What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL PROBOWL THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

JMon348

Footballguy
anyone know what time they will be announced today?

until then please guess who makes it from your favorite team

ill start:

Locks:

Adrian Peterson

Steve Hutchinson

Likely:

Kevin Williams

Tony Richardson

Borderline:

Pat Williams

Bryant McKinnie

Matt Birk

EJ Henderson

Darren Sharper

Chris Kluwe

Browns

Locks:

Eric Steinbach LG

Joshua Cribbs ST

Likely:

Braylon Edwards WR

Borderline:

Kellen Winslow TE

Sean Jones S

Joe Thomas LT

Derek Anderson QB

Lawrence Vickers FB

Hank Fraley C

BrownsLocks:Eric Steinbach LGJoshua Cribbs STLikely:Braylon Edwards WRBorderline:Kellen Winslow TESean Jones SJoe Thomas LTDerek Anderson QBLawrence Vickers FBHank Fraley C
i think Bray is a lock with Moss and Wayne, the 4th spot should go to Housh.

anyone know what time they will be announced today?until then please guess who makes it from your favorite teamill start:Locks:Adrian PetersonSteve HutchinsonLikely:Kevin WilliamsTony RichardsonBorderline:Pat WilliamsBryant McKinnieMatt BirkEJ HendersonDarren SharperChris Kluwe
Antoine Winfield has been getting more press lately, I would put him at Borderline. Heath Farwell might make it on special teams. I haven't seen any voting numbers, but I would guess AD, Hutch, EJ, and Heath (if they have a special teams section).

anyone know what time they will be announced today?until then please guess who makes it from your favorite teamill start:Locks:Adrian PetersonSteve HutchinsonLikely:Kevin WilliamsTony RichardsonBorderline:Pat WilliamsBryant McKinnieMatt BirkEJ HendersonDarren SharperChris Kluwe
Antoine Winfield has been getting more press lately, I would put him at Borderline. Heath Farwell might make it on special teams. I haven't seen any voting numbers, but I would guess AD, Hutch, EJ, and Heath (if they have a special teams section).
EJ won't make it. There's just way too much depth at ILB in the NFC.

EJ is the guy im pulling for most, he deserves it, but there are alot of good MLB's with a better "name" status.Good call on Heath, he has a decent shot.With the best run game and the best run d, id hope 2 olineman and 2 dlineman make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys Send Franchise-Record Tying 11 To Pro Bowl

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=E...B7239B2A4FE69F0

Through a list compiled by the players, Cowboys will send a franchise-record tying 11 players to Hawaii, including seven starters - offensive linemen Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode; tight end Jason Witten; wide receiver Terrell Owens; outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware; and kicker Nick Folk, the first Cowboys rookie since 1990 to make the NFC squad.

Other selections include quarterback Tony Romo, running back Marion Barber, safety Ken Hamlin and cornerback Terence Newman.

Through a list compiled by the players, Cowboys will send a franchise-record tying 11 players to Hawaii, including seven starters - offensive linemen Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode; tight end Jason Witten; wide receiver Terrell Owens; outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware; and kicker Nick Folk, the first Cowboys rookie since 1990 to make the NFC squad.

Other selections include quarterback Tony Romo, running back Marion Barber, safety Ken Hamlin and cornerback Terence Newman.
No Roy Williams? Hallelujah! The long national nightmare has come to an end.

EJ won't make it. There's just way too much depth at ILB in the NFC.
I agree, but think he should be considered. He has 3.5 sacks along with 3 FF and 16 QB hurries. Add that to the fact that he is the leading tackler on the NFL No.1 rushing defense and he should get consideration.Willis and Barnett make it before him, though.

Wow looks like Barber beat Portis for that final RB spot.

Problem with some of those guys.. is they are just benefitting from the overall machine... like Barber... curious what he does on Tampa Bay or Washington. Nick Folk... he is only there because the teams moves the bowl so well...

A lot of deserving players get left out, this is why many people hate the pro bowl. It's always a popularity contest. Look at Dallas. 11 players just because they won 12 games? No way they deserve 3 offensive linemen in the pro bowl.

yeah A lot of deserving players get left out, this is why many people hate the pro bowl. It's always a popularity contest. Look at Dallas. 11 players just because they won 12 games? No way they deserve 3 offensive linemen in the pro bowl.
Gurode making it, probably takes out Birk

It's a travesty if Fred Taylor doesn't make it. I'd also like to nominate David Garrard. The rest? Meh. Maybe Rashean Mathis on reputation.

yeah A lot of deserving players get left out, this is why many people hate the pro bowl. It's always a popularity contest. Look at Dallas. 11 players just because they won 12 games? No way they deserve 3 offensive linemen in the pro bowl.
Yeah, most likely. Although I think he's been less impressive than Hutch and McKinnie this year.

It's a travesty if Fred Taylor doesn't make it. I'd also like to nominate David Garrard. The rest? Meh. Maybe Rashean Mathis on reputation.
Yeah, he's been good, but LDT and Willie Parker are in IMO. That means he's fighting with Willis McGahee, Joe Addai, and Jamal Lewis for the third spot. Gonna be a tough fight.

Yeah, most likely. Although I think he's been less impressive than Hutch and McKinnie this year.
yeah, he didnt help himself last night with Urlacher's 2 sacks coming untouched right down the middle.

yeah, he didnt help himself last night with Urlacher's 2 sacks coming untouched right down the middle.
Voting ended last week i believe.

Yeah, he's been good, but LDT and Willie Parker are in IMO. That means he's fighting with Willis McGahee, Joe Addai, and Jamal Lewis for the third spot. Gonna be a tough fight.
Willie Parker? Fred is averaging a 1 yard per carry more and has more TDs. Parker has 226 more yards on 104 more carries.

Willie Parker? Fred is averaging a 1 yard per carry more and has more TDs. Parker has 226 more yards on 104 more carries.
Yeah, he's still leading the NFL in rushing? I find it hard to believe that the league leader in rushing wouldn't make the pro-bowl. Plus, if Pittsburgh didn't pass every time they got inside the 5, Parker would have a lot more TDs. Fact is he's carried that Pittsburgh teams at times this year. Basically, MJD hurts Taylor in this situation.

Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen and tight end Tony Gonzalez were named today to this year's Pro Bowl. It will be Allen's first appearance on the roster and Gonzalez's ninth consecutive appearance.

To me, the most interesting thing will be the 3rd QB in the AFC. You have Brady and Manning, but who is 3. It could be Rothlisberger, Anderson, Garrard, or, well thats probably it.

Yeah, he's still leading the NFL in rushing? I find it hard to believe that the league leader in rushing wouldn't make the pro-bowl. Plus, if Pittsburgh didn't pass every time they got inside the 5, Parker would have a lot more TDs. Fact is he's carried that Pittsburgh teams at times this year. Basically, MJD hurts Taylor in this situation.
Now that I look at it though, Parker is the only one Taylor could knock off. I think Addai gets the nod with his 1400+ total yards and 14 total TDs. Obviously LDT is a lock. I just think Parker will get the third nod leaving off a very deserving Fred Taylor.

Users who are viewing this thread