What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Late comments since I was out of town last week, but the St. Paul show was awesome. I think I'd rate it as the 3rd best show I've seen, at least the 3rd most memorable.

My wife who is not a PJ fan came with which I was worried about, but she actually enjoyed it (she listens to country primarily, and pop, so this is not her thing at all).

Got to go to Memphis, Denver and the 2nd night of Bridge. Good stuff. I knew I should've gone to Detroit and Moline and I tried but it was not to be. Cool to see how many here saw them. :thumbup: Enjoyed the reviews.

FYI the Boom/Mike jam at 4:00 on Crazy Mary is pretty strong.... possibly the highlight of the Memphis show for me.

I only listened a couple of minutes on a couple tracks but Eddie sounded kinda tired. Maybe it was just me.

Actually more like a head cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only listened a couple of minutes on a couple tracks but Eddie sounded kinda tired. Maybe it was just me.

Actually more like a head cold.
Yeah, he said something about shaking too many hands at Austin City Limits or something. He was sick. Said he was dreading going into "work", but that the Memphis crowd picked him back up. He ended up digging it but definitely wasn't at his best.

So here’s a shot at a full fledged review. I’m on a shotty airport connection right now, so I’m typing into word and posting as I go.

I fly into Midway with a backpack and a bag chair on my arm. I decided to use my Hilton points and get a room by the airport so I could get some good sleep before my 6:30 flight the next day as apposed to sleeping in the airport (my original plan). So anyway, I drop my bag off and hop on the train to go down to the show.

I arrive at the venue around 12:00 and I took my seat about the 100th place in line. I saw tons of people with signs ranging from “Fan Club member needs ticket” to “will ______ for ticket.” The guy next to me was a lawyer from Chicago, and he gives me the lowdown on the venue and where he plans on trying to stand (which came in handy later).

So at this point, as I’ve built some trust with this guy I ask him if he’ll watch my spot while I go grab a sammich, and he obliged. Get back in line and just start chatting with some others around me and the rumors start to fly about who will open (Ben Harper, Mike Watt, etc.)

The lawyer gets a call on his phone and said he has confirmation that Eddie will in fact open and that the venue secured a 1:00 am curfew :football: At this point I started to get pumped. TU touched down around 2:00 and told me he was heading to the hotel and then would meet me at the venue. At this point things were getting sketchy in line b/c the venue and the fan club were walking around telling people all sorts of stuff about how they were going to disburse the wristbands, and that it might happen before 4:00, etc. So I called TU to let him know that he might want to stop here bfore the hotel just so we’ll get the wristbands…and I’ll hold our place in line so he can drop his stuff off. He obliges and arrives around 3:00……we end up getting our wristbands around 4:30 and then he takes off for the hotel and I continue to chill in line with the rest of the fans.

For anyone who is familiar with PJ shows, you know that the posters are a hot commodity. So b/w the 4 of us (me, TU, lawyer guy, and his friend) we develop a strategy that we’ll head straight for the front row of the 2nd level and then go 2x2 to get the posters. Doors open around 7:15 and we do just that. To set the scene, the Vic is a very small theatre…the type of place you would see a play. Directly in front of the stage is a lowered pit that goes about 10 rows deep. Following that is a slightly raise level of about 10 rows deep and then another one. We ended up on the front row of that 2nd level against the railing. Ended up being a prime spot b/c the place was so packed. If you weren’t in one of the front rows of any of the levels, you were going to sweat your nuts off the entire night. So TU and lawyer went to get the poster and people started to file in behind us, getting pissed when we said we were saving the sots. Needless to say we didn’t leave to get our posters at that time.

During this time we get the drunkest, most annoying douchebags that you could ever imagine being behind you at a concert. Just typical, “I’m drunk and need to let everyone around us know it.” Some of these guys were Chicago guys and some were NYC so there was lots of J.E.T.S chants and cubs chants.

So Ed comes out around 8:15 or so and plays Trouble (Cat Stevens cover). He stops after the first verse b/c everyone was taking pictures, so he kindly asks us to stop. Ends fun finishing the song strongly. He then starts talking about the cubs and this solicits some boos and cheers. Of course the loudest came from the DBs behind us. Ed states that he wrote “ A song about the cubs that you can sing while drinking beer……(cheers & boos)….so even if you don’t like the cubs, I think everyone here enjoys beer.”

Guy behind us yells “I’m drinking beer right now!” which was pretty funny in that “I can’t believe he would actually say that” sort of thing.

Ed closes his set with Dead Man and Pictures in a Frame. Solid stuff.

More to come later

So PJ comes n around 9 or so and kicks it off with All or None, which was a really solid opener – lots of crowd singalong setting the stage for a good night. After the song TU tells me “I’ve got a feeling we’re going to see a lot of weird stuff “ or sometng to that effet.
On cue, they bust into Education, which they rarely play live. Sad (from Lost Dogs) is next which was really kick ###. Mike is just tearing it up on the first 3 songs btw, just looks like a kid in a candy store, jumping around going crazy on the solos.

They play the first notes to “In Hiding” and everyone goes nuts. This is a great song to singalong to, and the crowd is really pumped up now. They play solidly through Parachutes, I'm Open and Wishlist before playing B-sides Down & Undone, which really got the crowd going, followed by Off He Goes which was a nice tempo change.

Then came the opening notes to “Hard to Imagine” :goodposting: One of the rarest songs PJ has, only played live less than 5x IIRC. Exchanged the ‘Things were different then, always different then….’ Line with the crowd which was absolutely increadible.

God’s Dice and a kick ### Worldwide Suicide followed……then the opening notes to “Rats” and the place when nuts (another rarity live). Gone is excellent live (first time I’ve heard this) and after that, Eddie audibiles by running to each band member and mouthing the words “Why Go”. Which closed that first set.

At this point, everyone kinda looks around in awe of that se and wondering what they will come up with next. Ed comes out to play “No More” the war song that he’s been playing lately. Then came Inside Job, which is my fav song off of Avocado, so I was pumped. Lowlight was great as well…….but then came the highlight of the show.

Boom started playing a few notes and TU looks at me and goes “Reign Oer Me” :football: Well Boom just nails the opening piano intro which literally gave me goosebumps. PJs cover of that song might be the single best cover I have ever heard; which says a lot b/c PJ covers a lot of songs very well. The way Ed hits that screech is just sick.
After a few minute break, they come out again and Ed starts telling a story about a friend of theirs who did some work with Soundgarden, “Uncle Neil” and now Ben Harper. They end up dedicated the song to them. Mike and Stone start to jam a little and nobody really knows what they’re playing. It’s clear that Matt is trying to sing something, but they can’t get the timing right. They end up stopping and Mike gets up and says something like “We’re trying to play a KISS song, give us a minute.” They end up getting it right and TU explains to me that Paul Staley (KISS Drummer) originally sang Black Diamond, that’s why Matt was singing.

A kick ### Comatose and Sonic Reducer follow.

After another break, Ed comes out and says they ran into a friend back stage….and proceds to introduce Ben Harper to play the best Indifference that I’ve ever heard.

All in all, an extremely solid show……which was truly built for the fans. I honestly expected them to play longer, but I wasn’t disappointed by any means.

After the show I ended up getting my poster, so I was happy. TU and I went to a bar around the corner and drank some $1 Bud Lights for about an hour or so before going home.

Also, I forgot to mention that Chuck Cecil stopped by while we were waiting in line before the show.

Great night :headbang:
RIP TU. :cry:

Gonna have to listen to this show tonight in your memory. :banned:

So here’s a shot at a full fledged review. I’m on a shotty airport connection right now, so I’m typing into word and posting as I go.

I fly into Midway with a backpack and a bag chair on my arm. I decided to use my Hilton points and get a room by the airport so I could get some good sleep before my 6:30 flight the next day as apposed to sleeping in the airport (my original plan). So anyway, I drop my bag off and hop on the train to go down to the show.

I arrive at the venue around 12:00 and I took my seat about the 100th place in line. I saw tons of people with signs ranging from “Fan Club member needs ticket” to “will ______ for ticket.” The guy next to me was a lawyer from Chicago, and he gives me the lowdown on the venue and where he plans on trying to stand (which came in handy later).

So at this point, as I’ve built some trust with this guy I ask him if he’ll watch my spot while I go grab a sammich, and he obliged. Get back in line and just start chatting with some others around me and the rumors start to fly about who will open (Ben Harper, Mike Watt, etc.)

The lawyer gets a call on his phone and said he has confirmation that Eddie will in fact open and that the venue secured a 1:00 am curfew :football: At this point I started to get pumped. TU touched down around 2:00 and told me he was heading to the hotel and then would meet me at the venue. At this point things were getting sketchy in line b/c the venue and the fan club were walking around telling people all sorts of stuff about how they were going to disburse the wristbands, and that it might happen before 4:00, etc. So I called TU to let him know that he might want to stop here bfore the hotel just so we’ll get the wristbands…and I’ll hold our place in line so he can drop his stuff off. He obliges and arrives around 3:00……we end up getting our wristbands around 4:30 and then he takes off for the hotel and I continue to chill in line with the rest of the fans.

For anyone who is familiar with PJ shows, you know that the posters are a hot commodity. So b/w the 4 of us (me, TU, lawyer guy, and his friend) we develop a strategy that we’ll head straight for the front row of the 2nd level and then go 2x2 to get the posters. Doors open around 7:15 and we do just that. To set the scene, the Vic is a very small theatre…the type of place you would see a play. Directly in front of the stage is a lowered pit that goes about 10 rows deep. Following that is a slightly raise level of about 10 rows deep and then another one. We ended up on the front row of that 2nd level against the railing. Ended up being a prime spot b/c the place was so packed. If you weren’t in one of the front rows of any of the levels, you were going to sweat your nuts off the entire night. So TU and lawyer went to get the poster and people started to file in behind us, getting pissed when we said we were saving the sots. Needless to say we didn’t leave to get our posters at that time.

During this time we get the drunkest, most annoying douchebags that you could ever imagine being behind you at a concert. Just typical, “I’m drunk and need to let everyone around us know it.” Some of these guys were Chicago guys and some were NYC so there was lots of J.E.T.S chants and cubs chants.

So Ed comes out around 8:15 or so and plays Trouble (Cat Stevens cover). He stops after the first verse b/c everyone was taking pictures, so he kindly asks us to stop. Ends fun finishing the song strongly. He then starts talking about the cubs and this solicits some boos and cheers. Of course the loudest came from the DBs behind us. Ed states that he wrote “ A song about the cubs that you can sing while drinking beer……(cheers & boos)….so even if you don’t like the cubs, I think everyone here enjoys beer.”

Guy behind us yells “I’m drinking beer right now!” which was pretty funny in that “I can’t believe he would actually say that” sort of thing.

Ed closes his set with Dead Man and Pictures in a Frame. Solid stuff.

More to come later

So PJ comes n around 9 or so and kicks it off with All or None, which was a really solid opener – lots of crowd singalong setting the stage for a good night. After the song TU tells me “I’ve got a feeling we’re going to see a lot of weird stuff “ or sometng to that effet.
On cue, they bust into Education, which they rarely play live. Sad (from Lost Dogs) is next which was really kick ###. Mike is just tearing it up on the first 3 songs btw, just looks like a kid in a candy store, jumping around going crazy on the solos.

They play the first notes to “In Hiding” and everyone goes nuts. This is a great song to singalong to, and the crowd is really pumped up now. They play solidly through Parachutes, I'm Open and Wishlist before playing B-sides Down & Undone, which really got the crowd going, followed by Off He Goes which was a nice tempo change.

Then came the opening notes to “Hard to Imagine” :goodposting: One of the rarest songs PJ has, only played live less than 5x IIRC. Exchanged the ‘Things were different then, always different then….’ Line with the crowd which was absolutely increadible.

God’s Dice and a kick ### Worldwide Suicide followed……then the opening notes to “Rats” and the place when nuts (another rarity live). Gone is excellent live (first time I’ve heard this) and after that, Eddie audibiles by running to each band member and mouthing the words “Why Go”. Which closed that first set.

At this point, everyone kinda looks around in awe of that se and wondering what they will come up with next. Ed comes out to play “No More” the war song that he’s been playing lately. Then came Inside Job, which is my fav song off of Avocado, so I was pumped. Lowlight was great as well…….but then came the highlight of the show.

Boom started playing a few notes and TU looks at me and goes “Reign Oer Me” :football: Well Boom just nails the opening piano intro which literally gave me goosebumps. PJs cover of that song might be the single best cover I have ever heard; which says a lot b/c PJ covers a lot of songs very well. The way Ed hits that screech is just sick.
After a few minute break, they come out again and Ed starts telling a story about a friend of theirs who did some work with Soundgarden, “Uncle Neil” and now Ben Harper. They end up dedicated the song to them. Mike and Stone start to jam a little and nobody really knows what they’re playing. It’s clear that Matt is trying to sing something, but they can’t get the timing right. They end up stopping and Mike gets up and says something like “We’re trying to play a KISS song, give us a minute.” They end up getting it right and TU explains to me that Paul Staley (KISS Drummer) originally sang Black Diamond, that’s why Matt was singing.

A kick ### Comatose and Sonic Reducer follow.

After another break, Ed comes out and says they ran into a friend back stage….and proceds to introduce Ben Harper to play the best Indifference that I’ve ever heard.

All in all, an extremely solid show……which was truly built for the fans. I honestly expected them to play longer, but I wasn’t disappointed by any means.

After the show I ended up getting my poster, so I was happy. TU and I went to a bar around the corner and drank some $1 Bud Lights for about an hour or so before going home.

Also, I forgot to mention that Chuck Cecil stopped by while we were waiting in line before the show.

Great night :headbang:
RIP TU. :cry:

Gonna have to listen to this show tonight in your memory. :banned:
This is just so awful. Everyone have one for TU. :banned:

T Minus 10 hours until my first PJ concert!

:thumbup:
Sooooooo.....
It was a phenomenal experience... :thumbup: My gf and I got there about 6:30, when the doors opened...We were directly across the arena from the stage in the third row of the upper section...Excellent view of the whole stage, a bit far away, but not bad at all...

Grabbed some knosh and some beers and were sitting there chilling when Eddie walks out by himself with a guitar..."Pearl Jam couldn't make it tonight...." he mutters into the mic and then starts playing "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"...Very cool...Voice was in excellent form and the song was a hit for the 10% of the crowd that was there at that point...

My Morning Jacket came on and played for about 45 minutes...I like them, and they were pretty good, but I couldn't help thinking, "c'mon, get this over with so PJ can play"...

As you can see from the set list, Pearl Jam rocked hard straight out of the gate, ripping through Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, and Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Dissident, and Even Flow, in quick succession...New songs sounded great live, LOTS of energy right off the bat...

Even Flow was spectacular... Eddie had prefaced the song by saying something along the lines of "Now in the middle of the song we're going to let Mike here take over, because if we don't, well, he'd just do it anyway"...And McCready sure did, blistering through a killer guitar solo, pulling out all the stops, playing behind his head, etc...Effin awesome! After EF, Eddie told the crowd that, "I don't want to say anything...But Boston was louder." Fired up the crowd a bit more....

At this point they finally slowed down a bit and played Army Reserve, which is not one of my favorites off of the new album...Lots of fans streamed out to hit the bathroom or grab a beer when he announced the song, so I guess they agree....Also think lots of fans were spent frmo the kick #### opening ...

Kept it a bit mellow next with Immortality, which sounded great, and the crowd seemed to get back into it, singing along to the chorus...Green Disease was next, which I like, but it seemed like few in the audience knew it...

Then came a fantastic version of Not For You, with a Modern Girl tag...Sounded great...Again, crowd was back into it, singing along and really getting into the chorus...Band was tight, and Eddie was intense...Putting on a Rock Star 101 clinic witht he way he owned the stage...McCready really impressed me again during Not For You...You cannot always tell on the studio albums what a talented guitarist he is, but seeing them live really reaffirmed what I had picked up from the bootlegs I have; Mike rocks HARD!

Next came Alone, which half the crowd was going nuts for and half had no idea what the song was...I was psyched, and was really getting into it...Then Mike's guitar cut out... :rant: Crowd started booing as techs scrambled to fix it...After about a minute or two, the band started up again, picking right where they left off and finishing the song...I didn't care that it was interrupted, it was AWESOME to hear live...

At this point I do think the crowd was lagging just a bit...The combination of the sreeching halt caused by the tech malfuction and the fact that 2 of the last 3 songs weren't regular fan faves (Green Disease and Alone) had caused the energy level to sag just a bit...

Well Pearl Jam knew how to fix that, breaking out into Jeremy and Why Go, which certainly got the crowd back into it...Hearing these long time faves live was great...I know some concert vets are tired or hearing the same songs over and over, but you have to remember there are always fans and new converts who may be at their 1st PJ concert....

Life Wasted continued the energy, and lead into the Set 1 finale of Rearviewmirror...It was frenetic, with the guitars pushing the rhythm faster and faster as Eddie tore through the song...Here too there was very impressive musicianship as the band extended the song before coming back to it and crushing the ending!

Encore 1 began with Wasted Reprise, which sounded fantastic! Nice mellow segue into Man of the Hour, which was solid...Then came one of the show highlights, IMO, an AMAZING version of Come Back...This song had really grown on me as I lsitened to the new album over and over, and it was excellent live...An honest, raw reading from Eddie...Had this great effect on the crowd, as we all got caught up in the emotion of the song...

Then came the opening strains of Footsteps, and I went nuts...Are they gonna do Mamasan? I wondered...Could I be that lucky at my 1st PJ show? Footsteps was chillingly beautiful, and led into Once and Alive...Yes, apparently I could be that lucky! Alive was the Encore 1 show stopper, with a great light show that really enhanced the experience...Towards the end of the song Eddie climbed up on one of the stage's side amps, and was singing it to a section of the crowd that was all standing and shouting it back to him in total adulation...It was a great Rock 'n Roll moment...

At the end of Alive Eddie took a nasty fall and really limped off the stage...I was afraid that it would prematurely end the show, as it looked BAD...

But they came back out for Encore 2, with Eddie limping something fierce...Tore into Last Exit and Comatose, revving the crowd back up into a near frenzy...It had been over 2 hours by this point, but as Eddie said, "As long as you're still here, we're still here."

Leatherman was next...Funny moment, as Eddie was telling some rambling story about the writing of it, and then just stopped and said "leatherman"...This annoying drunk chick next to me thoguht he said "Betterman" and she went nuts, shrieking abotu how it was her favorite song...She was a bit confused when it started and she didn't know any of the words... :lmao:

Glorified G was next, and was another great song live...Lots of crowd energy for that one...

Then Eddie started talking about how the last time they were there they got some criticism from the fans for playing Bu$hleaguer, and asked the crowd if they would boo if they played it (maybe 25% booed) and thn asked if we would cheer if he played it (the other 75% cheered)...He said, "Well we're not going to play it."

He then told a story about how the last time they were in NY someone help up a sign that said "Play Leash You Pu##ies." So they played it, and it sounded great. Eddie ended it by saying "Pu##ies No Longer!" Was a pretty funny moment...

By this point the house lights had come up and Eddie started talking about how they were long past curfew...Crowd booed, but quickly turned to cheers when the band broke into Baba O'Riley...Was a great moment...Crowd totally got into it, and the band really brought it home, with Mike doing the Townshend guitar windmills and Mike and Eddie ending it with a Daltrey leap!

There was time for one last song, and I thought it would be YLB, but instead they broke into Indifference, which was just a really great way to end the show...Understated following the bombast of Baba O'Riley, but seemed like a perfect summation for the show...

All in all it was probably the greatest concert I've ever been to, and I am already hooked on PJ live...Thinking about driving out Saturday and trying to get my hands on a couple of tix...Can only imagine what they have up their sleeves for the last show of Leg 1...
:headbang:
Was looking back in the thread and had forgotten 2006 was TU's first show, so I thought I'd bump his first show review. He remembered so many details and I always enjoyed reading his reviews. They made you feel like you were there or brought back some of your own memories. Thanks GBTU.

Also - there was an all female pearl jam cover band playing in the parking lot on Wed (from what zilla/tu said. Nobody caught their name....so we starred thinking.

Heavyflow

BUSHleaguer

I Got #### (rhymes with mits)

Wash (my clothes)

Just some Girls

there's got to be a bunch more...but we couldn't think of them......thoughts?
totally forgot about this :lmao:

First Show:

August 9, 1992; Jones Beach (Lollapalooza)

Setlist: (Summertime Rolls)/Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Even Flow, Garden, Alive, Porch

I was 15 years old that summer, and I was pumped for Lollapalooza. I had heard some buzz about PJ before this, but at the time I was more psyched to see Soundgarden and the Chili Peppers at Lollapalooza. Well Pearl Jam just ####### blew me away. Looking back, it's amazing that they only played 7 real songs, because the set (which was only 55 minutes long) seems like it was a 3 hour epic show in my memory.

The energy, power, charisma and craziness was off the charts. This was during Eddie's peak stage climbing, jumping period, and at this show he did this:

So we head onto the grounds, and we head over to the merch table in front of us to see if they had any posters left, but they didn't, so we headed inside...

The Susquehanna Bank Center is your typical summer amphitheater, with two sections and a lawn...

TF and Zilla headed down to their 10C seats while I went to find my TM seat...

I was VERY happy with where I ended up...I was dead center on the aisle in the first row of the second section...I had a walkway in front of me and then two VIP boxes a bit below, so I had a great unobstructed view of the stage...

We expected PJ to come on at 8:45ish, but it got to be 9, and despite hearing the piano intro they are using this tour once already, no band...At this time these two hot strippers come and sit in the VIP section right in front of me...They were dressed in tiny halters and painted on low slung blue jeans with their whale tails on full display...This was an interesting experience all night long, as they bumped and grinded with each other to every Pearl Jam song...They treated Low Light like it was Pour some Sugar On Me...They would rub each other's breasts and then some dudes came over and they started grinding with them...It was hilarious..>Security must have come over to check their tickets 10X, but they were legit...I wonder who they blew in the Champagne Room to get those seats...
Even when he didn't get 10c tickets, he ended up with 2 strippers in front of him. :banned: to you GB

So what's the announcement on Friday gonna be?
from what I gather, the strong rumor(s) is south american and/or EV tour. Both of which make sense since it's been over 2 years. I haven't heard any inklings of them recording any new material, so I doubt new album....given the fact that they have done some kind of tour every year for many years now; I imagine it's that

from what I gather, the strong rumor(s) is south american and/or EV tour.
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ
:goodposting:

Saw EV on the Euk tour and was blown away. Would love to have another shot at a show like that.

Bull Dozier said:
[icon] said:
Tiger Fan said:
-fish- said:

Saw EV on the Euk tour and was blown away. Would love to have another shot at a show like that.
I'm with you guys on this one. :thumbup:

-fish- said:
Doing another Cross Canadian Tour!!!! (I hope).. It's the 10 year anniversary!

Can't wait to see you guys up at my place.

I saw an EV solo show back in 2009, and I can't say I'd bother going to another one. It was very good, but I spent all night wishing it were the full band instead. :shrug:

Seems like 11 or 12 "confirmed" November shows in South America. Not sure what else they plan to announce. Seems like there should be something sooner and that is the tail end.

I'm with you guys on this one. :thumbup:
Yep.. I've seen him solo 4 times now. Orpheum Memphis 2x (9th row and 2nd row balcony) and Ryman Nashville 2x (7th row and 2nd row).... Back to back nights in Ryman were near-religious experiences that rival any full band show I've seen. Orpheum shows were both very good but a solid notch below.

I think his solo performances may be as sensitive to venue/crowd as the full band shows are... with Ed kicking into another gear for special venues or particularly good crowds.

Latin America only. Good for them. Next year will be a big year for them here in the States (assuming there are no more announcements this year).

Latin America only. Good for them. Next year will be a big year for them here in the States (assuming there are no more announcements this year).
Why will next year be a big year?
Isn't '16 their Rock Hall year? I guess they'd have to be first ballot...

Maybe PJ25 somewhere.
yeah. I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever I can to be at the induction. One would assume that they will have shows planned around it as well.

I'm already looking forward to the internal debate over whether or not I should dedicate vacation time and 4 figures in cash to go see their nearest show to Florida, probably New Orleans, St. Louis or Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread