What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (1 Viewer)

Huge fail by Biden today, what were his handlers thinking?! You hide in the basement for months, and TODAY you have a major campaign event? 

Jonathan Martin @jmartNYT · 26s

NEWS:

@JoeBiden is taking down his negative ads, going all-positive, per source familiar.

Decision was made *before* WH put out word Trump was going to Walter Reed

If I were Biden I would cancel all events for the time being. I’m surprised he hasn’t. 
Now is not the time to stop a campaign.

Election Day is coming.

I agree about the negative ads.  But the world does not stop turning, and you do not risk losing momentum.

Now is not the time to stop a campaign.

Election Day is coming.

I agree about the negative ads.  But the world does not stop turning, and you do not risk losing momentum.
You risk losing more votes than you gain if you continue campaigning while Trump lies ill. 

You risk losing more votes than you gain if you continue campaigning while Trump lies ill. 
Not Biden.

First, he runs a high road campaign.

Second, he is not headlining huge rallies - but is almost always in a more intimate setting.

Third, Trump has questioned his energy, and bunker mentality - best way to counter that, while promoting his own vision.

Joe Biden@JoeBiden · 3m

This cannot be a partisan moment.

It must be an American moment.

We have to come together as a nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
You also have the upcoming VP debate, and announcements from the Trump campaign, that Pence will be continuing his schedule.

Absent a more ominous update to the President's health, campaign should continue as scheduled.

Biden: "It's not just the folks in the White House, or who travel with me that deserve regular testing. It is folks in the meat packing and food processing plant, grocery store workers, every single American deserves safety and peace of mind."

• Love
If I were Biden I would cancel all events for the time being. I’m surprised he hasn’t. 
:goodposting:

This is the problem with not having an honest and even media Tim. They should have been savaging Biden for giving this ridiculous speech while the President was having corona symptoms and in quarantine. God knows they would if the shoe was on the other foot. 

This is the problem with not having an honest and even media Tim. They should have been savaging Biden for giving this ridiculous speech while the President was having corona symptoms and in quarantine. God knows they would if the shoe was on the other foot. 
So Pence keeps his schedule...but Biden should change his?

Give me a break.

• Smile
 I disagree.  He wasn't popping big rallies/groups anyway.  His style was much more COVID safety respectful.  He's right in suspending the negative ads....and he shouldn't be negative. 

He'll look compassionate and  healthy; and right now there's nothing wrong with latently displaying the idea that out of two old men candidates...at least one is healthy, viable and able to lead.  

I don’t agree with Biden’s decision but I wouldn’t savage him for it. He’s done nothing to deserve the criticism you’re offering. 

If only we had some idea how Trump would react should his political opponent suffer a respiratory ailment at this exact time prior to an election...
In the future, I’m really hoping that “Hey, Trump would have done it!” isn’t offered as a political justification. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Cool he was responding to a post that wasn’t some hypothetical Trump would have done...a post that had everything to do with Hillary.
His point was being made to that poster (and presumably other readers) and stands on it's own without the specifics of the other post.

I'm dropping it now, feel free to run around and incorrectly correct people for zero reason at all.  It's your life.

DJ Judd@DJJudd·35m

Trump comms director Tim Murtaugh tells @ryanobles & me they won't pull negative ads, even though Biden did.

“Joe Biden used his speech in MI today to attack the President repeatedly on Social Security, the economy & job creation.

This is the message:

Joe Biden@JoeBiden 1m

Be a patriot. Do your part. Wearing a mask will protect you. But it will also protect those around you — your mom, your dad, your son, your daughter, your neighbor, your co-worker.

Don’t just do it for yourself. Do it for the people you love.

I think it's a better than 50/50 shot that there is no more presidential debates, and the last major public impression the public gets is Pence vs Kamala. 

The GOP cannot, they CANNOT, be excited about that prospect.

I am very happy that Biden has a very healthy immune system and able to have shared the Debate all with so many Covid infected people and have the strength to fight it off.

I hope everyone recovers and it would be very troubling if both candidates had tested positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to anyone who still thinks Biden should stop campaigning:

INBOX: Trump campaign launches “Operation MAGA” to keep campaign at full speed The campaign is highlighting that Vice President Pence and campaign who can travel as well as host events virtually will do so while President Trump recovers.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1312487326765838336

(full note from Trump campaign in tweet)

I am very happy that Biden has a very healthy immune system and able to have shared the Debate all with so many Covid infected people and have the strength to fight it off.

I hope everyone recovers and it would be very troubling if both candidates had tested positive.
He's not out of the woods yet. It still may be too early to know for sure if he contracted this Tuesday night. 

In response to anyone who still thinks Biden should stop campaigning:

INBOX: Trump campaign launches “Operation MAGA” to keep campaign at full speed The campaign is highlighting that Vice President Pence and campaign who can travel as well as host events virtually will do so while President Trump recovers.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1312487326765838336

(full note from Trump campaign in tweet)
Odd...I was told Im the only one who thinks Biden should still campaign...oops.

I think it's a better than 50/50 shot that there is no more presidential debates, and the last major public impression the public gets is Pence vs Kamala. 

The GOP cannot, they CANNOT, be excited about that prospect.
If the next two debates are going to be anything like the first, I think this is actually the ideal scenario for the GOP.  By simply being calm and coherent, Pence will earn a much more positive reaction than Trump did on Tuesday. 

Users who are viewing this thread