What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (1 Viewer)

It's a predictable move to sack Girardi.  Maybe a managerial change will improve the clubhouse atmosphere a little but it's still a poorly constructed roster especially for the way the games are playing out in 2022.

It's a predictable move to sack Girardi.  Maybe a managerial change will improve the clubhouse atmosphere a little but it's still a poorly constructed roster especially for the way the games are playing out in 2022.
Philadelphia owes half a billion dollars to four DH's.

That's a problem beyond Girardi. 

Dombrowski has big balls, I’ll give him that. It’s like he built a fantasy baseball team that decided to punt defense. 

Yes, that did not work out for the Tigers having too many DHs.  Signed Prince Fielder and put Cabrera at 3rd.   Miggy took a ground ball to the face in spring training.  Moved Prince to DH put Miggy back at first base put Nick at third and he could not field his lunch there.

Dombrowski was good in his day, but he is 20 years behind the curve now.

No one comes here anymore but the Phils had at one time a 6 game lead on the Brewers. It's down to 1/2 game. They are blowing this epically.

Helsley such a stud all year but couldn’t find the plate today. Phils in good position now. Playoffs is a different beast and it’s amazing what the pressure can do to certain players.

I wish I could say this is a team of destiny but man there are so many good teams this year. Phils are probably facing off against the weakest one in the WC

That as just incredible! What a game. Now Nola tomorrow with a chance to take on the Braves.
I hope we beat the Cardinals on Sunday too, but in Arizona ;)

I wish I could say this is a team of destiny but man there are so many good teams this year. Phils are probably facing off against the weakest one in the WC
definitely think they lucked out by getting the lower WC seed
Was cheering for this all along and really hoping SD won down the stretch too. Mets woulda smacked us.
Things are definitely aligned to make a run. Just need the bats to get hot at the right time. I don’t know why but I still don’t trust Nola in a big game. Hope I’m wrong.

best fans in baseball! leaving in the 9th inning of a playoff game.

Oh come on - Phils fans would have done the same thing in that situation. Can’t even imagine how frustrating that would be as a Cards fan.
It’s possible, but it’s more that everyone reveres them like they are holier than thou. It was surprising regardless, since the game was certainly still in play

Was cheering for this all along and really hoping SD won down the stretch too. Mets woulda smacked us.
Things are definitely aligned to make a run. Just need the bats to get hot at the right time. I don’t know why but I still don’t trust Nola in a big game. Hope I’m wrong.
You were wrong once. Hopefully again more times this month.

You were wrong once. Hopefully again more times this month.
I don’t mind being wrong. Let’s see how it goes - much tougher matchups ahead but if Wheeler and Nola keep pitching like that, who knows.

I’m going to go Phils in 6. The Phils have 2 legit aces and the bats are on fire right now. That Padres lineup (outside of Machado) is nothing special. They do have 2 legit starters and a great bullpen but I’m not trusting guys like Snell/Clevinger against this Phils lineup.

Will continue to bet Phils every game this series and profit. If it gets to there, I may slow down if the face the Astros.

Castellanos hurts my soul

I started calling him "One pitch Nick".
:lol: I was at a game with my son. We were sitting in one of the hall of fame sections - so it was a little chummy.

We have seats on the rail, Pedro Feliz comes up with bases loaded. Guy 2 or 3 seats down "TAKE A PITCH FELIZ FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE"

First pitch - grand slam - everyone points and laughs :lmao:

4th inning

Last edited:
Phillies are going all in on Trea Turner per source. They are betting odds favorites and I heard they might give him the Harper Treatment. Harper and Turner were teammates in WAS so Bryce could have a role in recruitment. Haven't heard Phillies overall plan on who they play to keep or other targets just that Trea Turner seems to be their white whale in a similar fashion Machado/Harper was when they were FAs.

Phillies are expected to sign Trea Turner but they've given Turner a Friday Deadline. If a deal can't be reached they will turn their attention to former Boston SS Xander Boagert

Starting Pitcher Carlos Rondon and his agent are talking to the Phillies. Significant as Rondon and Tre Turner are boyhood friends. Like I said the Phillies will role out the Bryce Harper Treatment for Turner it seems. What Better way then to get a friend on board or at least another. Rondon was a teammate of Turners in WAS as well.

Phillies are expected to sign Trea Turner but they've given Turner a Friday Deadline. If a deal can't be reached they will turn their attention to former Boston SS Xander Boagert

I forgot to update this but the Phillies wanted to get a deal done before Winter meetings. Trea Turner is now a Phillie. 11yrs $3OOM no trade clause Now onto Carlos Rondon

I forgot to update this but the Phillies wanted to get a deal done before Winter meetings. Trea Turner is now a Phillie. 11yrs $3OOM no trade clause Now onto Carlos Rondon
Good deal to get the best shortstop in baseball. Apparently Pads offered him 40 Million more overall. Phils also signed Walker from the Mets so maybe Rodon is off the table? I don’t know - I’m a fan of the stingiest owner in sports. Your team is playing with Monopoly money. But I’m not bitter.

Good deal to get the best shortstop in baseball. Apparently Pads offered him 40 Million more overall. Phils also signed Walker from the Mets so maybe Rodon is off the table? I don’t know - I’m a fan of the stingiest owner in sports. Your team is playing with Monopoly money. But I’m not bitter.

Rodon is off as the Phillies just spent 2 draft picks to sign Turner and $1m They are done with guys on qualifying offers unless something happens. Turner really didn't take less money when you see the taxes he'd have to pay in SD compared to here which surprised me are a lot more. His take home in SD after Taxes on the same deal as the Phillies would be S16OM. This is no different then the "cliff Lee signed for less to come back to US retort people had instead of the Yankees. State and City Taxes in NY played a part in the decision. Also I' sure how Lee's family was treated when CLE played them in the playoffs by Yankee fans played a part too.

Rodon is off as the Phillies just spent 2 draft picks to sign Turner and $1m They are done with guys on qualifying offers unless something happens. Turner really didn't take less money when you see the taxes he'd have to pay in SD compared to here which surprised me are a lot more. His take home in SD after Taxes on the same deal as the Phillies would be S16OM. This is no different then the "cliff Lee signed for less to come back to US retort people had instead of the Yankees. State and City Taxes in NY played a part in the decision. Also I' sure how Lee's family was treated when CLE played them in the playoffs by Yankee fans played a part too.
Yeah good point about the taxes. That’s a huge difference. I bet he also wanted to play with Harper again.

Breaking the bank for Trea and Taijuan.

Am I crazy to be nervous about the back half of Trea's deal?
You’re not crazy but that’s just the market now for these superstar players. They’re not going to sign for 3 year (or even 5) deals. Phils wanted him and had no chance to get him without giving him that type of deal. They don’t really care about the later years anyways. They’re paying to put a winning team together now. Also, Trea is the type of player that won’t make this deal look that bad long term. As @DJackson10 said, he’s a 5 tool player so will still be valuable even if he loses a tool or 2 over time.

Breaking the bank for Trea and Taijuan.

Am I crazy to be nervous about the back half of Trea's deal?

I'm concerned. Jimmy Rollins was a 5 tool player too. Once he hit 30 his numbers took a nosedive. He was done playing at 37. Turner is signed to 40. We really going to DH a 38 year old Turner who is no longer a threat on the bases, hits 15 HRs and bats .240?

Users who are viewing this thread