What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Thoughts on the posters?

I’ve gone back and forth but I think the 3 I like most now are the Train, the woman and the elephant. The first 2 have some significance to Chi and I’m leaning towards the elephant looking better in person. Not sure how I’ll pick 1 of these 3.

By far the worst to me is the man/baby head. Then I think the baseball one totally missed the mark. That poster could be for any city with a baseball team.

Thoughts on the posters?

I’ve gone back and forth but I think the 3 I like most now are the Train, the woman and the elephant. The first 2 have some significance to Chi and I’m leaning towards the elephant looking better in person. Not sure how I’ll pick 1 of these 3.

By far the worst to me is the man/baby head. Then I think the baseball one totally missed the mark. That poster could be for any city with a baseball team.
Agreed. 

Baseball/arms is garbage. 

For me I dig the baby/head...tied for 3rd with Ames bros elephant. I think both end up looking MUCH cooler on the wall framed. 

Woman with bird is cool... maybe 2nd best I guess...  but that Thomas (the train) is going to look really good alongside his fenway 2016 “the catch” in my office. 

I’ll prob get 3x Thomas, 1x ea of everything else except baseball pretzel arms. 

I’ll be at Murphy’s Bleachers(just beyond center field) around 3 tomorrow 

I’ll be wearing salmon colored shorts, and have a “Eddie” hat on

:headbang:

I’ll be at Murphy’s Bleachers(just beyond center field) around 3 tomorrow 

I’ll be wearing salmon colored shorts, and have a “Eddie” hat on

:headbang:
We may meet ya there to drop yo Koozie off. I’ll message ya if so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is braving the merch mania and isn’t grabbing two Thomas “El” posters... I’m offering an OTPHJ for one. :lol:  

Alone Wash Garden Breakherfall SOLAT>Breath HailHail Footsteps and Won’t Back Down played with a guitar Tom gave Ed, which had never been on stage before last night. 

Crazy high energy versions of DTE and RVM.... 

What a ####in show 

Legit concerned they don’t get Monday night’s show in.. serious weather concerns... :unsure:  

IN. Pizza for lunch by Wrigley-ish ~12ish.

Where do you suggest? Then pub crawling Wrigleyville afterward if you guys are around and wanna grab a pint. :banned:  
Believe it or not, I’ve got to work, and then heading up around 3ish 

let me know where you guys end up....I’m always up for a pint or two 

Good times, fellas.  Very solid show...I give it a 7.5 out of 10 on my tough grading scale.  I think I liked the setlist before they changed 5-6 songs.

Thanks again for the merch @[icon]

Looks clear after this wave rolls through Chitown?  You guys are going to get a doozy tonight.  

Good times, fellas.  Very solid show...I give it a 7.5 out of 10 on my tough grading scale.  I think I liked the setlist before they changed 5-6 songs.

Looks clear after this wave rolls through Chitown?  You guys are going to get a doozy tonight.  
My brother-in-law said the same thing - they were running long, so they cut...Leash?  C'mon!

Was good to meet you and your crew. Awesome guys. Had a blast pregaming with you all.  Thanks and glad you guys enjoyed the swag. 

Sittting at the Cubby Bear Bar with the GF relaxing over a few cocktails before heading over to GA line (not even trying to wait in this rain). 

Alternating between misting and moderate rain here.. no thunder. Forecast seems to call for light rain all night. I’ll take that absent thunder. Will be my first GA show since 94 and the GFs first ever. 

Setlist: I envision them dialing it up a bit with the rain and having done a somewhat chill B-side laden show satuday. Anticipating a thumper.  Can’t wait either way.... still holding out hope for a Chloe/Crown. 

@Wrigley: was awesome hanging with you and the wife as well. Hope you guys have a great show tonight. 

Just met up with @soothsayer and his wife for a min before they headed to merch. :banned:  cheers buddy! 

Was good to meet you and your crew. Awesome guys. Had a blast pregaming with you all.  Thanks and glad you guys enjoyed the swag. 

Sittting at the Cubby Bear Bar with the GF relaxing over a few cocktails before heading over to GA line (not even trying to wait in this rain). 

Alternating between misting and moderate rain here.. no thunder. Forecast seems to call for light rain all night. I’ll take that absent thunder. Will be my first GA show since 94 and the GFs first ever. 

Setlist: I envision them dialing it up a bit with the rain and having done a somewhat chill B-side laden show satuday. Anticipating a thumper.  Can’t wait either way.... still holding out hope for a Chloe/Crown. 

@Wrigley: was awesome hanging with you and the wife as well. Hope you guys have a great show tonight. 

Just met up with @soothsayer and his wife for a min before they headed to merch. :banned:  cheers buddy! 
Walked in at 630 Saturday night(no line-outside Murphy’s), ended up about 30 deep center 

epic

have a a great show everyone 

Monday night was pretty awesome despite the lightning delay. Got to meet @icon at the Cubby Bear pre-show (along with his lovely gf) and he hooked me up with his great swag. People were stopping my wife and I all night asking where we got the sweet shirt and hat.

My assumption is that all you tenclub folks didn't like Given to Fly as an opener (it hasn't been since 2011) but after a long delay, I thought it was an awesome way to come out of the gate hot. And the set never felt like it slowed down much early - they just kept ripping away to keep the energy up.

Seeing the set list sheet, I'm bummed to see we didn't get Comfortably Numb - it appears a few songs were cut due to time. I find it curious that Release wasn't on either night's setlist, but my guess is that their performance in 2016 was so epic that they didn't want to bother going down that road.

Our seats were under cover - so we were dry - but being so far back (200s in last row) did take away from the experience. Too much going on around us (people walking behind us) to be truly immersed in the vibe. Makes me appreciate just how important having a good seat/location is to an overall concert experience.

After having reviewed the first night's set and making guesses about what we might hear on N2, the one song I was hoping we'd hear was Down. I was really happy with the set though so no complaint here.

I watched a little of the show on Periscope. The comments were that or appeared they were playing everything at a faster tempo to stay ahead of the weather that was coming. Is that what it felt like in person?

Some of the best shows are where they rip right out of the gate.  GtF isn't really a crushing tune, but it segues differently into Why Go, etc then 3 slower tunes in a row.  

I watched a little of the show on Periscope. The comments were that or appeared they were playing everything at a faster tempo to stay ahead of the weather that was coming. Is that what it felt like in person?
I asked my friend this last night and he thought so.  I remembered the rain show from a few years back because that's what they did back then.  

GtF was definitely faster but that isn't abnormal I don't think. As for others, I guess I'm not sure. One thing I've always said about PJ is that the slightly increased tempo of their songs in concert is part of what makes their shows great. So I am unsure if they were playing things any faster than normal - they were for sure spending less time between songs. There was an urgency to getting the next song started - not because more weather was coming in but because they knew they had a hard stop at midnight I think.

I missed some of the exciting stuff Saturday night.  My buddy (I did not sit with) ended up getting 5 tickets from Chelios (ended up being 5th row on the field) which also included that pre-party in the RF terrace.  There they met Chelios, Patrick Sharp, and Sir Charles Barkley. 

Monday night the person I went to Saturday's show with walked in with Rodman right behind him, then he saw Chelios in a beer line and chatted him up.  

The top 3 from last month motivated me to create a top 20 playlist for working out - curious on others.  Mine:

1- Rearviewmirror

2- Not For You

3- Porch

4- Footsteps

5- Animal

6- I Got ID

7- Black

8- Courdoroy

9- Alive

10- Off He Goes

11- Just Breathe

12- Yellow Ledbetter

13- Spin the Black Circle

14- In Hiding

15- WMA

16- Blood

17- Dead Man Walking

18- Man of the Hour

19- Lukin

20- Can't Keep (Eddie's ukelele version) - yes I know this one's cheating

Anyone listen to more than a few of the Euro / US shows this year?  Looking for recommendations of your favorites.

I have a link to (many) 2018 shows that I'll share if you PM me you're interested.  Don't want to put it here.

Not set in stone just yet, but I think we're doing France-Morocco-Portugal in July and it lines up with Lollapalooza Paris.  Should be interesting, especially if my 14 year old son goes with us.  Definitely not bringing our younger son.

Anyone done this facebook/instragram filter thing?   There's a location in Seattle that I'm going to check out tomorrow to see what it is. 

Some guy on twitter found the Seattle site, but didn't know what to do.   Guess he just stood there and looked at it.   

Users who are viewing this thread