What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

Quick note on the pair of observers at the end of the show. From Begging to Differ:

According to the closed-captioning, they were speaking Portuguese.
They we're definitly speaking Portuguese.Friend of mine at work speaks fluent Portuguese and understood every word.

Also, he said they were not from Brasil, but from Portugal.

They were NOT russians!
Only Russians play chess. Your friend is obviously not telling the truth.

Let's discuss the Libby thing again...

She said her hubby's boat's name was Elizabeth, which was named after her (and I guess Libby could be short for Elizabeth).

WTF was she doing in tonight's episode?  ....and in the looney bin with Hurley...   ...and why was she on Australia, when Desmond wasn't.  He was seen with Jack after Jack's surgery.

THAT in and of itself is driving me crazy.
I'm guessing she was watching Desmond race in the boat her husband loved, which she gave Desmond, and he was racing "for love," then disappeared, made her crack. Which is where she met Hurley.

I'm still not sure how she became a flight attendant though.
I agree with this guy.
I agree as well. I think I posted the same thing right around the same time when we were discussing the Libby/Desmond meeting. I definitely think she slid into depression (thus going to the institution) because of her husband's death (1 month before meeting Desmond) leading to her giving Desmond the boat and then following the race and hearing that Desmond was lost/dead at sea.One note though. Libby was not a flight attendant. I think Brewdude is mixing her up with Cindy the tailie that got snatched before they got to the rest of the survivors. Libby has only said that she was a psychologist, which I think is true, but that was her profession before her life unraveled and she stalked a fat guy.
:doh: You are correct. Whatever happened to Cindy? She just disappeared on that trip and was never mentioned again...
Maybe we will see her in Season 3. I just hope that the Others peel away the charade since Jack et al know that they are faking it.

Oh, also:

Hurley heard the heading that Fake Henry told Michael and Walt to take to "rescue".

Jin, Sayid, and Sun still have the sail boat.

Any chance they try and head out on that bearing next season?

I'd say thats quite likely.
Good point. Do the others know they have a boat?
Unknown.It really depends on how all knowing the others are.

Here's a good analogy. Revealing Henry as the leader is like if in the WWF, during the height of the Vince McMahon/Steve Austin feud, that Vince revealed that the true power above Vince is Doink the Clown.
:thumbup:

Is it just me, or did the Portugese/Russian dudes look like they were inside an airplane? The window the looked out looked like a plane window and if I recall, the room was shaped like the inside of a plane.

Also, why was the book they looked in locked? That one dude unlocked the book/binder and looked something up and then went and entered something into the little computer they had. Any chance that they are the real reason that the EMF went away? Like they were monitoring the island to make sure things didn't get too bad again and if it did, they would override the source?

Not sure how that would fit in with having to call Penny though :confused:
wouldn't that be funny. the russians speaking portugese in brazil shut it down and desmond is sitting there waiting to turn the key for what he thinks is a noble purpose.

Damn. That was a long read.

The only thing my tired mind can say is I think the quarantine hatch lid was blown onto the beach because of the dynamite blast (not the magnetic force, which would have pulled it in not blow it out). That we saw go right up the shaft as Charlie crouched at the bottom of the shaft. Charlie's actions after. :shrug:
maybe when the magnet was sucking everything in, it sucked the cover of the hatch back into place? then it was blown off when Desmond or the fake russians with brazilians did their thing?

Which is probably what caused the hatch door to go flying off... kind of like the popping of a champagne cork.
I like the champagne cork theory. It fits.
Are you talking about the swan hatch? Because that hatch door was blown off well before the key was turned when Locke used the dynamite.
good point. why was the swan hatch door blown off if it was just laying on the side not covering anything? Must be from a different hatch or a different part of the hatch.
I think we covered this before. The theory is that Desmond turning the key caused an EM pulse which probably sent the metal door flying up in the air.
still not sure I buy that. but I have softened my stance a bit as I read more.

From Lost PodCast

"There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it"

:shock:

Any idea what it would be?

Let's discuss the Libby thing again...

She said her hubby's boat's name was Elizabeth, which was named after her (and I guess Libby could be short for Elizabeth).

WTF was she doing in tonight's episode?  ....and in the looney bin with Hurley...   ...and why was she on Australia, when Desmond wasn't.  He was seen with Jack after Jack's surgery.

THAT in and of itself is driving me crazy.
I'm guessing she was watching Desmond race in the boat her husband loved, which she gave Desmond, and he was racing "for love," then disappeared, made her crack. Which is where she met Hurley.

I'm still not sure how she became a flight attendant though.
I agree with this guy.
I agree as well. I think I posted the same thing right around the same time when we were discussing the Libby/Desmond meeting. I definitely think she slid into depression (thus going to the institution) because of her husband's death (1 month before meeting Desmond) leading to her giving Desmond the boat and then following the race and hearing that Desmond was lost/dead at sea.One note though. Libby was not a flight attendant. I think Brewdude is mixing her up with Cindy the tailie that got snatched before they got to the rest of the survivors. Libby has only said that she was a psychologist, which I think is true, but that was her profession before her life unraveled and she stalked a fat guy.
:doh: You are correct. Whatever happened to Cindy? She just disappeared on that trip and was never mentioned again...
Maybe we will see her in Season 3. I just hope that the Others peel away the charade since Jack et al know that they are faking it.
Do you think the Others will reveal their reason for remaining on the island to the "chosen 3"? Do you think the charade is to fool someone else?

From Lost PodCast

"There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it"

how about all of those hallucinations?

Why is Zeke the only guy with a beard? And why doesn't he just grow a beard?
in that picture with the other groping kate, two of the others helping Jack up have beards. not sure if they are fake or real. possible that Zeke leaves the island ocassionally for business with the outside world?

Season 2 LOST DVD will be released on October 3, 2006.
This means that season 3 will start LATE. They won't start it prior to the DVD being released. Maybe a 24 style season, Jan to May straight episodes.
i thought in the ABC network upfront they talked about that. they understood the viewers frustration with the new episodes being only in 2-3 epi spurts. so they will do something like 12 straight new episodes, followed by a short break (midseason replacement series), and then the rest will be new episodes.

I could believe Zeke is the leader before Henry at this point.
catching up on the :nerd: discussion ...For those who became embroiled in the Henry is the Leader debate, if he was the head honcho W(hy)TF would he be strolling in the woods alone and get captured in a lame French Chick net? If the theory is Henry was captured on purpose because they wanted a plant, why not use a more dispensible member?

The only thing my tired mind can say is I think the quarantine hatch lid was blown onto the beach because of the dynamite blast (not the magnetic force, which would have pulled it in not blow it out). That we saw go right up the shaft as Charlie crouched at the bottom of the shaft. Charlie's actions after. :shrug:
maybe when the magnet was sucking everything in, it sucked the cover of the hatch back into place? then it was blown off when Desmond or the fake russians with brazilians did their thing?
Why would it have to have been sucked back into place?

I could believe Zeke is the leader before Henry at this point.
catching up on the :nerd: discussion ...For those who became embroiled in the Henry is the Leader debate, if he was the head honcho W(hy)TF would he be strolling in the woods alone and get captured in a lame French Chick net? If the theory is Henry was captured on purpose because they wanted a plant, why not use a more dispensible member?
Because non of them are the master manipulator that Henry is.

That seemed to be an awful high and long distance for the hatch cover to travel if it was not get hit by the blast directly. If it was off to the side and the force came up out of the hatch, there is no way it flies up and out, it would fly sideways along the ground. There would be nothing to give it that lift. But, I am not aerospace engineer.

That seemed to be an awful high and long distance for the hatch cover to travel if it was not get hit by the blast directly. If it was off to the side and the force came up out of the hatch, there is no way it flies up and out, it would fly sideways along the ground. There would be nothing to give it that lift. But, I am not aerospace engineer.
Oh, I thought we were talking about it lifting off due to the reversed magnetism, not the blast.

Do you think the Others will reveal their reason for remaining on the island to the "chosen 3"? Do you think the charade is to fool someone else?
I don't think they will reveal it to the 3, but I think we will learn more about it from the behind the scenes things where we find out why they wanted those 3.

Oh, I thought we were talking about it lifting off due to the reversed magnetism, not the blast.
We were.

This means that season 3 will start LATE. They won't start it prior to the DVD being released. Maybe a 24 style season, Jan to May straight episodes.
i thought in the ABC network upfront they talked about that. they understood the viewers frustration with the new episodes being only in 2-3 epi spurts. so they will do something like 12 straight new episodes, followed by a short break (midseason replacement series), and then the rest will be new episodes.
From the podcast this week: six new episodes in the fall then a 12 week break and a clean run through the rest of the season.

No, it will still be Fall to Spring, but it just may start in October. This season started on September 21st, so take a way a few of the reruns and you can start it at the beginning of October. As someone mentioned they were going to break it into 3 (I think?) stretches of 7-8 episodes and have two breaks with either other programming or a few reruns at once. It wouldn't surprise me if they are tossing reruns all together to try and increase DVD sales (like 24 did). Shows like these make more money on DVD sales than ads (no I don't have a link, but pretty sure I read that somewhere), so no reruns means people without high speed internet access have to rent or buy the DVDs.

No, it will still be Fall to Spring, but it just may start in October. This season started on September 21st, so take a way a few of the reruns and you can start it at the beginning of October. As someone mentioned they were going to break it into 3 (I think?) stretches of 7-8 episodes and have two breaks with either other programming or a few reruns at once. It wouldn't surprise me if they are tossing reruns all together to try and increase DVD sales (like 24 did). Shows like these make more money on DVD sales than ads (no I don't have a link, but pretty sure I read that somewhere), so no reruns means people without high speed internet access have to rent or buy the DVDs.
A couple posts back down?

We were.
I don't think Gstrot was.

From the podcast this week: six new episodes in the fall then a 12 week break and a clean run through the rest of the season.
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. 12 week break. I predict page 50 as the Over/Under on Season 3 thread for the first complaint about having a 12 week break.Not sure if I like that format. I think 12 weeks is a long, long time, but it does speak to Hulk's note about 7 episodes (I would guess 6 now) at the Others camp before we go elsewhere. Almost like a mini-season at the Others camp.

We were.
He wasn't.

A couple posts back down?
No, opening a reply and not responding immediately down.More action in here this morning than the past few days.

I'm still trying to decide whether Henry and his crew are WITH the Hanso/Dharma folks or are against them. 

Henry said they were the good guys...so who are the bad guys?
The way I looked at that is that Dharma are the bad guys (playing all the mind games and psychological experiments) and the Others really are the good guys. The Others have figured out Dharma's game and are refusing to play buy it.The only thing that doesn't fit is Kelvin and Desmond refering to them as the "Hostiles". Really the Others haven't exhibited any real hostile behavior yet - they only fight when provoked. Sure, they go around kidnapping people - but we don't know why yet, and I have a feeling eventually we're going to find out that the kidnapped people are better off living with the Others than with the survivors.
Ethan was pretty hostile. Hung Charlie in a tree.

Thanks. I hadn't heard that. 12 week break. I predict page 50 as the Over/Under on Season 3 thread for the first complaint about having a 12 week break.Not sure if I like that format. I think 12 weeks is a long, long time, but it does speak to Hulk's note about 7 episodes (I would guess 6 now) at the Others camp before we go elsewhere. Almost like a mini-season at the Others camp.
That aligns well with what is talked about in the podcast. The mini season will have a cliff-hanger. Also....ahh...just go download and listen to it. Some juicy stuff in there about Desmond likely being alive...

If Walt/Michael are not around next season, it is somewhat disappointing Walt's "powers" were not more fully developed or resolved by the writers.

i caught up with both seasons in about 2 weeks' time. this thread's a mess.

1) a bunch of others and I apparently dont buy the claim that the EMF sucked in the plane because a) i guess planes are non-metallic or something and b) it didn't appear as though it sucked it any small metal items on the island so why bring down a plane?

2) Michael alleged that he had been previously told he wouldn't be returning but is now not sure (according to his appearance on the view). I don't give two shi*s about Michael but they better turn the stone on Walt's special abilities next year. Additionally, Michael's wife is one of the women that Sawyer screwed and I remember every one of them being hot so yeah, he has a hot wife.

3a) What happened that made Claire so warm to the baybay snatcher so soon?

3b) Next season has a lot of romance elements. Yuck.

4) The monster? It changes forms. Seems to make the most sense at the moment.

5) If you sign up to the fuselage.com forums, I'd say that the percent chance of any message you post to Terry O' Quinn (Locke) getting answered is about 90%....for those of you that are big fans of his. And Hurley has posted the most but so many people write him that he doesn't answer all of them. FWIW. Might be a honda but at this point there have been so many posts in here, it doesn't hurt to mention things twice.

From Lost PodCast

I'm thinking the same. Or maybe that bird thing?
Hulk, I thought you didn't buy all the hallucinations? ;) It would actually be cool to be right for once in a while. I wish I was still maintaining my list of telepathic/mind reading events from way back in the thread.

I definitely think that the black smoke monster is involved because it is the only thing that we have actually seen that was directly involved in the mind reading when we saw pictures from Eko's past inside the monster as they were in a stare down. We have no clue from where the whispers and dream sequences are conjured.

I still hold out a possibility that the smoke monster can take shapes and forms and may have taken Jack's father's shape when it lead him to the cave/water, the boar's shape when it was screwing with Sawyer and the horse's shape for Kate.

That could definitely not be the case, but I still go back to the first time anyone saw the monster. Take a look at the exchange below knowing what we know now, especially the smoke monster reading Eko's mind and all of the other hallucinations.

Jack How are they, the others?

Locke Thirsty. Hungry. Waiting to be rescued. And they need someone to tell them what to do.

Jack Me? I can't.

Locke Why can't you?

Jack Because I'm not a leader.

Locke And yet they all treat you like one.

Jack I don't know how to help them. I'll fail. I don't have what it takes.

Locke Why are you out here Jack?

Jack I think I'm going crazy.

Locke No. You're not going crazy.

Jack No?

Locke Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner. So, why are you out here?

Jack I'm chasing something. Someone.

Locke Ah. The white rabbit. Alice in Wonderland.

Jack Yeah, wonderland, because who I'm chasing... he's not there.

Locke But you see him?

Jack Yes. But he's not there.

Locke And if I came to you and said the same thing, then what would your explanation be, as a doctor.

Jack I'd call it a hallucination. A result of dehydration, post traumatic stress, not getting more than 2 hours of sleep a night for the past week. All the above.

Locke All right, then. You're hallucinating. But what if you're not?

Jack Then we're all in a lot of trouble.

Locke I'm an ordinary man Jack, meat and potatoes, I live in the real world. I'm not a big believer in magic. But this place is different. It's special. The others don't want to talk about it because it scares them. But we all know it. We all feel it. Is your white rabbit a hallucination? Probably. But what if everything that happened here, happened for a reason? What if this person that you're chasing is really here?

Jack That's impossible.

Locke Even if it is, let's say it's not.

Jack Then what happens when I catch him?

Locke I don't know. But I've looked into the eye of this island. And what I saw was beautiful.

Jack Wait, wait, where are you going?

Locke To find some more water.

Jack I'll come with you.

Locke No. You need to finish what you've started.

Jack Why?

Locke Because a leader can't lead until he knows where he's going.
It sure seems like Locke knew more about what Jack was seeing than he let on to and it was the week before this that Locke fell down when the monster was chasing them during the boar hunt and all we saw was him looking up at the monster and smiling/looking amazed.

3a) What happened that made Claire so warm to the baybay snatcher so soon?
nothing like a crisis to bring in some perspective. her fears for the baby's health, on top of the erratic behavior of charlie, meant that charlie was perceived a threat. now that he's been seen as reformed (eko's company would do that and locke being absorbed by the hatch) as well as genuinely concerned about the baby's health (he did give her the vaccine kit) he is seen as less threatening. the deaths of libby and AL would also help give her some perspective.

From Lost PodCast

I'm thinking the same. Or maybe that bird thing?
Hulk, I thought you didn't buy all the hallucinations? ;) It would actually be cool to be right for once in a while. I wish I was still maintaining my list of telepathic/mind reading events from way back in the thread.

I definitely think that the black smoke monster is involved because it is the only thing that we have actually seen that was directly involved in the mind reading when we saw pictures from Eko's past inside the monster as they were in a stare down. We have no clue from where the whispers and dream sequences are conjured.

I still hold out a possibility that the smoke monster can take shapes and forms and may have taken Jack's father's shape when it lead him to the cave/water, the boar's shape when it was screwing with Sawyer and the horse's shape for Kate.

That could definitely not be the case, but I still go back to the first time anyone saw the monster. Take a look at the exchange below knowing what we know now, especially the smoke monster reading Eko's mind and all of the other hallucinations.

Jack How are they, the others?

Locke Thirsty. Hungry. Waiting to be rescued. And they need someone to tell them what to do. 

Jack Me? I can't. 

Locke Why can't you? 

Jack Because I'm not a leader.

Locke And yet they all treat you like one. 

Jack I don't know how to help them. I'll fail. I don't have what it takes. 

Locke Why are you out here Jack? 

Jack I think I'm going crazy.

Locke No. You're not going crazy. 

Jack No?

Locke Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner. So, why are you out here? 

Jack I'm chasing something. Someone.

Locke Ah. The white rabbit. Alice in Wonderland. 

Jack Yeah, wonderland, because who I'm chasing... he's not there.

Locke But you see him?

Jack Yes. But he's not there.

Locke And if I came to you and said the same thing, then what would your explanation be, as a doctor.

Jack I'd call it a hallucination. A result of dehydration, post traumatic stress, not getting more than 2 hours of sleep a night for the past week. All the above. 

Locke All right, then. You're hallucinating. But what if you're not? 

Jack Then we're all in a lot of trouble. 

Locke I'm an ordinary man Jack, meat and potatoes, I live in the real world. I'm not a big believer in magic. But this place is different. It's special. The others don't want to talk about it because it scares them. But we all know it. We all feel it. Is your white rabbit a hallucination? Probably. But what if everything that happened here, happened for a reason? What if this person that you're chasing is really here?

Jack That's impossible. 

Locke Even if it is, let's say it's not. 

Jack Then what happens when I catch him?

Locke I don't know. But I've looked into the eye of this island. And what I saw was beautiful.

Jack Wait, wait, where are you going? 

Locke To find some more water.

Jack I'll come with you. 

Locke No. You need to finish what you've started.

Jack Why?

Locke Because a leader can't lead until he knows where he's going. 
It sure seems like Locke knew more about what Jack was seeing than he let on to and it was the week before this that Locke fell down when the monster was chasing them during the boar hunt and all we saw was him looking up at the monster and smiling/looking amazed.
Um, if the monster manifested itself in various forms witnessed by the losties, those were not hallucinations.I'm not claiming that Kate didn't see a horse. I'm claiming it was physically there, and not just in her own head.

We were.
I wasn't. But, I see the confusion.

Um, if the monster manifested itself in various forms witnessed by the losties, those were not hallucinations.

I'm not claiming that Kate didn't see a horse. I'm claiming it was physically there, and not just in her own head.
Gotcha, I thought your point was that it was a random horse, or at least I thought you said that. It is hard to figure out what to call these things, because even if the monster can physically become many shapes, the monster still possesses a mind reading ability. Again, as far as taking shape goes, it could be part physical and part mental projection or all physcical. Who knows, but I definitely think that based on the podcast comment, that the monster has a lot more to do with the dreams/visions/whispers that weren't generally attributed to it.

Hey, I wonder if the polar bear scenes were actually the same as Kate's horse. Didn't the writers say that it didn't attack Eko because he stood his ground? The first polar bear charged them until Sawyer stood his ground and shot at it. The polar bear that went after Walt ran away when Walt stopped being scared and stabbed it with Locke's knife.

Just thinking. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread