What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Wow. Found some more evidence to back up the speculation that the show takes place in the 2009/2010 timeframe. I don't know if people recall that from earlier in the year.

I will invisitext, because even though this evidence is built on stuff we've seen, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Evidence

Look at the poster in the far left of the shot.  The occupational therapy month poster.  Its got a year on it.  And, Walt is like 2/3 years old during this flashback.  Which would place the events on the island in the 2009/2010 timeframe.

This combined with ticket stub thing from oceanic-air dot com that dated the ticket as 2009 really make me think that the show is set in 2009/10.Stub
:goodposting:
Further evidence from the Oceanic Air website. When you are at the page to book a flight, look at the calendar thingie next to the departure date. The red dot showing September 22 shows that it's on a Tuesday. The only recent Tuesday, September 22nds are in the years 1987, 1992, 1998, and 2009

I know it's been discussed about Mr. Eko being a religious man.  But we also have to remember that small plane that Boone and Locke found.  I somehoe remember Locke saying that it was some Nigerian Drug Smuggling Plane or something like that.  Plus the fact that the drugs are in religious statues.  I think Mr Eko has something to do with this plane.  Nigerian Drug Smugglers...African accent...religious overtone...religious statues... I just think that he isn't as good as we're making him out to be.

Just a hunch.
Do you really believe that he went running out into the water when the tail of flight 815 hit? Because he came out of the water at the same time that Ana-Lucia did.
I don't think that we ran out into the water...I do think he was on the plane...i'm just saying that there might some weird connection.

About the "good people" the others took.

I don't necessarily think it was meant in reference to the person's nature.  It makes more sense to me that those people were "good canidates" for whatever experiments and what not is going on over at Other's central.

Then again, Goodwin clearly isn't mentally sound if he is one of the others anyway.  I question the judgement of people who snatch people in the middle of the night.
I disagree. Look at who was taken. Eko (hypothesized to be a priest, regardless has a good nature about him), 2 other tallies (nothing known about them), taillie children, Claire & Walt. I think they are taking "pure" people without sin. Now how Rose, Bernard, Libby, etc sinned, I don't know, but I'm sticking with this theory for now.
They took Charlie previously. I'm not sure he qualifies for the good person criteria.Also, they tried to take Eko because he is a big dude. Goodwin admitted that the initial strike's intent was to eliminate threats.
They took Charlie, because he was with claire. Not for charlie.

I don't necessarily think it was meant in reference to the person's nature.  It makes more sense to me that those people were "good canidates" for whatever experiments and what not is going on over at Other's central.

Then again, Goodwin clearly isn't mentally sound if he is one of the others anyway.  I question the judgement of people who snatch people in the middle of the night.
I disagree. Look at who was taken. Eko (hypothesized to be a priest, regardless has a good nature about him), 2 other tallies (nothing known about them), taillie children, Claire & Walt. I think they are taking "pure" people without sin. Now how Rose, Bernard, Libby, etc sinned, I don't know, but I'm sticking with this theory for now.
Claire had a child out of wedlock. That's not "pure" from a religious sense.
They took Claire to get the baby. Not for Claire herself.So my question, how did Goodwin get his clothes and shoes? If Ann lucia was right, did Bernard just happen to see him, is that why he came out so fast? Why does he have shoes?

Was the count right on how many survivors there were? I feel like it's off. Someone help me.

I think they infultrated the tallies before the rest of the survivors was because they had a smaller group. That made Goodwins job of analyzing them easier.

Ethan had a much larger group to work with, and was probably merged with them later.
Goodwin probably found some shoes/clothes strewn about in the jungle that he grabbed in order to help his cover before running out of the jungle for help to get Bernard.And couldn't it just be as simple as the Others camp is much closer to where the Tailies landed and that's why they targeted them first/more often?

They took Charlie previously. I'm not sure he qualifies for the good person criteria.Also, they tried to take Eko because he is a big dude. Goodwin admitted that the initial strike's intent was to eliminate threats.
They took Charlie, because he was with claire. Not for charlie.

Claire had a child out of wedlock. That's not "pure" from a religious sense.
They took Claire to get the baby. Not for Claire herself.So my question, how did Goodwin get his clothes and shoes? If Ann lucia was right, did Bernard just happen to see him, is that why he came out so fast? Why does he have shoes?

Was the count right on how many survivors there were? I feel like it's off. Someone help me.

I think they infultrated the tallies before the rest of the survivors was because they had a smaller group. That made Goodwins job of analyzing them easier.

Ethan had a much larger group to work with, and was probably merged with them later.
Goodwin probably found some shoes/clothes strewn about in the jungle that he grabbed in order to help his cover before running out of the jungle for help to get Bernard.And couldn't it just be as simple as the Others camp is much closer to where the Tailies landed and that's why they targeted them first/more often?
We are analyzing. We can never go for the simple! :P

I tend to agree with this.. Damn, so in Anna was responsible for 3 killings. Nathan, Goodwin, & Shannon. If she was never suspicious of Nathan, Goodwin probably doesn't kill him.
FWIW, Anna killed one of the Others on the night that they took 9 as well -- the girl that they got the List from.

We are analyzing. We can never go for the simple! :P
OK, Miss Locke is going to get into Claire's pants. :P Anway, I took a look and I am not sure where you got that from except that before last week's episode they (ABC) did advertise that Charlie was going to get upset at Locke's involvment with Claire. After watching the show I think that was just trying to mislead us like they did with Nathan.

As for last night's episode, it is definitely getting good. Not much to comment on after the 8 new pages except I like jplvr's note about how Ethan could have been trying to pretend to be Nathan from Canada.

I also agree with someone a few pages back that they could have drawn out this episode into 2 or 3 and still kept the intensity and kept everyone interested.

I still have no idea why Mr. Echo, with Jin by his side, was afraid of the Others, including the two kids he knew, that walked by when he was able to single handedly kill 2 others with a rock. I wish they went into more detail on that, but maybe that would give away too much on why Goodwin said that the people grabbed "are better off now". Something happens to the kidnapped people and I have no idea what other than it has to do with the Dharma disasters.

I may not be the first one with this theory, but I'm not going to read this entire thread.What if everyone actually died in the plane crash. The Island is purgatory. The "others" are angels and they are pulling people out of purgatory and taking them to hevan once it's their time. People that are getting killed, i.e. Shannon, her brother, etc. They are dieing a second death in purgatory and going to hell. The dude who was pushing the button inside the hatch was the ultimate purgatory, all he did for years was push a button every 140 minutes. He had no other good, or bad in his life, just the button.The voice that they hear in the jungle is god speaking.

I may not be the first one with this theory, but I'm not going to read this entire thread.

What if everyone actually died in the plane crash. The Island is purgatory. The "others" are angels and they are pulling people out of purgatory and taking them to hevan once it's their time. People that are getting killed, i.e. Shannon, her brother, etc. They are dieing a second death in purgatory and going to hell. The dude who was pushing the button inside the hatch was the ultimate purgatory, all he did for years was push a button every 140 minutes. He had no other good, or bad in his life, just the button.

The voice that they hear in the jungle is god speaking.
The producers have stated that this is not the case. Everyone is alive.

I may not be the first one with this theory, but I'm not going to read this entire thread.

What if everyone actually died in the plane crash.  The Island is purgatory.  The "others" are angels and they are pulling people out of purgatory and taking them to hevan once it's their time.  People that are getting killed, i.e. Shannon, her brother, etc.  They are dieing a second death in purgatory and going to hell.  The dude who was pushing the button inside the hatch was the ultimate purgatory, all he did for years was push a button every 140 minutes.  He had no other good, or bad in his life, just the button.

The voice that they hear in the jungle is god speaking.
The producers have stated that this is not the case. Everyone is alive.
Thanks for shooting me down. I put about 10 good minutes of thought into this theory. You ruined my day. :D

Another thing that I find some what intriguing is that Goodwin assimilated himself with the survivors within like 10 minutes of the crash. Which I find quite remarkable. It tends to give credence to the theory that the Others / Dharma actually caused the crash.Because, realistically if the crash was a random act then you gotta figure it would take some time for the Others to hatch a plan and get it in motion. Plus the fact that he had to be less than a mile from the crash site. His clothes were not the rags most of the Others seem to be wearing, therefore he already had his wardrobe planned or was damn lucky in finding a suitcase where stuff fit.To me just the whole timing of his joining the tailies has to give in to the fact that he was waiting for them.

Another thing that I find some what intriguing is that Goodwin assimilated himself with the survivors within like 10 minutes of the crash. Which I find quite remarkable. It tends to give credence to the theory that the Others / Dharma actually caused the crash.

Because, realistically if the crash was a random act then you gotta figure it would take some time for the Others to hatch a plan and get it in motion. Plus the fact that he had to be less than a mile from the crash site. His clothes were not the rags most of the Others seem to be wearing, therefore he already had his wardrobe planned or was damn lucky in finding a suitcase where stuff fit.

To me just the whole timing of his joining the tailies has to give in to the fact that he was waiting for them.
The Others all wear near the same thing. I think they moreless have uniforms. Where did their old clothes go? They have to be somewhere. The time elapse may be a llttle off but Goodwin did show up in day one.

Another thing that I find some what intriguing is that Goodwin assimilated himself with the survivors within like 10 minutes of the crash. Which I find quite remarkable. It tends to give credence to the theory that the Others / Dharma actually caused the crash.

Because, realistically if the crash was a random act then you gotta figure it would take some time for the Others to hatch a plan and get it in motion. Plus the fact that he had to be less than a mile from the crash site. His clothes were not the rags most of the Others seem to be wearing, therefore he already had his wardrobe planned or was damn lucky in finding a suitcase where stuff fit.

To me just the whole timing of his joining the tailies has to give in to the fact that he was waiting for them.
The Others all wear near the same thing. I think they moreless have uniforms. Where did their old clothes go? They have to be somewhere. The time elapse may be a llttle off but Goodwin did show up in day one.
The clothes they were wearing when they arrived on the island have likely worn out. I don't think they were wearing uniforms per se, but clothes that were made on the island.

Ana Lucia was talking with Goodwin before turning him into a shishkabob, she said he appeared within 10 minutes of the crash, and his clothes were dry. That is one of the signs that made her think he was not who he claimed to be.So it wasn't just day 1, it was like minute 10.

After re-watching the scene with Goodwin/Ana talking on the hill, I started thinking just how different the Goodwin is from Ethan. And of course how very different he is from the people on the boat that took Walt. Ethan was always very sinister and when he took claire and charlie he was somewhat being tracked by Jack/Locke. When the people from the Tail were taken, there was absolutely no sign of them. Plus Ethan never had the help of anyone else it seemed. They just jumped in and took the people from the tail section, however, it was up to Ethan to take Claire on his own. Probably nothing, probably over-analyzing on my part

The clothes they were wearing when they arrived on the island have likely worn out. I don't think they were wearing uniforms per se, but clothes that were made on the island.
Well, if they could continue to get food supplies (seen in the hatch) surely they could "order" some clothes if needed.

Ana Lucia was talking with Goodwin before turning him into a shishkabob, she said he appeared within 10 minutes of the crash, and his clothes were dry. That is one of the signs that made her think he was not who he claimed to be.So it wasn't just day 1, it was like minute 10.
What she said doesn't jive with the filming though. I went back and there were several people who were dry, including Ana herself. It appeared to be later in the day, regardless of what she said.

Well, if they could continue to get food supplies (seen in the hatch) surely they could "order" some clothes if needed.
What evidence is there that the others ever accessed the hatch?

True and clothes washed in a Whirlpool Duet Washer/Dryer won't wear out, especially not with Tide HE Liquid Detergetn. ;)

What she said doesn't jive with the filming though. I went back and there were several people who were dry, including Ana herself. It appeared to be later in the day, regardless of what she said.
I have to hide this because it is based on Anna's profession that was seen in some promo photos.
Anna got suspicious of Goodwin, especially when he let Nathan go, when she realized that he wanted to take the radio by himself and when she realized that he agreed with Nathan about staying on the beach to keep the signal fire going. In the promo photos we learn she was a cop, so something tells me she know how to interrogate/read people. That assertion about him being dry was a baiting technique and Goodwin bought it hook line and sinker.

Last edited by a moderator:
What evidence is there that the others ever accessed the hatch?
I think he is just kidding. I know I was.Actually, I don't think the Others did access the hatch or the bunker that the tailies found. The might have access to other hatches/bunkers we don't know about yet.

Watched the beginning just now and Ethan does not show up until the night of day 1 and is sleeping near Anna at the fire.  Goodwin is also sleeping near her at this same fire but on the other side.  Ethan was the first one to report to Anna about the missing people in night 1.  He went to the bathroom alone and was gone for 2 hours at which time he never told anybody where he was or what he did.  Ethan also did not try to convince Anna at all about him not knowing where the kids are and anything of that nature when he was in the hole.  Goodwin had to get rid of him because Ethan was a liability.  Why would we be shown Goodwin kill Ethan when we could have been left with Goodwin letting Ethan go and later finding out that Ethan was killed?  Until I am shown different it is in my belief that Ethan and Goodwin were both Others.
First of all, it's NATHAN.Second of all, you are trying too hard here. It's OBVIOUS that Nathan was a misdirection. He didn't talk in the pit because he didn't know anything. He obviously didn't know which way the beach was and had to ask. And why would Goodwin kill him? Seriously, he was NOT an other.
Here is a wacky theory I just came up with. The Stewardess (don't remember her name) is an Other that was planted on the plane to cause the crash. Remember how Ana said she did not remember seeing Nathan on the plane and then the stewardess quickly backed up her story saying that she did not remember seeing her either and that she is good at remembering faces. She was just trying to help divert all blame to Nathan which helped her and Goodwin. She knew the plane lost communication and was 2 hrs off course, mayber b/c IT WAS HER that caused it. As we know she disappeared last week very quickly, perhaps b/c she went back to the OTHERS. Stranger things have happened on this show. :yes:

:tinfoilhat:

Watched the beginning just now and Ethan does not show up until the night of day 1 and is sleeping near Anna at the fire.  Goodwin is also sleeping near her at this same fire but on the other side.  Ethan was the first one to report to Anna about the missing people in night 1.  He went to the bathroom alone and was gone for 2 hours at which time he never told anybody where he was or what he did.  Ethan also did not try to convince Anna at all about him not knowing where the kids are and anything of that nature when he was in the hole.  Goodwin had to get rid of him because Ethan was a liability.  Why would we be shown Goodwin kill Ethan when we could have been left with Goodwin letting Ethan go and later finding out that Ethan was killed?  Until I am shown different it is in my belief that Ethan and Goodwin were both Others.
First of all, it's NATHAN.Second of all, you are trying too hard here. It's OBVIOUS that Nathan was a misdirection. He didn't talk in the pit because he didn't know anything. He obviously didn't know which way the beach was and had to ask. And why would Goodwin kill him? Seriously, he was NOT an other.
Here is a wacky theory I just came up with. The Stewardess (don't remember her name) is an Other that was planted on the plane to cause the crash. Remember how Ana said she did not remember seeing Nathan on the plane and then the stewardess quickly backed up her story saying that she did not remember seeing her either and that she is good at remembering faces. She was just trying to help divert all blame to Nathan which helped her and Goodwin. She knew the plane lost communication and was 2 hrs off course, mayber b/c IT WAS HER that caused it. As we know she disappeared last week very quickly, perhaps b/c she went back to the OTHERS. Stranger things have happened on this show. :yes:

If they could get her on the plane, why wouldn't they just LEAVE the island?

Well they have a motor boat and they are STILL on the island. Maybe the island is their home base for whatever it is they do. Like I said it was a wacky theory I thought I'd share

My wife was wondering what the big deal was about The Others. In her opinion, they are not that awe inspiring, and the passengers have managed to kill off 4 of them between the two groups--including 3 with rocks or wooden spears.

My wife was wondering what the big deal was about The Others. In her opinion, they are not that awe inspiring, and the passengers have managed to kill off 4 of them between the two groups--including 3 with rocks or wooden spears.
The others seem to be pretty flimsy and die easily, before they can talk.

Here is a wacky theory I just came up with. The Stewardess (don't remember her name) is an Other that was planted on the plane to cause the crash. Remember how Ana said she did not remember seeing Nathan on the plane and then the stewardess quickly backed up her story saying that she did not remember seeing her either and that she is good at remembering faces. She was just trying to help divert all blame to Nathan which helped her and Goodwin. She knew the plane lost communication and was 2 hrs off course, mayber b/c IT WAS HER that caused it. As we know she disappeared last week very quickly, perhaps b/c she went back to the OTHERS. Stranger things have happened on this show.

:yes:

that's not bad, actually. although a pretty risky strategy.

I was thinking the same thing...I came into the new episode thinking I was going to see some kind of awesome power that the others had over the tail enders and I never really got that...was kinda disappointed.

Here is a wacky theory I just came up with. The Stewardess (don't remember her name) is an Other that was planted on the plane to cause the crash. Remember how Ana said she did not remember seeing Nathan on the plane and then the stewardess quickly backed up her story saying that she did not remember seeing her either and that she is good at remembering faces. She was just trying to help divert all blame to Nathan which helped her and Goodwin. She knew the plane lost communication and was 2 hrs off course, mayber b/c IT WAS HER that caused it. As we know she disappeared last week very quickly, perhaps b/c she went back to the OTHERS. Stranger things have happened on this show.

:yes:

Well they have a motor boat and they are STILL on the island. Maybe the island is their home base for whatever it is they do. Like I said it was a wacky theory I thought I'd share
They already explained the motor boat. When Sawyer and Michael were on the remnants of the raft (when the shark appeared), Sawyer mentioned that the boat that the Others had was not a sea going boat, which I agree with, the back part is so low to the water that any type of waves/weather would sink it. I think the writers put that in so that everyone would understand that it is something you might use to go around the island, i.e. could have been brought by Dharma when they were actively running the 6 sites and the fastest mode of transportation would be a boat going around the island rather than walking through the jungle.Also, it would make sense that Cindy knew about being off course because the Pilot said the same thing to Jack and Kate way back in Season 1.

My wife was wondering what the big deal was about The Others.  In her opinion, they are not that awe inspiring, and the passengers have managed to kill off 4 of them between the two groups--including 3 with rocks or wooden spears.
I was thinking the same thing...I came into the new episode thinking I was going to see some kind of awesome power that the others had over the tail enders and I never really got that...was kinda disappointed.
I agree, I still think there is more than meets the eye with the children. Walt has some sort of special powers that we have already seen and Claire's baby was obviously somewhat special since the psychic saw all kinds of visions.I have posted this so many times, but Echo and Jin could have done some damage to the 6? Others walking by them as they hid. We know that the little tailie boy with the teddy bear was among them and I would assume his sister was too. The other 4 looked to be girls or teenagers. Their legs didn't look stocky like the big guys on the boat or Ethan/Goodwin. I just kept thinking that there must be something too them and the tailie children that Echo wouldn't have just bum rushed the 4 others with Jin and grabbed the two kids.

I now have a new favorite character in Mr Echo. I mean the guy is pretty mysterious and is basically the tail-section's version of Locke. There is way more to that guy than we know as of now and I can't wait to learn more about him. He is obviously terrified of The Others despite the fact that he killed two of them with a rock. There must be more to learn about that situation.

I now have a new favorite character in Mr Echo. I mean the guy is pretty mysterious and is basically the tail-section's version of Locke. There is way more to that guy than we know as of now and I can't wait to learn more about him. He is obviously terrified of The Others despite the fact that he killed two of them with a rock. There must be more to learn about that situation.
:goodposting: I am a big fan of Mr. Echo now. Something tells me that he is going to end up saving the kids or give up his life to save them.

Just from his actions so far, going with Jin to protect him while finding Michael and not leaving Sawyer behind, he is on Jack's level (giving blood to Boone) of selfless.

I agree, I still think there is more than meets the eye with the children. Walt has some sort of special powers that we have already seen and Claire's baby was obviously somewhat special since the psychic saw all kinds of visions.I have posted this so many times, but Echo and Jin could have done some damage to the 6? Others walking by them as they hid. We know that the little tailie boy with the teddy bear was among them and I would assume his sister was too. The other 4 looked to be girls or teenagers. Their legs didn't look stocky like the big guys on the boat or Ethan/Goodwin. I just kept thinking that there must be something too them and the tailie children that Echo wouldn't have just bum rushed the 4 others with Jin and grabbed the two kids.
I think this is true. Mr Eko is not afraid of the others.....he's afraid of the children for some reason. He and Jin were hiding from them, not the others.

I now have a new favorite character in Mr Echo.  I mean the guy is pretty mysterious and is basically the tail-section's version of Locke.  There is way more to that guy than we know as of now and I can't wait to learn more about him.  He is obviously terrified of The Others despite the fact that he killed two of them with a rock.  There must be more to learn about that situation.
Locke & Echo = More black/white yin-yang type stuff :thumbup:

My wife was wondering what the big deal was about The Others.  In her opinion, they are not that awe inspiring, and the passengers have managed to kill off 4 of them between the two groups--including 3 with rocks or wooden spears.
I think this is true. Mr Eko is not afraid of the others.....he's afraid of the children for some reason. He and Jin were hiding from them, not the others.
That is the only problem with a TV show. We may have to wait until May/June (season finale) to get some good answers on this. I love the show, but hate waiting.You know the next few shows are going to be all about the internal wranglings of Anna killing Shannon, Kate fawning over Sawyer at his deathbed, Rose giving Bernard the candy bar, yada, yada, yada.

I wanna see the kids with laser beams on their heads shooting up stuff! ;)

That is the only problem with a TV show. We may have to wait until May/June (season finale) to get some good answers on this. I love the show, but hate waiting.You know the next few shows are going to be all about the internal wranglings of Anna killing Shannon, Kate fawning over Sawyer at his deathbed, Rose giving Bernard the candy bar, yada, yada, yada.

I wanna see the kids with laser beams on their heads shooting up stuff! ;)
That's frecken' laser beams......Edit to add: I can't use an "i" in that word?

Solid show this week. Too much wild speculation going on in this thread for me to participate much. So many off-the-wall ideas that don't have grounding that it is becoming difficult to wade through and find the decent posts.

Echo is one of the better characters. :boxing:
:yes: He's my favorite right now. Always does the right thing, even when he doesn't like it. He's the backbone that's been missing from the show.
Wheres the boat and its people?
:bye: :ignore:

Sidebar:   I did not realize (actually remember) that the actor that plays Michael was in the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies.

Harold Perrineau

Carry on.
Tank's brother, right?
Yeah, he took over for the guy from the first film. I read some stuff on it, really weird. There were fan sites that had stories of how the kid got screwed by the producers, but kind of made it seem like he was a little screwy and they dumped him. I definitely remember him in the movies.Frick. Just trying it for cabeel. It worked, how about fricken?

Edit to add: Huh? They both worked, you must be a bad typer! ;)

Sidebar: I did not realize (actually remember) that the actor that plays Michael was in the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies.

Harold Perrineau

Carry on.
Tank's brother, right?
Yeah, he took over for the guy from the first film. I read some stuff on it, really weird. There were fan sites that had stories of how the kid got screwed by the producers, but kind of made it seem like he was a little screwy and they dumped him. I definitely remember him in the movies.Frick. Just trying it for cabeel. It worked, how about fricken?

Edit to add: Huh? They both worked, you must be a bad typer! ;)
Must have been the ' I added on the end.Fricken'

Edit to add: Okay, I wonder what the heck I spelled in the first place!

Got it.....two I's

Quick question. Anyone remember anything that indicates how long Kate has been running from the law for?Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread