What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

What Walt said to Shannon in the tent was:

they're coming and they're close
Someone speculated on one of the message boards that he's speaking backwards due to the fact that there is different space in a time warp that distorts his speech, only he just doesn't know it. He is trying to warn the survivors.
He could have meant "they" as in Micheal, Sawyer, and Jin.
I was thinking this too.

There has been some speculation on whether or not AL shot Shannon based on the size of the wound....Looks more like a knife/machete wound....
We heard a shot fired and when they cut to her AL was pointing the obviously discharged weapon in Shannons direction.
I agree but it's an interesting thought when you look at the wound.And the fact that the gun is in the opposite hand at the cut. Probably just an error....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that Sayid saw Walt before Shannon did, based on the look on his face. Shannon moved back from their hug, saw the look on Sayid's face, and then turned to look at Walt. (all of this is based on my failing memory, so I could be wrong.)

Spoiler:

I also have seen some screen caps from another site that shows Shannon's wound up close and it appears that her wound is that of a stab wound and not a gunshot. The wound is vertical and long, like that of a large knife or machette. This would leave me to believe that someone else killed Shannon, and Anna shot at whomever may have stabbed Shannon. It just looked like Anna killed Shannon.

Also, another screen cap showed (and this just may be a continuity error) that Anna is holding the gun with her dominant right hand, but a screen shot looking at Sayid holding a dying Shannon, the person with a gun is holding the gun with their left hand.
Looks like the screen cap I am referring to is posted above this post

There has been some speculation on whether or not AL shot Shannon based on the size of the wound....Looks more like a knife/machete wound....
We heard a shot fired and when they cut to her AL was pointing the obviously discharged weapon in Shannons direction.
I agree but it's an interesting thought when you look at the wound.
We are clearly meant to believe it was AL. But perhaps a related question here, weren't we told by TV Guide or someone else that we wouldn't find out the "killer" for a few weeks? I was kind of surprised to see we found out immediately last night and I couldn't remember exactly why...

Some spoiler speculation on Cindy's disappearance below.

The Tailies and their new friends, Michael, Jin, and Sawyer, were hiking towards Forward-Section camp when they came upon a steep embankment. They began to scale the rise, dragging Sawyer (feverish from his gunshot wound) on a makeshift stretcher. Bringing up the rear of their little caravan were Libby and Cindy. Now here's where things get interesting: By the time they reached the top of the ridge, Cindy was gone, presumably ''taken'' by the Others. How did this happen?

With Libby's help.

I'm calling it: Libby's a plant. She's the Ethan of the Tailies' camp.

First off, go to the tape. Libby's the last one to interact with Cindy. And Cindy's carrying a large blue knapsack. By the time they've climbed to the top, Libby's carrying the knapsack. You're telling me she took the knapsack from Cindy and then proceeded to forget all about her? This is a ridge, not K-2 — you don't just ''lose'' people like that. Also notable: Cindy hands Libby a walking stick of some sort, just before we lose track of her completely. As this handoff takes place, we see a cavelike opening in the background, right where Cindy's about to pass. And it looks as if there's some sort of shape inside.

But here's my best evidence of Libby's treachery: Tonight, she told Sawyer she's a clinical psychologist. Well, who appears to have designed this tropical house of horrors, according to a certain orientation video? A team of clinical psychologists, that's who. Coincidence? What do you think? Is there such a thing as coincidence in the world of television drama? Consult the little Locke on your left shoulder (as opposed to the tiny Jack on your right).
Full Articlehttp://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,...77_3_0_,00.html

Sorry Shannon fans (including me).  According to imdb.com, Cindy is in the next 3 episodes.  It's looking more and more like Shannon's gone forever....
Probably, but I believe the next few episodes are going to follow the tailies after the crash, and won't feature any of the front enders.

I agree but it's an interesting thought when you look at the wound.And the fact that the gun is in the opposite hand at the cut. Probably just an error....
Frankly, the close up of the wound looks like a #####. I won't make any jokes about it being that time of the month though.

Sorry Shannon fans (including me).  According to imdb.com, Cindy is in the next 3 episodes.  It's looking more and more like Shannon's gone forever....
I didn't know this was still a debate. Spoiler:
Maggie Grace, who played Shannon, was "really awesome" about being written out of the show, says executive producer Carlton Cuse.

Her fate was decided early last spring, he says. "We had to negotiate her contract for this season, so she's known for a long time this was coming. But she was nothing but absolutely professional and completely tight-lipped and completely a team player in terms of going to events, doing interviews and participating as a full member of the cast without giving any indication that she was dying."

Pbbssttt....That isn't the real Walt. If it was, he surely wouldn't always appear with water streaming down his face. Remember there are several different Dharma projects going on. Clearly his image is being projected.

If you taped the show, please do yourselves a favor and watch the end. Shannon was stabbed. Sayid is cradling Shannon. Freeze frame it. A shadowy character is watching, holding a knife in his/her left hand. When Syaid stands and sees Ana, she is holding a gun in her RIGHT hand. And look at shannon's wound: it's a stb wound. Ana didnt kill Shannon.
I also found this. Can anyone verify either of the shadowy figures?

Tons of spoilers pulled from the ABC board. Again, only for the impatient:

Spoiler 18:The person that is killed is intentionally killed, although the reason will not be known to us immediately. This is not a LOST murder mystery though, it's more of a why'd they do it. The person who dies is a crash survivor. The person who kills them will not be revealed until the November sweeps week episode (of course). The network will dangle this information for a while to build anticipation. (Another "who shot JR" moment.) The full time-line is: Death in Episode 6. Rerun the following week. Then episode 7 which is mostly told in flashback from the tail-section point of view, but ends with a teaser of who killed ________. Then Episode 8 which reveals who the killer is. Look for this person to deceive everybody except for a select few.

"Abandoned" : Episode 2:6 : Episode Centric = Shannon

Sawyer's wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke's interest in Claire, on "Lost,"

A major female character dies in this episode. We know for sure it's not Claire, leaving Kate, Shannon, or Sun as the possibilities.

Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, David Ely as intern, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Ian Somerhalder as Boone, Lindsay Frost as Sabrina, Francois Guetary as Philippe, Ashleigh Ann Wood as Nora, Maree Miller as Sophie, Patti Hastie as nurse, Michael Cowell as doctor and Sandra Le Bat as Dominique.

Photo Preview:http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=755

"The Other 48 Days" : Episode 2:7 : Episode Centric = ANA-LUCIA

The entire seventh episode is devoted to the other survivors backstory, meaning we find out precisely what happened to them for the past month and a half they've been on the island. And I hear (don't read if you don't want to know!) their group has been tortured by the others. Some have been kidnapped and many killed.

This is going to be the "concept episode" the producer spoke of where we find out what happened to Ana Lucia from the moment she gets on the plane until the current time period....chronicaling her time on the island and what she has gone through the past 48 days along with the other tail-end survivors.

This episode will also feature her flashbacks to her life before the plane crash.

Episode 2.08: Old Habits : Episode Centric - CHARLIE

We find out in this episode who killed the main female character back in episode 6 and why. It is someone we know and love.

I found the post that made me think we weren't going to find out who the killer was right away. It was this one above. Who knows if there is any truth to the spoilers listed. I edited Hulk's original post because it was too long, and only included the parts that were relevant to this "killer" topic.

What was the point of all the Shannon and Boone backstories if they are both dead? I assume the survivors will over time learn about how their lives crossed each other to advance the plot line. With Shannon and Boone dead, how will their backstories contribute to the big picture connection?

Awesome episode last night.I always delete it from my Tivo. I should start keeping it to go back and see "the person in the shadows" and the cave.Is next week a re-run? That seems a little silly. Since the following week is the night before Thanksgiving.

What was the point of all the Shannon and Boone backstories if they are both dead? I assume the survivors will over time learn about how their lives crossed each other to advance the plot line. With Shannon and Boone dead, how will their backstories contribute to the big picture connection?
While we should look for coincidences in the back stories there could be an overriding factor... money. Jack has been in how many back stories so far? Also, Jack had involvement in money as well. Last night Shannon lost a lot of money. Boone gained money from the death. What other back stories had money involved? Hurley for sure. Walt and Michael did.What I am getting at is everyone appears to be involved in some kind of trouble but also have some impact on a larger sum of money. Maybe this "Lost" island is something they all signed up for unknowingly or maybe their parties who controlled money signed them up. What is DHARMA run on... money of some kind. Is this a reach? Yeah, but why focus on money so much in these back stories?

Yea i dont think shes dead...just a good twist...what a great start for the meeting btw the two halves.
She better be dead, a gut shot in the jungle, I don't care how good a doctor Jack is. Let me guess operating room in the hatch stocked with meds?

good riddance I say. She was a moody, petulant ##### and added very little to the story. The contrived love story on Sayid's part was pretty lame. Good episode though, I agree they are trying to make us believe it was AL. The look on Sayid's face was pretty when he apparently recognized AL was pretty evil.I am going to look back on Tivo to try to spot the cave/shadowy figure stuff.

Clearly his image is being projected.
Glad your avatar isn't....... :X
I dont get this, projected by what? Satelite or some far off laser projector? If these images are being projected they have to come from some video thing. No wires or nothing have been found. The voices are coming from somewhere because more then one person has heard them but who has seen Walt? Shannon has and who else? I dont think Sayid did although he could have seen the stabber instead.The only way I could see images being projected are through someones mind and this is quite possible. Being on an island for 45+ days we all would probably start to see things we were hoping for or wishing for or even things that we feared.

Is next week a re-run? That seems a little silly. Since the following week is the night before Thanksgiving.
No, they changed the timeline they originally had programmed. The episode we got last night was supposed to air 2 weeks ago initially. New episodes the next two weeks at least.

What was the point of all the Shannon and Boone backstories if they are both dead?  I assume the survivors will over time learn about how their lives crossed each other to advance the plot line.  With Shannon and Boone dead, how will their backstories contribute to the big picture connection?
While we should look for coincidences in the back stories there could be an overriding factor... money. Jack has been in how many back stories so far? Also, Jack had involvement in money as well. Last night Shannon lost a lot of money. Boone gained money from the death. What other back stories had money involved? Hurley for sure. Walt and Michael did.What I am getting at is everyone appears to be involved in some kind of trouble but also have some impact on a larger sum of money. Maybe this "Lost" island is something they all signed up for unknowingly or maybe their parties who controlled money signed them up. What is DHARMA run on... money of some kind. Is this a reach? Yeah, but why focus on money so much in these back stories?
Interesting.The do seem to focus on money or have/have not quite a bit in the back stories.

Sawyer's dad getting ripped off.

Michael and Walt's mom, him poor, her very rich.

Locke's and his dad.

Jin/Sun and her dad.

Parent/child interaction seems to be another theme as well.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to the show, so I haven't been following this thread from the inception. I'm interested in getting a handle of who we have on the island thus far:

The front-enders - currently at about 45 in number

The tail-enders - started at 29, now down to a handful (though some of the kidnapped may still be alive)

The Others - Not sure on the numbers, but likely significant if they can kidnap folks nine at a time. Not sure of their origin.

The Boat-Dudes - Looked like five or so of them. Could be affiliated with the Others as they were interested in taking Walt. But they look nothing like the clips of the Others we have seen. They were dressed decently. They had guns, a boat, and a fuel source. Origin unknown.

The French lady - Boat crashed and was marooned with her research team on the island. The rest of her team is supposedly dead, but her child may be alive in the hands of the Others (now probably around 16 years old).

The Rugby Guy (or was it soccer) - Crashed during a solo voyage. Was pulled into the bunker by a survivor of the Dharma team, who is now dead. Whereabouts currently unknown, but likely still alive.

Have I covered everyone?

If you taped the show, please do yourselves a favor and watch the end. Shannon was stabbed. Sayid is cradling Shannon. Freeze frame it. A shadowy character is watching, holding a knife in his/her left hand. When Syaid stands and sees Ana, she is holding a gun in her RIGHT hand. And look at shannon's wound: it's a stb wound. Ana didnt kill Shannon.
I also found this. Can anyone verify either of the shadowy figures?
Any chance that someone has found a screenshot of this "shadowy figure"? Please post if so!Keep up the solid commentary all.

good riddance I say. She was a moody, petulant ##### and added very little to the story. The contrived love story on Sayid's part was pretty lame. Good episode though, I agree they are trying to make us believe it was AL. The look on Sayid's face was pretty when he apparently recognized AL was pretty evil.

I am going to look back on Tivo to try to spot the cave/shadowy figure stuff.
You're crazy. I want more bikini shots of Shannon. Maybe they could put one on her corpse and prop her up in the hatch somewhere.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to the show, so I haven't been following this thread from the inception. I'm interested in getting a handle of who we have on the island thus far:

The tail-enders - started at 29, now down to a handful (though some of the kidnapped may still be alive)

The Others - Not sure on the numbers, but likely significant if they can kidnap folks nine at a time. Not sure of their origin.

The Boat-Dudes - Looked like five or so of them. Could be affiliated with the Others as they were interested in taking Walt. But they look nothing like the clips of the Others we have seen. They were dressed decently. They had guns, a boat, and a fuel source. Origin unknown.

The French lady - Boat crashed and was marooned with her research team on the island. The rest of her team is supposedly dead, but her child may be alive in the hands of the Others (now probably around 16 years old).

The Rugby Guy (or was it soccer) - Crashed during a solo voyage. Was pulled into the bunker by a survivor of the Dharma team, who is now dead. Whereabouts currently unknown, but likely still alive.

Have I covered everyone?
That's about it, and potentially someone from the Drug Plane could be there as well - or could be in another group above.

So now, instead of progressing the story, the writers are gonna give themselves some time to make up the next "story" and retell the other survivors. :rolleyes:I am getting impatient with this show.

Did anyone notice that early in the episode when Mr. Ecko comes back, Libby says "What about the children?" and then Anna Lucia says, "Libby!" in an annoyed kinda way like she doesn't want Mike, Sawyer, and Jin to know about them. I found it odd.

So now, instead of progressing the story, the writers are gonna give themselves some time to make up the next "story" and retell the other survivors. :rolleyes:

I am getting impatient with this show.
I think it's a great change-up. I suspect that what happened to the tail-enders is critical to the overall story arc.

Did anyone notice that early in the episode when Mr. Ecko comes back, Libby says "What about the children?" and then Anna Lucia says, "Libby!" in an annoyed kinda way like she doesn't want Mike, Sawyer, and Jin to know about them. I found it odd.
Actually, she says "Did you see the children?"

Did anyone notice that early in the episode when Mr. Ecko comes back, Libby says "What about the children?" and then Anna Lucia says, "Libby!" in an annoyed kinda way like she doesn't want Mike, Sawyer, and Jin to know about them.  I found it odd.
Actually, she says "Did you see the children?"
I was going from memory. Regardless, the odd part was not what she said, but how Ana Lucia reacted.

So now, instead of progressing the story, the writers are gonna give themselves some time to make up the next "story" and retell the other survivors. :rolleyes:

I am getting impatient with this show.
I think it's a great change-up. I suspect that what happened to the tail-enders is critical to the overall story arc.
Agreed. Not sure why you wouldn't want to know their backstory. :confused:

I just finished reading all of the latest (hidden) spoilers in the thread. Good info there.

I feel both elated and ashamed, as if I had just peeked inside the giftwrap of all the presents under the Christmas holiday tree a day early.

You can tell from the picture that Ana Lucia definitely fired her last bullet, since the slide on the gun was locked to the rear.The wound does look more like a stab wound than a gun shot wound though. A gun shot wound wouldn't have been as bloody that quickly.

Also interesting was AL's comment to Mr Ecko: "I liked you better when you didn't talk".....Could he have been a mute before the crash?

as far as right hand vs. left hand for AL holding the gun, when she is aiming it she is using both hands, after discharge I can see her releasing it with her right hand and holding it with her left hand - kind of to let the palm of her right hand "breathe"

Also interesting was AL's comment to Mr Ecko: "I liked you better when you didn't talk".....
Crazy thought but what if Mr. Ecko was a part of the Others or the Boat Crew? Has he said he was on the plane?
No, it hasn't ever been confirmed he was on flight 815, and there have been spoiler theories about him in this thread about where he possibly came from, if not flight 815.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to the show, so I haven't been following this thread from the inception.  I'm interested in getting a handle of who we have on the island thus far:

The Others - Not sure on the numbers, but likely significant if they can kidnap folks nine at a time.  Not sure of their origin.

The Boat-Dudes - Looked like five or so of them.  Could be affiliated with the Others as they were interested in taking Walt.  But they look nothing like the clips of the Others we have seen.  They were dressed decently.  They had guns, a boat, and a fuel source.  Origin unknown.

The French lady - Boat crashed and was marooned with her research team on the island.  The rest of her team is supposedly dead, but her child may be alive in the hands of the Others (now probably around 16 years old).

The Rugby Guy (or was it soccer) - Crashed during a solo voyage.  Was pulled into the bunker by a survivor of the Dharma team, who is now dead. Whereabouts currently unknown, but likely still alive. 

Dharma team - Supposedly dead, but could overlap with the Others or the Boat-Dudes. Could have been killed by a virus of some sort.

Drugrunners - Plane crashed on the island. At least one dead and likely the rest as well.

Have I covered everyone?
That's about it, and potentially someone from the Drug Plane could be there as well - or could be in another group above.
Good point. I'll add the "dead" groups.

Also interesting was AL's comment to Mr Ecko: "I liked you better when you didn't talk".....
Crazy thought but what if Mr. Ecko was a part of the Others or the Boat Crew? Has he said he was on the plane?
No, it hasn't ever been confirmed he was on flight 815, and there have been spoiler theories about him in this thread about where he possibly came from, if not flight 815.
Spoiler pics from next week's episode at Lost-Media.com explain a bit about him...

I think you're on the wrong track, mainly because
The are pictures of him from next week's episode coming out of the ocean with the other tailies, right after the crash

Would someone with Tivo, go back and watch the end with the captions on?The captions sometimes reveal what the whispers are saying. We know what Walt said, but I want to know what the other whispers said.I got a new TV recently, and I can't figure out how to turn captioning on :bag:

Someone speculated on one of the message boards that he's speaking backwards due to the fact that there is different space in a time warp that distorts his speech, only he just doesn't know it. He is trying to warn the survivors.
Nice work...where did you pick up what he said out of curiousity?edit: forget it...I really should read the whole thread first.
Which would also explain why Walt was soaking wet. From the rain later in the episode.

Would someone with Tivo, go back and watch the end with the captions on?

The captions sometimes reveal what the whispers are saying.

We know what Walt said, but I want to know what the other whispers said.

I got a new TV recently, and I can't figure out how to turn captioning on :bag:
It just says "ghostly whispers"

Nice work...where did you pick up what he said out of curiousity?edit: forget it...I really should read the whole thread first.
Which would also explain why Walt was soaking wet. From the rain later in the episode.
Very interesting.....like he can come back from the future and warn them....kind of like the whole "don't push the button" speech.....

Would someone with Tivo, go back and watch the end with the captions on?

The captions sometimes reveal what the whispers are saying.

We know what Walt said, but I want to know what the other whispers said.

I got a new TV recently, and I can't figure out how to turn captioning on :bag:
It just says "ghostly whispers"
Ah, that sucks.

Is next week a re-run? That seems a little silly. Since the following week is the night before Thanksgiving.
No, they changed the timeline they originally had programmed. The episode we got last night was supposed to air 2 weeks ago initially. New episodes the next two weeks at least.
The next 3 weeks are new episodes with one or two more in December...

Users who are viewing this thread