What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Heavy Music Thread - No banal, anodyne "Dad Rock" BS here.. (3 Viewers)

AC/DC

Def Leppard

Motley Crue
Yes, across the board, but they're all borderline. The hair bands are all metal, but a different subgenre than the Slayers of the world. AC/DC is really just a very loud rock band, but their subject matter and attitude pushes them into the metal category.
See. That's where you lost me.AC/DC, I understand. If Leppard is metal, Zeppelin is metal. You can't tell me Whole Lotta Love isn't metal and Photograph is. I'm just not buying it. Same thing with the Crue.
Zeppelin may be harder hitting than Leppard or the Crue, but that doesn't mean they're metal. The latter two bands were both the lamest kind of metal, but they're still easy to classify, while Zeppelin played all different kinds of music and had a great many decidely non-metal characteristics.

AC/DC

Def Leppard

Motley Crue
Yes, across the board, but they're all borderline. The hair bands are all metal, but a different subgenre than the Slayers of the world. AC/DC is really just a very loud rock band, but their subject matter and attitude pushes them into the metal category.
Interesting. I would say no, no, yes.

To sum this up, your saying Winger is metal, but Blue Oyster Cult is not??

Blue Oyster Cult--The Metal Years.

Great album, pick it up. You'll understand...

AC/DC

Def Leppard

Motley Crue
AC/DC and Def Leppard are borderline.

To sum this up, your saying Winger is metal, but Blue Oyster Cult is not??

Blue Oyster Cult--The Metal Years.

Great album, pick it up. You'll understand...
I've heard it a million times. I understand perfectly. BOC is a rock band. Winger was a cheese-metal band. BOC is a thousand times better, but it doesn't make them metal.Metal is a genre of music, not a badge of honor.

AC/DC

Def Leppard

Motley Crue
AC/DC and Def Leppard are borderline.
If Mr. Big is a "yes" there is no "borderline" about AC/DC...

Godsmack

NIN
Yes.NIN - no, with the exception of the "Broken" EP and a few tunes on "Downward Spiral" - they're kind of on the fringe. Ministry is also like this, but I would say they have enough metal in them to be a yes. Same with Rammstein and KMFDM.

Godsmack

NIN
Yes.NIN - no, with the exception of the "Broken" EP and a few tunes on "Downward Spiral" - they're kind of on the fringe. Ministry is also like this, but I would say they have enough metal in them to be a yes. Same with Rammstein and KMFDM.
Impressive.

Metal is a genre of music, not a badge of honor.
You're making what I think is a valuable distinction:a) metal bands, and

b) bands who have metal songs in their repetoire

So here, you're addressing the acts that fall within (a).

If you were interested in addressing the (b) bands, this thread could venture far and wide -- Neil Young, Foreigner, Rush, Queen, Heart -- and heck, even Prince -- have done metal. They just aren't metal.

Users who are viewing this thread