What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL GUN CONTROL DEBATE*** (1 Viewer)

Love how Obama uses 90% of Americans favor this and didn't use 65% didn't favor Obamacare when it went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how many of the same people that are against expand background checks because it inconveniences law abiding citizens and their constitutional rights are also against gay marriage. :loco:
Yep. And they also would like to see all the illegals rounded up and deported, no matter what the cost.

I just don't get how someone can celebrate that a simple, limited background check bill went down.
I don't get it either. I don't want to read this whole thread, but I just don't understand any coherent opposition to the terms of this bill.
Essentially:

Democrats: Hey we want to pass a whole bunch of bills in the name of Sandy Hook, even though they wouldn't have had any effect on Sandy Hook and will do nothing but hinder law abiding citizens. But first we want you to pass this simple background check, and then we'll force through the other stuff.

Republicans: Wait, what? Hell no.

I love how many of the same people that are against expand background checks because it inconveniences law abiding citizens and their constitutional rights are also against gay marriage. :loco:
Yep. And they also would like to see all the illegals rounded up and deported, no matter what the cost.
The Dem's need to hire that ACORN kid to show illegals buying guns at a show without getting background checks.

I just don't get how someone can celebrate that a simple, limited background check bill went down.
I don't get it either. I don't want to read this whole thread, but I just don't understand any coherent opposition to the terms of this bill.
Essentially:

Democrats: Hey we want to pass a whole bunch of bills in the name of Sandy Hook, even though they wouldn't have had any effect on Sandy Hook and will do nothing but hinder law abiding citizens. But first we want you to pass this simple background check, and then we'll force through the other stuff.

It's more like:

Democrats: Uh, we have no clue as to what the #### we want to do. Wait- let's pass a background check bill- no wait, let's water it down. No wait, let's water it down again. No wait, let's water it down again.

Republicans: THE UNITED NATIONS IS COMING!!! SHOOT TO KILL!!!

Essentially:

And if this was some kind of omnibus bill, I would totally understand that. Without a Democratic majority, though, the odds of "forcing through" anything as contentious as serious gun regulations (if that's even something the Democratic Party would want to focus its efforts on) seem incredibly low.

Essentially:

It's more like:

Democrats: Uh, we have no clue. as to what the #### we want to do. Wait- let's pass a background check bill- no wait, let's water it down. No wait, let's water it down again. No wait, let's water it down again.

Fixed, for accuracy.

Essentially:

It's more like:

Democrats: Uh, we have no clue as to what the #### we want to do. Wait- let's pass a background check bill- no wait, let's water it down. No wait, let's water it down again. No wait, let's water it down again.

So I just imagined all those hearings while Diane Feinstein attempted to make certain guns illegal based on them looking scary?

Essentially:

It's more like:

So I just imagined all those hearings while Diane Feinstein attempted to make certain guns illegal based on them looking scary?
She didn't get very far did she? Hence the "no clue" and "water down" statements.

I think I'm buying a sixpack of really good Beer on the way home, Just something to enjoy sipping on while Watching Obama's Hissyfit over and over again on my DVR.

I also like to thank the Democrats for being so ham-fisted with this. That's caused the end of the AR panic and allowed me to score a sweet colt AR 15 For only 850 bucks last week. Can't wait to pick that up from my FFL and take it to the range. :thumbup:

Because this thread is a microcosm for the US as a whole. You see the people for gun control come and go while the same people who were originally against it are the loudest and most persistent, so the reps are continually afraid of those few people.

And now we wait for the next tragedy......................................

As I was telling Tim,this battle was won but the war is far from over for either side.

The Dem's motives were transparent and their bluff got called. What they were trying to pass would have zero impact on violent crime, it would have just been more red tape for law abiding citizens.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” – Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Essentially:

It's more like:

She didn't get very far did she? Hence the "no clue" and "water down" statements.
Only reason why it didn't get further was because the dems started to see that it was endangering the background check, so they removed it but allowed her to pursue it seperately. But by that point, the Dems had showed their hand and the GOP acted accordingly.

You agreed with me on this earlier, so I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me now.

Ah I get it, these politicians only care about national background checks when it aligns with their views.

Schumer protests national CCW Reciprocity which would allow individuals that have passed a federal background check in order to obtain their CCW permit to exercise their fundamental rights in any state that recognizes CCW permits.

I have a feeling the "anti-gun-nuts" in this thread are also against CCW Reciprocity.

In New York [City] a concealed weapons permit is allowed by law, but detractors have claimed it takes a large degree of wealth, political influence, and/or celebrity status to obtain.

Essentially:

It's more like:

Only reason why it didn't get further was because the dems started to see that it was endangering the background check, so they removed it but allowed her to pursue it seperately. But by that point, the Dems had showed their hand and the GOP acted accordingly.

You agreed with me on this earlier, so I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me now.
Who cares about Feinstein's proposals? Anything she submits is completely separate from the legislation that was rejected today.Your position is that rejecting the measure that was up for vote in the Senate today helps fight what you think Feinstein may introduce in the future?

It's a great day for freedom.
...for career criminals and mental patients that want to shoot somebody.
Give us a bill that goes after career criminals and mental patients then. Stop harassing law abiding citizens.
Really? A background check is harassment? Do you complain going through the metal detectors at the airport too? Is this website infringing on your freedom by asking you to set up a password? Is Pizza Hut harassing you when they ask for your phone number? Don't want the Pepperoni police hunting you down.

The Dem's motives were transparent and their bluff got called. What they were trying to pass would have zero impact on violent crime, it would have just been more red tape for law abiding citizens.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” – Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
What a joke. It's folks like you repeating ignorant crap like this that could have been written by the NRA itself that keeps stuff like today's measure from passing.

Know nothing indeed. Folks, this is why blaming politicians for all of our problems is shortsighted. As long as there are constituents like this 5 digit clown who eat up right wing nonsense like it's the last box of Boo Berry cereal, we'll have morons in Congress opposing common sense stuff like today's measure that is supported by 90% of Americans.

What a joke. It's folks like you repeating ignorant crap like this that could have been written by the NRA itself that keeps stuff like today's measure from passing.

Know nothing indeed. Folks, this is why blaming politicians for all of our problems is shortsighted. As long as there are constituents like this 5 digit clown who eat up right wing nonsense like it's the last box of Boo Berry cereal, we'll have morons in Congress opposing common sense stuff like today's measure that is supported by 90% of Americans.
:potkettle:

Of course 90% of Americans support “background checks”. Do they support “universal background checks”? Did the poll explain what that meant? Did they explain that it would create a massive invasion of privacy by keeping paperwork of all law abiding gun owners on file for the government to look through whenever they want? Did they ask if people approve of the hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars in taxpayer money it will take to implement and enforce such a system? Did they ask if the respondents thought this would actually lower crime and if criminals would submit themselves to these checks?

No, the question was probably something along the lines of, “Do you support universal background checks to save the lives of children?”

I wonder how many anti-gun nuts are eagerly awaiting the next mass murder so they can jump up and down and say "haha! I told you so!"

tommyGunZ said:
5 digit know nothing said:

the GD system is broken. Why they couldn't get this done is beyond me. Both sides suck

tom22406 said:

As I was telling Tim,this battle was won but the war is far from over for either side.
Are you really implying that passage of this bill would prevent another tragedy?

tom22406 said:

Are you really implying that passage of this bill would prevent another tragedy?
unfortunately no background check would have prevented Newtown

tom22406 said:

No he's implying this will shut up the whack job anti-gunners until the next tragedy at which point they can use the event to politicize their agenda.

[icon] said:
I wonder how many anti-gun nuts are eagerly awaiting the next mass murder so they can jump up and down and say "haha! I told you so!"
Oh please stop acting like the gun control people are the one looking for a mass murder/gun shooting. The NRA loves to see this #### too. More massacre means more chicken littles who think the government is going to kill them which means more guns sales.

The Republicans didn't do anything wrong because you knew that they were in the pocket of the NRA. Its the democrats that are the cowards for barking and barking and then putting their tail between their legs when someone told them the money train was leaving. And the great thing is that the NRA is going to stab them in the back by getting rid of them.

[icon] said:
That would be almost as idiotic as the gun nuts who profess sympathy immediately after every mass shooting yet then oppose any changes to prevent future tragedies.

Users who are viewing this thread