What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I really like Francis, personally and as a terrifying mma fighter. I know how impressive he was against Fury, but it still seems unrealistic to believe he is ready for this class of boxing with so little boxing in his background. The Fury fight may have been an anomaly, an ideal matchup of styles, something, I dunno. I expect Joshua to easily out box him. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see Francis knock him out. Either way he made this move for the money, and I'm happy it's worked out for him.

well said and my respect for Ngannou grew after he made the move and had taken it seriously unlike McGreggor. I read he is looking at close to 20 million for todays fight, he made 600 k when he won his ufc heavyweight belt

Fan vote is significantly in favor of Ngannou? I think Joshua wins big but I am also not totally attune to the current state of the game here.

Not sure what happened in the Fury fight but this is what happens when you try to crossover into boxing and you do it against a champion. This was not a fair fight at all.

Last edited:
Anyone watching Ryan Garcia-Devin Haney ?

Conventional wisdom says Haney wins , especially with the way Garcia has been behaving , but something tells me its all head games from him , that beer he drank at the weigh in was apple juice and seltzer water . Why ? Head games ? He comes off real normal when speaking with Jake Paul on phone cam chats he has that Jake just happens to be capturing on someone s phone for social media .

Conventional wisdom says Haney wins , especially with the way Garcia has been behaving , but something tells me its all head games from him , that beer he drank at the weigh in was apple juice and seltzer water . Why ? Head games ? He comes off real normal when speaking with Jake Paul on phone cam chats he has that Jake just happens to be capturing on someone s phone for social media .

Should be a good fight but Haney should outclass him here. Normally id say UD but i think because he knows him from fighting before he may let his hands go more. So haney in Round 8 stoppage. i also have a hedge for a garcia KO within the first 3 rounds.

The weigh in actually convinced me not to get it after planning to do so. Garcia coming in overweight and acting so erratic makes me think he'll get picked apart by a consumate pro like Haney.

That said, all updates are appreciated. TIA

Ryan ‘King Ry’ Garcia pulls off the upset and defeats Devin Haney by 12RD majority decision; 112-112, 114-110, 115-109 on the judge’s scorecards

Great fight. I’m surprised Haney couldn’t take away the left. He’s usually pretty good about handicapping his opponents. I had thought Haney could possibly beat tank since he’s so disciplined but not anymore. Curious to see how he bounces back. I do think Haney wins a rematch where Garcia has to make weight.

Great fight. I’m surprised Haney couldn’t take away the left. He’s usually pretty good about handicapping his opponents. I had thought Haney could possibly beat tank since he’s so disciplined but not anymore. Curious to see how he bounces back. I do think Haney wins a rematch where Garcia has to make weight.
I guarantee that if a rematch is signed and Garcia misses weight again, Haney will not be bought off and instead cancels

I guarantee that if a rematch is signed and Garcia misses weight again, Haney will not be bought off and instead cancels
Garcia already announced he's moving up in weight

Garcia already announced he's moving up in weight
boots vs Garcia? 👀

I don't follow boxing, but the narrative before the fight, and the antics afterwards are A+.

So much fun. Everyone talking about his behavior, uhhhh boxing needs these guys. Really bad actually. They need characters

I don't follow boxing, but the narrative before the fight, and the antics afterwards are A+.

So much fun. Everyone talking about his behavior, uhhhh boxing needs these guys. Really bad actually. They need characters
agreed 100 % , gets people talking ,engaged and interested in a fight they may not otherwise care about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread