What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sirius NFL*** (1 Viewer)

The Gator

Footballguy
Im interested to see how many FBG have SIRIUS NFL. Id also like to see what your favorite program is. I for one like the Pat Kirwan, Tim Ryan duo. Shannon Sharpe with anyone is also good.

I only listen to the morning (7-8) and the afternoon (430-530).I really like the Barber Shop (Tuesday night) and I think the Afternoon Blitz is decent.

HERE! :thumbup:

Agree on Ryan and Kirwin. They are my favorite pair. I never miss Moving the Chains, but I don't care for the personalities on The Red Zone. Gil Brandt has interesting anecdotes, but I get tired of hearing him end EVERY sentence with "is what it amounts to"..... as in, "Drew Bledsoe is strictly a pocket passer, is what it amounts to." You'd have to listen to him regularly to understand what I'm talking about.

I don't care for Cris Carter, as well. Sounds like he's sleeping through the shows.

Ditto for Carl Banks.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm warming up to Adam Schein & Riggo's Afternoon Blitz show. I've tried hard to get past that fact that their respective deliveries are completely annoying, because the information they provide is solid.

The fantasy show with Adam Caplan (who posts here) and John Hansen is top-notch.

Love my Sirius! Live play by play of all the games is just awesome! Alos love the afternoon drive and Sunday afternoon center giving updates for all the games. Awesome when tailgating at the JEts games

So is it NFL talk 24/7?
Channel 124 - NFL radio.Also broadcasts all the games, usually with both teams' set of home radio broadcasters.

Can be a lifesaver if you're running late or missing some of the games (but who plans to be anywhere but in front of the big screen on NFL Sundays?).

Sirius. Good deal.

HERE! :thumbup:

Agree on Ryan and Kirwin. They are my favorite pair. I never miss Moving the Chains, but I don't care for the personalities on The Red Zone. Gil Brandt has interesting anecdotes, but I get tired of hearing him end EVERY sentence with "is what it amounts to"..... as in, "Drew Bledsoe is strictly a pocket passer, is what it amounts to." You'd have to listen to him regularly to understand what I'm talking about.

I don't care for Cris Carter, as well. Sounds like he's sleeping through the shows.

Ditto for Carl Banks.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm warming up to Adam Schein & Riggo's Afternoon Blitz show. I've tried hard to get past that fact that their respective deliveries are completely annoying, because the information they provide is solid.

The fantasy show with Adam Caplan (who posts here) and John Hansen is top-notch.
I had a conversation with one of the posters here a while ago about Brandt and his "what it amounts to", ugh :X The other thing is when he say the year 2005 as twenty -O- five or back in twent-O-two, drives me nuts. I also agree on Banks, and the Afternoon Blitz. It took me a while to get used to Schein and Riggins but are consistantly good, not great..

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually find myself listening to Schein/Riggans in the afternoon. I like both generally, but for some reason, the way Adan Schein says "Sirius....NFL Radio!" annoys me. But if that's the worst thing about the show, it's definitely worth listening to.

i've got it and it doesn't really move off of channel 124.unfortunately, the show i listen to most regularly is the "Opening Drive" with Dan Reeves. i have heard all of the shows and think this one gives the least amount of information. in fact many times i will even put in a music cd and listen to it instead of hearing Dan talk ... :X agree Ryan and Kirwin are the best. and Shannon Sharpe is pretty good too. Cris Carter does seem like he is sleeping, but i've kinda gotten used to it and actually have enjoyed it more.i also listen to the "Afternoon Blitz" alot and don't mind Schein or Riggo ... they give ALOT of info and have some really good guests and don't throw softballs much either.-orphan

i've got it and it doesn't really move off of channel 124.

unfortunately, the show i listen to most regularly is the "Opening Drive" with Dan Reeves. i have heard all of the shows and think this one gives the least amount of information. in fact many times i will even put in a music cd and listen to it instead of hearing Dan talk ... :X

-orphan
I dissagree about Reeves' show - Reeves has excellent insight based on - *longetivity- the man has been in the NFL for 39 years and been to 8 SB's

* Perpspective - not only a former coach, but a former player. The man drafted Vick and coached Elway when he was a rookie.

* history - the man played for and coached under Landry.

Yeah, he can get a little stale sometimes, but I think he brings alot of things to the table.

I dig Shein and Riggin as well, but Kirwan and Ryan are the best.

i've got it and it doesn't really move off of channel 124.

unfortunately, the show i listen to most regularly is the "Opening Drive" with Dan Reeves. i have heard all of the shows and think this one gives the least amount of information. in fact many times i will even put in a music cd and listen to it instead of hearing Dan talk ... :X

agree Ryan and Kirwin are the best. and Shannon Sharpe is pretty good too. Cris Carter does seem like he is sleeping, but i've kinda gotten used to it and actually have enjoyed it more.

i also listen to the "Afternoon Blitz" alot and don't mind Schein or Riggo ... they give ALOT of info and have some really good guests and don't throw softballs much either.

-orphan
How about the weekly Schein or Riggo interview with CJ? I love it! Talk about not throwing softballs. They had one show I thought CJ wouldnt call back in the next week, but like a man he did.

I for one like the Pat Kirwan, Tim Ryan duo. Shannon Sharpe with anyone is also good.
These are some of my favorites as well. :thumbup:

I'm sure some of you already know, but for those who don't the channel listings for the games (home and away) are available at cbssportsline.com under NFL Schedules. I just found this out a couple of weeks ago and I have found it very helpful.

I'm sure some of you already know, but for those who don't the channel listings for the games (home and away) are available at cbssportsline.com under NFL Schedules. I just found this out a couple of weeks ago and I have found it very helpful.
Didnt know that, thanks :thumbup:

I have Sirius and love it. However, I find Schien VERY annoying with his cliches (" to a man", " put a nice happy red bow". I also find Reeves boring - he doesn't say anythig that may be true but potentially damaging to any chance he would have to get another NFL job. He's too nice and doesn't say what is probably on his mind. Everyone else is pretty good. I have to sya, I think Kirwin has the best insight of ANY analyst - bar none.

Pat Kirwin with anyone is the best on the station. I like the opinions of Tim Ryan, Shannon Sharpe, and Chris Carter. They pull no punches. Also, one of my favorites is Paul Allen on saturday mornings from 8-11. He is funny and has some great guest on. Carl Banks has to be the worst. Just my two cents.

I love Shein and Riggo, I think they have a really upbeat show, and they sure got under Caper's skin last week. They aren't afraid to ask the tough questions. Gil Brandt is the worst, I know he is an ambassador for Sirrius, but he sounds like Mike Ditka and is the worst!The information they give is priceless and they cover every fantasy situation. They are wonderful for that long car ride as the ride is much faster listening to NFL radio. If you have the wife or girlfriend in the car, have them pack some headphones, get those portable DVD monitors and let her watch a movie, and everyone is happy!

i used to not like Banks too much, probably because he is the poster child of a STRONG opinion ... but i don't mind him much anymore. i don't know why. he will definitely say it like nobody else.... and i get the least amount of information from Reeves. yes, i know he will a regenerated coach next year.-orphan

I love Shein and Riggo, I think they have a really upbeat show, and they sure got under Caper's skin last week. They aren't afraid to ask the tough questions.

Gil Brandt is the worst, I know he is an ambassador for Sirrius, but he sounds like Mike Ditka and is the worst!

The information they give is priceless and they cover every fantasy situation. They are wonderful for that long car ride as the ride is much faster listening to NFL radio. If you have the wife or girlfriend in the car, have them pack some headphones, get those portable DVD monitors and let her watch a movie, and everyone is happy!
Anyone else listen to the fantasy football show at 8pm Fridays?The first 20-30 minutes is the crux of the show - all the info is there. The rest is mostly WDIS....

two year member.... love all the shows and the replays when I miss.... best is always hearing the players take....

I love Shein and Riggo, I think they have a really upbeat show, and they sure got under Caper's skin last week. They aren't afraid to ask the tough questions.
This was an outstanding interview.

Big time check in here. I'm a HUGE music fan - can't drive to Walgreen's (five blocks from my house) without tossing a CD in...my music consumption has absolutely plummetted since I got my Starmate for father's day. Channel 124 all day, every day.I wish I was able to hear Kerwin more. He is indeed, awesome. I am working on a solution to being able to listen to Pat and Tim while at work (I'll comment more on listening at work shortly).I'll defend Reeves. I like listening to Coach Reeves and Bob on the Opening Drive. I certainly agree that Dan's never going to tweak anyone and he's not the guy to ask probing questions, but I appreciate his insights as a old-time NFL'er and I think he garners a load of respect from most callers and guests.As for Schein and Riggins, I love them. When I first started listening to 124 I could not stand Schein. After getting used to his style and delivery and getting over the fact I was jealous of his SWEET job - who wouldn't be? - I came to really enjoy the Blitz. They have the great info, great insight and great interviews.Great channel and I recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about Sirius. Now, my one gripe slightly referenced above as it applied to being able to listen to Pat & Tim. Does anyone have a clue why Sirius will not broadcast Channel 124 online? My brother-in-law called to inquire about this and they told him they don't broadcast talk radio on the internet, but that's BS. He asked the girl who gave him that answer what they plan to do when Stern's on board and she just froze. Anyone have a better clue why they don't offer NFL Radio via the Sirius website?

Carl Banks is the only guy I don't like. His knowledge is terrible.Riggins and Adam Schein are annoying but at least they know their stuff

I like Schein and Riggins on the afternoon blitz.I can't stand Shannon Sharpe.The Barber shop is good, and I actually like when they play Rich Eisen and crew from the NFL network feed.

Big time check in here. I'm a HUGE music fan - can't drive to Walgreen's (five blocks from my house) without tossing a CD in...my music consumption has absolutely plummetted since I got my Starmate for father's day. Channel 124 all day, every day.

I wish I was able to hear Kerwin more. He is indeed, awesome. I am working on a solution to being able to listen to Pat and Tim while at work (I'll comment more on listening at work shortly).

I'll defend Reeves. I like listening to Coach Reeves and Bob on the Opening Drive. I certainly agree that Dan's never going to tweak anyone and he's not the guy to ask probing questions, but I appreciate his insights as a old-time NFL'er and I think he garners a load of respect from most callers and guests.

As for Schein and Riggins, I love them. When I first started listening to 124 I could not stand Schein. After getting used to his style and delivery and getting over the fact I was jealous of his SWEET job - who wouldn't be? - I came to really enjoy the Blitz. They have the great info, great insight and great interviews.

Great channel and I recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about Sirius. Now, my one gripe slightly referenced above as it applied to being able to listen to Pat & Tim. Does anyone have a clue why Sirius will not broadcast Channel 124 online? My brother-in-law called to inquire about this and they told him they don't broadcast talk radio on the internet, but that's BS. He asked the girl who gave him that answer what they plan to do when Stern's on board and she just froze. Anyone have a better clue why they don't offer NFL Radio via the Sirius website?
I THINK(not sure) that they dont have the internet broadcasting rights to the NFL. Now why this applies to NFL talk and not just the games I dont know. Like I said im not for sure. I recall a caller asking about this and IIRC that was the answer.

Gil Brandt is the worst, I know he is an ambassador for Sirrius, but he sounds like Mike Ditka and is the worst!

The information they give is priceless and they cover every fantasy situation. They are wonderful for that long car ride as the ride is much faster listening to NFL radio. If you have the wife or girlfriend in the car, have them pack some headphones, get those portable DVD monitors and let her watch a movie, and everyone is happy!
Anyone else listen to the fantasy football show at 8pm Fridays?The first 20-30 minutes is the crux of the show - all the info is there. The rest is mostly WDIS....
I try to. When I do i really enjoy it.

Did one of the FBG call in today @ about 9am PT? Someone dropped the FWP monacher(sp) on Movin the Chains. He was a big Pitt. fan. :thumbup:

Agree with others on the Ryan/Kirwan duo. My favorite definitely. Schein/Riggin are solid, but Schein can get annoying at times with some of the stuff he says. The morning show can really use a make-over. Reeves looks like he might have a job in Houston, and Bob Pappa is just so bland.

Gil Brandt is a rough listen. He tells way too many old stories. Thats good on occasion, but when Im just trying to hear about todays NFL, I dont want to hear the guy drag on meaningless stories.Randy Cross is good sometimes.Not a fan of Stevie Cohen/Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe

Did one of the FBG call in today @ about 9am PT? Someone dropped the FWP monacher(sp) on Movin the Chains. He was a big Pitt. fan.

:thumbup:
Ummm...People outside of the FBG community know about the whole "Fast Willie Parker" thing.

I'm just sayin'. :shrug:

Did one of the FBG call in today @ about 9am PT? Someone dropped the FWP monacher(sp) on Movin the Chains. He was a big Pitt. fan.

Ummm...People outside of the FBG community know about the whole "Fast Willie Parker" thing.

I thought it was made up here. I also dont hear or see it anywhere but here. Oh well. :bag:

reeves is history !!! i too appreciated the "old school" football stories and the tom landry retrospective ... BUT ... my morning drive is going to be better. :) -orphan

Had sirius for the last 3 months. Like the NFL network a lot, but every show has room for improvement. Most of the hosts are pretty forgetable, and it's not live 24 hrs a day, but it excellent at staying focused on the NFL all the time.

tomorrow night's show should be one of our best. Lots of good guests and segments planned. Calls will be interspersed but you'll notice when we take calls, we try to give analysis.

tomorrow night's show should be one of our best. Lots of good guests and segments planned. Calls will be interspersed but you'll notice when we take calls, we try to give analysis.
I love listening to your show, great work. :thumbup:

So far:- Greg Cosell from NFL Films to break down all the key matchups. He's the closest thing to Ron Jaworski and they work closely together. You'll learn something about matchups by listening to this segment.

- We'll break down each game from an injury/lineup change stand point in the first hour.

- We have 17 playoff bound teams and will break down our projected lineups and analyze why we're starting who etc (probably will take two segments).

- Actor Paul Rudd who is in the NFL Network league championship will be on as we discuss his team and the league etc. and his career (you saw him in Anchorman). We had him on before and he was pretty good.

- Fantasy believe it or not segment with Sam Caplan.

I thought it was made up here. I also dont hear or see it anywhere but here. Oh well. :bag:
Yeah that was his nickname in college I believe.

How long do you guys think Sirius will be around? I ask because I dont listen to much radio but to have something portable that will allow me to get Sirius and listen to it anywhere would be quite the toy to have. Plus, they still have a deal going for only $500 forever. I dont think anybody should pass that up. Do they have portable playsets or is that $500 only for a car or home area?

Subscribe for the lifetime of your radio! Yes really, we're not kidding. Pay $499.99 once, forget about bills altogether, and enjoy SIRIUS for a long, long time to come. (Offer ends January 31, 2006.)

How long do you guys think Sirius will be around? I ask because I dont listen to much radio but to have something portable that will allow me to get Sirius and listen to it anywhere would be quite the toy to have. Plus, they still have a deal going for only $500 forever. I dont think anybody should pass that up. Do they have portable playsets or is that $500 only for a car or home area?

Subscribe for the lifetime of your radio! Yes really, we're not kidding. Pay $499.99 once, forget about bills altogether, and enjoy SIRIUS for a long, long time to come. (Offer ends January 31, 2006.)
Im pretty sure they have a ipod type radio. You download four hours of sirius and can take it with you. The technology is always improving and a fully functional walkman type radio shouldnt be that far behind.

How long do you guys think Sirius will be around?  I ask because I dont listen to much radio but to have something portable that will allow me to get Sirius and listen to it anywhere would be quite the toy to have.  Plus, they still have a deal going for only $500 forever.  I dont think anybody should pass that up.  Do they have portable playsets or is that $500 only for a car or home area?

Im pretty sure they have a ipod type radio. You download four hours of sirius and can take it with you. The technology is always improving and a fully functional walkman type radio shouldnt be that far behind.
They say in the quote above "Subscribe for the lifetime of your radio!" is that jargon just that or can you upgrade your radio at any time? Confused here.

How long do you guys think Sirius will be around?  I ask because I dont listen to much radio but to have something portable that will allow me to get Sirius and listen to it anywhere would be quite the toy to have.  Plus, they still have a deal going for only $500 forever.  I dont think anybody should pass that up.  Do they have portable playsets or is that $500 only for a car or home area?

They say in the quote above "Subscribe for the lifetime of your radio!" is that jargon just that or can you upgrade your radio at any time? Confused here.
The 'lifetime' subscription last through three radio upgrades.

Based on the time value of money, you'd probably have to keep the subscription for at least 10 years to make the $500 fee worth it. I would think Sirius will be around that long, I guess it just depends on if you think you'll still be interested in it 10 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread