What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I mean...sheesh. What can you say.

Pearl Jam

10-17-14

iWireless Center

Moline, IL

I-L-L-...I-N-I.......

SETLIST

1.SMALL TOWN

2.SOMETIMES

3.HAIL HAIL

4.WHO YOU ARE

5.IN MY TREE

6.SMILE

7.OFF HE GOES

8.HABIT

9.RED MOSQUITO

10.LUKIN

11.PRESENT TENSE

12.MANKIND

13.IM OPEN

14.AROUND THE BEND

15.GIVEN TO FLY

16.INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE

17.CORDUROY

18.MIND YOUR MANNERS

19.BRAIN OF J

20.INFALLIBLE

21.EVEN FLOW

22.GONE

23.GARDEN

24.PORCH

ENCORE 1

25.IMPROV SONG ABOUT MOLINE

26.BEE GIRL

27.IMAGINE

28.IN HIDING

29.LIGHTNING BOLT

30.DO THE EVOLUTION

31.JEREMY

32.WHY GO

ENCORE 2

33.ERUPTION

34.ALIVE

35.####IN UP

36.YLB

Soulfly3 said:
How many of you did the 05 Canadian tour?

Was the best tour I ever saw them on and roadtripped following them from BC to quebec. Had to quit on the remaining east coast tour for work, but was one the best things I ever did in life.

Eta; off memory we had to drove directly after Winnipeg to Thunder Bay and then directly down to kitchener after TB.

Google map that for an idea of that trek. After shows. And high / drunk off our rockers. What a bender.
I was at Montreal, great show. The Harvest Moon tour. :) Really miss that city too.

Pearl Jam

10-17-14

iWireless Center

Moline, IL

I-L-L-...I-N-I.......

SETLIST

1.SMALL TOWN

2.SOMETIMES

3.HAIL HAIL

4.WHO YOU ARE

5.IN MY TREE

6.SMILE

7.OFF HE GOES

8.HABIT

9.RED MOSQUITO

10.LUKIN

11.PRESENT TENSE

12.MANKIND

13.IM OPEN

14.AROUND THE BEND

15.GIVEN TO FLY

17.CORDUROY

18.MIND YOUR MANNERS

19.BRAIN OF J

20.INFALLIBLE

21.EVEN FLOW

22.GONE

23.GARDEN

24.PORCH

ENCORE 1

26.BEE GIRL

27.IMAGINE

28.IN HIDING

29.LIGHTNING BOLT

30.DO THE EVOLUTION

31.JEREMY

32.WHY GO

ENCORE 2

33.ERUPTION

34.ALIVE

35.####IN UP

36.YLB
Pretty tough to beat that set. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. If you think hard...this is a band that is really coming into its prime in terms of a mastery of the music. It is hard to believe that Pearl jam could get a better rep as a top live act, but s^it like this makes you wonder.

Pearl Jam

10-17-14

iWireless Center

Moline, IL

I-L-L-...I-N-I.......

SETLIST

1.SMALL TOWN

2.SOMETIMES

3.HAIL HAIL

4.WHO YOU ARE

5.IN MY TREE

6.SMILE

7.OFF HE GOES

8.HABIT

9.RED MOSQUITO

10.LUKIN

11.PRESENT TENSE

12.MANKIND

13.IM OPEN

14.AROUND THE BEND

15.GIVEN TO FLY

17.CORDUROY

18.MIND YOUR MANNERS

19.BRAIN OF J

20.INFALLIBLE

21.EVEN FLOW

22.GONE

23.GARDEN

24.PORCH

ENCORE 1

26.BEE GIRL

27.IMAGINE

28.IN HIDING

29.LIGHTNING BOLT

30.DO THE EVOLUTION

31.JEREMY

32.WHY GO

ENCORE 2

33.ERUPTION

34.ALIVE

35.####IN UP

36.YLB
Pretty tough to beat that set. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. If you think hard...this is a band that is really coming into its prime in terms of a mastery of the music. It is hard to believe that Pearl jam could get a better rep as a top live act, but s^it like this makes you wonder.
It is hard to believe. Before Avocado came out I was thinking they were headed into decline. Then they put out 3 great albums IMO and these tours have been epic. Really wish I'd gotten tickets to more shows this time around.

Can we get a fave 'underrated' live track from PJ?

Without doubt Present Tense kills it for me... When the crowd gets into the vocals, I get shivers and Im near my 40th PJ show. Does. Not. Get. Old.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pearl Jam

10-17-14

iWireless Center

Moline, IL

I-L-L-...I-N-I.......

SETLIST

1.SMALL TOWN

2.SOMETIMES

3.HAIL HAIL

4.WHO YOU ARE

5.IN MY TREE

6.SMILE

7.OFF HE GOES

8.HABIT

9.RED MOSQUITO

10.LUKIN

11.PRESENT TENSE

12.MANKIND

13.IM OPEN

14.AROUND THE BEND

15.GIVEN TO FLY

17.CORDUROY

18.MIND YOUR MANNERS

19.BRAIN OF J

20.INFALLIBLE

21.EVEN FLOW

22.GONE

23.GARDEN

24.PORCH

ENCORE 1

26.BEE GIRL

27.IMAGINE

28.IN HIDING

29.LIGHTNING BOLT

30.DO THE EVOLUTION

31.JEREMY

32.WHY GO

ENCORE 2

33.ERUPTION

34.ALIVE

35.####IN UP

36.YLB
Man. Smile and Red Mosquito in the same show? That is so awesome. Throwing in Off He Goes and Given to Fly is just unfair. :thumbup:

Without doubt Present Tense kills it for me... When the crowd gets into the vocals, I get shivers and Im near my 40th PJ show. Does. Not. Get. Old.

off he goes

Always liked Of the Girl as an opener.I miss You Are with the lasers and fog, very cool atmospheric kind of tune.

In the Present Tense vein: Inside Job.

Also a fan of Blood, Masters of War, and Faithfull.

Two of my favorite covers are The Real Me and Mother.

Deep sleeper: Rival. I wonder if they'll ever play that one again.

Memphis lands at #12 on my list. Charlottesville unlikely to get toppled unless I get a Moline type of show.

1. Charlottesville 10/29/2013

2. E. Rutherford 6/3/2006

3. Philly 10/3/2005

4. Atlanta 8/7/2000

5. Greensboro 8/6/2000

6. DC 5/30/2006

7. Spectrum 10/31/2009

8. Houston 10/14/2000

9. Seattle 12/5/2002

10. Montreal 9/15/2005

11. MSG 6/25/2008

12. Memphis 10/14/2014

13. VA Beach 6/17/2008

14. Albany 5/12/2006

15. MSG 6/24/2008

16. Camden 5/27/2006

17. Houston 10/15/2000

18. Seattle 12/6/2002

19. Charlotte 10/30/2013

20. Charlotte 8/4/2000

21. Charlotte 4/16/2003

22. DC 6/22/2008

23. E Rutherford 6/4/2006

24. Music Midtown 9/22/2012

25. Nashville 8/6/2000

26. Asheville 10/6/2004

McGarnicle said:
26. Asheville 10/6/2004
What? Best Pearl Jam show in Asheville ever. Living here, we were quite excited. I think ol' Eddie was sick that night. But we did see Tim Robbins sing.
Worst thing ever happened to me that night. They literally had a mentally challenged boy working security, and he pointed to me as someone who was rushing to the rail to see McCready as he walked offstage. I had not a say in the matter, and next thing I know, I'm in the parking lot and I can barely hear the music inside. The little ####bird's dad was the sheriff or whatever, so I was forcefully walked out. I still refuse to go back to that ####bird town and I hope the Biltmore gets destroyed by a tornado.And Tim Robbins is a tool and his band sucked.

McGarnicle said:
26. Asheville 10/6/2004
What? Best Pearl Jam show in Asheville ever. Living here, we were quite excited. I think ol' Eddie was sick that night. But we did see Tim Robbins sing.
Worst thing ever happened to me that night. They literally had a mentally challenged boy working security, and he pointed to me as someone who was rushing to the rail to see McCready as he walked offstage. I had not a say in the matter, and next thing I know, I'm in the parking lot and I can barely hear the music inside. The little ####bird's dad was the sheriff or whatever, so I was forcefully walked out. I still refuse to go back to that ####bird town and I hope the Biltmore gets destroyed by a tornado.And Tim Robbins is a tool and his band sucked.
Sounds like security did their job.

McGarnicle said:
26. Asheville 10/6/2004
Then you're as clueless as they were because they were ejecting people for no reason all night. They were unprepared from the start and acted like Pearl Jam was Marilyn Manson or something, and the evil teenagers would eat the town. Bunch of hayseeds.

McGarnicle said:
26. Asheville 10/6/2004
Then you're as clueless as they were because they were ejecting people for no reason all night. They were unprepared from the start and acted like Pearl Jam was Marilyn Manson or something, and the evil teenagers would eat the town. Bunch of hayseeds.
I do agree, the Civic Center was not exactly prepared for the Pearl Jams. Its not every day here in Hickville that we get a band so popular. Looking at your list of shows, there is definitely some crossover (did you get up the FBG's in Philly?). I was at Charlotte last year, but not Charlottesville. Maybe I'm just bitter.

McGarnicle said:
26. Asheville 10/6/2004
I do agree, the Civic Center was not exactly prepared for the Pearl Jams. Its not every day here in Hickville that we get a band so popular. Looking at your list of shows, there is definitely some crossover (did you get up the FBG's in Philly?). I was at Charlotte last year, but not Charlottesville. Maybe I'm just bitter.
:lol: was just an awful experience which I'm sure doesn't reflect on the town.Charlotte last year was a great show. Suffers by comparison to the night before which is a shame. Awesome setlist.

I guess they are getting bored. Might as well play some Yield tonight.

Pearl Jam

10-20-14

BMO Harris Bradley Center

Milwaukee, WI

SETLIST

1.PENDULUM

2.MIND YOUR MANNERS

3.CORDUROY

4.LIGHTNING BOLT

5.BABA

6.BRAIN OF J

7.FAITHFULL

8.NO WAY

9.GIVEN TO FLY

I guess they are getting bored. Might as well play some Yield tonight.

Pearl Jam

10-20-14

BMO Harris Bradley Center

Milwaukee, WI

SETLIST

1.PENDULUM

2.MIND YOUR MANNERS

3.CORDUROY

4.LIGHTNING BOLT

5.BABA

6.BRAIN OF J

7.FAITHFULL

8.NO WAY

9.GIVEN TO FLY
Yep they're playing the whole album. Unbelievable.

I was lucky enough to have gone last night. Crowd was nuts and the band was primed. The only downside was that he did not bring Rodgers up on the stage to sing. The highpoint for me (behind hearing Yield in its entirity) was 'I Wont Back Down' followed closely by the early surprise Baba that they threw in there.

I guess I don't have to go to any concerts for a while now....it will be tough for anyone to top that.

yield is an amazing album

wouldnt be mad
For sure. But why? Why was St. Paul the crappy white stuff between the Oreo cookies? Why not save Yield for next tour? Are they announcing something soon re: No Code and Yield?
those would be the next two to get remastered since Vs. and Vitalogy were done last. :shrug:
Very gimmicky and un-PJ like to do a blatant tie-in like that though. Should have let Moline stand on its own IMO.

wouldnt be mad
For sure. But why? Why was St. Paul the crappy white stuff between the Oreo cookies? Why not save Yield for next tour? Are they announcing something soon re: No Code and Yield?
those would be the next two to get remastered since Vs. and Vitalogy were done last. :shrug:
Very gimmicky and un-PJ like to do a blatant tie-in like that though. Should have let Moline stand on its own IMO.
The more I think about this, I agree. At least stand alone til next tour.

wouldnt be mad
The more I think about this, I agree. At least stand alone til next tour.
I think it's more like having to fulfill the expectations of mixing it up during the live shows.

Bobcat10 said:
Soulfly3 said:

wouldnt be mad
I loved the set list in St. Paul. :shrug:

Between Lincoln, Moline and St. Paul, I felt like I got three totally different experiences. Can't ask for any more than that.

Bobcat10 said:
Soulfly3 said:

wouldnt be mad
I loved the set list in St. Paul. :shrug:

Between Lincoln, Moline and St. Paul, I felt like I got three totally different experiences. Can't ask for any more than that.
I agree 100% with your post. PJ rarely has a bad set list. That's why they are awesome. They always change things up. I'm not saying St. Paul was a bad show by any means. Just by eyeing it, it wouldn't be a favorite of mine (due to MYM, Fixer, Last Kiss knocking it down the ranks)....but I guarantee you if I was there I'd have said it was a great show. I don't think I've seen a bad show in 25 chances. I brought St. Paul into the discussion only because it sat in the middle of two rare occurrences.

When Moline was happeing, I'm thinking this is easily on the EPIC list of PJ shows. That just doesn't happen. It's about as rare a feat as you can get with them. We're talking <1% of shows ever...and that's being generous I think. Besides debuting a song never played, what is more rare than Moline? And it was Moline. Then St. Paul...just a regular (awesome) PJ show. Then, that near impossible occurrence happens again in Milwaukee, within days of Moline. Cheapened it a little IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'd have killed to be at either of those shows (and I'm sure alot of people were at both, another negative factor IMO).

One of my buddies that went to Detroit was at Milwaukee...I kinda gave him the push to go to Milwaukee because he was having a tough time deciding. He agrees with this sentiment 100%.

I'd like to know what happened here and someday I'm sure they'll talk about it. That's all.

WTF, who doesnt like the cream in the middle of an oreo

That is the only reason to eat the damn thing imo
seriously"crappy white stuff"? nobody buys Oreos for the cookies.
No lie, not a fan of the cream.

The cookies however... breathtaking.

But as a whole theyre pretty righteous
yeah, but you're like, Canadian. I was referring to real people.
Oreo cookies are best dunked in milk. The cookie part transforms into greatness while the filling pretty much stays the same. It's like frosting to me and I'm not a huge fan of most frosting types.

WTF, who doesnt like the cream in the middle of an oreo

That is the only reason to eat the damn thing imo
seriously

"crappy white stuff"? nobody buys Oreos for the cookies.
No lie, not a fan of the cream.

The cookies however... breathtaking.

But as a whole theyre pretty righteous
yeah, but you're like, Canadian. I was referring to real people.
fat americans... typical :lol:

seriously tho... the cookie makes an oreo

Users who are viewing this thread