What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

I know this post will get little traction because of the complexity of the league but...

16 team, ppr, pp 1st down, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1(no qb)flex 1k 2dt 2 de 2lb 2cb 2s 1def flex, contract years/cap

I received -
Cap hits (enough for 4 minimum players, less than 5% of max cap)
Brandon McManus K (fa) 2 yrs, league minimum cap hit
Bryce Callahan CB (fa) 1 yr, league minimum cap hit
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr
I'll take a stab at this:

So you gave up a nice asset (Samuel), a negligible asset (Eliiot), and a linebacker who has some value this year maybe for...

An asset that can only be obtained via trading (cap hits), AND players that can use that cap hit who have no value other than their ability to use that cap hit AND cover a starting roster slot, plus a dice roll (1.11).

That said, I'd guess you're a contending team with cap issues and a bunch of WRs that are better than Samuel, and you took what you could get.
What would you say Deebo is worth straight up picks wise?
Not as much as you want. He is a hold.
Would you take 1.11 in a 16 team league? Minus all the other noise?
I might trade him for the 1.09 in a normal dynasty draft, depending what's available, but the makeup of my team comes into play. I probably wouldn't even do that until the draft has already started. Like I said, it depends what's available at the 1.9.

You didn't ask me, but he's probably worth anywhere from the 1.05-1.07. But that's all league-dependent. Sixteen team-leagues might be different, but that would seem to make holding an established guy even more important.
Going into this I had a solid tier break after pick 11, so that definitely factored into my decision.
Another thing is that a rookie gets an automatic 3 year contract at a fixed rate with the option to extend to 5, while deebo is on his final year and at a high cost. So basically what I'd feel like is worth 7-9th pick value in a traditional league gets bungled by those type of factors.

I know this post will get little traction because of the complexity of the league but...

16 team, ppr, pp 1st down, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1(no qb)flex 1k 2dt 2 de 2lb 2cb 2s 1def flex, contract years/cap

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

So you gave up a nice asset (Samuel), a negligible asset (Eliiot), and a linebacker who has some value this year maybe for...

An asset that can only be obtained via trading (cap hits), AND players that can use that cap hit who have no value other than their ability to use that cap hit AND cover a starting roster slot, plus a dice roll (1.11).

That said, I'd guess you're a contending team with cap issues and a bunch of WRs that are better than Samuel, and you took what you could get.
As Rockaction noted, Deebo is somewhere in the 1.05 - 1.07 range. PeakedInHighSchool has him at 1.06. Going by that, I'd still guess the trade could work out well for you, if this improves your team.

What I don't know, and it's important, is the implications of contract years/cap on his value. If you can't resign him next year, then you traded away a one year rental for a rookie who will presumably have a 4 year contract at a reasonable price. That changes things entirely.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

As Rockaction noted, Deebo is somewhere in the 1.05 - 1.07 range. PeakedInHighSchool has him at 1.06. Going by that, I'd still guess the trade could work out well for you, if this improves your team.

What I don't know, and it's important, is the implications of contract years/cap on his value. If you can't resign him next year, then you traded away a one year rental for a rookie who will presumably have a 4 year contract at a reasonable price. That changes things entirely.
I could have resigned him next year, but his cap hit would have jumped to somewhere between 15-20% of my total cap. The longer the contract the bigger the hit. As he is right now he's hovering just south of 10% of total cap amount, which I think it's a fair value for him.

FFPC Pro v Joe SF BB

Repeat lg winner trades Allen, Josh

To Pro for

Goff, Jared
Ridley, Calvin
Robinson, Bijan
Sneaky shark move, depending on League Winner's QB pool. Hear me out. There's likely an 8PPG and 18 months age difference between Allen and Goff. IMO, the hits that Allen takes will limit his longevity. Bijan, right now, is worth at least 2 1sts and if he hits 80% of his hype, he'll be a league winner. I'm higher on Ridley than most on here and think he'll post high end WR2 numbers on a consistent basis. All that to say, the differential between Allen and Goff is made up in spades by Bijan and Ridley.

DEVY 12 Team PPR. -

Not hating on Gibbs and Adams here, but I'll take the Chase side all day every day.

Yeah, I don’t get the logic. Adams is getting long in the tooth age-wise, even if Gibbs hits, Adams may be done by then. It’s an okay return but given the universal love for Chase, I would think you could do better.

DEVY 12 Team PPR. -

Not hating on Gibbs and Adams here, but I'll take the Chase side all day every day.

Yeah, I don’t get the logic. Adams is getting long in the tooth age-wise, even if Gibbs hits, Adams may be done by then. It’s an okay return but given the universal love for Chase, I would think you could do better.
I'm the one that traded for Chase

In a PPR 12 team NON-TE Prem DEVY league (can draft rookies or underclassman) traded Kelce (33 years old) and Aaron Jones (28 years old) for Cam Akers (23 years old) and probably a mid 2024 1st round pick? Keeping in mind we can draft college underclassman and regular rookies.

It was hard for me to trade Kelce given how scarce the position is. Got to do it sometime, so why not now? Better a year too early than a year too late. I think Kelce will be viable for more than one year, but maybe not the Kelce we think?

Last edited:
FFPC Pro v Joe SF BB

Repeat lg winner trades Allen, Josh

To Pro for

Goff, Jared
Ridley, Calvin
Robinson, Bijan
That is an interesting trade. I like getting Bijan but I think this is Josh Allen easily. Depends on what his other QBs are as I wouldn't want to be going for a 3-peat and relying on Goff. I am high on Ridley but it feels like him or Goff should be a higher quality player at their position or a high pick needs to be included.

In a PPR 12 team NON-TE Prem DEVY league (can draft rookies or underclassman) traded Kelce (33 years old) and Aaron Jones (28 years old) for Cam Akers (23 years old) and probably a mid 2024 1st round pick? Keeping in mind we can draft college underclassman and regular rookies.

It was hard for me to trade Kelce given how scarce the position is. Got to do it sometime, so why not now? Better a year too early than a year too late. I think Kelce will be viable for more than one year, but maybe not the Kelce we think?
I'd be ok moving Kelce for the right move but not sure this is it. I don't like Akers much so the only reason that is an upgrade to Jones is age. Kelce is worth more than a 24 mid 1st to me but I'm competing and it would take more than that for me. Like maybe if I thought the pick could be a top couple pick and get me Marvin Harrison Jr. or Caleb Williams.

DEVY 12 Team PPR. -

This is Chase by a mile. Adams just too old even though I love him as a player. Jimmy not a real long term answer at QB. I do think Gibbs went over drafted in the real NFL and isn't even quite 200 lbs. I do like his upside but not on the Chase level at all. Easy win there.

I'd be ok moving Kelce for the right move but not sure this is it. I don't like Akers much so the only reason that is an upgrade to Jones is age. Kelce is worth more than a 24 mid 1st to me but I'm competing and it would take more than that for me. Like maybe if I thought the pick could be a top couple pick and get me Marvin Harrison Jr. or Caleb Williams.
DEVY is a whole different animal. Even 3rd round picks are more valuable than your standard dynasty leagues because we can draft 15 underclassman and that usually extends into the 3rd round. So a mid-1st in DEVY is a lot more valuable than a 1st in a standard dynasty league. While lots of major rookies will already be on a roster, there are always top underclassman available. Plus, because people are drafting underclassman, better regular rookies fall further. As for Akers, he really started coming on late last year and he's 23, so moving off of Jones for that is a good thing. I can be a contender, so moving Kelce will hurt, but I think the in the long run I'm better off doing it for what I got. I could be wrong and most here have the dynasty or redraft mindset, not the DEVY mindset.

DEVY 12 Team PPR. -

I'm the one that traded for Chase
:hifive:

JohnnyU, your Chase trade was great. I love it for you. Your Kelce trade, not so much. At least that's my opinion. I'd be really scared of the McVay/Akers dynamic. Just last year, Akers was pretty much on the bench and on his way out of town. The Rams just took Zach Evans and have Tiyon Evans waiting in the wings.

I think you robbed somebody in the Chase deal, but I think you could have gotten at least another player in the Kelce deal. Like a really good one.

At the end of the day, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Are you contending in that league? Unless you've got a top 5 TE backing up Kelce, I'd be really hesitant to do this as a contender. Kelce falls into that "ride until the wheels come off" zone right now where his trade value is so much less than his production value for the next couple years. I think it's light either way, but I don't know Devy enough to say with certainty.

Made one of my good-for-at-least-one big deals of the offseason earlier

14 Team Devy Dynasty Superflex TE Premium PPR - ....yeah
Start 22 (QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 5 Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 5 IDP Flex)

I gave : 2023.01.13, 2023 9th round, AJ Brown, Alvin Kamara, Mac Jones, Jamal Adams
I got : 2023 5th round, Ja'Marr Chase, Dameon Pierce

Thoughts:
He's a new owner picking up an orphan team with zero QB. Mac was my third QB after a surprise Geno uptick last year. Yeah leaves my potentially vulnerable there, but Mac isn't the difference in winning and losing a 14 team SF league in my opinion. My RBs were getting older too and Kamara is already in legal trouble. I basically came in 2nd last year without Adams and while I got AJ Brown for the stretch and like him, Chase is too tempting.

To me, I see it mostly as AJ + 1 = Chase, Kamara + Mac = Pierce, so it leaves it mostly Adams + 9th for 5th. We almost did it without the 9th and 5th picks, but squeezed a little more out of it and now I feel really good about it.

DEVY is a whole different animal. Even 3rd round picks are more valuable than your standard dynasty leagues because we can draft 15 underclassman and that usually extends into the 3rd round. So a mid-1st in DEVY is a lot more valuable than a 1st in a standard dynasty league. While lots of major rookies will already be on a roster, there are always top underclassman available. Plus, because people are drafting underclassman, better regular rookies fall further. As for Akers, he really started coming on late last year and he's 23, so moving off of Jones for that is a good thing. I can be a contender, so moving Kelce will hurt, but I think the in the long run I'm better off doing it for what I got. I could be wrong and most here have the dynasty or redraft mindset, not the DEVY mindset.

I’m genuinely curious but why does DEVY always get capitalized? Is it an acronym for something?

In context I think the Kelce trade is fine but I’d have a real hard time dealing him if I thought I was a contender. Probably wouldn’t.

DEVY 12 Team PPR. -

I can see a lot of logic behind it, without getting to lengthy I think the Gibbs/Adams duo can do more for some teams over the next 1-2 years, especially a team that feels it's RB away from being in the mix. I'd rather have Chase myself, but a lot of people will get aggressive to win now or play things out in a 3 year window and this might be a good move for those time frames.

Std. scoring, 1 QB, non-PPR

Team A gets: D.London, 3.03, 2026 3rd
Team B gets: S.Diggs, 4.10, 2026 4th

Team B (R.Stevenson owner) gets: J.Robinson, Z.Jones, 1.07
Team Z (1.1 owner) gets: J.Waddle, T.Allgeier

First trade seems fair and team dependent.

Second trade. Yikes. Seems like there’s a high pick missing from the team getting Waddle.

Last edited:

I’m genuinely curious but why does DEVY always get capitalized? Is it an acronym for something?

In context I think the Kelce trade is fine but I’d have a real hard time dealing him if I thought I was a contender. Probably wouldn’t.

I always thought that was just Johnny's emphasizing to make the context clear. :shrug:

Second trade. Yikes. Seems like there’s a high pick missing from the Stevenson owner.

Yeah, I've been hesitant to post that trade because I'm Team Z. Pretty excited about it.

12 team - SF - TEP

Traded: Chris Olave, Tyjae Spears

Received: Tee Higgins

TLDR: Tee is my #5 ranked WR in Dynasty.

This was the same league where I traded away Chase for a package that included Fields and CMC. I’ve been wanting to get Tee (this offer came to me) as I’m a big believer in his talent and, just as importantly, his situation. Only behind JJ, Chase, AJ, and CD in my rankings. I have no doubt that Cincinnati will lock him up long term and with Mixon soon out of the picture I see them relying even more on the passing game going forward. Olave is around WR 12 for me but with him being only a year and a half younger than Tee and tied to the more uncertain situation in New Orleans I was more than happy to send him along with Spears to help bridge that gap.

Second trade. Yikes. Seems like there’s a high pick missing from the team getting Waddle.
Very cheap for just Waddle alone, imo.
I’m not a believer in Zay Jones and see no value in Robinson. Some of that could be just me.

12 team - SF - TEP

This was the same league where I traded away Chase for a package that included Fields and CMC. I’ve been wanting to get Tee (this offer came to me) as I’m a big believer in his talent and, just as importantly, his situation. Only behind JJ, Chase, AJ, and CD in my rankings. I have no doubt that Cincinnati will lock him up long term and with Mixon soon out of the picture I see them relying even more on the passing game going forward. Olave is around WR 12 for me but with him being only a year and a half younger than Tee and tied to the more uncertain situation in New Orleans I was more than happy to send him along with Spears to help bridge that gap.

I really don't have an issue with either side...if you are all in on Higgins I understand that side of the deal but I think it is very easy to make a case Olave will be at least as good or maybe better in fantasy than him and getting Spears as well could really work out nicely.

Guy with only Rodgers and Davis Mills at QB, just traded 2.05 for Alec Pierce, with both Young and Stroud still on the board. I messaged him about trading that pick but apparently he was already in the process of giving it up cheap.

12 team - SF - TEP

Solid move at a reasonable price based on your rankings. I’m always looking to make lateral type moves like this if it gets me the guy I really like. Nice job.

Got a startup deal done just now. Seems pretty even to me but anyone want to provide a sanity check? FFPC Triflex

2023 7.01
2023 8.01
2023 10.01
2023 11.01
2024 R5
2023 4.04
2023 5.09
2023 15.09
2024 R2

I’m genuinely curious but why does DEVY always get capitalized?
It does also trigger my OCD, yes

A couple of recent trades for an orphan I took over

12 tm, superflex, ppr, bestball (start 11)

Gave: Fields
Got: D. Watson

Fields rushing upside might make me regret this. I'm a sucker for locking in actual franchise QB's. Fields is anything but a lock. The jury is still out there on whether or not he'll stick in the league.
--------------------------------
Gave: Treylon Burks
Got: 2.03, 3.03, 4.09

I'm not on the Burks train and would rather have a player like Kendre Miller/Mims or trade up to acquire Zay Flowers. The extra dart throws are also nice. It's a bit light, but no one in the league showed much interest in Burks.

16 teamer. Just moved Calvin Ridley and a 2024 3rd for a 2024 1st. Could be a nice pick since I doubt he makes the playoffs. Has a decent team but in a tough division and only 6 teams make it. Like Ridley a lot but he was my WR 4/5 and I didn’t really need him.
I've been moving Ridley where I own him for late 1st's/'24 1st's too. He might storm back. But he's old, carries baggage, and isn't guaranteed anything. Selling into the hype seems safe. We can always use these draft picks to acquire similar talent.

12 TM PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Fl (RB, WR, TE)

Gave: Jacobs, London & Deebo
Got: Jefferson, 2.11, 3.11 & 2023 3rd

Projected lineup
Hebert
Taylor, Bijan
Jefferson, Lamb, DK
Fl: 1 of Jeudy, Dobbins, Diontae
Made another trade in this league. Tried to get Chase from a different manager, but wasn't happening, so pivoted to Waddle.

Gave: Diontae Johnson, 2024 1st & 2nd
Got: Waddle

Projected lineup
Hebert
Taylor, Bijan
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle
Andrews
Fl: 1 of DK, Jeudy or Dobbins

A couple of recent trades for an orphan I took over

12 tm, superflex, ppr, bestball (start 11)

Gave: Fields
Got: D. Watson

Fields rushing upside might make me regret this. I'm a sucker for locking in actual franchise QB's. Fields is anything but a lock. The jury is still out there on whether or not he'll stick in the league.
--------------------------------
Gave: Treylon Burks
Got: 2.03, 3.03, 4.09

I'm not on the Burks train and would rather have a player like Kendre Miller/Mims or trade up to acquire Zay Flowers. The extra dart throws are also nice. It's a bit light, but no one in the league showed much interest in Burks.
I hate to be that guy but I really really really don't like the fields for Watson move. Even if you think they're equal the concensus is that Fields is worth much more than Watson, and you should have been able to get at least a late 1st round pick along with Watson. You sold super low for a player who was terrible last year and hadn't played two years previous for an up and coming young star.

12 TM PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Fl (RB, WR, TE)

Gave: Jacobs, London & Deebo
Got: Jefferson, 2.11, 3.11 & 2023 3rd

Projected lineup
Hebert
Taylor, Bijan
Jefferson, Lamb, DK
Fl: 1 of Jeudy, Dobbins, Diontae
Made another trade in this league. Tried to get Chase from a different manager, but wasn't happening, so pivoted to Waddle.

Gave: Diontae Johnson, 2024 1st & 2nd
Got: Waddle

Projected lineup
Hebert
Taylor, Bijan
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle
Andrews
Fl: 1 of DK, Jeudy or Dobbins
That is cruel!! Looks like an 8 team lineup!!
Nice move! Fair trade

I always thought that was just Johnny's emphasizing to make the context clear. :shrug:
Yes, I capitalize to clearly identify a DEVY league, since it’s not common here.

12 TM PPR QB, RB, 3WR, TE, F2 (RB/WR/TE)

Gave: D Watson, Okonkwo, 2024 1st (hopefully very late)
Got: J Hurts, 2024 3rd (likely mid)

Maybe a slight overpay - hoped to get a 2nd back instead of the 3rd, but QB was my weakest spot

Projected lineup:

QB Hurts
RB Barkley
WR Lamb
WR Moore
WR Lockett/Ridley
TE Kelce
FL Goedert
FL AJones/Sanders

Maybe a slight overpay - hoped to get a 2nd back instead of the 3rd, but QB was my weakest spot

Projected lineup:

QB Hurts
RB Barkley
WR Lamb
WR Moore
WR Lockett/Ridley
TE Kelce
FL Goedert
FL AJones/Sanders

I'm willing to pay more for a QB than most around here, so I think that's a good deal.

Projected lineup:

QB Hurts
RB Barkley
WR Lamb
WR Moore
WR Lockett/Ridley
TE Kelce
FL Goedert
FL AJones/Sanders
I gave up 3 1st round picks for Mahomes so I would say you didn't overpay at all.

Users who are viewing this thread