What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Thread: Getzlaf 15 charges four game 6 tickets, a limo, and five steak sandwiches to Cav's room. FBG CORNHOLE A (1 Viewer)

Who wins the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs?

• Capitals

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Penguins

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Habitants

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rangers

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Bruins

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Senators

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Blue Jackets

• Blackhawks

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Predators

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Blues

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Wild

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Flames

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks

• Oilers

• Ducks

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
First playoff game as a father and couldn't even make it to to the second period without getting superstitious about my daughter's outfit. It's a sickness.

First playoff game as a father and couldn't even make it to to the second period without getting superstitious about my daughter's outfit. It's a sickness.
Good news, Habs fans. She spit up during the intermission.

This game was about:

1. Tuukka - hell of a game

2. McAvoy - first game ever, and he dominated.  19 years old...

Perfect timing for the dumbest penalty in sports.
I don't think the call is dumb -- it's a rule that prevents teams from simply having a very easy out to getting the puck out of their defensive zone, or having a great way to allow for an opportune line change.

But treating it the same as slashing or hooking with a 2 minute minor is indeed harsh, and can cause a huge advantage on something that may have been done purely by mistake/out of a player's control. And ironically, is even worse for a team killing a penalty as that's when I would imagine it's most probable to happen as teams try to clear the zone quickly any way they can -- so as a result, penalizes an already penalized team that much more.

I've seen the suggestion that they should treat it like icing, which I think is the right move.

I don't think the call is dumb -- it's a rule that prevents teams from simply having a very easy out to getting the puck out of their defensive zone, or having a great way to allow for an opportune line change.

But treating it the same as slashing or hooking with a 2 minute minor is indeed harsh, and can cause a huge advantage on something that may have been done purely by mistake/out of a player's control. And ironically, is even worse for a team killing a penalty as that's when I would imagine it's most probable to happen as teams try to clear the zone quickly any way they can -- so as a result, penalizes an already penalized team that much more.

I've seen the suggestion that they should treat it like icing, which I think is the right move.
Exactly. It makes all the sense in the world because icing the puck is literally delaying the game.

Users who are viewing this thread