What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (1 Viewer)

This guy is killing the Eagles offense. Chip should be very worried about his job.
the oline play and drops have way more to do with this performance than bradford, but it's the height of predictability there will be a thousand no-analysis "told ya so"s like this from people who made up their mind on bradford and aren't interested in understanding what happens on the field.
It's more to do with the limb Chip has put himself on with many of his moves. This, since it is the QB, is the signature Chip roster move.

This guy is killing the Eagles offense. Chip should be very worried about his job.
the oline play and drops have way more to do with this performance than bradford, but it's the height of predictability there will be a thousand no-analysis "told ya so"s like this from people who made up their mind on bradford and aren't interested in understanding what happens on the field.
It's more to do with the limb Chip has put himself on with many of his moves. This, since it is the QB, is the signature Chip roster move.
Agreed

any eagles going to eat some crow or am i still an idiot for dropping bradford a week early instead of a week late?

Seems like people were making the same mistake with Bradford this offseason as they were with McFadden. So focused on the injury history that they forgot these guys were never really that good when healthy. Both have horrible career efficiency numbers with McFadden's poor ypc Bradford's poor ypa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like people were making the same mistake with Bradford this offseason as they were with McFadden. So focused on the injury history that they forgot these guys were never really that good when healthy. Both have horrible career efficiency numbers with McFadden's poor ypc Bradford's poor ypa.
Sam showed just enough his rookie year to give hope. Some players don't improve.

Sam showed just enough his rookie year to give hope. Some players don't improve.
Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. Bradford improved quite a bit from his 1st year to his 4th.

Still won't / can't get the ball downfield from what I've seen, same as in STL. Just checks down to someone in the flat play after play. It's early, but Philly might be in trouble with this guy.

What confuses me is that last couple years with Foles and Sanchez this was still a very good offense. How could it be so bad? Is the OL that much worse?

What confuses me is that last couple years with Foles and Sanchez this was still a very good offense. How could it be so bad? Is the OL that much worse?
Losing Mathis and Herremans, replacing them with Gardner and Barbre has been devastating to that line. Oh and Jason Peters looks like a shell of himself.

he isnt worth my last bench spot and i will never start him again over palmer. i drafted him in the 11th so his spot was never secure. we can agree to disagree, but acting like im an idiot because i value someone differently than you is a weak argument because nothing is ever certain in FF. if palmer goes down i will trade for a QB1 and since i dont think a healthy bradford is in the top 15 then there is no point using a bench spot on him.
Your disdain for Bradford appears very well founded now. Two questions:

Why did you ever draft him? With Palmer as your QB1, who is not by any means a fantasy stud, I would have thought you would have taken someone with a more solid track record, that you wouldn't cut after one game.

Why did you cut him after he had a 2nd half against Atlanta of 220 yards passing with 2 TD's (only one counted) and 1 INT?

Again you look good now, but it still was not the most logical decision.

It's like the poker player who goes all in pre-flop with pocket aces and loses and thinks he made a bad decision for going all in. Results based analysis.

he isnt worth my last bench spot and i will never start him again over palmer. i drafted him in the 11th so his spot was never secure. we can agree to disagree, but acting like im an idiot because i value someone differently than you is a weak argument because nothing is ever certain in FF. if palmer goes down i will trade for a QB1 and since i dont think a healthy bradford is in the top 15 then there is no point using a bench spot on him.
Your disdain for Bradford appears very well founded now. Two questions:

Why did you ever draft him? With Palmer as your QB1, who is not by any means a fantasy stud, I would have thought you would have taken someone with a more solid track record, that you wouldn't cut after one game.

Why did you cut him after he had a 2nd half against Atlanta of 220 yards passing with 2 TD's (only one counted) and 1 INT?

Again you look good now, but it still was not the most logical decision.

It's like the poker player who goes all in pre-flop with pocket aces and loses and thinks he made a bad decision for going all in. Results based analysis.
No and both are injury prone.

Losing Mathis and Herremans, replacing them with Gardner and Barbre has been devastating to that line. Oh and Jason Peters looks like a shell of himself.
Yes but who was responsible for letting Dallas linemen run right through when pulling in the 1st half? They w

What bothered me was Dallas linemen running right through when they were pulling in the 1st half. They were better in the second.

They didn't seem ready to play for some reason in the 1st half of either game. I started Bradford in both, am not dropping him, but wonder what the hell is going on.

ere better in the 2nd.

This OL stinks. Murray on pace for 88 yards rushing this year. Guys are coming thru like the OL is a turnstyle and hitting Murray in the backfield.

surprised murray was so bad last night

from Boom to poop
Murray wasn't bad, his line was. I was at the game. Anytime Bradford got the ball to Murray on a screen, he looked great. Breaking tackles, leaping over guys...exactly like he did last year. But the guy was mauled by defenders the second he took a handoff. Every time. Look at the film. Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't have done any differently.

from Boom to poop
Murray wasn't bad, his line was. I was at the game. Anytime Bradford got the ball to Murray on a screen, he looked great. Breaking tackles, leaping over guys...exactly like he did last year. But the guy was mauled by defenders the second he took a handoff. Every time. Look at the film. Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't have done any differently.
Sounds like a good reason to not pay a RB a ton of money.

from Boom to poop
I would agree with this if the Eagles paying a RB a lot of money had them cap strapped and unable to sign players at other positions. But that is not the case. The Eagles are in a good position relative to the cap.

The Eagles mistake is not drafting some offensive lineman the last two years.

from Boom to poop
They're paying less at RB this year than last.

from Boom to poop
But they are still paying way more than most. I understood the rational to ship off McCoy but I did not understand overpaying for another veteran RB. It made even less sense when they started dumping assets on their offensive line.

from Boom to poop
But they are still paying way more than most. I understood the rational to ship off McCoy but I did not understand overpaying for another veteran RB. It made even less sense when they started dumping assets on their offensive line.
I don't mind replacing older guys. The two we let go have done nothing so far (Mathis was on his ### several times watching Peyton get sackrd last Thursday). What I do not Understand is the lack of replacement. We haven't drafted a lineman since Chips first year when Howie was buying the groceries.

I own Bradford in a few leagues.. started him in a few yesterday.

First off is it me or does he look the the Great Gazoo from the flintstones with that helmet. I dunno seems that helmet is too big for him.

I dont think you can pin it all on Bradford. Entire team seems to be playing with their head up their asses. He seemed confused or ratted yesterday. Deer in headlights.

The center Kelce has been horrible. Guy had like 5-6 penalties the first game. Snapped the ball while Bradford wasnt expecting it. Maxwell is a turnstyle gate.

Too many dropped passes. Matthews must of been reading the preseason hype.

Bradford turned down a contract extension to bet on himself. Im sure with ever dropped pass and Murray getting hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage he is watching those millions go bye bye.

Bradford is no Tom Brady... hell even Phillip Rivers are get in the face of his teammates about their play. Looks more like a confused, overwhelmed young boy.

there must be an obvious tell now when Philly is going to run. seems like opposing defenses have figured something out
:goodposting: I agree with this. Until Chip figures out why his RB's are hit the instant they are handed the ball, the Philly offense is going nowhere.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the qb not being able to throw more than 10 yards downfield.
This. Bradford has done absolutely nothing to pull the LBs and safeties away from the LOS. Until the Eagles start threatening the deep seams nothing is going to change.

there must be an obvious tell now when Philly is going to run. seems like opposing defenses have figured something out
:goodposting: I agree with this. Until Chip figures out why his RB's are hit the instant they are handed the ball, the Philly offense is going nowhere.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the qb not being able to throw more than 10 yards downfield.
Was this the case with Bradford in St. Louis as well? I'm trying to figure out if it's a play calling issue or if it is in fact his inability to throw it downfield. I never thought this was an issue for him in the past.

Was this the case with Bradford in St. Louis as well? I'm trying to figure out if it's a play calling issue or if it is in fact his inability to throw it downfield. I never thought this was an issue for him in the past.
All accounts I've read are that Bradford has well above-average arm strength (albeit with questionable deep-ball accuracy, but you can say the same about almost every QB not named Joe Flacco). Which makes Kelly's playcalling in the first two games even more baffling than it would be otherwise.

If I hadn't watched the first two games and you showed me the game logs with the QB's name scratched out, I would have bet my mortgage that Bradford got knocked out on the first series of Game 1 and they'd been working with noddle-arm Sanchez the whole time.

Looks like anytime Philly faces a Dline that is average or better, they are in a world of hurt. The oline is really awful. Not defending Bradford but yesterday was not all his fault. T

There is some talent on the field but it looks like nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing.

His career yards / attempt is 6.3 -- that's absolutely atrocious. It was a big issue in St. Louis as well. He's like a poor man's Alex Smith.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_per_att_career.htm

His career yards / attempt is 6.3 -- that's absolutely atrocious. It was a big issue in St. Louis as well. He's like a poor man's Alex Smith.

Wow never would have thought that given his supposedly strong arm.

Wow never would have thought that given his supposedly strong arm.
Yeah -- a few posters (Magaw mainly) continually tried to blame things on his lack of weapons / protection and the play calling. At some point though you've got to call the duck a duck. Bradford is worse is that category that David Carr, Rex Grossman, Billy Joe Tolliver, and a host of other scrubs. I'm not sure how much of it is an unwillingness to go downfield vs. ineffectiveness throwing deep, but after 1849 career attempts, it's not something that I think is too likely to drastically change.

Users who are viewing this thread