What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* UnionHome Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl (1 Viewer)

It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

Just 3 Days until football Nirvana! As a Jets fan I've suffered through a LOT of ####ty football this year. But Through it all was the guiding light, the beacon of hope that was the Beef O'Brady's Bowl...A clarion call of excellence and excelsior in an all too dark present

I'll be watching this at an end of the world party. I find that very appropriate given this is probably the game of the century.

Am I hallucinating or did some clown start another thread about this bowl game?
Not really. He has changed the thread title four times and said stuff like CMU was gonna beat Kentucky and that he likes BYU in the Beef O'Brady Bowl. Too bad I'm not a mod, I'd suspend him through bowl season for these shenanigans. :thumbdown:

In Beef O'Brady Bowl news...

Bowl officials confirmed today that every player and coach from the winning team Friday will receive a free French Dip and a cup of the soup of the day. Losers get a picture of the other team eating their French Dip and soup.

Now if that isn't motivation, what is????

Wagering Analysis:

Over/Under: Over 61.5

Take the over in this contest.

Both teams are highly capable of putting points on the board (Ball St. averages 35.0 per game, while UCF is just ahead of them with 35.2), and neither play elite defense (the Cardinals allow 31.5 per game, with the Knights conceding 22.5).

With such an extended time period off, both these potent offenses will have the advantage against creaky defenses trying to shake the rust off after not playing for nearly a month.

If you have any further doubts, just know that the Knights have gone over in five of their past six contests and that the 22.5 points allowed number is a bit skewed due to their lesser competition.

BSU and UCF will both score at will in this one.

TAMPA-Ticket prices soared for the 50th annual Beef O'Brady Bowl as the secondary market for tickets rose markedly based on Ball State's free giveaway campaign. Ball State, based in Muncie, Ind is a small liberal arts school with one known quantity: easy women. Ball State student leader Marisa Jenkins said, "we are known as a great place of higher learning but we also like to party. In that vein the co-eds rarely wear underwear and when they do, it's usually a G-String or something edible."

Locals seemed excited about the underwear but less excited about the ticket prices. Tampa native and USF graduate Hector Capella said, "I was going to go to the game but prices are up to $700 for nosebleed seats now. I'm going to wait for these chicks to get drunk and hopefully catch some Midwestern scraps after the game, God Bless the Beef O'Brady Bowl."

University of Central Florida officials downplayed any crowd advantage Ball State may have due to the lack of underwear, but did say the Knights would have their their best fans in attendance as well. "Look, this is Florida and we have some whores ourselves, hell I've banged half the cheerleaders myself" says UCF all-conference kicker Shawn Moffitt. "I'm the kicker and I pull nines left and right, imagine what fat middle-aged bald guys can do."

The Beef O'Brady Bowl will be played at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg, Fla.

Kickoff is at 7:30 pm ET and will be carried on ESPN radio and television.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still couldn't think of his name, even a year later. Had to go look up TY Hilton.

Man I am going to be ####ing useless if I ever get really old.

I still couldn't think of his name, even a year later. Had to go look up TY Hilton. Man I am going to be ####ing useless if I ever get really old.
Actually had a decent rookie year with Luck up there in Indy. And I only bust out the fake news shtick for the BIG EVENTS of our world, pretty sure this game qualifies.

I still couldn't think of his name, even a year later. Had to go look up TY Hilton. Man I am going to be ####ing useless if I ever get really old.
Actually had a decent rookie year with Luck up there in Indy. And I only bust out the fake news shtick for the BIG EVENTS of our world, pretty sure this game qualifies.
Was wondering if you still had power. It sounds like the end of the world is starting off in Annapolis tonight.

Was wondering if you still had power. It sounds like the end of the world is starting off in Annapolis tonight.
I wondered what that was. Power was flickering but then stayed on, BBJ is always watching over me GB. :thumbup:

Reminds me of the old' New Orleans Bowl Sig Bet Tradition here.

We should do one of those here.
Without cheating, can you name anyone on either team?
FIU has that really good wideout/punt returner. Y.A. Somethingorother.
Turns out this guy is really good in the NFL now. Beef's Bowl: you heard it here first!
:goodposting:
:lmao: Is Kiper going to be live tweeting for us all?

Wagering Analysis:

Over/Under: Over 61.5

Take the over in this contest.

Both teams are highly capable of putting points on the board (Ball St. averages 35.0 per game, while UCF is just ahead of them with 35.2), and neither play elite defense (the Cardinals allow 31.5 per game, with the Knights conceding 22.5).

With such an extended time period off, both these potent offenses will have the advantage against creaky defenses trying to shake the rust off after not playing for nearly a month.

If you have any further doubts, just know that the Knights have gone over in five of their past six contests and that the 22.5 points allowed number is a bit skewed due to their lesser competition.

BSU and UCF will both score at will in this one.
IN.

Ball State ML

Ball State +7.5

Ball State ML & OVER 59

My prediction machine has a final score of 28.7 to 33.3.....in favor of UCF. BUT...that doesn't take into account the greatness that is Keith WENNING!!!!!

8 pages on a bowl game between Central Florida and Ball State and the game hasn't even started yet. :lmao:
Over 6 of those pages are on last year's FIU-Marshall game.And T. Y. Hilton was in the game last year. Who knows what stars of tomorrow will appear tonight?
Drafted Goodbye T.Y. late in my dynasty league after all the other 'good' WRs were taken. Those other guppies must not have watched the greatest bowl game on the history of the Milky Way. :bowtie:Also, I find the lack of Beef 'O' Brady recipes for tonight's game disturbing. If this were the Super Bowl, you guys would have 8 pages of entrees, appetizers, snacks, desserts, etc. What gives? What's on the menu tonight?

post over at rx :coffee:

Wenning is playing tonight, but won't be 100%. I'm imagine we will get an extra heavy dose of Juhwan Edwards tonight in the run game to help take some of the pressure off Wenning. BSU has averaged 241 ypg on the ground the last 6 games. I imagine they'll stick to that formula. Wouldn't surprise me if Ball State tries to shorten the game to keep UCF's offense off the field.

8 pages on a bowl game between Central Florida and Ball State and the game hasn't even started yet. :lmao:
Over 6 of those pages are on last year's FIU-Marshall game.And T. Y. Hilton was in the game last year. Who knows what stars of tomorrow will appear tonight?
Drafted Goodbye T.Y. late in my dynasty league after all the other 'good' WRs were taken. Those other guppies must not have watched the greatest bowl game on the history of the Milky Way. :bowtie:Also, I find the lack of Beef 'O' Brady recipes for tonight's game disturbing. If this were the Super Bowl, you guys would have 8 pages of entrees, appetizers, snacks, desserts, etc. What gives? What's on the menu tonight?
Just take anything and ADD SALT

Users who are viewing this thread