What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Super Bowl XLV Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

27 - 24 Pittsburgh. You forgot the last second drive to win the game by Ben as time expires.

:goodposting:

27 - 24 Pittsburgh. You forgot the last second drive to win the game by Ben as time expires. :shrug:
Actually, that's close to how I see it. PITT driving late, down 24-21, but Big Ben throws an INT to Woodson who returns it to the house.31-21 GO PACK!

Daryn Colledge's mother was hanging a sign that said "GO 73" in green and gold lettering as I drove by on the way to my folks. I stopped, put myVikings window flag up, and said "GO STEELERS".

She just laughed.

Eric Walden, FB Quinn Johnson, RB Dimitri Nance, CB Josh Gordy, OL Evan Dietrich-Smith, CB Brandon Underwood and OL Nick McDonald are the packer inactives

Kind of hard to bet against the Packers at this point. The Super Bowl experience angle is way overblown. I do think Ben plays a good game but the Packers win 27-21. I do admit alot of that is wishful thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Journal Sentinel is saying that the Pack my play a 4-3 when the Steelers are in 2 TE formations - using Jenkins as a hybrid LB/DE

Eric Walden, FB Quinn Johnson, RB Dimitri Nance, CB Josh Gordy, OL Evan Dietrich-Smith, CB Brandon Underwood and OL Nick McDonald are the packer inactives
With Johnson inactive that confirms the Pack will be going spread offense - no need for a 3rd fullback if your running 4 WR or more

That's too bad. He played a huge role in getting the team through the past few weeks. Hopefully his teammates can get him a ring.

Journal Sentinal Blog states that "There's a radio station here reporting that 6,000-9,000 fans won't be allowed in because the fire department didn't approve the seats. We'll try to find out what's going on with that"

Also that the NFL will refund ticket holders that don't get seats they paid for 3 x face value

Steeler inactives: 3rd QB, Charlie Batch; RB Jonathan Dwyer, CB Crezdon Butler, OT Chris Scott, DT Steve McLendon, OG Dorian Brooks, DE Aaron Smith and LB Jason Worilds. Pouncy was put on IR so they could sign a rookie FA Center named Brooks.

Journal Sentinal Blog states that "There's a radio station here reporting that 6,000-9,000 fans won't be allowed in because the fire department didn't approve the seats. We'll try to find out what's going on with that"

Also that the NFL will refund ticket holders that don't get seats they paid for 3 x face value
NFL now says 400 fans will not be seated. they will get triple refund on their $900 seats: http://ht.ly/3RiJq

NFL now says 400 fans will not be seated. they will get triple refund on their $900 seats: http://ht.ly/3RiJq
Local news is reporting that it's a lot more than that. And a 3x refund is woefully insufficient. They should refund the cost of their transportation and lodging.

Couldn't be there to accept the award because he is watching the game with our troops?

That is a classy man.

That's too bad. He played a huge role in getting the team through the past few weeks. Hopefully his teammates can get him a ring.
Quinn Johnson too? ;)

Some pre-game Super Bowl thoughts:

*It’s a bit surprising fullback Quinn Johnson is on the inactive list. I’m guessing since Korey Hall is healthy enough to play and is a better special teams player, he got the nod over Johnson. It also could mean the Packers plan to employ a pass-happy attack. If they need a goal-line blocker, there always B.J. Raji.

*Some practice squad members are dressed in full uniform on the field for pre-game warmups. I am told they must change into regular clothes for the game.

*Pat Lee is active in place of Brandon Underwood. Could that mean Lee is going to return kicks?

*The wife of defensive end Jarius Wynn gave birth to a baby boy last night. There is talk that the Wynns are considering a middle name of “Super” for their new son, as in Super Wynn.

*Steelers inactives: QB Charlie Batch, RB Jonathan Dwyer, CB Crezdon Butler, T, Chris Scott, DT Steve McLendon, C/G Dorian Brooks, DE Aaron Smith, LB Jason Worilds.

*Doug Legursky will start at center for Maurkice Pouncey, who was placed on injured reserve. C/G Dorian Brooks was added to the active roster from the practice squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coals, meet Christina. She's going to be raked over you for awhile.

Jose Feliciano would've done better, plus it would've been a tribute to some of the officiating this year.

Jose Feliciano would've done better, plus it would've been a tribute to some of the officiating this year.

Anyone know what channel the game is on? I'm just getting 4th of July coverage...military, reading of Declaraation of Independence and such and such.

Users who are viewing this thread