What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Ravens playoffs thread (1 Viewer)

The_Man

Footballguy
What an unbelievable game and an unbelievable season.

Ravens need to take care of business at home vs. Jax next week and they're the #6 seed.

I'm already liking their matchup vs. whatever team emerges from the AFC East as the #3 seed.

And then it's a divisional round clash with the #1 seed.

Hey, Steelers. You might want to think about resting your starters tomorrow and letting the Titans clinch #1.

By the way, I'm drunk and heading to my Ravens board now where I'll do the rest of my celebrating without further annoying people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an unbelievable game and an unbelievable season.Ravens need to take care of business at home vs. Jax next week and they're the #6 seed.I'm already liking their matchup vs. whatever team emerges from the AFC East as the #3 seed.And then it's a divisional round clash with the #1 seed.Hey, Steelers. You might want to think about resting your starters tomorrow and letting the Titans clinch #1.By the way, I'm drunk and heading to my Ravens board now where I'll do the rest of my celebrating without further annoying people here.
No need for us steelers to be scared, 2-0 vs Balt this year.

What an unbelievable game and an unbelievable season.Ravens need to take care of business at home vs. Jax next week and they're the #6 seed.I'm already liking their matchup vs. whatever team emerges from the AFC East as the #3 seed.And then it's a divisional round clash with the #1 seed.Hey, Steelers. You might want to think about resting your starters tomorrow and letting the Titans clinch #1.By the way, I'm drunk and heading to my Ravens board now where I'll do the rest of my celebrating without further annoying people here.
No need for us steelers to be scared, 2-0 vs Balt this year.
Great -- I look forward to one more clash. I should probably edit the title of this thread to include the Cowboys staying home too.

Steeler fan checking in.

I'm not to proud to admit it, I'd much rather the Steelers play any other team in the playoffs other than the Ravens. They're a tough out for sure.

Steeler fan checking in.I'm not to proud to admit it, I'd much rather the Steelers play any other team in the playoffs other than the Ravens. They're a tough out for sure.
Just imagine that the Ravens beat the AFC East champ and the Colts beat the West champ (probably denver) in the Wild Card Round.Can you imagine a divisional round with two incredible divisional rivalry games -- Balt at Pitt and Indy at Tennessee?To be honest, the Ravens match up so badly with the Colts (and so well with Tenn and Pitt by comparison), the best scenario for Balt would be -- Tenn wins tomorrow, and the Ravens face them in the divisional round and -- if they pull the upset -- have Pitt beat Indy in the other divisional game so that the AFC Championship is Baltimore at Pittsburgh.To be honest, I have a scary feeling that the Jets and/or Dolphins lose tomorrow and that New England slides back in as the East champ. Would so much rather face the Jets or Dolphins than the Pats in that 3 vs. 6 Wild Card game.

Steeler fan checking in.I'm not to proud to admit it, I'd much rather the Steelers play any other team in the playoffs other than the Ravens. They're a tough out for sure.
On the other hand, the likely alternative to the Ravens is the Colts, who haven't lost since the World Series was placed in weather limbo. Regardless of seed, the two bye teams in the AFC are going to have tough games in the divisional round.

To be honest, I have a scary feeling that the Jets and/or Dolphins lose tomorrow and that New England slides back in as the East champ. Would so much rather face the Jets or Dolphins than the Pats in that 3 vs. 6 Wild Card game.
I thought the Patriots had new life, but, with the Ravens win tonight I think the Pats are done. If either the Jets or Dolphins finish 2-0, the Patriots are staying home. I gotta think one of those will occur.

if the jags bring the same intensity next week as they did thursday they won't make things easy on the ravens and possibly give the 2nd team out of the AFC east life

Steeler fan checking in.

I'm not to proud to admit it, I'd much rather the Steelers play any other team in the playoffs other than the Ravens. They're a tough out for sure.
Just imagine that the Ravens beat the AFC East champ and the Colts beat the West champ (probably denver) in the Wild Card Round.Can you imagine a divisional round with two incredible divisional rivalry games -- Balt at Pitt and Indy at Tennessee?

To be honest, the Ravens match up so badly with the Colts (and so well with Tenn and Pitt by comparison), the best scenario for Balt would be -- Tenn wins tomorrow, and the Ravens face them in the divisional round and -- if they pull the upset -- have Pitt beat Indy in the other divisional game so that the AFC Championship is Baltimore at Pittsburgh.

To be honest, I have a scary feeling that the Jets and/or Dolphins lose tomorrow and that New England slides back in as the East champ. Would so much rather face the Jets or Dolphins than the Pats in that 3 vs. 6 Wild Card game.
Aren't the Ravens 0-4 against those three teams this year? Baltimore is a solid team but they've got some work to do before they come to Pittsburgh again.

Baltimore is a solid team but they've got some work to do before they come to Pittsburgh again.
Agreed. Like the defense figuring out how not to collapse at the end of games, which they have now done two weeks in a row. Those two long runs bailed them out tonight, but had they not, we would be talking about how a Baltimore defensive collapse probably cost them a playoff spot.

Happy the Ravens won. Much rather see the Jets face them than the Patriots in the playoffs.

Not to take anything away from the teams performance so far this season, but I don't think the Ravens will be going very far if they continue to keep Flacco in a protective cubby and not be able to showcase his natural skill.

Nothing wrong with that of course -- he's still a rookie -- but if they want to make a serious run at the Super Bowl it may behoove them to take the gamble and open up the offense for him once again.

Happy the Ravens won. Much rather see the Jets face them than the Patriots in the playoffs.
Nice to see Chase checking in with his usual Ravens bashing. I'd much rather face the Jets than the Patriots in the playoffs as well.Though it looks like the only thing the Jets will be facing in the playoffs is their TV sets.I was pulling for the Titans yesterday -- already looking into the future for the playoffs. Divisional round could now shape up as:Ravens (if they beat the AFC East champ) at TitansWinner of Indy vs. Denver/SD (which) at SteelersShades of 2000, with the Ravens going into Tennessee to face the top-seeded Titans in the divisional round. I also like the distant promise of an AFC Championship rematch with the Steelers.First things first, though -- let's take care of the Jags!

Steeler fan checking in.

Just imagine that the Ravens beat the AFC East champ and the Colts beat the West champ (probably denver) in the Wild Card Round.Can you imagine a divisional round with two incredible divisional rivalry games -- Balt at Pitt and Indy at Tennessee?

To be honest, the Ravens match up so badly with the Colts (and so well with Tenn and Pitt by comparison), the best scenario for Balt would be -- Tenn wins tomorrow, and the Ravens face them in the divisional round and -- if they pull the upset -- have Pitt beat Indy in the other divisional game so that the AFC Championship is Baltimore at Pittsburgh.

Aren't the Ravens 0-4 against those three teams this year? Baltimore is a solid team but they've got some work to do before they come to Pittsburgh again.
I think what The Man means - and I agree with - is that the Ravens played much better against both Tennessee & Pittsburgh than they did (& have in recent years) against the Colts. If I have to pick my poison as a Ravens fan, I'd rather play Tenn/Pitt than Indy - as counterintuitive as that may seem. For whatever reason, the Colts are just a terrible matchup for the Ravens, while they actually had a chance to win all of their games against the other two.Also, I'd rather play the AFCE winner in this order: Jets, Dolphins (who Baltimore has already beaten this year), and then NE (who scares me almost as much as the Colts - just don't like the matchup).

I shouldn't have put "Steelers be scared" in the original title of this thread, but I was drunk and giddy on the Cowboys win when I wrote it.

So I went ahead and changed it. That being said, I would love a Ravens-Steelers showdown in the AFC Championship game. That would be incredible.

What a great year for the Ravens. Missing 3 starters on defense (McAlister, Kelly Gregg, safety Dawan Landry). Losing Rolle for half the season. Ed Reed making play after play on one leg and with a time bomb in his spinal column. Ngata emerging as a force. Suggs reaching his prime at age 26. And Ray Lewis continuing to excel.

On offense, the Ravens lost two cornerstones before training camp even started - McNair and Ogden. Jared Gaither has been a revelation as JO's replacement. And Joe Flacco -- slated to be the #3 QB as late as week 3 of the preseason -- coming from Delaware to providing Baltimore the best QB its seen in more than a decade.

Another cornerstone, McGahee, has missed 3 games and struggled all year. So McClain switched from fullback and has had a great season. Meanwhile, on the O Line, they started the season with 5 guys all playing new positions for the first time. And they've come together as a strength of the team, even with Yanda going out for the year early on, and Willie Anderson filling in for Adam Terry at RT.

Heap has largely disappeared and a season-ending injury to Demetrius Williams has left the team with literally only 2 NFL caliber WRs. And so Derrick Mason goes out there each week with a dislocated shoulder and shows what toughness is all about.

It's been just an incredible season, and I hope they keep it going with a win over the Jags this Sunday.

Nice to see Chase checking in with his usual Ravens bashing. I'd much rather face the Jets than the Patriots in the playoffs as well.Though it looks like the only thing the Jets will be facing in the playoffs is their TV sets.I was pulling for the Titans yesterday -- already looking into the future for the playoffs. Divisional round could now shape up as:Ravens (if they beat the AFC East champ) at TitansWinner of Indy vs. Denver/SD (which) at SteelersShades of 2000, with the Ravens going into Tennessee to face the top-seeded Titans in the divisional round. I also like the distant promise of an AFC Championship rematch with the Steelers.First things first, though -- let's take care of the Jags!
Heavy dose of McClain vs the Jags and then open it up vs MIAMI. Then Beat the Titans like they should have done earlier this year if it wasn't for that BOGUS call against Suggs. Then the AFC Championship vs Pitt in a game that will see the Ravens avenge two close losses, this time their D won't collapse in the fianl 2 minutes. If I'm in the AFC and going to the playoffs, I'm scared to face the Ravens.

North said:
Nice to see Chase checking in with his usual Ravens bashing. I'd much rather face the Jets than the Patriots in the playoffs as well.Though it looks like the only thing the Jets will be facing in the playoffs is their TV sets.

I was pulling for the Titans yesterday -- already looking into the future for the playoffs. Divisional round could now shape up as:

Ravens (if they beat the AFC East champ) at Titans

Winner of Indy vs. Denver/SD (which) at Steelers

Shades of 2000, with the Ravens going into Tennessee to face the top-seeded Titans in the divisional round. I also like the distant promise of an AFC Championship rematch with the Steelers.

First things first, though -- let's take care of the Jags!
Heavy dose of McClain vs the Jags and then open it up vs MIAMI. Then Beat the Titans like they should have done earlier this year if it wasn't for that BOGUS call against Suggs. Then the AFC Championship vs Pitt in a game that will see the Ravens avenge two close losses, this time their D won't collapse in the fianl 2 minutes. If I'm in the AFC and going to the playoffs, I'm scared to face the Ravens.
Not only was the call bogus, but the play should have been blown dead as Tenn was flagged for a false start. But that's water under the bridge now. The Ravens had chances to make plays afterwards & couldn't do it.I think the Birds are a notch below Pitt, Tenn, & Indy so they'll need to play close to perfect and also have the breaks on their side (they've had the ball bounce their way quite a bit this season). I agree, though, that they're a dangerous matchup for some of the favorites.

Back from the game now and still drunk. But bumping for now until I post more later.

Congrats to the Ravens -- a very deserving playoff team. At 8-4, they had to go 3-1 vs. Washington, Pittsburgh, @ Dallas and Jacksonville to make the playoffs and they did it in convincing fashion.

Love the matchup with the Dolphins. Ravens can shut down the Miami running game and Chad doesn't have the arm to give them trouble over the top. Just hope Faiban Washington, Ray Rice and other guys playing hurt -- Reed, Mason, Anderson, etc. -- can suit up.

Still looking ahead to a trip to Tenn in the divisional round

Non-Ravens fan here.

I think the Ravens are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs. After reading some of these posts, the good news is that the Jets can still play New England next week if they want.

Pitt can't be feeling as confident facing the Ravens with a banged up Ben. Although I still think they win if his concussion isn't severe.

Facing MIA in the first round instead of NE just extended the Ravens playoff run by at least one week, IMO.

One of the least impressive offensive games since October, but a convincing win. They'll need to be much sharper vs. the Titans.

Nice flashback to 2000 though -- convincing Wild Card win followed by a trip to Tennessee.

Hope to follow that up with another 2000 flashback -- an AFC Championship game on the West Coast, followed by the Giants in Tampa for the Super Bowl.

Ed Reed has 10 INTs and 3 TDs in his last 7 games. Unreal.

Nice to see Chase checking in with his usual Ravens bashing. I'd much rather face the Jets than the Patriots in the playoffs as well.Though it looks like the only thing the Jets will be facing in the playoffs is their TV sets.

I was pulling for the Titans yesterday -- already looking into the future for the playoffs. Divisional round could now shape up as:

Ravens (if they beat the AFC East champ) at Titans

Winner of Indy vs. Denver/SD (which) at Steelers

Shades of 2000, with the Ravens going into Tennessee to face the top-seeded Titans in the divisional round. I also like the distant promise of an AFC Championship rematch with the Steelers.

First things first, though -- let's take care of the Jags!
We want Pittsburgh! We want Pittsburgh!Well, Steelers, the Ravens are in the AFC Championship. Sure would be a shame if you don't hold up your end of the bargain and win tomorrow.

And, yes, I am drunk again.

Ravens are so banged up now -- Willie Anderson, McClain, Suggs, Rolle, maybe Fabian Washington.

But who cares? The incredible season continues.

LOL at "hope to see the Steelers". Man when will the Chargers get an ounce of respect?

Users who are viewing this thread