What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (1 Viewer)

Trading Foles to gamble that Bradford isn't the guy he looked like in STL would be one thing. Throwing in a 2nd, a 4th, and giving up the cap room to resign Maclin is another. Results matter, Bradford is in the same tier as Sanchez and Foles as a QB, and the trade was brutal.
5-1 in last 6.
Doing just welll enough to potentially sucker the Eagles into a contact extension.
Dying to see your list of better available quarterbacks this offseason.

JuniorNB said:
Tool said:
Deamon said:
Trading Foles to gamble that Bradford isn't the guy he looked like in STL would be one thing. Throwing in a 2nd, a 4th, and giving up the cap room to resign Maclin is another. Results matter, Bradford is in the same tier as Sanchez and Foles as a QB, and the trade was brutal.
5-1 in last 6.
Doing just welll enough to potentially sucker the Eagles into a contact extension.
There's not anyone better. Just can't believe that Eagles fans can be excited to have Bradford as their qb for the foreseeable future.

JuniorNB said:
Tool said:
Deamon said:
5-1 in last 6.
There's not anyone better. Just can't believe that Eagles fans can be excited to have Bradford as their qb for the foreseeable future.
It's easy when you watch sanchez play

JuniorNB said:
Tool said:
Deamon said:
5-1 in last 6.
Who's excited? IMO, he's just the best option. Someone's gotta lineup under center. And who knows, maybe in year 2 he actually becomes good in Chip's offense. Right now, he has the his 2nd best QB rating in his relatively short career.

Bradford is the sort of guy that is a natural fit for the franchise tag. No responsible team would give a guy with his extensive injury history and shaky track record a massive contract after just a half-season of "good-enough" performances.

Bradford is the sort of guy that is a natural fit for the franchise tag. No responsible team would give a guy with his extensive injury history and shaky track record a massive contract after just a half-season of "good-enough" performances.
So pay him $21.6 mil that all goes towards your cap that year. Yea that ain't happening.

I'm fine with Bradford going forward - he's shown improvement. We need to use our first rounder on OL or Best Available, not on a shaky QB prospect (which is all we'd get at 15 or so). Keep QB continuity, hopefully we'll see improvement from Matthews and Agholar, and see where we're at.

I'm fine with Bradford going forward - he's shown improvement. We need to use our first rounder on OL or Best Available, not on a shaky QB prospect (which is all we'd get at 15 or so). Keep QB continuity, hopefully we'll see improvement from Matthews and Agholar, and see where we're at.
At this point, that's all we got. Hopefully he can become a Dalton level game manager or perhaps even Flacco level.

5-1 in last 6.
Then you've just contradicted yourself. If there's no one better available, how can he be 'suckering' the Eagles into signing him? If there's no one better, the Eagles would be suckers not to sign him. I hope things are clearing up for you now.

Guess Im the only one left staring him, Im a casualty of Lucks bad kidney. Rolling him out there in a 2 qb league, get it done for me Sammy!

He would be OK if his pass receivers werent complete total garbage.
37/56, 380, and 1/0 is considered "OK" in my books, even with his garbage receivers.
And that's with 7 Eagles drops. He played a great game. Unfortunately, no one else on his team did.
He played a decent to good game. If we're not scoring, drops or no, he did not play great.
Wouldn't say "great", but much better then "decent to good". How did he not play good? He threw it into Aghalors hands in the endzone. Missed a couple throws, but got a ton of yardage (yes, some in garbage time), didn't throw any picks, and stood in the pocket well and had pretty good awareness of the field. If you need to obsess over labelling his performance with a word, let's say he had a "good" game.

37/56, 380, and 1/0 is considered "OK" in my books, even with his garbage receivers.
And that's with 7 Eagles drops. He played a great game. Unfortunately, no one else on his team did.
He played a decent to good game. If we're not scoring, drops or no, he did not play great.
Wouldn't say "great", but much better then "decent to good". How did he not play good? He threw it into Aghalors hands in the endzone. Missed a couple throws, but got a ton of yardage (yes, some in garbage time), didn't throw any picks, and stood in the pocket well and had pretty good awareness of the field. If you need to obsess over labelling his performance with a word, let's say he had a "good" game.
without drops, he could have had 450 yards and three touchdowns.

without drops, he could have had 450 yards and three touchdowns.
Game would have been closer and less garbage yards in the 4th though.

I think with the "normal" 2-3 drops, he has 375 and 2 though, and no int. That's a great game.

"Kelly also reiterated that the Eagles wouldn't have traded for Sam Bradford if they only intended to keep him for one year. The quarterback said on Saturday that he'd like to return to Philadelphia next season, which Kelly said he already knew.

“I know where Sam stood the whole season and we’re on the same page in terms of where we are, it’s just we don’t negotiate during the season with anybody," Kelly said. "So that wasn’t a ‘Hey, we don’t want Sam back.’ That’s just the way it is. Players shoudn’t be worried about a contract while the season is going on and that will be something that we will address after the season. That may be news to you guys, but it’s not news to us that Sam is happy here.”

Asked about the Eagles' philosophy of not negotiating contracts during the season, the head coach said "that's the way it was explained to me."

“That’s just the organization’s [philosophy], and I agree with it," Kelly said. "I don’t think any player should go be going out there on Sunday worrying about, ‘Do I have a contract? Do I not have a contract?’ That’s not what it’s about.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/12/28/chip-kelly-jason-peters-philadelphia-eagles/#OirCHZwz2OkGFKyP.99

great game if you ignore the 5 sacks, 3 fumbles, and 5 yards per attempt.
sacks are his fault? LolAnd he averaged 7 per attempt. And his receivers dropped 7 passes. He played just fine. Missed Ertz badly on one throw, but even Brady/Montana make a bad throw from time to time when under pressure.

Time to learn another system Sam!
It's pretty unbelievable what he's gone through in terms of different systems seemingly every year.

The good news for Bradford is, barring anything happening Sunday, he'll have managed to avoid a major injury this season. Staying healthy was the first thing he had to prove and hopefully for him he's done that now.

Do they let him walk, start over and draft a QB? Their D is garbage so they are going no where next year. Signing him to a new deal doesn't seem like the right move.

Do they let him walk, start over and draft a QB? Their D is garbage so they are going no where next year. Signing him to a new deal doesn't seem like the right move.
Their defense won't be bad with a better coordinator. Also, they were playing well before Jordan Hicks was lost for the season. Billy Davis is the worst defensive coordinator in the league. Just horrible.

I've never seen a QB cursed by so much change.

Has he ever had the same starting WRs, coach, and OC two years in a row?

With Kelly gone, after seeing the flack he got for a 380 yard performance, I hope Eagles fans tone it down a smidge. I hope he's not the next guy run out of town.

He is such a gem of a person- he's one of the few that really can do some good during the offseason in the community and bringing players together and all that. Ya need that, every team needs that.

I would imagine one of their backs is traded and be hopeful it's for the right guy opposite Matthews. The line was terrible some weeks so I'm gonna guess that gets some offseason attention.

I don't know what's with the D- They were awful and I see some names I recognize as either good players or were quality at draft time. Their offense moves the ball, that's significant but they gotta score more points and that D can't keep allowing a ton of points themselves.

If a new coach and GM are going to gut this team....geesh I feel bad for Bradford and Eagles fans then. 10-6 previous two years does not seem like gutting is warranted. Seems more like a few bad apples, maybe some guys on tape not giving full effort, and that's about it.

With Kelly gone, after seeing the flack he got for a 380 yard performance, I hope Eagles fans tone it down a smidge. I hope he's not the next guy run out of town.

He is such a gem of a person- he's one of the few that really can do some good during the offseason in the community and bringing players together and all that. Ya need that, every team needs that.

I would imagine one of their backs is traded and be hopeful it's for the right guy opposite Matthews. The line was terrible some weeks so I'm gonna guess that gets some offseason attention.

I don't know what's with the D- They were awful and I see some names I recognize as either good players or were quality at draft time. Their offense moves the ball, that's significant but they gotta score more points and that D can't keep allowing a ton of points themselves.

If a new coach and GM are going to gut this team....geesh I feel bad for Bradford and Eagles fans then. 10-6 previous two years does not seem like gutting is warranted. Seems more like a few bad apples, maybe some guys on tape not giving full effort, and that's about it.
that's a Philadelphia trademark. Way too critical of its own players. Bradford could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns, and most posts will be about a bad throw he made. They would be down on Cam Newton this year. It's just a Philly thing, I guess. I just hope Bradford isn't one to read message boards or listen to local sports radio. If so, I doubt he'd want to resign. Imagine how he'd be revered in Cleveland or Houston?

Other than the missed TD to Ertz I thought Bradford played very well last Saturday. Can't believe anyone would give him heat for that game.

Other than the missed TD to Ertz I thought Bradford played very well last Saturday. Can't believe anyone would give him heat for that game.
especially considering the 7 drops by his receivers. He could have had 450 yards and 3 TDs if his receivers didn't have the dropsies. He played well enough to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

that's a Philadelphia trademark. Way too critical of its own players. Bradford could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns, and most posts will be about a bad throw he made. They would be down on Cam Newton this year. It's just a Philly thing, I guess. I just hope Bradford isn't one to read message boards or listen to local sports radio. If so, I doubt he'd want to resign. Imagine how he'd be revered in Cleveland or Houston?
If he threw for 4 TDs, no one would complain. Yards mean nothing anymore because of the passing state of this league. It's when he throws for 380 yards and only has 1 TD that's frustrating. The QB is the point man on the offense and if the offense isn't scoring then what's the point if he throws for 500 yards.

Now I'd be willing to franchise him for the big bucks just to see if he has the health and the skills to thrive in a more conventional offense. I'd like to think that a long term deal is off the table with a new coach coming in.

If he threw for 4 TDs, no one would complain. Yards mean nothing anymore because of the passing state of this league. It's when he throws for 380 yards and only has 1 TD that's frustrating. The QB is the point man on the offense and if the offense isn't scoring then what's the point if he throws for 500 yards. Now I'd be willing to franchise him for the big bucks just to see if he has the health and the skills to thrive in a more conventional offense. I'd like to think that a long term deal is off the table with a new coach coming in.
So you don't think he played a good game against Washington? You do realize that 7 drops contributed to the lack of yards/points, don't you?

Agholor dropped a 29-yard TD right in his hands. That wasn't Bradford's fault. Bradford also led the Eagles on scoring drives that were capped by short TD runs. He played well on both of those scoring drives but due to moving the ball so close to the end zone the TDs went to the running game. That isn't his fault or a knock on how he played.

Agholor dropped a 29-yard TD right in his hands. That wasn't Bradford's fault. Bradford also led the Eagles on scoring drives that were capped by short TD runs. He played well on both of those scoring drives but due to moving the ball so close to the end zone the TDs went to the running game. That isn't his fault or a knock on how he played.
Bradford needs to be like Cam Newton and take the one yard touchdown runs for himself. Makes the stats look better.

Bradford did play terribly on defense, He couldn't cover anyone at all or get any pressure on Cousins. No denying that.
Chip's hurry up and go 3 and out offense doesn't really help the defense, does it? We're talking about a game that was over in the 3rd quarter. He probably got a quarter of his yards when the game was well out of reach the redskins were content giving him 8-10 yard over the middle all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread