What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

I know when we draft we're throwing darts in the hopes of landing someone that surprises us with fantasy value, but we want to avoid roster cloggers wherever possible. I think most of those come from the WR and TE position. With RBs, we don't have any issue of dropping a dart throw when they don't work out, but hesitate on those lower tiered WRs. With TEs, a lot of fantasy players don't have enough patience for them to develop. Just my observation.
Most of the time that’s true. Most of us just expect to wait a bit on TE and WR - less on WR lately.
I have entirely too many rooster cloggers like Hines and Everett who I don’t want to drop but really can.

Gonna look like I'm justifying my trade, when I don't need or care to. But just to show you part of my thought process on actively trying to acquire Jeudy (aside from freakish natural ability)

Wide Receiver leaders in YAC/REC in 22 via @FTNFantasy (min 50 receptions):

Deebo Samuel-8.8
Jaylen Waddle-6.8
A.J. Brown-6.2
Juju Smith-Schuster-6.0
Jerry Jeudy-5.9
Cooper Kupp-5.6
DeVonta Smith-5.2
Amon-Ra St. Brown-5.1

Decent company.

got: jeudy / gave: 2024 1st. regular ol' PPR

got one of my fave all-time college prospects who showed what's up to close out last year's season.... happy it got accepted.

(just to clarify, i expect my 1st will be a mid/late in 2024)
Fair trade. I don't like giving up my future firsts but would sure not let him go for any less then this. He's just turned 24 and was playing at the end of the season like the guy any of us who believed him hoped he would.

got one of my fave all-time college prospects who showed what's up to close out last year's season.... happy it got accepted.

Fair trade. I don't like giving up my future firsts but would sure not let him go for any less then this. He's just turned 24 and was playing at the end of the season like the guy any of us who believed him hoped he would.

Agree with a lot of this but would add I have zero issues doing the deal for a 2023 1st but would not do it for a 2024 1st...while I like him I don't think he is worth the risk of having "one of those years" and then not having your #1...way too much downside for a player entering year 4 who still has a lot of questions.

Agree with a lot of this but would add I have zero issues doing the deal for a 2023 1st but would not do it for a 2024 1st...while I like him I don't think he is worth the risk of having "one of those years" and then not having your #1...way too much downside for a player entering year 4 who still has a lot of questions.

get it completely. but im taking the risk. flip side he has "one of those years" and he's untouchable. and im counting on that (or something close to it).
the way he ended last szn make me giggle w delight

I personally don't have a lot of questions about him and certainly not more then I'd have about an unknown rookie.

Like I referenced earlier I don't like giving up future firsts. But if he was in the 2023 draft he'd be my 4th ranked player in single PPR leagues and not a slam dunk that he's not #3, would have to legit mull him or JSN as WR1.

get it completely. but im taking the risk. flip side he has "one of those years" and he's untouchable. and im counting on that (or something close to it).

If that is how you feel about him than the deal makes a ton of sense...I am all about looking at upside/downside with players and not simply going best case scenario...the upside of Jeudy is very easy to see and it flashed in a big way last year and I don't think anyone would be surprised to see him go to the next level...the downside is he is entering year 4 has never had a 1,000 yard season, has 9 career TDs, has a potential train wreck as a QB and has been the subject of trade rumors since Payton was hired as well as entering year 4 of his contract so whether he stays in Denver long-term or is on a new team as early as next season (which could be a positive or a negative) is still an unknown...again, if you feel that strongly about him than I don't have an issue with what you did but for me he's just not the type of player I am willing to risk a future #1 on because I just feel there is still too much downside with him.

While his value would rise, Jeudy strikes me as a guy who even if he was top 3 with like 330 points, he wouldn't rise to 1st round startup level, maybe not even 2nd.

While his value would rise, Jeudy strikes me as a guy who even if he was top 3 with like 330 points, he wouldn't rise to 1st round startup level, maybe not even 2nd.

my hope for jeudy is consistent WR2 production with that obvious WR1 upside (which he 100% has, imo)

Why though? If he were a top 3 for 2023, with the improved coaching staff and presumably Wilson bouncing back, he’s 25 next year. He might not be a top 12 pick in every league with that, but probably should be.
Even if he isn’t, rookie first << startup first 🤷

Why though? If he were a top 3 for 2023, with the improved coaching staff and presumably Wilson bouncing back, he’s 25 next year. He might not be a top 12 pick in every league with that, but probably should be.
People just don't like him. It's like his name recognition is the opposite of some other guys who get a bump in value on name.

People just don't like him. It's like his name recognition is the opposite of some other guys who get a bump in value on name.

I get it. Which is so crazy, cuz he was an uber stud outta college. Humble kid too. But name recognition never makes me giddy... I just want some consistent production and hoping he gives it to me.

i don’t think that equation is the correct way to look at it…it is not simply a pick in the 2024 draft but rather how you use the asset whether it is using the pick in the draft…using it to move around in the 2024 draft or using it to obtain a player other than Jeudy…or waiting till you are in-season and seeing how your team looks than using it to improve and get closer to a championship.

Last edited:

I agree plus I can't say I care. I don't really acquire players on the premise of how the rest of my league will value the player in the future, mainly just on what I think the player can do for my team.

12 tm, bestball, superflex, ppr

Gave: Ridley, Van Jefferson
Got: 1.11
--------------------
I'm out on Ridley at this price. Van Jefferson is good depth in bestball, but nothing special.

12 tm, bestball, superflex, ppr

Gave: Ridley, Van Jefferson
Got: 1.11
--------------------
I'm out on Ridley at this price. Van Jefferson is good depth in bestball, but nothing special.
I’d happily sell Ridley for 1.11 if I had him, and there was a target on the board I wanted.

I’d also happily buy Ridley at this price if I were a contender and needed a WR, as he’s likely better than any WR on the board at 11.

Fair

Start-up dynasty SF PPR IDP

I gave: 3.16+8.01+2024 1st+2024 2nd
I received: 1.15+25.13

With 5 picks to go, I have 6 targets. I wasn’t having luck moving into the 2nd spending this 2024 1st, so the offer on the board waiting for me looked a lot stronger.

I’m hopeful Dak or (gulp) Daniel Jones falls, but it might be Lamb, ABJ, Watson, or Bijan

It was a little more than I wanted to pay.
Same league.

I gave: 2.16, 2024 3rd+2025 1st+2025 2nd
I rec’d: pick 2.04 (AJ Brown)

Had AJB a couple tiers higher than anyone else on the board, and I was planning on WR with the 2.16

I don’t know who’ll be there at 2.16, but I know ABJ is a much better.

Gives me a start of Mahomes, Lamb, AJB

Last edited:
Same league as above (12 tm, bestball, superflex, ppr)

Gave: Fields, 1.12
Got: ARich, 2.08
-------------------------
The Fields side got more value. I got my guy. I wanted ARich and overpaid to make it happen.

The Fields side got more value. I got my guy. I wanted ARich and overpaid to make it happen.

I think you answered this yourself...if you want AR15 in SF and don't have a high pick you are probably gonna have to overpay and you definitely paid a lot...I have zero issues with what you did if you want him that bad and are willing to take the risk.

Respect going for your guy. But I have Fields worth more - the picks are on the wrong side.

And maybe still a bit far apart for my taste.

But ya got your dude.

I don't really acquire players on the premise of how the rest of my league will value the player in the future,
I have found that when you make a trade with the intention of moving that player later it never turns out as good as you thought it would when you first conceived the idea. Same goes for drafting someone with the intention of trading them. Other owners are smart enough usually to see what your intent is and never cooperate.

I don't really acquire players on the premise of how the rest of my league will value the player in the future,
I have found that when you make a trade with the intention of moving that player later it never turns out as good as you thought it would when you first conceived the idea. Same goes for drafting someone with the intention of trading them. Other owners are smart enough usually to see what your intent is and never cooperate.
This is true.

That said, I think start-up drafts are a little different, especially SF, and large league.

With 28-32 picks between picks, teams near the turn might miss several tiers at several positions.

I’m not saying to draft just to trade. Always draft for value on the board especially in the early rounds. But I might still try to deal that player later in the draft to a team that whiffed on a position due to draft slotting.

Overall though I agree - drafting to deal a guy almost never works out. Dude who picked Dak in my startup apparently did that. Put him OTB, sent out offers, & no takers.

12 team SF PPR, no TEP. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF
Startup draft (27 rounds) upcoming this summer. Team 1 below is the same team in every deal.

Team 1 gave 1.06, 4.07, 6.07 + 25% FAAB
Team 2 gave 1.01, 4.12, 6.12
Moved up from Lamar/JJettas to Mahomes, at the cost of sliding back 5 spots in the 4th and the 6th and some worthless faab. 1.01 guy should have asked for more.

Team 1 gave 10.07 + 2024 1st
Team 3 gave 4.10
Moved up from the 10th to the 4th for his 2024 1st. I was in the middle of productive talks with Team 1 to do a similar deal with me giving up a 6th when Team 3 agreed to this.

Team 1 gave 9.06 + 2024 2nd
Team 4 gave 7.08
Move up two rounds for a 2nd, ok.

Team 1 gave 11.06 + 2024 3rd
Team 5 gave 9.09
At this point might as well sell all 2024 picks for as much as you can.

Startup Draft - 12 team SF PPR, TEP Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3 Flex, 1SF

(not involved)

Team A
3.05, 5.05, 24 1st

Team B

Somewhat to that point: In an FFPC superflex best ball draft, I was on the clock at 1.11. No one wanted the pick. I'm not high on Charbonnet, but he was the best player available, so I took him, hoping I would have more luck trading him than I did trading the pick. Ended up doing this:

Gave: Charbonnet, '24 R3 (my own, likely the 3.01)
Got: David Montgomery, '24 R2 (my own, likely the 2.01)

The other team had my '24 R2 pick, which I desperately wanted back, because this is a best-ball league and my team is a strong contender for the 1.01. I figured I could flip Montgomery. I offered him for a '24 R2 to every other team in the league that had a second-rounder. I ended up trading him for what's sure to be a late 2nd. Net results:

Drafted Charbonnet at 1.11.
Traded Charbonnet and R3 (likely 3.01) for R2 (likely 2.01) and R2 (likely 2.11).

I probably took a slight net loss, but it wasn't a total disaster.

(not involved)

Team A
3.05, 5.05, 24 1st

Team B
I assume he's going Jefferson. I've never done a startup, but that seems like a pretty good investment to get Jefferson.

In a superflex he's likely going for Mahomes at 1.01, and if I'm trading down from the 1.01 in a superflex startup, the minimum I'm settling for is the other team's first-round startup and first-round rookie pick, plus extra. This seems way light to me. In FFPC Triflex, which has a similar starting lineup/scoring to this, the 3.05 is the QB16, and the 5.05 is the WR21 or RB12.

16 team IDP 1.5 TE PPR 1 QB

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

This is a questionable trade there are some good players still on the board but my team lacks WR depth and with questionable QB situation and Godwin is no spring chicken anymore.

16 team startup SF PPR IDP TE-P

I gave: 4.01 + 13.16 + 2024 6th
I rec’d: 3.14 OTC + 16.04

There were 3 picks to go, and three players left before a pretty sizable tier drop at running back, and my wide receiver target in Drake London had just been picked by a team building for 2024.

London was my fallback option if I missed the two running backs I wanted, so I was stuck with two players I really wanted and 3 picks to go.

I took: Rhamondre Stevenson

Last edited:

(not involved)

Team A
3.05, 5.05, 24 1st

Team B

Really light for the 1.01. I would look to trade out of the pick as well, but I would have taken his 2.08 and 5.05 and a bump in a later round. Like move up from round 11 to round 9.

16 team IDP 1.5 TE PPR 1 QB

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

This is a questionable trade there are some good players still on the board but my team lacks WR depth and with questionable QB situation and Godwin is no spring chicken anymore.

Godwin easily. He is only 27 and if he can learn to stay healthy he could be a very nice wr2 for 4 to 6 years with his game in ppr.

There were 3 picks to go, and three players left before a pretty sizable tier drop at running back, and my wide receiver target in Drake London had just been picked by a team building for 2024.

London was my fallback option if I missed the two running backs I wanted, so I was stuck with two players I really wanted and 3 picks to go.

Seems pretty low cost to get your guy.

Seems pretty low cost to get your guy.
That was my feeling as well

Users who are viewing this thread