What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I guess, it was just removed as a rule 
Well, still seems like they could have done something different.... dude wasn't even on the ground, how the heck do you stop the fight?!?!

Really wanted to get into some boxing with GGG and Canello coming up and MMA turning to crap and that other sideshow coming up that I refuse to acknowledge... and then this.     I guess Ninja Warrior is my new thing.   Nothing else is legit. 

Well, still seems like they could have done something different.... dude wasn't even on the ground, how the heck do you stop the fight?!?!

Really wanted to get into some boxing with GGG and Canello coming up and MMA turning to crap and that other sideshow coming up that I refuse to acknowledge... and then this.     I guess Ninja Warrior is my new thing.   Nothing else is legit. 
That was a good fight. They are both incredibly good. That was high end technical stuff. The ref did kind of blow it missing the low blows but it's boxing, refs usually let the fighters fight. That dirty flirting with edges of the rules is part of the sport. Kovalev was really struggling to protect himself and did not complain right away. He looked like a guy that was giving in that last round. 

That was a good fight. They are both incredibly good. That was high end technical stuff. The ref did kind of blow it missing the low blows but it's boxing, refs usually let the fighters fight. That dirty flirting with edges of the rules is part of the sport. Kovalev was really struggling to protect himself and did not complain right away. He looked like a guy that was giving in that last round. 
Agree with all of this, Ward is really good at the grey-area stuff. Doing enough to gain an advantage, but not getting points taken away.

I don't want to say Kovalev is soft, but I don't think he knows how to react when things are turning against him. I think Ward and his camp have been waging total war since the first fight, taking the lion's share of money, throwing the stuff out there about Jackson wanting to defect from Kovalev's camp, it's really seemed like they've been in disarray. Kovalev was fighting a pretty smart fight, all things considered, and trying to use his jab, but it's clear that the wrestling was wearing him down again. Also note that a bit before he caught that big right in the 8th, he tried to signal that Ward hit him low and Weeks waved him off, I think Kovalev was just getting frustrated from taking so much body punishment.

Nice win for Ward. He's not going to be able to hold off this talented group of Euros that are coming up forever (Bivol, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, etc.), but it'll be fun to see him try. Ward talking about moving to cruiserweight was...weird.

Kovalev=very good fighter but pretty limited(I know now!) & Ward took advantage.  Limited I'm saying has a great jab & right hand.   Left hook & body punching is not part of his arsenal.  Ward just had to avoid the right hand & he did.  Lost $220 on the fight.  {slump}

http://www.boxingscene.com/hunter-i-want-ward-face-anthony-joshua-he-outbox-him--117673

:shrug:

hunter said this with a straight face too.  he was dead serious!  :lmao:
Ward would outbox him...until Joshua caught him flush with something. And that would be that.

I said it'd be weird above, but a fight against Bellew in the UK would be for a ton of money. A lot more upside than anything at 175. Stevenson would probably do the same kind of numbers on PPV, but glll with that.

Speaking of cruiserweight, I had my doubts, but this could be shaping up to be awesome. Esp. if Usyk jumps in, which he is rumored to be doing.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19698623/yunier-dorticos-joins-cruiserweight-field-world-boxing-super-series-tournament

Gervonta and Badou Jack are fighting on the undercard of __________ on August 26, possible opponents are Orlando Salido and Nathan Cleverly, respectively.

Pacquiao on ESPN this weekend, and Crawford and Lomachenko announced for next month on the Worldwide Leader (not fighting each other). Savvy move by Top Rank taking refuge on basic cable, HBO's commitment to boxing certainly seems to be on the wane.

Pacquiao on ESPN this weekend, and Crawford and Lomachenko announced for next month on the Worldwide Leader (not fighting each other). Savvy move by Top Rank taking refuge on basic cable, HBO's commitment to boxing certainly seems to be on the wane.
It's better for boxing to be on ESPN. Boxing has really killed it's audience bt doing everything on PPV or premium TV.

Mosley Jr looks like pretty pedestrian. Nice to see a big Aussie crowd turning out, but Pac is going to obliterate Horn. Anyway, always cool to be able to see one of the best ever on ESPN. 

Mosley Jr looks like pretty pedestrian. Nice to see a big Aussie crowd turning out, but Pac is going to obliterate Horn. Anyway, always cool to be able to see one of the best ever on ESPN. 
You sure?  I kinda hope pacman falls but I also know this a setup for pacman Mayweather 2

You sure?  I kinda hope pacman falls but I also know this a setup for pacman Mayweather 2
At some point, Pac could fall off. That is always a risk with an older fighter that has fought the rounds Manny has and taken the punches Manny has. However, if Manny is anything close to what we have known as Many, Horn won't be able to hang. Manny is an all time great. 

Also, I don't think it is a set-up for May-Pac 2. 

Did they just say Mosley is sucking because of jet lag?   :lol:
If what they were saying that he just traveled to Australia for the fight, they are right that it could negatively impact him. That seems really stupid. 

Tim Bradley blamed it on some bad food. He is awful at color commentary. 

If what they were saying that he just traveled to Australia for the fight, they are right that it could negatively impact him. That seems really stupid. 

Tim Bradley blamed it on some bad food. He is awful at color commentary. 
hahah yea they are not a great commentary team. 

This guy quit his job as an electrician for this fight against Mosley Jr? HAHAHA Reminds me of the fight where Julio Caesar Chavez Jr fought on the undercard of a PPV against a guy that was an active union factory worker. The factory worker beat his ### but the crooked judges gave it to JCC Jr. 

This guy quit his job as an electrician for this fight against Mosley Jr? HAHAHA Reminds me of the fight where Julio Caesar Chavez Jr fought on the undercard of a PPV against a guy that was an active union factory worker. The factory worker beat his ### but the crooked judges gave it to JCC Jr. 
i could see crooked judges giving this to mosley here on this top rank card  :shrug:

speaking of gang ties.  I learned this week that Mike Tysons best friend(who he tributed the famous fight were he told lennox "im coming for you) was Hommo, the guy who shot 50 cent 9 times.  I never knew how connected he was.  Apparently he was extremely coked up during that fight/interview.  :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread