What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Possible, that’s why I lead with knowing I overpaid. I just hate getting stuck with aging/diminishing assets. Very likely that Cook becomes unmovable for anything resembling Pierce after this season imo.

Absolutely could be wrong, but here we go….

Cook becomes worthless
His value will go down each season but why do you think “worthless”. I think you putting that in your head almost valued him as such in that deal. A late 1st for Pierce is maybe a bit light but it shouldn’t take Cook to close that gap.
That was hyperbole on my part, this is probably a better representation of what I feel-

“Cook becomes unmovable for anything resembling Pierce”

He won’t be worthless, but I don’t think he’ll be movable for what I got this off-season.

I overpaid for D Pierce.
Yeah
I mean I know I am, but when Cook becomes worthless later this season it’ll be like trading a 1 for Pierce.

Or just let me tell myself that. :lol:
IMO you are overvaluing Pierce and undervaluing Cook. Pierce has shown flashes this season, but has cooled off lately. Is that due to the horrid Texans' offense? Has he hit a rookie wall? Is he just a very good, but not great RB?
I don't have the answer and I wouldn't bet a late 1st and Cook to find out.

I overpaid for D Pierce.
Yeah
I mean I know I am, but when Cook becomes worthless later this season it’ll be like trading a 1 for Pierce.

I think the point is that you sold Dalvin Cook as if he wasn't part of the deal anyways so you weren't getting out on him...you just included him in the deal. A first for Pierce is fair.
You aren’t getting Pierce for a single late first in many leagues. I am seeing him ranked as high as RB10 going forward on some sites and a projected late 2nd / early 3rd ADP in startups. That’s worth considerably more than a single late 1st. The gap may not be Cook but it is still pretty sizable. (It’s not like Cook has lit it up 3 out of the last 4 games either.)

Maybe some discount him in case he gets Michael Carter’ed, but the Texans would be fools to spend a high pick on a RB given the state of their roster. I mean they are fools, but their GM at least does seem to take a more conservative approach to roster building. Seems people are letting a few bad games while the Texans are obviously in pack it in and tank mode color their opinions (they are starting Kyle Allen for pity’s sake.)

Maybe some discount him in case he gets Michael Carter’ed, but the Texans would be fools to spend a high pick on a RB given the state of their roster
There’s surely a chance that this happens even if not necessarily likely.
I’ve seen it so many time and every time beforehand all of the players’ owners thought the same thing “Team X has bigger needs than RB so Player A should be safe.”

The Texans have a lot of picks - using one on a RB isn’t really that far fetched and since Pierce himself was only a fourth round pick, it’s not even like it would need to be a first or second round pick that could cut into his workload. There’s a bunch of good backs in the class.

Last edited:
I overpaid for D Pierce.
Yeah

I think the point is that you sold Dalvin Cook as if he wasn't part of the deal anyways so you weren't getting out on him...you just included him in the deal. A first for Pierce is fair.
You aren’t getting Pierce for a single late first in many leagues. I am seeing him ranked as high as RB10 going forward on some sites and a projected late 2nd / early 3rd ADP in startups. That’s worth considerably more than a single late 1st. The gap may not be Cook but it is still pretty sizable. (It’s not like Cook has lit it up 3 out of the last 4 games either.)

Maybe some discount him in case he gets Michael Carter’ed, but the Texans would be fools to spend a high pick on a RB given the state of their roster. I mean they are fools, but their GM at least does seem to take a more conservative approach to roster building. Seems people are letting a few bad games while the Texans are obviously in pack it in and tank mode color their opinions (they are starting Kyle Allen for pity’s sake.)
I think you miss the point of my post if you are replying to me that a late first isn't enough.
At this point Pierce started off very hot and has cooled considerably. The texans offense is nothing to be excited about and with his recent decline I could see a team exiting on him for a 2023 late first. The 2023 class has been very hyped and they may like a prospect better from the 2023 class.

Maybe some discount him in case he gets Michael Carter’ed, but the Texans would be fools to spend a high pick on a RB given the state of their roster
There’s surely a chance that this happens even if not necessarily likely.
I’ve seen it so many time and every time beforehand all of the players’ owners thought the same thing “Team X has bigger needs than RB so Player A should be safe.”

The Texans have a lot of picks - using one on a RB isn’t really that far fetched and since Pierce himself was only a fourth round pick, it’s not even like it would need to be a first or second round pick that could cut into his workload. There’s a bunch of good backs in the class.
Would be very Texans for them to spend Cleveland’s 1st on Bijan. :lol:

I think most likely they draft a pass catching back in the 3rd or later to replace old man Burkhead. They don’t use Pierce much in the passing game even though he’s clearly capable.

12 tm sf ppr

had a 3-8 team that didnt compete like i thought it might.

sent CMC, claypool
got swift, javonte, kj osborn

3 or 4 real contenders and 3 or 4 tankers already so there were no 23 picks available to trade for. only had one contender interested in cmc so i took the deal

12 tm sf ppr

had a 3-8 team that didnt compete like i thought it might.

sent CMC, claypool
got swift, javonte, kj osborn

3 or 4 real contenders and 3 or 4 tankers already so there were no 23 picks available to trade for. only had one contender interested in cmc so i took the deal

I like what you did here (especially when you clarify the draft pick part)...you definitely have risk with Javonte's knee and Swift being Swift but they are both young and very talented...smart move for a rebuilding team....one small issue is I would rather have gotten something other than Osborn whether it be a lower pick or another younger player with more upside but I do understand he was probably just a throw-in.

My SuperFlex league ….

Got Skyy Moore for my ‘23rd 2nd ( will be early )

Selected at 1.08 last year. 12 targets across last 2 games. Injuries yes, but Toney already looking NY fragile, in my head it’s a measured bet that Moore will continue to grow now and is on a top 3 offence

My SuperFlex league ….

Selected at 1.08 last year. 12 targets across last 2 games. Injuries yes, but Toney already looking NY fragile, in my head it’s a measured bet that Moore will continue to grow now and is on a top 3 offence

This is a talent evaluation trade...I'm not a big fan of Moore so I would rather have the pick but if you like him, I can see why you would make it because of the situation he is in.

I’ve got this one sitting there, it’s a smash accept right ??? SuperFlex. Team A’s Got Geno Smith/Lance/Dalton/Brissett at QB

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

Team B gets Trey Lance/Javonte Williams/‘23 1st which will be around 1.04 - 1.06

Team A will still have a ‘23 1st which will be 1st or 2nd pick

I’ve got this one sitting there, it’s a smash accept right ??? SuperFlex. Team A’s Got Geno Smith/Lance/Dalton/Brissett at QB

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

Team B gets Trey Lance/Javonte Williams/‘23 1st which will be around 1.04 - 1.06

I'm bad with Superflex as I've never played ..... But I think I like it for team A. I think.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

I'm taking team B. That's a great haul for Hurts. Lance has more risk but similar upside to hurts, and it's not like Hurts has no risk. And I'm generally a Hurts fan.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

I'm taking team B. That's a great haul for Hurts. Lance has more risk but similar upside to hurts, and it's not like Hurts has no risk. And I'm generally a Hurts fan.

I’m conflicted. First superFlex league and my big mistake on start up was not prioritising QBs and have struggled ever since. There’s a shortage of top QBs in NFL just now and watching some Devy content on YouTube recently there’s a top heavy and very very limited stock of top QB talents in the pipeline for 23/24/25

Both Javonte and Lance have injury and team questions. Both could flame. Both could hit but Hurts looks like a sure fire top 5QB going forward for the next few years

My RotoUnderworld trade calculator has this as a HUGE win for the Hurts side

With Hurts in place instead of Lance, alongside Geno, it would allow me to feel less compelled to just go QB with the ‘23 1.01/2, and replace Javonte with Bijan Robinson if it fell that way

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

Hurts for me by a bunch. I could see it more evenly for a rebuild shedding points.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

Give me Hurts...Hurts is a top 5 player in SF that is a legit difference-maker...he is also only 24 and in an excellent situation...while this appears to be a big haul when you look closer I don't believe it is for what you are getting...Lance is intriguing as hell but he is also coming off a season-ending injury and has not really played in 3 years...Javonte is a very good player but he also has an ACL and by all accounts it is a very bad one so who knows what he will be when he comes back...the #1 is a legit asset but if you are obtaining a player of Hurts caliber you have to give up an asset like that and the fact the higher #1 was not given up is a big plus...so while this could turn into a nice haul for Hurts I really don't like how much room for error there is (i.e. two players coming off of major injuries)...this is a very good and shrewd move to get Hurts...I really like what you can do here.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

I’m conflicted. First superFlex league and my big mistake on start up was not prioritising QBs and have struggled ever since. There’s a shortage of top QBs in NFL just now and watching some Devy content on YouTube recently there’s a top heavy and very very limited stock of top QB talents in the pipeline for 23/24/25

Both Javonte and Lance have injury and team questions. Both could flame. Both could hit but Hurts looks like a sure fire top 5QB going forward for the next few years

With Hurts in place instead of Lance, alongside Geno, it would allow me to feel less compelled to just go QB with the ‘23 1.01/2, and replace Javonte with Bijan Robinson if it fell that way

I play SF and trust me when I say this...when you have a chance to get a Hurts/Allen/Mahomes you do it...you won't remember what you gave up a year from now.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

How is your roster at other positions? To me this is a smash accept as you said. You are trading for somebody that is a stud and giving up 3 "might be"s .

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of going QB at 1.01 or 1.02 because Geno isn't a long term answer at QB in a SF league.

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

How is your roster at other positions? To me this is a smash accept as you said. You are trading for somebody that is a stud and giving up 3 "might be"s .

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of going QB at 1.01 or 1.02 because Geno isn't a long term answer at QB in a SF league.

QB - Geno/Lance/Brissett/Trubisky

RB - Etienne/Dobbins/Javonte/Akers/Penny/Pacheco/Algieier

WR - Deebo/Pittman/Gabe Davis/Jameson Williams/Skyy Moore/Lazard/Allen Robinson/Renfrow

TE - Hurst/Bellinger/Parham/

Is the meat and potatoes of it.

Bad start to season with Lance/Dobbins/Penny/Akers all being injured/struggling. So I started shedding points to regroup for 23

Traded Kamara away for Javonte and a ‘23 3rd
Heinicke for a 3rd
Dalton for a 3rd
Thielen for Renfrow (IR)

Thinking ….

Grab the certified top 5 QB in Hurts
Geno is a top 10 QB this year and could have the job for a few more years
Will be able to draft Bijan or the top QB
Jameson and/or Skyy start progressing at WR

Then I’m moving right direction

Team A gets Jalen Hurts

Agreed...once you get QB squared away you can move forward in SF and right now Geno is playing with house $ and I would be real careful counting on him going forward...also, there is no better trade chip than an extra QB on your roster...an owner desperate at QB will almost always overpay because their options will be limited.

My SuperFlex league ….

I think that's a good trade for you. Chiefs won't stand pat but at this point I think they only have 4 WR's under contract next season. MVS, Moore, Toney and Justin Watson and easy to see them jettisoning MVS whose contract was always designed for an early out option.

12 team PPR. 1 QB league.

Gave: Pacheco
Received: 2023 1st (likely 1.12), Kmet

That one’s going to have answers all over the place, but you’ve presumably turned a 4th/5th/FA pickup into a 1st and Kmet in a rookie draft thats main strength is depth at the RB position. Pacheco’s ceiling is tantalising but with a low certainty of it being reached.

Beyond Bijan and Gibbs, I’m liking the batch of RBs that follow - Miller/Evans/Tucker/Corum, with a good landing spot for any of them they could all be very solid.

At 1.12 it’s a distinct possibility 1 or 2 of them are there.

That one’s going to have answers all over the place, but you’ve presumably turned a 4th/5th/FA pickup into a 1st and Kmet in a rookie draft thats main strength is depth at the RB position. Pacheco’s ceiling is tantalising but with a low certainty of it being reached.

Beyond Bijan and Gibbs, I’m liking the batch of RBs that follow - Miller/Evans/Tucker/Corum, with a good landing spot for any of them they could all be very solid.

At 1.12 it’s a distinct possibility 1 or 2 of them are there.
Before I accepted I looked at some early rankings and saw corum and Mayer around that 1.12. It’s very early but I would be happy with Mayer there. Not sure right now what I think of corum.

I'll echo those who really like this deal for you as it's hard to see Pachecho surviving the combo of deep draft class and possible epic FA class and not come out with his value damaged. Especially for a front office which is aggressive, just seems hard to see a scenario Pacheco is not on a team with better RB's then CEH, ROJO and old McKinnon next year and it's not like he's been a smash start with that as his comp.

Kmet was a nice free throw in.

12 team Best Ball PPR Happened last week. I am on the bubble to make the playoffs. Mckissic, Gordan, and Burkhead had left my RB corps depleted. Figured I needed to do something or I would be a sitting duck in the playoffs. After a few go arounds.

Got L. Murray, C. Patterson
Gave 23 2nd, 23 3rd, and Cade York

Hopefully I make the playoffs and have a punchers chance. If not, I should be a favorite in the toilet bowl. Winner gets an added 13th pick, second gets the 26th pick. So hopefully I can get one of my picks back if I miss the playoffs.

12 team 0.5ppr Superflex

gave
2023 1st
2024 2nd

got
Travis Kelce
----
Earlier in the season I had traded for Ertz to try to patch up TE. Obviously that didn't work out, so I worked a deal with the Kelce owner as he dropped out of contention. Gives me a lineup of:

L. Jackson (Huntley/Mac Jones)
Herbert
Barkley
A. Jones
AJ Brown
Waddle
Metcalf
Flex options-Pollard, J. Wilson, K. Allen
Kelce
Along with solid+ defenders.

Start 1QB 0.5ppr league I’ve got a team that has challenged for a few years now. Deep but aging RB corps - Elliot/Kamara/Monty/Gus/Jamaal/Latavius

Great at WR - Jefferson/Kupp/Cooper/Gabe

‘23 rookies strong at RB, season fallen flat so trying a quick re-tool instead of full rebuild

Traded Zeke Elliot for ‘23 2nd and ‘24 2nd

Guy contending but not one of the major favourites so with a little luck maybe the 2.07-2.09

12 team ppr

Mixon/23 late 1st for Olave/23 late 2
That's horrible. I'd rather have Mixon alone than Olave alone.
I’d rather have the Olave side of the deal.
Disclaimer: Our league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FX, so RB's are far more important than WR's. Granted, I would love to have Olave, but a good not-quite-old RB is a primo asset in this league.
My league starts the same and I understand your point about RB importance, I was just never a Mixon believer. And seeing what Perine has done the last 3 weeks I just wonder how valuable Mixon really is.

12 team ppr

Disclaimer: Our league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FX, so RB's are far more important than WR's. Granted, I would love to have Olave, but a good not-quite-old RB is a primo asset in this league.
My league starts the same and I understand your point about RB importance, I was just never a Mixon believer. And seeing what Perine has done the last 3 weeks I just wonder how valuable Mixon really is.
Fair point. I hate how frequently he plods into the line for 0.5 yards. But yeah, the Perine thing, I might have thought the same, except that Perine has already looked great, to my recollection, whenever the Bengals have needed or chosen to look his way the last 2 years. And it hasn't affected usage before, so why now? Though, it has been an exceptionally good couple of weeks for him, so who knows.

12 team ppr

Fair point. I hate how frequently he plods into the line for 0.5 yards. But yeah, the Perine thing, I might have thought the same, except that Perine has already looked great, to my recollection, whenever the Bengals have needed or chosen to look his way the last 2 years. And it hasn't affected usage before, so why now? Though, it has been an exceptionally good couple of weeks for him, so who knows.
A little more context. First, its start 3 WR PPR. This was my trade. I got Olave.

This is probably "a year too early" trade. The cliff comes quickly and Mixon will be 27 next season.

With the strong RB class upcoming, I think the value of all the older RBs are going to take a hit and the "get out" value is going to drop. Mixon could easily drop three or four spots just with the addition of rookies. I love Olave. He looks legit with Andy Dalton at QB. It can't get worse. I think he's a top 10 WR dynasty asset and is about to see his value spike when they figure out their QB situation (Garoppolo maybe?). In this case I fully agree that I paid too much, but am willing to eat the risk.

Further, I SHOULD be a contender with this team. I'm currently 2nd in overall points, but will miss the playoffs. I still have two 1st (one high). So, I should have opportunity for a young replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread