What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (1 Viewer)

FoxyLady6982 looks decent :shrug:

labelle136437 not bad either

Hoobly_hoo worth investigating, pic isn't great
first one isn't bad... I'd just be embarassed as #### to go meet some odd looking girl for a drink after work.
Odd looking? You're judging a lot from some small, bad resolution pictures. Plus, you need to get over yourself if you're worried about spending an hour with an ugly woman in a public place.
That sounded bad... I moreso meant the entire situation would embarass. Like saying "hey I'm gonna go meet this chick who could be strange looking that I paid to meet on the internet at the bar right next to the office." This while thing is just "different" to me.

FoxyLady6982 looks decent :shrug:

first one isn't bad... I'd just be embarassed as #### to go meet some odd looking girl for a drink after work.
Odd looking? You're judging a lot from some small, bad resolution pictures. Plus, you need to get over yourself if you're worried about spending an hour with an ugly woman in a public place.
That sounded bad... I moreso meant the entire situation would embarass. Like saying "hey I'm gonna go meet this chick who could be strange looking that I paid to meet on the internet at the bar right next to the office." This while thing is just "different" to me.
You've never gotten a girl's digits at a bar or club and then called her for a date later? Same thing, really.

FoxyLady6982 looks decent :lmao:

You've never gotten a girl's digits at a bar or club and then called her for a date later? Same thing, really.
Exactly. I don't see the problem here. Who do you need to report your social plans to and why?

Disco you up for that bet?
:lmao:Ground rules...no money can exchange handsdon't tell her about the bet (ie no "pity dates")post picture here of the two of you together by 6/18/07Loser pays for one month on match.com for winner.
All works (I'll even forward you any contact with her through e-mails). My only gripe is with the date. I haven't signed up yet and that time period only gives me 3 weeks. I figure at least a week or two of initial contact to set something up, the need for at least one very "good" date to get a photo or several so taking it with her isn't awkward (even a goofy spur of the moment camera phone pic would be odd), and finally I have my next few weekends booked and will have people out visiting for a week of the next 3 weeks so the timing is too short. Would you be okay with 7/18/07?

:lmao:Ground rules...no money can exchange handsdon't tell her about the bet (ie no "pity dates")post picture here of the two of you together by 6/18/07Loser pays for one month on match.com for winner.
All works (I'll even forward you any contact with her through e-mails). My only gripe is with the date. I haven't signed up yet and that time period only gives me 3 weeks. I figure at least a week or two of initial contact to set something up, the need for at least one very "good" date to get a photo or several so taking it with her isn't awkward (even a goofy spur of the moment camera phone pic would be odd), and finally I have my next few weekends booked and will have people out visiting for a week of the next 3 weeks so the timing is too short. Would you be okay with 7/18/07?
You can tack on 3 months. It still ain't gonna happen.

Guess me and my buddies always made fun of the people who met others online. Online dating is a relatively new social concept. I really though the internet was only needed for sports, research, and pron. :shrug:

Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :shrug:

You can tack on 3 months. It still ain't gonna happen.
Agree, that girl probably gets 200 emails a day with those pics up front

5. Do not email for weeks before meeting. Meet as early as possible. Email chemistry does not equal face to face chemistry. Nothing is worse than emailing someone dozens of times only to find out there's nothing there when you're face to face. Also, women tend to develop a picture in their head when they email a guy for a while. They build him up to such a degree that it's hard to live up to the idea when you meet face to face.
Already happening and he hasn't even signed up yet. :shrug:

Guess me and my buddies always made fun of the people who met others online. Online dating is a relatively new social concept. I really though the internet was only needed for sports, research, and pron. :shrug:
I always just saw it as yet another avenue to getting more #####...

my friend has used plenty of fish (or something like that) recently. He says he has met some hot chicks on there, but the one that came out and met him recently can be described only as Prince Vigo from Ghostbusters 2. He hit it, but he has no standards.

Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :shrug:
Suppose you do know more about this than me, but #### it, we'll do it so long as you don't object to any advice I may get on here regarding what to put in my profile, what to say, etc. Now, how long should I sign up for?

:confused:Ground rules...no money can exchange handsdon't tell her about the bet (ie no "pity dates")post picture here of the two of you together by 6/18/07Loser pays for one month on match.com for winner.
Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :shock:
Suppose you do know more about this than me, but #### it, we'll do it so long as you don't object to any advice I may get on here regarding what to put in my profile, what to say, etc. Now, how long should I sign up for?
Just my opinions... I'm no expert. I just started looking online in the past couple weeks.I guess FFA advice is ok, although honestly I was banking on you being yourself. :thumbdown:

:confused:Ground rules...no money can exchange handsdon't tell her about the bet (ie no "pity dates")post picture here of the two of you together by 6/18/07Loser pays for one month on match.com for winner.
Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :bye:
Just my opinions... I'm no expert. I just started looking online in the past couple weeks.I guess FFA advice is ok, although honestly I was banking on you being yourself. :pokey:
Will be for the most part I will be. I just have never done this before and would have know idea what a "normal" e-mail looks like, its length, or anything like that.

Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :bye:
Just my opinions... I'm no expert. I just started looking online in the past couple weeks.I guess FFA advice is ok, although honestly I was banking on you being yourself. :pokey:
Will be for the most part I will be. I just have never done this before and would have know idea what a "normal" e-mail looks like, its length, or anything like that.
Well 4 pages about your feelings would be overkill.

:thumbup:Ground rules...no money can exchange handsdon't tell her about the bet (ie no "pity dates")post picture here of the two of you together by 6/18/07Loser pays for one month on match.com for winner.
Sure, though 3 weeks is an eternity in idating terms. She'll be off the market by 4th of July anyway... :banned:
Well 4 pages about your feelings would be overkill.
:lmao:

Woz - My tips on online dating:

1. Beware of chicks that don't have pictures or won't send you some immdiately. I'd say stay away entirely but my fiance dind't have a pic but in her first email to me (she contacted me), she said she had one and would send it.

2. Put some effort into your profile. It's not just a summary of who you are, it's an advertisement. Think of it that way and you'll have success with women contacting you (at least half my dates were with chicks that liked my profile and contacted me first). Be witty, be as honest as possible and be different

3. When you contact women do not use a form email. Like your profile, you need to be witty and different. These women (especially the hot ones) are getting dozens of emails per day. Why does yours stand out? Make sure you mention something about their profile or interests or they will assume you just liked the picture.

4. Slim and skinny are good. Athletic is mostly good. Average is sketchy territory as a woman's definition of average can vary wildly. Don't write it off entirely, but be wary.

5. Do not email for weeks before meeting. Meet as early as possible. Email chemistry does not equal face to face chemistry. Nothing is worse than emailing someone dozens of times only to find out there's nothing there when you're face to face. Also, women tend to develop a picture in their head when they email a guy for a while. They build him up to such a degree that it's hard to live up to the idea when you meet face to face.

6. Keep the first date simple - coffee, drinks, a walk in the park. Stay away from a planned dinner or a complex date. I once spent the day at the zoo with a girl that I had no attraction to whatsoever.

7. Be prepared to be rejected and be prepared to date a woman who is undoubtedly dating other guys at first. As mentioned, it's a numbers game - for both sides.

8. I know you're normally opposed to it, but there's nothing wrong with a casual fling to make sure the plumbing is working. Some of those will definitely come your way - go with the flow.

9. Change your profile occasionally. This will re-sort your profile in the searches. Both my fiance and I had been on for a few months but had never seen each other's profiles (hers mainly because she didn't have a picture up). One day, after I had changed mine, it finally came up in one of her searches.

10. Do the personality and physical compatibility profiles. They will turn up different searches than you would normally get.
:yes: All excellent advice, and things I learned from experience as well. I'm currently living w/ someone I met on match. Also to add, I can't emphasize enough putting the work in on your profile to make yourself stand out from the other wankers. Oddly enough, the best dates I had and women that I met (including my GF) were actually "lurkers" who contacted me first-- very attractive, intelligent women with a lot of potential who didn't want to be bombarded with mail after posting their pic, so they hid their profiles, and then selectively contacted the guys they were interested in based on what they wrote about themselves. This is :yes: for you from the get-go if someone interesting makes the first move and writes to you, because you know they are already intrigued.

As others have said, be prepared for anything, because you will see the whole spectrum from genuinely terrific to certifiable whackjob. I've hooked up casually, and I've also met women who made the :wub: sparks fly. Worth the investment, for sure--

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Beware of chicks that don't have pictures or won't send you some immdiately. I'd say stay away entirely but my fiance dind't have a pic but in her first email to me (she contacted me), she said she had one and would send it.

2. Put some effort into your profile. It's not just a summary of who you are, it's an advertisement. Think of it that way and you'll have success with women contacting you (at least half my dates were with chicks that liked my profile and contacted me first). Be witty, be as honest as possible and be different

3. When you contact women do not use a form email. Like your profile, you need to be witty and different. These women (especially the hot ones) are getting dozens of emails per day. Why does yours stand out? Make sure you mention something about their profile or interests or they will assume you just liked the picture.

4. Slim and skinny are good. Athletic is mostly good. Average is sketchy territory as a woman's definition of average can vary wildly. Don't write it off entirely, but be wary.

6. Keep the first date simple - coffee, drinks, a walk in the park. Stay away from a planned dinner or a complex date. I once spent the day at the zoo with a girl that I had no attraction to whatsoever.

7. Be prepared to be rejected and be prepared to date a woman who is undoubtedly dating other guys at first. As mentioned, it's a numbers game - for both sides.

8. I know you're normally opposed to it, but there's nothing wrong with a casual fling to make sure the plumbing is working. Some of those will definitely come your way - go with the flow.

9. Change your profile occasionally. This will re-sort your profile in the searches. Both my fiance and I had been on for a few months but had never seen each other's profiles (hers mainly because she didn't have a picture up). One day, after I had changed mine, it finally came up in one of her searches.

10. Do the personality and physical compatibility profiles. They will turn up different searches than you would normally get.
All great pointers here.

For the record, Otis set up a match.com account just last night after a lengthy conversation with a colleague who told me she met her husband through match.com. I have a good buddy at work, solid guy and a decent catch I would think, who met his smoking hot fiancee on match. A cousin met her husband on there. etc. etc.

This is the new way. Just like everything else social is moving to the internet, so shall dating. I would not be surprised if in 10 or 20 years, most people are meeting their mates through match and the like.

In any event, I'm in with ya woz. If nothing else, consider this a reasonable way to supplement your pool of options. You still go out on the town and do your brick-and-mortar chick scavenging, but at night or during a workday you can make arrangements with iChicks as well. You could theoretically have a date with a different chick every night of the week (there were weeks a couple of summers ago where, through Friendster, I would literally have 4 or 5 dates with all new chicks in a week. :lmao: )

Keep us posted. This thread has enormous potential.

I had a friend that was phone-stalked and harrassed by some perv a week into her match.com membership. She quit and got a refund, swearing off online dating forever. :lmao:

Jeebus. Just checked it out and got 0 meeting the criteria I wanted. So I checked a bunch more boxes and got quite a few people, including one that worked for me about 3 years ago. Only 1 of the girls listed looked like a definate hottie. Many of them were :confused:

:confused: All excellent advice, and things I learned from experience as well. I'm currently living w/ someone I met on match. Also to add, I can't emphasize enough putting the work in on your profile to make yourself stand out from the other wankers. Oddly enough, the best dates I had and women that I met (including my GF) were actually "lurkers" who contacted me first-- very attractive, intelligent women with a lot of potential who didn't want to be bombarded with mail after posting their pic, so they hid their profiles, and then selectively contacted the guys they were interested in based on what they wrote about themselves. This is :confused: for you from the get-go if someone interesting makes the first move and writes to you, because you know they are already intrigued.

As others have said, be prepared for anything, because you will see the whole spectrum from genuinely terrific to certifiable whackjob. I've hooked up casually, and I've also met women who made the :wub: sparks fly. Worth the investment, for sure--
I'll add in some of my experiences.1) Zero success beyond one date with anyone that I've contacted first, referring to match. yahoo was better, at a couple of years ago. I'm sure this will vary by market. Most of these chicks that are attractive are getting close to a hundred e-mails a day, many of those are psychos. Be prepared to cast early and often for a hook up.

2) I've been contacted by several smokin' hot ladies that were just lurking. A couple of these were knocking down over 6 digit incomes. Keep in mind that these places are 2 to 1 guy to girl ratio. Just like anywhere else, the wimmens are doing the selecting.

3) E-harmony looks like a better route but it's a pain in the ###. They're matching up one to one in introductions so the ladies aren't being overwhelmed with crap. Also if you watch the commericials, they're obviously marketing to women.

4) If you're not in a rush, set up a "free" account. You can't do jack with it, but any of these sites will start offering you discounts if you don't sign up for a few weeks.

5) Like Otis said, brick and mortar still is good, but you can reach out to places that you'd never venture via the innernets.

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :thumbup: Is it really worth this cost?
Don't they have a 60 day guarantee or something now?
Gotta been 6 months at 17 a pop then if nothing happens they give you six more. Not too enticing. Just checking out the profiles on this site is almost embarassing.
Where are you? Minnesota? I can see that. It might vary wildly from market to market. Denver was stock full of choices (along with a lot of awful ones).You also need to narrow the search by body type.
That helped somewhat. Of the girls now listed http://www.match.com/search/searchSubmit.a...amp;lid=1000005 I'd be interested in about three of them. Pixie2010 is about the only one I'd really be interested in but AMBO and pilatequeen could be wortwhile... so ten bucks a piece to send them an e-mail?
i would drill Pixie2010 :lmao:

Otis Observation #1 about Match.com: These wimmen are not very attractive.

eegh.
there are some hotties that lurk. you'll never see their pics until they find you.and they will.
:thumbup: This is an interesting angle I hadn't considered. So if I just set up a halfway decent profile and come off as a pretty decent catch, chicks will come to me???

God mf bless the interweb. Seriously.

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :thumbup: Is it really worth this cost?
Don't they have a 60 day guarantee or something now?
Gotta been 6 months at 17 a pop then if nothing happens they give you six more. Not too enticing. Just checking out the profiles on this site is almost embarassing.
Where are you? Minnesota? I can see that. It might vary wildly from market to market. Denver was stock full of choices (along with a lot of awful ones).You also need to narrow the search by body type.
That helped somewhat. Of the girls now listed http://www.match.com/search/searchSubmit.a...amp;lid=1000005 I'd be interested in about three of them. Pixie2010 is about the only one I'd really be interested in but AMBO and pilatequeen could be wortwhile... so ten bucks a piece to send them an e-mail?
i would drill Pixie2010 :yes:
The Otis early favorites list:lrm427

Lavnderos1

Calluna3089

leggytravels

tribecagirl310

nycprgirl

shasou222

ol4ik11

briteyes22

annikahast

Notamrngprsn

been2770

maine319

moretnt

IvyBankerGirl

It took a great deal of searching and culling to arrive at this list, but I believe I've arrived at what is the most solid talent in my local pool. At least, of those who aren't just lurking....

Woz> how bout a contest. Who can meet up with the most match iChicks. We could keep a running tally/scoreboard here.

Otis Observation #1 about Match.com: These wimmen are not very attractive.

eegh.
there are some hotties that lurk. you'll never see their pics until they find you.and they will.
:rolleyes: This is an interesting angle I hadn't considered. So if I just set up a halfway decent profile and come off as a pretty decent catch, chicks will come to me???

God mf bless the interweb. Seriously.
In droves.

3) E-harmony looks like a better route but it's a pain in the ###. They're matching up one to one in introductions so the ladies aren't being overwhelmed with crap. Also if you watch the commericials, they're obviously marketing to women.
I heard that the ratio at eharmony is 70% women/30% men, and I would not be surprised if that were true, given the sheer number of matches I was given when I was there. (You can't surf the entire pool of women at eharmony like you can at match and most other sites; they send you matches based on a questionnaire you fill out at the beginning. I was getting 12-20 matches a week, which is far more than my female friends who have been on it ever got.) This makes sense because eharmony targets people who are looking for marriage (or at the very least a long-term relationship), not hooking up or casual dating. Their whole concept is much more appealing to women. The pro is that you have lots of options. The con is that you'll rarely find women who will sleep with you before the third date, if that's what you're after.

Why would a mid-20's guy need to do Match? If you are any kind of decent looking dude AT ALL, you should OWN your Myspace in a 25 mile radius.

Match and the like are for geezers 30+. :)

I heard that the ratio at eharmony is 70% women/30% men, and I would not be surprised if that were true, given the sheer number of matches I was given when I was there. (You can't surf the entire pool of women at eharmony like you can at match and most other sites; they send you matches based on a questionnaire you fill out at the beginning. I was getting 12-20 matches a week, which is far more than my female friends who have been on it ever got.) This makes sense because eharmony targets people who are looking for marriage (or at the very least a long-term relationship), not hooking up or casual dating. Their whole concept is much more appealing to women. The pro is that you have lots of options. The con is that you'll rarely find women who will sleep with you before the third date, if that's what you're after.
Bingo...I'm getting precisely 7 matches a day that "meet 29 key matching criteria". It's been that way for about three weeks. They roll in at about 8am as sure as the sun comes up each day. If I use their search for matches feature at 7am, they will tell me that there are currently no people that meet the 29 criteria components. In other words they're blowing a bunch of smoke up people's asses.

Users who are viewing this thread