What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official MLB playoffs thread: 23 hour game exhausts all ball supplies (1 Viewer)

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
One last baseball post from me. 

I think baseball has a big problem they have to fix on the sign stealing stuff. These games are taking way too long and the catchers are getting crossed up way more which is causing passed balls. Everybody is becoming paranoid and it’s hurting the game.

They need some kind of wireless communication system like the NFL has.

Good series Sox fans. I thought the Astros were better coming in but you guys proved me wrong. Good luck!
I think I saw Jeter say once that the best teams make the playoffs, but the hottest teams win.

I don't know enough to say which team was better coming into the playoffs, but having guys like JBJ and Price step up really pushed the Sox over the top.

Just defensively, they are one of the best trios I've ever seen.  Benentendi is above average, Betts and JBJ are elite. 

Interested to see what they do in the NL park.  JD can play the OF pretty well but you'd have to think they put him at 1B or maybe move Betts to 2B, a position he originally played in the minors. 
I think they will sit Benny against lefties. Righties I'm not sure. . . .

Morbid curiousity... has any team ever eliminated two 100-win clubs in the postseason before? 
They posted a graphic on ESPN this morning that Boston was the third team to eliminate two 100 win teams before the World Series. Both other teams went on to lose the Series.

One last baseball post from me. 

I think baseball has a big problem they have to fix on the sign stealing stuff. These games are taking way too long and the catchers are getting crossed up way more which is causing passed balls. Everybody is becoming paranoid and it’s hurting the game.

They need some kind of wireless communication system like the NFL has.
Not sure how that would work since catchers typically drive the pitch calls and not the bench. Something definitely needs to be done about the length of games, I think there should be a pitch clock and eliminate the batter stepping out of the box between pitches and being allowed to call time. Perhaps if you speed up the time between pitchers it helps to solve the sign stealing issue.

Just defensively, they are one of the best trios I've ever seen.  Benentendi is above average, Betts and JBJ are elite. 

Interested to see what they do in the NL park.  JD can play the OF pretty well but you'd have to think they put him at 1B or maybe move Betts to 2B, a position he originally played in the minors. 
From the games I remember Boston playing in NL parks this year, I seem to recall they moved Mookie to CF and inserted Martinez in RF (With JBJ going to the bench). Not sure if that would be the strategy now, but that's what they did earlier in the season.

From the games I remember Boston playing in NL parks this year, I seem to recall they moved Mookie to CF and inserted Martinez in RF (With JBJ going to the bench). Not sure if that would be the strategy now, but that's what they did earlier in the season.
He played a couple games in LF too. Bradley is swing the bat much better than Benintendi. If I had to guess I would think it would be JD in LF unless there is some pitcher that Bradley has batted terribly against in his career

He played a couple games in LF too. Bradley is swing the bat much better than Benintendi. If I had to guess I would think it would be JD in LF unless there is some pitcher that Bradley has batted terribly against in his career
Bradley had 3 hits in the ALCS and batted .200. They just happened to be very clutch hits that drove in a ton of runs. He hit .167 against the Yankees and .234 on the season. Benintendi hit .208 against HOU and .286 against NYY. Generally speaking, Benintendi has been a better offensive producer that JBJ (and just missed a couple HR's against the Astros). Not sure how Cora will play it . . . he may have a different plan for each game in the NL based on how the series is going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julio is adequate in the OF when he was with Detroit....have not seen much of him at 1B.

Bradley had 3 hits in the ALCS and batted .200. They just happened to be very clutch hits that drove in a ton of runs. He hit .167 against the Yankees and .234 on the season. Benintendi hit .208 against HOU and .286 against NYY. Generally speaking, Benintendi has been a better offensive producer that JBJ (and just missed a couple HR's against the Astros). Not sure how Cora will play it . . . he may have a different plan for each game in the NL based on how the series is going.
In general, yes. But 2 of his 3 hits were home runs, and he had 4 walks. And he is the far superior defender. Moving Mookie to center, and JD to right,  weakens both positions quite a bit. Kinda wish they would play Mookie at 2B :bag:

I would probably put JD in left for Benintendi if they face the Dodgers, especially vs. Kershaw. Beni really can't hit lefties at all (.641 OPS for his career).

Watching JBJ patrol center field (best since Mays) is one of the great daily pleasures of being a Red Sox fan, but watching him hit day2day is excruciating, made worse by the occasional period where he sees the ball well for a few wks then sinks right back down. Mookie & Bogie have risen out of the hole that hitting coach Chili Davis put em in (working pitch counts til it creates indecision) but JBJ and Benintendi (who i thought would be Al Kaline comin up) haven't quite. Proud of em, tho. Go Sox!!!!

Really impressed with the Red Sox performance against what many thought was the best team in baseball.  They executed to near perfection on both sides of the ball.  To crush Houston in 5 games speaks volumes. The bottom of their lineup really came through.  Jackie Bradley seemed to summon is inner Big Papi.  As an Astros fan, I wish I could point to bad calls, etc but the Red Sox were clearly the better team.  Houston bats fell asleep and their aces didn't have their best stuff :kicksrock:  

Who were the Brewers ace starting pitchers before they took Miley and Gio off the scrap heap? Hard to believe they are 2 games from the series with those starters.

Who were the Brewers ace starting pitchers before they took Miley and Gio off the scrap heap? Hard to believe they are 2 games from the series with those starters.
Zach Davies (lotta DL time), Chase Anderson (not good) and Jimmy Nelson (didn't pitch this year), Brent Suter (out since June) and of course Chacin. Oh and they had Brandon Woodruff early too but he was pretty ineffective and went to AAA

Ok so these guys cant be bothered to run out grounders, but three guys will converge all the way to the side wall for a ball thats 100 feet into the stands in a freakin dome? 

Good call. It is night and day. Miley is from the buerhle, sale, suter school. Love those guys. Buerhle v sale was 1 hr 45minutes once i think.

ETA just looked it up 1 hr 54 min not 45.
Wood doesn't #### around either. Baez has gotten better but used to be soooo sloooooow. Like watching paint dry

Even though it would break Bucks heart, the Brewers would be stupid to use the almighty Hader tonight unless they get in serious trouble.

At least before the 9th

I find this series compelling and this game very entertaining. And yet, even though it’s Friday night, the time is 11:05, and the game is only in the 6th inning. No way I can make it to the end, so I’m probably checking out now, despite how much I’d like to keep watching 

Users who are viewing this thread