What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official "Truth Social" Thread***** (Trump's social media platform) (1 Viewer)

If you like to take a risk, the 9/16/23 $10 puts are $0.01 each. I just bought 50 more even though it's doubtful it will fall below $10 that fast.

However...... as I posted the other day :

"The company reports investors could redeem outstanding common stock at $10.20 per share until the time of the (9/6/22) meeting. After the meeting, stock prices would be reassessed according to then-current amounts in the company's trust account."

Would you be shocked if that trust account is empty or near empty? I wouldn't be.
What's the potential payoff, explain this to me like I'm a small child.

Imagine Mommy and Daddy give you money for a lemonade stand.... ;)

Each put/call is equal to 100 shares. A put gives you the right to sell at a set price if it goes below, in our case $10. A call gives you the right to buy at a set price, obviously you want the market price higher.

50 puts is the same as 5000 shares. If it stays above $10 at the 9/16/22 expiration, the puts are worthless. Anything below and you're in the money.

ETA

This is probably easier to understand
How much do they cost to buy?
The total for that trade was $86.

Reuters - EXCLUSIVE Deal partner for Trump's Truth Social fails to get backing for SPAC extension -sources
Bloomberg - Trump-Tied SPAC Sinks On Concerns About Completion of Deal

Shares down 21% and under $20/share as word gets out that they didn't get enough votes. Of course DWAC Army is claiming FUD. DWAC has six months of extension in their back pocket if they wanted to use it. Going to be funny when they go, "nah fam, we good."

This was predictable like having Gray's Sports Almanac.

So, it looks like the vote for the extension has been moved to Thursday. Ironically the people that claim the 2020 election was stolen, are calling this a "Trump Chess Move" to make sure they get enough votes to pass the extension agenda.

Stock had to rally to close at $22.13/share, a new low post announcement. But don't forget, this company is buying Twitter, Google, Facebook and YouTube.

So, it looks like the vote for the extension has been moved to Thursday. Ironically the people that claim the 2020 election was stolen, are calling this a "Trump Chess Move" to make sure they get enough votes to pass the extension agenda.

Amazing isn't it?

DWAC up about 5% on the day. Makes no sense.

Serious question: Truth Social doesn't exist if Trump goes to jail, right? Or is it his memorial site?

TFG threatening to sue FoxNews over the Lincoln Project ad that ran. :giggle:
Here’s the ad

It’s really a kind, informative PSA to Trump supporters that they’re merely being grifted by a conman.

The ad is truth but I don't thin it's effective in changing hearts and minds.
I know. The target audience has mostly moved to OAN, Newsmax, and Telegram anyway.

Why do they need THREE networks?

DWAC pushed their extension meeting back three hours to 3 pm EST. DWAC Truthers thinks it's because they have so many votes still to count (the irony of begging for more votes is lost on all of them). I think they pushed back so they can be at the airport for Cabo when they announce that DWAC is liquidating.

(In reality, they will probably use one of their three month extensions to push this grift down the road a little further).

DWAC pushed their extension meeting back three hours to 3 pm EST. DWAC Truthers thinks it's because they have so many votes still to count (the irony of begging for more votes is lost on all of them). I think they pushed back so they can be at the airport for Cabo when they announce that DWAC is liquidating.

(In reality, they will probably use one of their three month extensions to push this grift down the road a little further).
Meeting now pushed back to 5pm EST. This is just a clown show of epic levels now.

Meeting now pushed back to 5pm EST. This is just a clown show of epic levels now.

NOW???????///11111

NOW???????///11111
I almost deleted that. Today specifically has been a special level of ####show. The anticipation is thrilling. Makes me a POS, but I'm ready to read all of the reactions when this company liquidates and pays out $10.20 a share.

“Close the polls where I'm winning, keep them open where I’m losing”

I picture it like the episode of Succession when they kept sending up different officers at the investor meeting to waste time until they could announce the merger.

DWAC didn't get enough votes and pushed the meeting to October 10. The board will adopt a 3-month extension in the meantime. This pushes the stockholder vote past the September 30 deadline to negotiate an extension from the PIPE shareholders. Stock price fell 5% initially.

DWAC didn't get enough votes and pushed the meeting to October 10. The board will adopt a 3-month extension in the meantime. This pushes the stockholder vote past the September 30 deadline to negotiate an extension from the PIPE shareholders. Stock price fell 5% initially.
Reuters is reporting they only got 40% vote for the extension, well short of the 65% needed for it to pass.

Now up 5% lol

Not good for my shorter term puts but I'm going to be loading up tomorrow. It's a slam dunk there will be more issues until the money is all gone.

Of course the question is when.

If this was a unique social media site like Twitter was at launch, I wouldn't even care to venture a guess. Of course it isn't, it's a Twitter clone which has a decade plus head start and still struggling to make money. Then consider, judging by downloads, pretty much every customer they will ever have, they have. It can only go down. They have zero revenue, rumors of huge bills they aren't paying, SEC investigation into DWAC, multiple other investigations into Trump.... I would be shocked if it existed a year from now.

:2cents:

“Close the polls where I'm winning, keep them open where I’m losing”
Slow the testing...er counting down...er I mean keep counting please!

Now up 5% lol

Not good for my shorter term puts but I'm going to be loading up tomorrow. It's a slam dunk there will be more issues until the money is all gone.

Of course the question is when.

If this was a unique social media site like Twitter was at launch, I wouldn't even care to venture a guess. Of course it isn't, it's a Twitter clone which has a decade plus head start and still struggling to make money. Then consider, judging by downloads, pretty much every customer they will ever have, they have. It can only go down. They have zero revenue, rumors of huge bills they aren't paying, SEC investigation into DWAC, multiple other investigations into Trump.... I would be shocked if it existed a year from now.

:2cents:

All the users on Truth Social love to claim how they beat Facebook to a million users or beat Twitter to a million users. They truly believe they are going to be the biggest social media site in the world. Meanwhile Trump continues to get between 1-2% engagement on his posts. Looks like a lot of bots or a lot of people that have moved on.

So, ironically, the group that screams "Election Fraud" is still trying to get enough votes for the year long extension. Things are pretty quiet otherwise. Funny post on Reddit today in the "DWAC_Stock" sub: "ELDER ABUSE: How do I vote my shares? I Do not have the patients for speaking to robots, I’m old"

So, that's funny. At least to me.

This one seems well rooted in reality.

When Trump is President again and starts draining the swamp he's going to shut down all other traditional and social media companies and arrest their executives for conspiring against the American people. Which will leave us, his loyal followers, shareholders of America's only remaining media outlet and make us all very rich.

Edit: I deleted my long rant about how awesome Truth Social is. Because really, Trump is the only thing that matters. If you support him you hold DWAC. If you're a traitor you short. Simple as.

When Trump is President again and starts draining the swamp he's going to shut down all other traditional and social media companies and arrest their executives for conspiring against the American people. Which will leave us, his loyal followers, shareholders of America's only remaining media outlet and make us all very rich.

Edit: I deleted my long rant about how awesome Truth Social is. Because really, Trump is the only thing that matters. If you support him you hold DWAC. If you're a traitor you short. Simple as.
That’s just sad…

That someone can be so wrong, and so condescending in the same post…

Last edited:

I'd be a traitor in a heartbeat if I could get a borrow on this thing. Can you reddit him back for me and tell him General Malaise from internet says "there are no shares available in any stock loan department because this thing is a bigger risk to fail than Enron ever was" please?

I'd be a traitor in a heartbeat if I could get a borrow on this thing. Can you reddit him back for me and tell him General Malaise from internet says "there are no shares available in any stock loan department because this thing is a bigger risk to fail than Enron ever was" please?
Yeah, I would go like 1950's basketball shorts kinda short on this if there were shares available to do it.

Tomorrow, the PIPE investors could pull out of the deal for TMTG all-together. From a financial standpoint, it would make no sense to: if it fails, they don't pay. If it succeeds, they get a minimum 40% profit.

BUT, if they want to get away from all things federal criminal probe, tomorrow might be the day to ride off into the sunset.

Here’s the ad

It’s really a kind, informative PSA to Trump supporters that they’re merely being grifted by a conman.
Ironic considering the Lincoln Project was one of the most prolific scams of all time:

Wild how a bunch of Bush era neocons could shake down liberals for 67 million dollars on ads that coddled their sense of superiority over Trump voters, but were polarizing and ineffective in swing states.

Here’s the ad

Ironic considering the Lincoln Project was one of the most prolific scams of all time:

Wild how a bunch of Bush era neocons could shake down liberals for 67 million dollars on ads that coddled their sense of superiority over Trump voters, but were polarizing and ineffective in swing states.
Kinda weird to call them ineffective when they achieved their goal. Trump lost the election.

DWAC currently trading at 20.68/share, the lowest price since announcement of the merger. With a guaranteed $10.20 return on investment if it goes belly up, not a whole lot further it can go down.

Another day of DWAC not sharing any news. Another down day, closing at $17.90/share.

We get somewhere around $11-12, I might think about buying a lottery ticket. DWAC Army still thinks this is a $20,000/share stock.

a lot of people made a lot of money - did ya'll short sell DWAC ??

A lot of people lost a lot of money. But it's cool that we can pretend to play both sides. So did you hold waiting for Trump to announce he is running in 2024 like you said or did you short?

Users who are viewing this thread