What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official*** Thursday Night Football Thread - Jags vs. Dolphins - Gaskin/Robinson All Types Of Flavor (2 Viewers)

This game is awesome for anyone who hates defense. It’s the “lower the mound” of NFL matchups. 

This game will be 45-38 and I’m here for it. :pickle:  

I'd much rather watch this game than the KC/Baltimore matchup.

I always like these ####fest games where owners are having to start all these "alternative players" after the injuries are rampant.

On that note, I am starting JAMES ROBINSON in a league where I lost Barkley.    I also have  DJ CHARK IN 3/4 spots.......(as my WR3 in start 3 WR leagues) who knows wtf I will do in those.

Hey @Hot Sauce Guy   are you keeping track yet?   The list of my bad "juju" injuries as you put it, is never ending.

Oh wait, wrong thread.    :)

TZM

I'd much rather watch this game than the KC/Baltimore matchup.

I always like these ####fest games where owners are having to start all these "alternative players" after the injuries are rampant.
I see it as a fantasy football-palooza with 2 bad defenses getting throttled all game.  

And I’ve got Parker going, who actually qualifies as a WR3 & not an injury replacement.   :thumbup:

On that note, I am starting JAMES ROBINSON in a league where I lost Barkley.    I also have  DJ CHARK IN 3/4 spots.......(as my WR3 in start 3 WR leagues) who knows wtf I will do in those.

Hey @Hot Sauce Guy   are you keeping track yet?   The list of my bad "juju" injuries as you put it, is never ending.

Oh wait, wrong thread.    :)

TZM
You got this! :pickle:  

Checking in as a Preston Williams owner, I expect tonight to be his coming out party for 2020. Finally he doesn't have to face a top corner and he can start to stake his claim as the 1A on that team.

I will wager you one assorted CASE of hot sauce this does NOT happen.

I kinda like Parker, but I'm just saying.  The breakout is coming, see the Myles Gaskin thread.

:P

TZM
I ant about to jinx anything. Just cuz you’re cursed you tryna drag me down with ya. I see how you is. ;)  

This game is awesome for anyone who hates defense. It’s the “lower the mound” of NFL matchups. 

This game will be 45-38 and I’m here for it. :pickle:  
Wouldn't dance too early. Jacksonville only ran 40 or so odd plays the first game. They may take the air out of the ball with James Robinson.

Holy #### stuck watching this normal NFL Network programming on the stream I have on waiting for kickoff...how do people watch this dreck? It’s all shouty Skip Bayless type programming with no brains or meat at all. 

The average fan seems to be getting more informed imo, between advanced statistics and easily accessible analytics, as well as truly smart people breaking the game down on Twitter, etc...but mainstream programming with these clueless ex-players pulling empty paychecks just keeps getting louder and dumber...how long is that sustainable? Is this really the type of programming that pulls in the average NFL fan? I’ve always thought that when it comes to more casual fanbases that tune in for big night games, the NFL had one of the dumber groups among major American sports, overall...I’m thinking I underestimated how true that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy #### stuck watching this normal NFL Network programming on the stream I have on waiting for kickoff...how do people watch this dreck? It’s all shouty Skip Bayless type programming with no brains or meat at all. 

The average fan seems to be getting more informed imo, between advanced statistics and easily accessible analytics, as well as truly smart people breaking the game down on Twitter, etc...but mainstream programming with these clueless ex-players pulling empty paychecks just keeps getting louder and dumber...how long is that sustainable? Is this really the type of programming that pulls in the average NFL fan? I’ve always thought that when it comes to more casual fanbases that tune in for big night games, the NFL had one of the dumber groups among major American sports, overall...I’m thinking I underestimated how true that is.
You're spending too much time here. Have you talked to the average American lately? That'll sober one up right quick. I learned that the hard way about the pandemic. 

Last edited by a moderator:

This pregame is pretty terrible

I'm stacking Minshew/Cole baby. 

Six of my receivers out with injury already. Just one time please.
Love these stories, and like rooting for those in them, seeing as I seem to find myself in these every year.

Let's get a steady diet of James Robinson and one long bomb to Keelan Cole........ One time.  I'm firing up Robinson in a league where I lost Barkley.

(Interesting note - I won a CHAMPIONSHIP a few years ago rolling out the *BLAKE BORTLES/KEELAN COLE* combo in a 3WR league in that one late season run. Maybe this brings you some good luck)

TZM

Love these stories, and like rooting for those in them, seeing as I seem to find myself in these every year.

Let's get a steady diet of James Robinson and one long bomb to Keelan Cole........ One time.  I'm firing up Robinson in a league where I lost Barkley.

(Interesting note - I won a CHAMPIONSHIP a few years ago rolling out the *BLAKE BORTLES/KEELAN COLE* combo in a 3WR league in that one late season run. Maybe this brings you some good luck)

TZM
That gives me some hope! Thanks!

I will say this. The NFL Network's pregame with Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders Thursday nights was so bad last year, I've got NFL Network on mute by default. 

omg the pregame trash talk between Fitzmagic & Minshew over beard & mustache just made my night & validated my earlier post all at once. :pickle:

You're spending too much time here. Have you talked to the average American lately? That'll sober one up right quick. I learned that the hard way about the pandemic. 
In the (paraphrased) words of George Carlin "think of how dumb the average person is then realize half of them are dumber than that"

Did she just say this was the battle for the state of Florida. I'm Canadian and I still instantly thought of the Bucs..
Perhaps the Bucs don't want Florida?

Neither here nor there as you still have the best avatar on this entire site.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread