game he was averaging less then 10 fantasy points a game and not hit 60 yards rushing that whole season.
Yeah I made the same mistake benching him that game. In my case it cost me the toilet bowl advancement but playing it out I would have won the 1.01. Lots of people benched Henry that game. 

We all need to get on a zoom and get our 5 minutes around the horn. 

FreeBaGeL said:
FFPC superflex is very different than traditional superflex leagues with larger rosters.

I play in both and my experience in FFPC leagues is the same as yours.  The injury backups are pretty much exclusively on the WW and available at a reasonable cost any time a starter gets hurt, and the lower end starters without a stranglehold on the job like Mariota or Heinecke (last year) are sometimes just sitting there for the taking, or in a worst case scenario available extremely cheaply in a trade.

I almost always punt at QB in FFPC SF startups, usually grabbing one reliable starter that I can get not too early (like Stafford or Cousins) and then just figuring it out as I go at QB2.  Usually in FFPC there are even solid QB2's available in or near the double digit rounds of start-ups.

A traditional SF league is a totally different story though.  Most teams have 4-6 QBs rosters and any starter with a pulse has some pretty good value.  If a guy like Siemian or Huntley falls into a starting role for a few weeks they're probably already on a roster (and not cheap to acquire), and if by some luck they're not then someone will blow their entire BB budget in waivers so you basically have to go all-in.

I tried punting at QB in a regular SF startup 2 years ago with 28 man rosters and I've had Tannehill as my only QB the entire time.  I just can't bring myself to trade reliable starter at another position like Mike Evans for some temporary crap like Mariota at QB that may be on the bench in a month and this year's weak QB draft really made things difficult.  When the Titans have a buy I literally have to just start some back-up in a lopsided matchup and hope that the game gets far enough out of hand that he plays the 4th quarter.

Thanks goodness Tannehill has stayed healthy the last two years.
Yep. At one point last  year I had Mariotta, Trubisky, Ian Brook, case Keenum, tyrod Taylor and a couple others rostered while starting Tannehill and Mills. You aren’t getting a starter unless you’re lucky enough to have picked the right backup, bid all your waiver $ in the rare circumstance, or trade. 

It's plausible but I certainly wouldn't predict it
Let me clarify… Top 20 for fantasy because he is mobile. But that’s when he plays. I also said I don’t expect him to play more than 12 games. So for those 12 games, he could be a top 20 quarterback pretty easily. For the season, it’s another story.

12 team superflex

1.07 + Davis Mills

for

Deebo

QB's are so overrated in SF.  QB's are so underrated in 1 QB leagues.  There needs to be a happy medium like a SF but with QB's only getting 3 pts per TD pass and 1 pt per 25 yards so they score equal to the other positions so everyone isn't falling all over themselves for take every one alive so high in drafts.

PPR 1QB 12 team

Gave Justin Herbert & Gabe Davis

Got - Deshaun Watson, 2022 pick 2.04, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd.
Risky, but probably fair. If Watson isn’t suspended long & plays to form in CLE you’ll profit here.

All rides on Watson’s success, or lack thereof.

fun trade to evaluate though, thanks for sharing. 

QB's are so overrated in SF.  QB's are so underrated in 1 QB leagues.  There needs to be a happy medium like a SF but with QB's only getting 3 pts per TD pass and 1 pt per 25 yards so they score equal to the other positions so everyone isn't falling all over themselves for take every one alive so high in drafts.
I had looked for leagues where the SF/Flex players count for 1/2 of what their performance would ordinarily warrant, with the theory that these players are coming off the fantasy team's bench and wouldn't have the opportunities of a designated starter.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a site that could host such a league, much less an existing league of that type.

I'm rebuilding so If Watson is suspended most of this season I don't mind.  Figure I can turn the 3 picks into more value than Davis.
I was going to comment that it felt like a good rebuilder's trade, so cool to see your follow up to confirm. 
And in 1QB, there’s a decent chance you don’t even need Watson at all an might have a serviceable QB already rostered anyway. So a rebuilder getting an extra 2023 1st and 2nd , plus the 2.4 this year, sounds like a good trade to me, even without Watson, honestly. 

That was Henry's breakout game, his career did a full 180 after that game. Coming into that game he was averaging less then 10 fantasy points a game and not hit 60 yards rushing that whole season.
I traded Henry the week before that game for Lockett and another piece because I needed a WR (had somebody get injured, can't remember who) and by all accounts it appeared Henry was never going to be 'the guy', TN had just refused to let him eat.  It cost me the title, I finished in 4th so -$1500 trade.  My trade partner won the league that year and the next year thanks to Henry.  

Can't imagine what $247,000 going poof must feel like.  The fact that you still play this game after that speaks volumes.  

I like RoJo here. It’s close but the upside and scarcity of the position alone make RoJo appealing vs the 30 year old wr on a new team that prefers to run first and coming off season ending injury.
I do as well. Plus I fully expect RoJo to be the early down back, + short yardage (both areas that CEH has struggled mightily in) but it’s nice to know what he’s commanding in trade. 

Ps - You forgot to mention, “coming off of a torn ACL”, too. lol 

10 team PPR 1QB

Team A Received:

K. Hunt

Mike Evans

Team B Received:

Ekeler

2023 1st Rd Pick (mid to late)
Man. Evans should net a ‘23 1st (at least) with Brady back for at least 1 more year…so then it’s Hunt, 1.06 + 2.06 for Ekeler?

personally I’d take the Eke/1.06 side, but it feels like a slight to mid overpay. 

Another interesting deal. 

Can't imagine what $247,000 going poof must feel like.  The fact that you still play this game after that speaks volumes.  

I can't speak to $247,000 but I can speak to $175,000 going poof was AJ Green can't get a single catch in the 2nd half/OT in 2015 final Monday night game.  I think my teammate Menobrown will agree when I say the feeling was "Not great Bob"

I can't speak to $247,000 but I can speak to $175,000 going poof was AJ Green can't get a single catch in the 2nd half/OT in 2015 final Monday night game.  I think my teammate Menobrown will agree when I say the feeling was "Not great Bob"
AJG cost me money because of that too. Not $175K - nowhere close. But other than $172,500 it’s the same thing, really. 

FFPC Sharkpool League

I gave Renfrow, 2023 2nd
I got 2.06 OTC took Allgeier

Definitely Renfrow...I know I am in the minority, but I think he thrives with McDaniel and at least should remain solid...so you get him and then get the #2 back next year in what appears to be a strong draft...Allgeier is very intriguing as he has a great opportunity due to the landing spot, but he is a 5th round pick who if he went to a different team would be overlooked right now...he can be good this year due to the team's depth chart but I don't see him being anything too special long term. 

Users who are viewing this thread