What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Thread: Getzlaf 15 charges four game 6 tickets, a limo, and five steak sandwiches to Cav's room. FBG CORNHOLE A (2 Viewers)

Who wins the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs?

• Capitals

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Penguins

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Habitants

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rangers

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Bruins

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Senators

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Blue Jackets

• Blackhawks

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Predators

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Blues

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Wild

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Flames

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks

• Oilers

• Ducks

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
he finished with a .93 sv%.  all anyone pointed to was his sv% so if that is why he was soooo good and that he was the reason they got to the cup as an 8 seed then yes, you all showering him with praise should be very surprised.
why all the hate?  He's one of the biggest reasons they made the run.  Along with Guentzel for Pens and Subak/Sissions for Smashville

And everyone was dinging Crosby, he of 1 goal in last 10 games.   And with his HUGE 1 goal, 4 assist finals he somehow deserves it sooooo much?

Last edited by a moderator:
All the talk was...if he continued playing the way he was...he would be a likely winner if Nashville won the cup.  I don't think its anything outrageous to say that.
all the talk was that he also deserved it when in reality he was just a placeholder for the team in front of him.

no.  he wasn't.  and in the end, he was the biggest reason they didn't win it.
Scoring zero (OK one, Sissons' goal should have counted) goals in the last two games probably had something to do with it too. Can't put it all on Rinne, even though he absolutely did suck in Pittsburgh in the finals.

all the talk was that he also deserved it when in reality he was just a placeholder for the team in front of him.
Guilty as charged in my case. I watched him in the first round against the Hawks (he was legitimately lights out in that series) and then only intermittently in rounds two and three and looked at his numbers. He was also legitimately huge in game 6 against Anaheim IMO. In the finals, Murray was the better goaltender, certainly. Conn Smythe probably should have gone to the Fleury / Murray tandem if that were allowed.

Guilty as charged in my case. I watched him in the first round against the Hawks (he was legitimately lights out in that series) and then only intermittently in rounds two and three and looked at his numbers. He was also legitimately huge in game 6 against Anaheim IMO. In the finals, Murray was the better goaltender, certainly. Conn Smythe probably should have gone to the Fleury / Murray tandem if that were allowed.
His performance against the Hawks is vastly overrated. Nashville dominated that series in every conceivable way and he never had to make a save to win a game let alone the series. Seriously, the hawks had fewer than 5 great chances in 4 games. And then he let in soft goals throughout finals. I thought maybe he found his game and confidence in Nashville but not so much. 

His performance against the Hawks is vastly overrated. Nashville dominated that series in every conceivable way and he never had to make a save to win a game let alone the series. Seriously, the hawks had fewer than 5 great chances in 4 games. And then he let in soft goals throughout finals. I thought maybe he found his game and confidence in Nashville but not so much. 
no, no.  goalies are the best ever when you win and it's all their fault when you lose.  the rest doesn't matter.  stop having so little fun and order a steak sandwhich.  ######.

Yeah, for all of the crap that Bettman takes, the salary cap / parity in the NHL has been a huge success. The NBA might as well just skip straight to a Warriors-Cavs finals every year.
And now they're trying to figure out how to get more great players on the Cavs so they can "compete" with the Warriors.

These are the people who would rather watch Team USA basketball beat Angola by 80 than Olympic hockey. :shrug:

I know.  And some of us don't even live in Pittsburgh which complicates things further.  If I lived in Pittsburgh still, I would be taking the day off today.
I have too much going on today but even if I was off I'm not sure I would want to tackle the traffic and crowds.

Users who are viewing this thread