What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official - The Big Bang Theory thread **** (1 Viewer)

You know, I really like Blossom's character when she started, but as the season has progressed and she is getting a little more girly, she's becoming annoying to me. I get that she was tanked and that affected her personality, but seeing her like that really just made me wish she'd go away.

Penny dressed up to go out with the girls, though, gets a :thumbup:

I got a colossal serpent right here. (grabs crouch)

Raj with the one liners was money.

I have been watching season 2 again and not a bad episode in the bunch. The one thing season 3 and 4 have gotten away from is the Leonard, Sheldon, Penny dynamic. The show is hitting the side characters a little too much sometimes compared to the earlier shows.

I guess there goes any chance of Leonard and Penny getting back together unless they show us what really happened next season. Penny looks good in the mornings.

Pretty good season finale too.

I guess there goes any chance of Leonard and Penny getting back together unless they show us what really happened next season. Penny looks good in the mornings.Pretty good season finale too.
I don't think so, it just sets up some more drama until the inevitable occurs.I think Penny has been looking better lately in general for some reason.

Good finale.

But some of the best episodes from past seasons involved Howard trying to pick up chicks. We're gonna lose that entire shtick if he gets married.

The one thing season 3 and 4 have gotten away from is the Leonard, Sheldon, Penny dynamic. The show is hitting the side characters a little too much sometimes compared to the earlier shows.
I think they've also deviated quite a bit from where the characters started. I understand character growth and all that, but Leonard has gone from a guy that had no clue with women and was a total nerd, to almost a ladies man in some ways that is totally comfortable being with hot women. And Penny sleeping with Raj? Just wouldn't happen. And lastly, the part with Sheldon fake laughing during the Leonard farting stuff just seemed totally out of character. Since when has Sheldon cared enough about social acceptance to fake normal emotion?I hope Priya really is gone though. Her character is dull and boring and brings nothing to the table. Amy Farrah Fowler has been about the only good addition to the show. Her character has been fantastic. The best moment last night was when Raj showed up at Sheldon's door and Amy said something to the effect of "Oh, I don't care at all about that" and slammed her laptop shut.

They definitely are not nerds anymore and socially inept. However I liken that to the possibility that we do not watch them 24 hours a day so there time doing other things with Penny, her friends and others have allowed them to grow. We get snippets of their lives bit they do get some hot chicks.

I don't think Penny and Raj did anything. I hope they have a show where we see them dancing around or playing Wii getting warm or something thus having to declothe to keep cool. I refuse to believe Raj hit that. Penny definitely checked every nook and cranny for dried, white crusty stuff in hopes it was not Raj's stuff. I am in denial on this one.

I think they've also deviated quite a bit from where the characters started. I understand character growth and all that, but Leonard has gone from a guy that had no clue with women and was a total nerd, to almost a ladies man in some ways that is totally comfortable being with hot women.
I have a problem with this as well. Not only is he totally comfortable with hot women, he only dates hot women. He's a completely different character now.

I think they've also deviated quite a bit from where the characters started. I understand character growth and all that, but Leonard has gone from a guy that had no clue with women and was a total nerd, to almost a ladies man in some ways that is totally comfortable being with hot women.
I have a problem with this as well. Not only is he totally comfortable with hot women, he only dates hot women. He's a completely different character now.
+1

Hmmm, just found out that Johnny Galecki played Rusty in Christmas Vacation.

did not know that.

As always, I'm late to the party. Just getting into this show. I :lmao: at least once per episode.

"Penny, alcohol is playing keep-away with your intelligence".

My dvr froze (possibly storm related) right when Bernadette called Howard down at the ceremony.  It jumped from there to the closing car scenes.

What did I miss?

That was pretty good. I had pretty much quit watching the show, but tuned back in because I saw Peg Bundy and Kenneth Parcell were going to be on.

Yeah I liked this episode.I usually hate the dude who played the brother but I thought he had some good lines. Never thought they'd go in that direction with the casting.

I know it's a small thing on a comedy show, but it kind of threw me when Penny didn't give Leonard even a hollywood kiss at the end of the ceremony.

The hug made me feel like Leonard was getting friendzoned at his own wedding.

I know it's a small thing on a comedy show, but it kind of threw me when Penny didn't give Leonard even a hollywood kiss at the end of the ceremony.

There's been little to no feeling of "actual couple" between Leonard and Penny IMO.  They show them sleeping in the same bed and they occasionally make jokes about sex, but that's about it.  It's very weak IMO.

There's been little to no feeling of "actual couple" between Leonard and Penny IMO.  They show them sleeping in the same bed and they occasionally make jokes about sex, but that's about it.  It's very weak IMO.
I think that has a lot to do with them trying to retain a 'PG' comedy.

Renewed for two more years...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-big-bang-theory-deal-is-done-renewal-through-season-12-on-cbs/

News reports and words from the head of CBS had indicated “The Big Bang Theory” was on its way to a two-season renewal that would carry it through the 2018-19 season.

Monday, it became a done deal: CBS has picked up its top-rated show for two more years, which will carry it through a 12th season.

The renewal comes after reports that stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco took small pay cuts — from $1 million per episode to $900,000 — so that co-stars Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg could have the same salary under the new deal. Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik, who became regulars after the original five cast members, have yet to sign new deals but are expected to return as well.

“The Big Bang Theory” is averaging a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 14.53 million viewers the night it airs this season. With a week of DVR and on-demand viewing its numbers rise to 5.1 and 19.4 million viewers, along with a 6.9 in CBS’ core adults 25-54 demographic.

It’s the top-rated show on broadcast TV this season in same-day ratings among adults 18-49, a tenth of a point ahead of “Empire.”

CBS has also picked up a spinoff of the show for next season, “Young Sheldon,” which will follow Parsons’ character as a boy. Parsons will narrate the show as Sheldon and is an executive producer.

“The Big Bang Theory” is the second CBS scripted series to earn a spot on next season’s schedule, joining the previously renewed “NCIS.” It also joins these shows in being renewed for 2017-18.

Young Sheldon's mother is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf, who play's Sheldon's mother on Big Bang.

So far it is fairly good. The second episode was good; remember they have to set up the show, it will take a couple shows for it to grow.

Young Sheldon's mother is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf, who play's Sheldon's mother on Big Bang.
Ah, thats why. My wife and I were amazed how much she was like Metcalf. Same facial expressions and mannerisms. I was saying she must have studied her really hard...lol.

Watched the second episode...good show! I don't usually like stuff with kids but they are nailing the Sheldon character and the whole family is good.

Loved Teller as Amy's dad. Seeing him being cut off by Kathy Bates was perfect casting. Having him finally speak was hysterical.
I knew he looked familiar...makes that even funnier. Mark Hammel was really good too. Still a funny show after so many seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread