What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (1 Viewer)

starting him over Aaron Rodgers. Tough to do but he's gonna light up that ATL defense. Expecting minimum 3 TD's with outside shot at 5

starting him over Aaron Rodgers. Tough to do but he's gonna light up that ATL defense. Expecting minimum 3 TD's with outside shot at 5
Same here
:mellow: I don't see that at all.
Have you not seen the eagles offense and the falcons defense?
I also know that Bradford hasn't played in ages and Rodgers is ranked as the #1 QB just about everywhere for week 1.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here
Have you seen the packers offense and the bears defense? the packers scored 55 on the bears last time.

i can't believe anyone would bench rodgers for bradford.

Same here
Have you seen the packers offense and the bears defense? the packers scored 55 on the bears last time.

you'll believe after week 1.

As long as Bradford is healthy and playing against a horrendous defense he's a top 3 fantasy QB.

Same here
I drafted Bradford as my # 1 in round 6 so I'm obviously very high on him but that's pretty gutsy (or maybe insane?) to start him in week 1 over the best QB in football. It's not as if the Packers are going up against a juggernaut defense.

Same here

As long as Bradford is healthy and playing against a horrendous defense he's a top 3 fantasy QB.
And Rodgers isn't?

Same here

And Rodgers isn't?
Jordy is gone. I love Rodgers but that is a huge issue early in the season. D.Adams is ok but he doesn't play the role of Jordy. The long TD's are off the table without Jordy.

Rodgers will put up 280/2-3 TD's week 1. Bradford 300+/3+ minimum. It's a no brainer from what i'm seeing.

I wouldn't draft another qb if I spent that early pick on Rodgers in a standard setup let alone bench him. But I drafted Bradford in several leagues, twice as my first qb taken.

Same here

And Rodgers isn't?
Jordy is gone. I love Rodgers but that is a huge issue early in the season. D.Adams is ok but he doesn't play the role of Jordy. The long TD's are off the table without Jordy.

Rodgers will put up 280/2-3 TD's week 1. Bradford 300+/3+ minimum. It's a no brainer from what i'm seeing.
Rodgers is such an elite QB (in his prime) that I honestly don't think it matters who is catching the ball from him. He will be a stud all season long. Bradford may be the same but it's not a guarantee like it is with Rodgers. Anyways, I did draft Bradford really high so I hope you're right.

Same here

And Rodgers isn't?

Rodgers is such an elite QB (in his prime) that I honestly don't think it matters who is catching the ball from him. He will be a stud all season long. Bradford may be the same but it's not a guarantee like it is with Rodgers. Anyways, I did draft Bradford really high so I hope you're right.
Packers are my favorite team, i think Rodgers will be a top 5 QB this season but the loss of Jordy is being hugely underestimated. Jordy spreads the field, defenses had to respect his ability to go deep. They don't have that consistent deep threat anymore, Adams is not a burner and he doesn't run routes near as good as Jordy. The Packers passing offense is going to suffer without Jordy.

My entire strategy in most leagues revolved around Arian Foster and Bradford...have them both in almost every league. Bradford is on every team.

I'm super hyped about Bradford but I would start Rodgers over him without a thought. Way safer play.

Same here
Have you seen the packers offense and the bears defense? the packers scored 55 on the bears last time.i can't believe anyone would bench rodgers for bradford.

And Rodgers isn't?

Packers are my favorite team, i think Rodgers will be a top 5 QB this season but the loss of Jordy is being hugely underestimated. Jordy spreads the field, defenses had to respect his ability to go deep. They don't have that consistent deep threat anymore, Adams is not a burner and he doesn't run routes near as good as Jordy. The Packers passing offense is going to suffer without Jordy.
It will suffer but I think adding JJ was a big move. They have Lacy to pound the rock, Adams to move the chains, and Cobb and JJ in the red zone. Where Jordy will be missed is the big play. They will have to change their offensive philosophy. I think Lacy is the biggest to gain with Jordy's loss.

I'm super hyped about Bradford but I would start Rodgers over him without a thought. Way safer play.
i'd start rodgers on the basis that there's at least a 10% chance bradford doesn't make it through the game.
The same percentage Rodgers has of not making it through the game. Same as pretty much any player. It's the NFL.
Everyone faces a chance. No, every player does not face the same chance.

Sam comes in with a reputation as a guy who -- at this stage of his career -- is immobile, fragile, oblivious to pressure, and prone to taking bad hits. Teams will be game planning to attack him in ways they don't for every other QB. Especially because history has shown pretty conclusively it's an effective plan.

Sam's gonna see a ton of Suggs style hits this year, and if he survives them, he'll have earned it. :shrug:

Yeah starting him over Rodgers is over thinking things--It is good IMO, that you have that situation though. In a few weeks if Bradford is doing well you could get a decent return for him

Im starting over Tannehill. I would NEVER start him over Rodgers :lmao:
I totally get your reasoning..

As a matter of fact, I even posted my :2cents: on this question (Bradford or Tannehil) in the AC Forum.. (However the consensus is actually Tannehil) https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/732512-week-1-start-tannehill-or-bradford/

But that's not why Im posting really.. Rodgers is playing DaBears. Rodgers may have a new-ish target in Jones, and both Teams usually try n make it a game..

Basically w/ Miller in a contract year, and another yr for Tannehil to have chemistry...

(maybe I shouldn't get your reasoning)

Dismattle said:
shadyridr said:
I totally get your reasoning.. As a matter of fact, I even posted my :2cents: on this question (Bradford or Tannehil) in the AC Forum.. (However the consensus is actually Tannehil) https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/732512-week-1-start-tannehill-or-bradford/

But that's not why Im posting really.. Rodgers is playing DaBears. Rodgers may have a new-ish target in Jones, and both Teams usually try n make it a game..

Basically w/ Miller in a contract year, and another yr for Tannehil to have chemistry...

Aaron Rodgers has 19tds, 6 picks and 2486 yds vs the bears in his career.

Dismattle said:
shadyridr said:
I totally get your reasoning.. As a matter of fact, I even posted my :2cents: on this question (Bradford or Tannehil) in the AC Forum.. (However the consensus is actually Tannehil) https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/732512-week-1-start-tannehill-or-bradford/

Aaron Rodgers has 19tds, 6 picks and 2486 yds vs the bears in his career.
last season he averaged 309/5/0

beef said:
Starting over Brady.
Blount is suspend and Pitt secondary sucks. Add in the revenge/banner factor and this isn't smart at all. Brady will be on your bench w 5TDs until Monday.

Barely starting him over Eli and people are considering benching Rodgers vs a bad Bears team?
:shrug:

People are crazy.

Yeah, anybody could outscore anybody, but bets don't get much safer than Rodgers against the Bears.

Or much riskier than Bradford against the Falcons in Quinn's first game -- fresh off a stint with the best defense in the NFL, and looking to make a statement about the perceived tissue-like nature of his current squad. I like Bradford to do well, but I also expect him to face a pretty amped up and aggressive Falcons squad.

Barely starting him over Eli and people are considering benching Rodgers vs a bad Bears team?

People are crazy.

Yeah, anybody could outscore anybody, but bets don't get much safer than Rodgers against the Bears.

Or much riskier than Bradford against the Falcons in Quinn's first game -- fresh off a stint with the best defense in the NFL, and looking to make a statement about the perceived tissue-like nature of his current squad. I like Bradford to do well, but I also expect him to face a pretty amped up and aggressive Falcons squad.
i like the new falcons staff but they inherited a legit terribad roster. it doesn't get perceived like that because of ryan-to-julio and the ghost of roddy, but literally every position on their roster is thin or outright bad.

the seconday in particular has one decent young guy and maaaaybe drafted another. they'll be better by mid year than they were last season but this could be ugly to start, especially with as much as they'll be on the field with the eagles d line ripping the falcons pocket over and over

i'd play bradford over anyone but rodgers

Last edited by a moderator:

People are crazy.

i like the new falcons staff but they inherited a legit terribad roster. it doesn't get perceived like that because of ryan-to-julio and the ghost of roddy, but literally every position on their roster is thin or outright bad.

the seconday in particular has one decent young guy and maaaaybe drafted another. they'll be better by mid year than they were last season but this could be ugly to start, especially with as much as they'll be on the field with the eagles d line ripping the falcons pocket over and over

i'd play bradford over anyone but rodgers
I'm not suggesting they're not bad on D. Indeed, I think they are.

But I think Quinn's going to have a chip on his shoulder about that -- and about proving that he's the guy who can milk the most D out of this sad group -- and to that end, he's going to come out with the guns blazing a little bit. He's said he's tailoring to what he's got, and he doesn't have the horses to play the strict lockdown Cover 3 stuff any more. So I see him trying to be aggressive out of the gate. And really, it only takes one play.

I could see why people are benching rodgers. He could start slow missing J.nelson as it says in there when he lost Greg Jennings the first 8-weeks he didn't start so hot. Bradford is the ultimate risk/reward player. He could light up the scoreboards in this offense and put up a stat line of 350/4 or he could get hit once and be done for the rest of the game. I would still play rodgers though just because his floor is high and his ceiling is just as high. I definitely would have bradford though in my top 4 or 5 qbs this week just because his ceiling is also very high.

:shrug: People are crazy.

Good call so far

obviously nervous and shaking off rust the first half.

went back to looking scary in the second half

still a strong start going forward

Users who are viewing this thread