What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Poll for the We Need a New Draft Draft (Non-music non-sports division) (1 Viewer)

What do you think about dice?

• Dice

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • More Dice

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters

Eephus

Footballguy
The other thread had a bunch of good ideas that weren't sports or music related. 

Most are self explanatory except for the Draftapalooza Grab Bag.  In this draft, each participant would nominate a category of their own choice about any topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draftapalooza and no judging, though I don't care that much about those.  Most importantly, though:  more dice.  The mostest dice.

Was toying with the idea of video clips with categories.  Kind of like drafting from Fred and Greg’s thread.  Could have categories or just leave it open.

ETA - maybe call it the Great NFT draft?

I'm the last one who should be starting a draft and I'll defer to the crimes and criminals draft and whatever comes out of this thread but I came across a draft idea tonight.

70sPalooza. 

Bring out the dice and add a bunch of categories and tweak these, but there are so many to explore, I think it might be great plus then it opens up paloozas for all the other decades. 

• End of the British invasion (British invasion bands 70s output)
  • Supergroups
  • "Go Your Own Way" - solo songs from major 60s / 70s bands. 
  • Pioneers of Disco
  • Women of Disco
  • Disco Inferno - Pop Disco
  • White Lines - and other drugs
  • "Get Down Tonight" - make a little love
  • Ahead of their Time (70s songs from bands that peaked later)
  • Eurovision (European songs, don't have to be from the competition)
  • Macho Men - Gay Pride
  • The Message - Black Pride
  • Bad Girls - Female Empowerment Movement
  • Rise Up/Protest songs
  • Country
  • Folk
  • Soft rock
  • Jazz
  • Blues
  • Punk influencers/godfathers
  • Punk
  • Southern Men - Southern Rock
  • Jam Bands
  • Classic Rock then and now
  • Ballads
  • Prog
  • Heavy Metal
  • Hard Rock
  • Glam
  • New Wave
  • Synth Pop
  • Bowie
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Rolling Stones
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Who
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Neil Young
  • 70s in the 80s (bands or influenced)
  • 70s in the 90s
  • 70s in the 00s
  • 70s in the 10s
  • Sampled and Covered
  • 70s Soundtrack
  • Future Soundtrack
  • Live 

A lot of categories deliberately overlap, that's where the dice come in and add a small element of scarcity as well. 

🤷‍♂️

Bring out the dice and add a bunch of categories and tweak these, but there are so many to explore, I think it might be great plus then it opens up paloozas for all the other decades. 
Sounds groovy.  Covering other decades sounds great.  

I think a fashion category might be good.  Bands that are wearing that unmistakably 70's style.  Also applies to the 60's and 80's.

Northern Voice said:
I'm the last one who should be starting a draft and I'll defer to the crimes and criminals draft and whatever comes out of this thread but I came across a draft idea tonight.

70sPalooza. 

🤷‍♂️

With the demise of the Crime Music draft, I guess the overarching poll question should become

Music or non-music draft?

ETA:  I tried adding it as a poll question but it's kind of useless since anybody who previously responded the initial three questions couldn't vote

cosjobs said:
is equine abuse our new crime category?

ETA: 

I've been through the desert
On a horse in great pain
I still beat him again & again
In the desert, all songs are public domain
And there ain't no one who'll be yankin' your chain
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la

krista4 said:
That doesn't exactly answer my question, but ok.  :lol:  

I was just coming in to ask the same thing.    I was going to see what the first few picks were.  
Sorry guys. I moved the start to noon and saw four people had dropped out. At 12:30 there were no posts, no one in the thread, and I wasn't up for beating a dead horse.

Northern Voice said:

70sPalooza. 

• End of the British invasion (British invasion bands 70s output)
  • Supergroups
  • "Go Your Own Way" - solo songs from major 60s / 70s bands. 
  • Pioneers of Disco
  • Women of Disco
  • Disco Inferno - Pop Disco
  • White Lines - and other drugs
  • "Get Down Tonight" - make a little love
  • Ahead of their Time (70s songs from bands that peaked later)
  • Eurovision (European songs, don't have to be from the competition)
  • Macho Men - Gay Pride
  • The Message - Black Pride
  • Bad Girls - Female Empowerment Movement
  • Rise Up/Protest songs
  • Country
  • Folk
  • Soft rock
  • Jazz
  • Blues
  • Punk influencers/godfathers
  • Punk
  • Southern Men - Southern Rock
  • Jam Bands
  • Classic Rock then and now
  • Ballads
  • Prog
  • Heavy Metal
  • Hard Rock
  • Glam
  • New Wave
  • Synth Pop
  • Bowie
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Rolling Stones
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Who
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Neil Young
  • 70s in the 80s (bands or influenced)
  • 70s in the 90s
  • 70s in the 00s
  • 70s in the 10s
  • Sampled and Covered
  • 70s Soundtrack
  • Future Soundtrack
  • Live 

A lot of categories deliberately overlap, that's where the dice come in and add a small element of scarcity as well. 

🤷‍♂️
This sounds like a blast. Set it up. 

I'd recommend two free for all, picks a day, but that flexibility wasn't enough to save the criminal draft. so :shrug:

1970s Musicpalooza

- or -

Non-musical* Grab Bag Draftapalooza

* there could still be music related categories nominated but it wouldn't be a song draft per se.

Sorry guys. I moved the start to noon and saw four people had dropped out. At 12:30 there were no posts, no one in the thread, and I wasn't up for beating a dead horse.
I was wondering if you had decided not to do it since 4 dropped out this morning. It may have gotten locked anyway. My first pick was going to be Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)  by the sexual deviant pedophile Gary Glitter. He had some good glam songs, but he is an awful person. 

I was wondering if you had decided not to do it since 4 dropped out this morning. It may have gotten locked anyway. My first pick was going to be Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)  by the sexual deviant pedophile Gary Glitter. He had some good glam songs, but he is an awful person. 
I was going to pick Ozzy in the public urination category.  Seemed like a first-rounder to me.

1970s Musicpalooza

- or -

Non-musical* Grab Bag Draftapalooza

* there could still be music related categories nominated but it wouldn't be a song draft per se.

They're both great.  I'd be more interested in Grab Bag right now.

For some reason the thought of doing food came to me today without me even realizing it was already an option.  Seems a no brainer.  Soup, sandwich, pasta, fancy, fast food, dessert, appetizer, comfort food, salad, breakfast, overrated, underrated.

Maybe encourage people to post a recipe or video or share a story of enjoying a dish (without it being a requirement).

For some reason the thought of doing food came to me today without me even realizing it was already an option.  Seems a no brainer.  Soup, sandwich, pasta, fancy, fast food, dessert, appetizer, comfort food, salad, breakfast, overrated, underrated.

Maybe encourage people to post a recipe or video or share a story of enjoying a dish (without it being a requirement).

I was able to come up with 35 categories for Foodapalooza.  It's no Genrepalooza 4 but it's a start

Main dish - Chicken
Main dish - Pork
Main dish - Beef
Main dish - Lamb
Main dish - Seafood
Main dish - Meatless
Starch - Noodle based
Starch - Rice based
Starch - Other
Vegetable - Raw
Vegetable - Cooked
Fruit - Raw
Fruit - Cooked
Salad - Vegetable based
Salad - Starch based
Soup or stew
Sandwich
Sausage
Breakfast - Cooked
Breakfast cereal
Appetizer
Dessert - Cake
Dessert - Pie
Dessert - Cookie
Dessert - Frozen
Dessert - Candy
Comfort Food
Food you can't stand
Guilty pleasure food
Beverage - cold
Beverage - cold
Beverage - beer
Beverage - wine
Beverage - liquor neat
Beverage - liquor cocktail

As one of the droppers, I’d still be interested in doing the criminals draft. Just wasn’t a good week for me.

w

With the demise of the Crime Music draft, I guess the overarching poll question should become

Music or non-music draft?

ETA:  I tried adding it as a poll question but it's kind of useless since anybody who previously responded the initial three questions couldn't vote
I'd be much more interested in a music draft than food or travel.

Has anyone ever done a Saturday Morning cartoon/kids entertainment draft?  That could be good.  Would probably have to allow cartoon network ect also.

Users who are viewing this thread