What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (4 Viewers)

We are in the midst of a pandemic. Most people have barely been out in public the past two months
And seriously do you expect the Democratic Party nominee for President to be pushing a shopping cart at his local market getting the family groceries for the week? 

Biden can't hold rallies or do interactive campaigning with even small crowds. And if he went out outside and did that, there would be a dozen reporters with camera crews covering it. 

Trump is getting trounced among a crucial constituency: The haters

In 2016, Donald Trump cleaned up among voters who disliked him and Hillary Clinton. This year, Biden is winning big among the comparable group.

President Donald Trump is losing a critical constituency: voters who see two choices on the ballot — and hate them both.

Unlike in 2016, when a large group of voters who disliked both Trump and Hillary Clinton broke sharply for Trump, the opposite is happening now, according to public polling and private surveys conducted by Republicans and Democrats alike.

It's a significant and often underappreciated group of voters. Of the nearly 20 percent of voters who disliked both Clinton and Trump in 2016, Trump outperformed Clinton by about 17 percentage points, according to exit polls.

Four years later, that same group — including a mix of Bernie Sanders supporters, other Democrats, disaffected Republicans and independents — strongly prefers Biden, the polling shows. The former vice president leads Trump by more than 40 percentage points among that group, which accounts for nearly a quarter of registered voters, according to a Monmouth University poll last week.

Biden up +5.5 in RCP.

Biden 48.4 (+5.5) Trump 42.9 .

Pennsylvania: Biden 48.3 (+6.5) Trump 41.8 .

Michigan: Biden 46.5 (+5.5) Trump 41.0.

Arizona: Biden 48.2 (+4.0) Trump 44.2.

Florida: Biden 48.3 (+3.3) Trump 45.0.

Wisconsin: Biden 46.0 (+2.7) Trump 43.3.

- Trump was winning RCP by 0.2 in 2016.
Also keep in mind, RCP includes Rasmussen that always favors the GOP by a huge (inaccurate) margin.

Just a quick google search

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/why-2016-election-polls-missed-their-mark/

The results of Tuesday’s presidential election came as a surprise to nearly everyone who had been following the national and state election polling, which consistently projected Hillary Clinton as defeating Donald Trump. Relying largely on opinion polls, election forecasters put Clinton’s chance of winning at anywhere from 70% to as high as 99%, and pegged her as the heavy favorite to win a number of states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that in the end were taken by Trump.
carry on posting polls though.

In 2016, Donald Trump cleaned up among voters who disliked him and Hillary Clinton. This year, Biden is winning big among the comparable group.

President Donald Trump is losing a critical constituency: voters who see two choices on the ballot — and hate them both.

Unlike in 2016, when a large group of voters who disliked both Trump and Hillary Clinton broke sharply for Trump, the opposite is happening now, according to public polling and private surveys conducted by Republicans and Democrats alike.

It's a significant and often underappreciated group of voters. Of the nearly 20 percent of voters who disliked both Clinton and Trump in 2016, Trump outperformed Clinton by about 17 percentage points, according to exit polls.

Four years later, that same group — including a mix of Bernie Sanders supporters, other Democrats, disaffected Republicans and independents — strongly prefers Biden, the polling shows. The former vice president leads Trump by more than 40 percentage points among that group, which accounts for nearly a quarter of registered voters, according to a Monmouth University poll last week.

It really is that middle 20% that decides every election. Who is/was hated more, Hillary or Joe? And does watching 4 years of Trump make a difference?

Pretty much describes me, except I voted for that McMullin CIA guy in 2016.

I'll take Biden if he sticks to the middle.  I don't hate anything specific that Trump has actually done as president (not a long list).. but I think the world will be a friendlier place day in day out with a different message/example coming from the White House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm let’s see, two rightwing racists with neoconservative policies.  I think I’ll just take the more rightwing racist one.  Thanks!  

Former Vice President Joe Biden slammed President Trump in an interview on Tuesday, accusing him of stoking coronavirus deaths in the U.S. through not setting a good example for the public.

"It’s stoking deaths. That’s not going to increase the likelihood of people being better off," Biden told CNN's Dana Bash in his first in-person interview since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. "Presidents are supposed to lead, not engage in folly and be falsely masculine."

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee went on to criticize Trump for not setting a good example for the public through measures such as wearing a mask.

"He’s a fool, an absolute fool to talk that way," he said. "Every leading doctor in the world is saying you should wear a mask when you’re in a crowd."
The Hill

- This bluntness without insulting is the right tact.

Pretty much describes me, except I voted for that McMullin CIA guy in 2016.

I'll take Biden if he sticks to the middle.  I don't hate anything specific that Trump has actually done as president (not a long list).. but I think the world will be a friendlier place day in day out with a different message/example coming from the White House.
Pretty much why the dems chose Biden. The general public hates him a lot less than those who post here.

Pretty bad when your flatulence out shines the usual stumbling and bumbling.  Same interview.  He can't remember what the size of his stimulus bill was and decides just to settle on some random number not even close.   The mental decline is cringeworthy.   
Yikes. I posted in his other screw up thread another mistake from the same interview. He cant recall dates either. 

Yikes. I posted in his other screw up thread another mistake from the same interview. He cant recall dates either. 
Pearl Harbor?  Yeah, Joe, that wasn't D-day or Delaware's Independence.  

They are trying to teleprompter him stuff for a casual conversation and it's not working.  Apparently it's impossible for him to just have a normal conversation with some questions on a cue card.  Unbelievable.  

So pretty much, like most racists, he blames his victims.
I thought that was avery good interview. He apologized, said he shouldn't have said what he did, and made a point to say that he doesn't take anyone's votes for granted.

I am not a huge Biden guy, but geez - sure is nice to just hear a presidential candidate say sorry

Joe gave a great and moving speech yesterday regarding the terrible 100,000 milestone. You can’t fake empathy. He knows what it’s like to lose loved ones before their time. 

Eh I'll see you one date screwed up 27 times and counting.
One is consistently wrong with the same fact. The other is clearly losing his mind. Rationalize it how you will. Trump can be an idiot at times. Biden is losing his damn mind and the only defense is pointing out dumb Trump quotes. 

Dems picked a real winner here. 

One is consistently wrong with the same fact. The other is clearly losing his mind. Rationalize it how you will. Trump can be an idiot at times. Biden is losing his damn mind and the only defense is pointing out dumb Trump quotes. 

Nonsense. Based for the most part on misleading edited video clips taken out of context. You could build the same exact case for Trump based on snippets from his daily public comments and his tweets. 

It’s pretty racist on the part of Biden to use that language...I guess he was assuming that Charlemagne wasn’t clean and articulate and bright.... 
Dumb on his part.  Joe Biden knows that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nonsense. Based for the most part on misleading edited video clips taken out of context. You could build the same exact case for Trump based on snippets from his daily public comments and his tweets. 
It's not nonsense. We can use his NAACP claim this week. Does he really think that or was that a a bold face lie to the black community?

I guess I just find this stuff coming from you so disappointing. Biden's date was about colonial history. I'm supposed to be discouraged because the man cares about 1. colonial history - he happens to know that 12/7/1787 is a date that Delaware ratified the Constitution, but he confused that with the fact that Delaware was the first state to split off from England, and 2. that he cares enough to compare it to Pearl Harbor or D-Day. That's where the guy's values are, and for me that's good.

He's running against a guy who - as President - had to have Pearl Harbor explained to him. - Biden is a patriot with a grounding in American civics and history, Trump is an abomination when it comes to understanding our history and our Constitution.

- By the way this was a 15 minute policy conversation with the governor of Pennsylvania. Trump would be incapable of doing this.

We can use his NAACP claim this week. Does he really think that or was that a a bold face lie to the black community?
Appears to be a lie. He likely got some local endorsements, but as we now know, NAACP does not endorse candidiates.

In this election, like most, we have to balance who lies most or who lies about more dangerous things. I think we all know how that goes

I guess I just find this stuff coming from you so disappointing. Biden's date was about colonial history. I'm supposed to be discouraged because the man cares about 1. colonial history - he happens to know that 12/7/1787 is a date that Delaware ratified the Constitution, but he confused that with the fact that Delaware was the first state to split off from England, and 2. that he cares enough to compare it to Pearl Harbor or D-Day. That's where the guy's values are, and for me that's good.

He's running against a guy who - as President - had to have Pearl Harbor explained to him. - Biden is a patriot with a grounding in American civics and history, Trump is an abomination when it comes to understanding our history and our Constitution.
 I'm not voting for Trump based off how well he recalls American history. I'm voting for Trump because of who the Dems continue to nominate. They nominate self serving candidates. 

Trump is willing to put America first and I believe the constant attacks he is under goes to show he has the swamp rattled. I think he needs another term to right this ship.

Biden is more of the same. 30 years in politics and he wants to point to the last 3 years as everything wrong with the country? It doesnt work like that. In 2016, half the country rejected the status quo of Obama policies because they weren't working for them. 

Biden is in serious mental decline. Trying to say he knows more about American history as a way to save face doesn't cut it. The guy was literally just on tv laughing about D-Day being in December. That is almost disrespectful to our past in it's own way. 

I'm not voting for Trump based off how well he recalls American history. I'm voting for Trump because of who the Dems continue to nominate. They nominate self serving candidates. 

Trump is willing to put America first and I believe the constant attacks he is under goes to show he has the swamp rattled. I think he needs another term to right this ship.

Biden is more of the same. 30 years in politics and he wants to point to the last 3 years as everything wrong with the country? It doesnt work like that. In 2016, half the country rejected the status quo of Obama policies because they weren't working for them. 

Biden is in serious mental decline. Trying to say he knows more about American history as a way to save face doesn't cut it. The guy was literally just on tv laughing about D-Day being in December. That is almost disrespectful to our past in it's own way. 
Ah, so you see my point don't you.

I raised Biden's values vs Trump's vaucousness and you raise claims about.... lessee... self-serving (Trump charges the government for using his businesses weekly), the Swamp (Trump is blocking oversight of the dispensing millions and maybe billions to corrupt cronies, firings IG's who conduct oversight, installing intelligence and DOJ officials whose sole qualification is loyalty to him...), Biden is a politician (sure, such a charge, he has 30 years (hm, 45?) experience in city, state and federal government), and you just raise the point that he mixed up dates about patriotic issues that Donald Trump not only doesn't care about but apparently isn't even aware of, which just revisits the key issue. 

I don't want to get into a mental decline vs mental decline argument, my point is about values. Independents and moderates btw see this point very much in Biden's favor, so I'm pretty comfortable on it. However if you don't believe me, at least consider that Trump is 6 months overdue on his physical and mental exam this year. My guess is he totally avoids it in 2020.

Appears to be a lie. He likely got some local endorsements, but as we now know, NAACP does not endorse candidiates.

In this election, like most, we have to balance who lies most or who lies about more dangerous things. I think we all know how that goes
I think there is about to be a fine line walked by Biden supporters over the next several months. To me the guy is in mental decline and it's easy to explain away some gaffes that way, but the desire will be to show he is mentally competent and they become quick to say he was just lying. 

Ah, so you see my point don't you.

I raised Biden's values vs Trump's vaucousness and you raise claims about.... lessee... self-serving (Trump charges the government for using his businesses weekly), the Swamp (Trump is blocking oversight of the dispensing millions and maybe billions to corrupt cronies, firings IG's who conduct oversight, installing intelligence and DOJ officials whose sole qualification is loyalty to him...), Biden is a politician (sure, such a charge, he has 30 years (hm, 45?) experience in city, state and federal government), and you just raise the point that he mixed up dates about patriotic issues that Donald Trump not only doesn't care about but apparently isn't even aware of, which just revisits the key issue. 

I don't want to get into a mental decline vs mental decline argument, my point is about values. Independents and moderates btw see this point very much in Biden's favor, so I'm pretty comfortable on it. However if you don't believe me, at least consider that Trump is 6 months overdue on his physical and mental exam this year. My guess is he totally avoids it in 2020.
Well damn it, you talked me into it. I'm a Biden 2020 guy now. 

Users who are viewing this thread