What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (2 Viewers)

So, he pushed him and front face locked him. I see nothing that disputes what Punk said in the interview. A front face lock was probably a mercy as opposed to what Punk could have done to him.
Yep, I was expecting footage that showed that Punk's version of what happened was fictional, but it was basically what he said (when he wasn't being vague). And without any audio, it is impossible to know what was said that provoked the first shove. In the real world, that kind of violence is obviously totally uncalled for, but I am not naive to where I think stuff like that doesn't happen in pro wrestling and football and basketball more than we think. Football teammates get in altercations in training camp sometimes. We saw Draymond Green drill a teammate in the face two years ago. Dynamite Kid and Jacques Rougeau both cheap shotted the other decades ago in separate incidents. That stuff happens with athletes who are amped up and playing in a violent sport or participating in entertainment where violence is the attraction. To pretend otherwise is to bury your head in the sand. We already knew Punk was a hothead.

I don’t think people are pretending it doesn’t happen I think people are pretending he wasn’t fired because of the other stuff that went on too. That was a final straw event. Those who even agree with punk in his friends circle know he was lucky he wasn’t fired after the scrum. This was just the “ok we gave you another chance and you F’D up.”

My issue with this is more people acting like they’d do this at their work and not be fired themselves. I work in a very toxic environment as many have read before about my work. There’s like 10 people especially the one coke head in my department and one other I’d love to just knock out at work or get in their face but I know I can’t because I’d probably be the one losing my job. You just can’t do that. There’s a time and place for physicality and honesty on a coworker it’s not enough to waste on

BREAKING NEWS: Akebono dead at 54 years old from Heart Failure.

Akebono was an American-born Japanese former professional sumo wrestler and professional wrestler from Waimānalo, Hawaii. He was known most notably to wrestling fans for having a Sumo Match with Big Show at WrestleMania 21. Akebono won that match and continued to have a successful career in Sumo.

I’d ask anyone who thinks Punk’s behavior was right to go to work tomorrow and fight a coworker, and then berate their boss. I’m curious to know what happens?

That’s all I’ll say on the matter now.
Your posts just prove that you don't really read or grasp anything else posts; you're just ranting and complaining as if you are on Twitter. If you don't understand the difference between an altercation between two athletes in an industry where violence is the key part of the entertainment and your squabbles at your supermarket, then there is no hope for you.
It’s still not ok no matter the situations people want to act like it’s men being men? Yeah physicallity happens. I don’t care what sports do what that’s the problem with society. If I was Draymond A’s teammate I’d have filed assault charges I don’t give a dam. Green isn’t an NBA player he’s just a goon at this point lucky to be in the league. Yes altercations happen on the field of play. Pushing happens in a locker room ok. But we are seriously going to defend this?

It shouldn’t be happening. This stuff may have been acceptable at one time but we live in A different age now.

I'll say this. What a terrible decision to air that footage. It was basically as Punk described it, and honestly, Perry should have been begging them not to air it because it made him look like a giant *****. And trying to shoehorn the airing of it into the Bucks FTR feud? So forced. It's so obvious they thought showing it was a good idea, but then couldn't find a plausible reason to do so.

And then to top it all off they make FTR come out to a dead crowd and try to sell it. That crowd was not buying it.

Here’s the translation to segment from dirt sheet radio

Someone once said “if you had a problem with Jack Perry, you got a problem with me.”

The Bucks begin to blame FTR for CM Punk's outbursts and Matt tells Nick he can’t just go around spreading rumors about people.

The Bucks say “after the incident” they needed to get their minds back together. They say they only reason they lost to FTR is because of CM Punk's incident with Jack Perry.

Bucks say the incident was short, like a high school scrap.

They play the footage and it confirms Punk was the aggressor. It also confirms CM Punk lunged at Tony Khan, knocking down monitors around him. Samoa Joe, Chris Hero, Ace Steel and Malakai Black take Punk away.

The Bucks come back and they reiterate they lost to FTR because of this distraction.

FTR comes to the ring for a semi-shoot promo where they say they want to move on from this incident 8 months ago.

They say the locker room is too damn talented to be stuck in this situation, if the Young Bucks don't want to move on, they can leave AEW and FTR will take it from here

Will Ospreay has heard rumours that he’s afraid of the grind and shoots them down

“The guy that said it is only in the position he is in because he was grinding on the bosses daughter”

Will also mentions all the countries he’s fought in over the yrs.

It was as cringe as every other Bucks promo. They never come across as genuine. I never feel like they actually believe the words they are saying. :shrug:

Obviously AEW responded tonight to WWE over this week. Really don’t understand why either company did this. Punk being in Helwani is fine promote mania and WWE but to have him talk about AEW etc I just don’t think WWE gains much. All anyone talked about was punks interview and that overshadowed everything else to start the week. AEW called his bluff on Perry being the instigator and using self defebse.

Then Hunter goes on a show at WWE world acting like the boy who was just rejected by the girl for prom acting like he never wanted her making comments how certain people want more money to work less. This was shots taken at Okada and Ospreay so will responded. As good of a mind hunter has for the business we can all agree he ain’t in charge of WWE if he was banging Steph he wouldn’t be in that position today. That’s true what will says. Oldest joke about Hunter but Steph was an absolute ring rat back then too.

I just don’t see the advantage WWE has with these shots. You have mania. People say AEW is petty for this and you could say yes but history says many companies in wrestling history do this (sup TNA with Billy Gunn, sup NJPW and Yoshi Tatsu, hi WWE and bingo hall jokes about ROH, hey AEW on WWE references) everywhere.i just didn’t see the need for WWEs shots here. WWE just looks as petty. Like be the bigger company. Ok Punk you had a tough time you said the same crap when you left your current employer. Ok Hunter you got out bid on a few wrestlers. News flash not everyone these days wants to go to WWE and you can’t under negotiate people anymore like you did with most of the UK talent. Also one of those wrestlers was insulted by one of your top guys in Seth Rollins a few yrs back. Probably didn’t help.

Ok AEW you showed the footage. Tied it into a current storyline. Kind of funny. Let’s move on. I get you Will, you’re pissed off about Hunters comments. Real fans who follow you know how hard you worked. Let’s now move on. The jokes like FTR being shaved backs etc is funny I don’t mind little ribs like that. Hell many loved when punk was ****ting on WWE calling AEW a real company in his first promo back. Ok we get those jokes. They’re cool when not used all the time.

Both companies need to just get their **** together and move on at this point. Get back to wrestling or whatever makes them good. Wrestling is cool again but the two biggest companies acting like little kids isn’t helping anything

Even their own niche crowd turned against them and cheering Punk.

Then they actually tried to make it an angle with FTR and Balding Bucks. And it falls completely flat on its face. Shocking that happened as the one and only draw involved is no longer with their company

Couldn't have scripted it better :lol:

RIP All Empty Wrestling

Wrestling is better with more than one healthy option. Unfortunately, TK is running the other "competitor" to WWE. And he doesn't know what the **** he's doing.

Wrestling is better with more than one healthy option. Unfortunately, TK is running the other "competitor" to WWE. And he doesn't know what the **** he's doing.
It's shocking how inept Tony is. The minute Punk came back and got in Perry's face, Tony should have been proactive and either gotten in between them or had someone there done so. Punk had already had that altercation the previous year with the Trampoline Sisters in the locker room (NDAs mean we don't know who threw the first punch), so we knew he could easily be provoked into throwing hands (and in that instance the previous year, you could argue that Punk did the provoking with that press conference). Plus, Punk claims that he told Tony to handle it or else he would, so Tony had to know that something could happen if he confronted Perry. And yet he stood there like a scared rabbit in the background doing nothing.

AEW did exactly what they wanted on Wedbesday. It’s all about them and punk after WWE just had the most successful mania weekend in their history.

AEW did exactly what they wanted on Wedbesday. It’s all about them and punk after WWE just had the most successful mania weekend in their history.
Shortsighted
And not true at all. The only chatter I've heard from my wrestling buddies is how stupid it was to show it. Literally, that was the whole conversation.
Edit to add: Now dirt sheets are a different animal, but even most of them said it was a non-issue.

Last edited:
If Tony Khan would worry more about booking matches like Claudio vs Ospreay (which is next week) instead of being trolled by Punk he'd grow some of that audience back.

Well this is interesting. As of today, Jack Perry is completely sold out of his Scapegoat t-shirt on the website. Not only that, but NJPW announced that Perry has the top selling shirt for their promotion in back-to-back months.

Not only is the scapegoat shirt sold out but also the “Cry Me A River” shirt is as well.

Jack Perry is the #1 merch seller in New Japan Pro Wrestling in back to back months, for the two different shirts.

I saw Tony Schiavone on the botchamaina Instagram page when the Punk/Perry footage was being cued up. He looked like he was sitting on a mountain of King Cobras he was so uncomfortable. You could tell he wanted to scream 'please, just stop before it's too late'.

From SRS
Moral in the back was down after segment but more so because of the dread of online BS to follow.

FTR we’re fine with the angle as long as it added to the fued with YB. Both teams were ok with it. FTR and Punk are still good from what he’s heard

Hope is this helps Jack Perry in his return plus having a match in Chicago building him up

AEW felt they were in a no win situation after Punks comments and WWE co distantly taking shots at them all weekend felt need to shoot back

Ospreay was more then happy to do the promo on Hunter calling him lazy.

Talent has laughed offf the idea of it being a company killer

AEW expected the online discourse

Fightful reports that over WrestleMania weekend, Drew Gulak was pulled from several appearances, including his seat at the 2024 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. He is also not currently factored in future creative plans.

Jack Perry’s scapegoat merch has all soldout since last night
Link?
Well this is interesting. As of today, Jack Perry is completely sold out of his Scapegoat t-shirt on the website. Not only that, but NJPW announced that Perry has the top selling shirt for their promotion in back-to-back months.

Not only is the scapegoat shirt sold out but also the “Cry Me A River” shirt is as well.

Jack Perry is the #1 merch seller in New Japan Pro Wrestling in back to back months, for the two different shirts.
Link?
Fightful reports that over WrestleMania weekend, Drew Gulak was pulled from several appearances, including his seat at the 2024 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. He is also not currently factored in future creative plans.
Link?

Let's start a list of ideas/ angles that were worse or as bad than the idea of posting the video last night:
* The Shockmaster
* The Vince McMahon limo blowing up
* that'll put butts in the seats.
And go ......

So for the AEW fans in here, no shade, what do you think about the Punk footage, was it a mistake to air it on the show?

Here's a link to the video: https://bleacherreport.com/videos/559727-young-bucks-cm-punk-footage

It is bad. Like really bad. I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea to release.

DJax, you are correct, Punk's behavior would not fly in the normal world. In the world of sports and sports entertainment, that's going to get a pass when you are talking about someone at Punk's level. Sometimes it is not the crime, it is who you are or who the victim is. Draymond is the perfect example, a slap on the wrist that would have gotten a normal person jailed. Ja Morant on the other hand found out that he crossed a line that didn't matter how big his talent was.

Jack Perry’s scapegoat merch has all soldout since last night
Link?

Link?
Link?

I said the source was Fightful for the last one.

As for Perry here it is.

Here's a link to the video: https://bleacherreport.com/videos/559727-young-bucks-cm-punk-footage

It is bad. Like really bad. I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea to release.

DJax, you are correct, Punk's behavior would not fly in the normal world. In the world of sports and sports entertainment, that's going to get a pass when you are talking about someone at Punk's level. Sometimes it is not the crime, it is who you are or who the victim is. Draymond is the perfect example, a slap on the wrist that would have gotten a normal person jailed. Ja Morant on the other hand found out that he crossed a line that didn't matter how big his talent was.
I think AEW is on a whole any press is good press right now. The footage is now out there so there’s no more “well we don’t have video” excuses.

And yeah I’m all about treating everyone equally. I don’t care who you are. People bring up MJ on Kerr completely different era. Todays world that just doesn’t seem to fly anymore. Also you got a bunch of keyboard warriors talking smack doing the samething to a coworker? Really?

Let's start a list of ideas/ angles that were worse or as bad than the idea of posting the video last night:
* The Shockmaster
And go ......
Didn't Kane want to have at it with a corpse or something?

* The Shockmaster
And go ......
Mae Young + Sexual Chocolate = Rubber Hand
Was just going to post this exact thing :yucky:
I think it might be the single worst thing wrestling has ever done. Worse than Katie Vick. Worse than Kennel From Hell match. Worst than making David Arquette world champ.

* The Shockmaster
And go ......
Didn't Kane want to have at it with a corpse or something?
Vince’s illigitnate son being hornswoggke

FTR back shaving

Half of the last decade in WWE outside a few things

To add to this it was reported a producer close to Rhonda and another employee close to her had Drew removed from his seat at the WWE HOF.

Drew was there and saw him at one point figured he had taken the wrong seat never saw him rest of the night. Speculation that friend is Shana Baysler. Rousey and Levesque are still friendly too and he’s a big fan of Shayna.

Imho I think they let Drew go fair or not after the whole McMahon thing. I could see him going to AEW as he has a few friends there and him and hugs wheeler opened up a gym together in Philly recently

Will Ospreay said during negotiations with company’s he told multiple places he wanted to stay in the UK for his wife (uK wrestler Alex Windsor) who lost her ex husband to suicide in 2020. This was said on Talk is Jericho interview they had together.

This interview is being brought up after Triple H of WWE made comments of only wanting guys who would grind for him. Will and others in the wrestling industry apparently feel this was a very low blow and disrespectful of Hunter given the fact he knew why this was one of the top reasons Ospreay didn’t sign with WWE as he and his wife would’ve had to move state side.

Hunter will get a pass on this given the all out stuff airing and all as no one seemed to really care or talk about Will’s promo.

When you've done nothing in the big leagues or even America, you're going to have to prove yourself. That just isn't the case in wrestling

Or find a dumb money mark that'll overpay for a foreign guy that's no draw in America.

All the 3 recent 'game changers' Tiny's paid and the ratings lower than ever. Having to resort to going to well again off a guy no longer in the company for ratings 😭

It's embarrassing

Tony schiavone was acting in character to the Young Bucks like he has for weeks since the Bucks started their EVP gimmick. Tony was apparently on board with the footage being released.

When you've done nothing in the big leagues or even America, you're going to have to prove yourself. That just isn't the case in wrestling

Or find a dumb money mark that'll overpay for a foreign guy that's no draw in America.

All the 3 recent 'game changers' Tiny's paid and the ratings lower than ever. Having to resort to going to well again off a guy no longer in the company for ratings 😭

It's embarrassing
Some people just don’t like watching an overproduced product. That’s fine. People like what they like. There’s people out there who think nickel back is the greatest rock band out right now. Others disagree.

Personally for me I liked the Roman Cost match but the absolute ****ery of it was pretty blantant it was happening. Ending was overproduced big time with multiple run ins. There’s really no need for Undertaker there or a stone cold. Ok have a few guys to help Cody with the blood line run ins cool. The Seth Shield thing was good story telling (hey WWE did long term booking that made sense for once!!) but it could’ve ended there without the overproduction.

I personally enjoyed that super JR match if Osprey vs Ricochet that Vader and other boomer/old timers **** on. I like watching the moves. Some like myself love the in ring story telling. I’m shocked WWE fans haven’t **** on Heyman giving AEW props and how the company reminds him of some of the early ECw stuff.

Not everyone likes the WWE soap opera over produced drama. That’s perfectly fine.

Not sure why people always have to **** on what people like. Punk was wrong for what he did, and Tony should’ve handled it better and fired punk prior. Punks fans are always going to think he’s right where others see Punks history of being toxic in a locker room. You aren’t going to change peoples opinions at this point. It’s like arguing politics. Most people have their mind made up and that’s final.

SRS said it best the other day when someone made a comment on his stream. He’s sick and tired of the ******** himself. Most of the people complaining about AEW don’t really want it to succeed unless it’s how they like it or under the WWE banner. Competition is good. You don’t get the bloodline e story without AEW. WWE is better today because of AEW. I think he summed that up perfectly

Tony schiavone was legitimately annoyed at the CM Punk/Jack Perry footage stuff being shown this week on AEW programming.

If you are reading that from Wade Keller he’s been known for a lot of wrong on AEW these days. It seems like the only legit reporting in the dirt sheets on AEW is coming from Fightful. Wade came out saying Will didn’t want to do the promo but Fightful came out saying Will felt insult by Hunter and told Tony he’d take responsibility for any backlash too it. Will even put the promo up on his socials.

PWInsider.com reports tonight's Monday Night Raw episode will have a lot of "Vince McMahon fingerprints" on the show, much like this past Friday's Smackdown did.

While McMahon has been remotely influencing WWE programming since Wrestlemania 39, the belief among some in WWE is that influence is likely to grow in the coming weeks and months as the Endeavor acquisition becomes a reality.

What is the link?

Asking one last time, if you post stuff you say other sites are reporting, post the link.

Tony schiavone was legitimately annoyed at the CM Punk/Jack Perry footage stuff being shown this week on AEW programming.

If you are reading that from Wade Keller he’s been known for a lot of wrong on AEW these days. It seems like the only legit reporting in the dirt sheets on AEW is coming from Fightful. Wade came out saying Will didn’t want to do the promo but Fightful came out saying Will felt insult by Hunter and told Tony he’d take responsibility for any backlash too it. Will even put the promo up on his socials.
See the post above yours.

Using your posting style, anyone can make up anything and say it is from this site or that site without putting the link (as the mod later said in a post I did not quote so as not clutter up the post with a ton of quotes, just saying the site it came from is not a link). If you are going to dominate this thread with 299 updates a week with supposed news, at least have the courtesy to supply links.

AEW fans are so sweaty to try to justify their fandom. It's okay to admit that WWE has been on fire for the past three years while also enjoying your show.
Agreed. And believe me, I have zero loyalty to WWE or any organization, especially once where Triple H (whom I have NEVER liked) is in charge. Anyone who likes pro wrestling should want it to be good anywhere. It just so happens that WWE is doing well lately, while the AEW is looking like a clown show.

David was always my favorite. Of all the wrestlers who left us too early, I think David was arguably the biggest loss.
I should also add Magnum TA and maybe to a lesser extent Owen as well.
I did like Magnum, but I always thought he was a bit overrated. David and Owen: awesome as a heel or baby face and great workers. Magnum needed to be carried, but he could be carried to a very good match (Flair and Tully, I'm looking at you).

THE SCAPEGOAT Jack Perry has arrived in CHICAGO!!!!

CRY ME A RIVER ON THE BACK OF HIS JACKET WITH THE CHICAGO FLAG DRAPED AROUND HIS SHOULDERS. Had guys drapped over him in riot gear too. lol. Mixed cheers and boos too

SOLO SIKOA HAS TAKEN OVER THE BLOODLINE BY FORCE. KICKED OUT JIMMY USO AND BROUGHT IN TAMA TONGA!!!!

HEYMAN TRIES TO CALL ROMAN AND GETS HIS PHONE SMASHED!

Users who are viewing this thread