What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Week 10 NFL Wagering Thread*** (1 Viewer)

kroyrunner89

Footballguy
Week 10 Lines:

Bears +3.5 @ 49ers 43

Jaguars +7 @ Jets 40

Broncos -3.5 @ Redskins 37

Bengals +7 @ Steelers 41.5

Bills +6.5 @ Titans 41

Lions +16.5 @ Vikings 47

Saints -13.5 @ Rams 50

Falcons -1 @ Panthers 43.5

Bucs +10 @ Dolphins 43

Chiefs +1 @ Raiders 36.5

Seahawks +9 @ Cardinals 47

Eagles +1 @ Chargers 47

Cowboys -3 @ Packers 47.5

Patriots +3 @ Colts 50

Ravens -10.5 @ Browns 40

Good luck everyone!

I like the 49ers, Bengals and Broncos this week.

The Bears seem like they're STILL overrated. They opened the season as overrated, and for whatever reason the betting public is still taking them semi-seriously. They're playing on the road in a primetime game and are only 3-3.5 point dogs? That's implying that on a neutral field these teams are even. The Bears are banged up, the 49ers are finally getting healthy on offense, I can see them winning by two TDs+ tonight.

I've been trying out a teaser theory this year and am 6-1 so far this year with it, and this looks like a good week to keep the run going. The theory is to take teams that are between 5-9.5 point favorites and tease them down to where the favorite only has to win by 2.5 or less. It really doesn't seem like it's all that uncommon for 2 or 3 teams that are TD favorites to hold and win the game straight up. This week, I'm liking a 2 team teaser of NYJ and Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Broncos big this week and the Cowboys medium (probably buy the hook). Romo is undefeated in November.

I like the Jags, Falcons, Ravens, Cowboys and Bengals. Both of the 7 point spreads (Jags, Cincy) seem too high. Cowboys are much better than the Packers. Ravens are light years better than the Browns. Still not a believer in the Panters although I'm a little ore hesitant to bet against them.

I don't see how the Saints and Ravens don't cover. Also like the Pats +3.
watch out for the Ramsall i have to say is home dogs coming off a bye cover most the timeI LOVE MIAMI, NEW ENGLAND AND DALLASI'm betting big on these 3 games.........real big

Blackjacks said:
Dragon1952 said:
watch out for the Ramsall i have to say is home dogs coming off a bye cover most the time
How about home dogs coming off of a bye that are 2-30 SU in their past 32 home games and have lost their 3 current-year home games by an average of 27.6 pts, and are facing 8-0 teams that have won every game by double-digits? That's the trend I want to see :lmao:

Blackjacks said:
Dragon1952 said:
watch out for the Ramsall i have to say is home dogs coming off a bye cover most the time
How about home dogs coming off of a bye that are 2-30 SU in their past 32 home games and have lost their 3 current-year home games by an average of 27.6 pts, and are facing 8-0 teams that have won every game by double-digits? That's the trend I want to see :lmao:
Wow!!!!!! I'm sure vegas overlooked those statsI wouldn't bet against the Rams +14 thats all I'm saying

I like alot of road teams this week, which will probably keep my action on the lighter side this week. :(

Jax +7, under 40

Dallas -3

Cincy +7

Atl -1

As an Eagles fan I won't bet against them, but I think they get throttled this week. :lmao:

Week 10 Lines:

Bears +3.5 @ 49ers 43

Jaguars +7 @ Jets 40

Broncos -3.5 @ Redskins 37 the skins are junk, period. kinda like the under too.

Bengals +7 @ Steelers 41.5 this game comes down to a FG.

Bills +6.5 @ Titans 41 Titans roll. CJ show all day long.

Lions +16.5 @ Vikings 47

Saints -13.5 @ Rams 50

Falcons -1 @ Panthers 43.5

Bucs +10 @ Dolphins 43

Chiefs +1 @ Raiders 36.5

Seahawks +9 @ Cardinals 47 gimme the over here

Eagles +1 @ Chargers 47 Chargers are playin better, Eagles arent, and they're comin all the way to the west coast.

Cowboys -3 @ Packers 47.5 Packers O-line is bad. D.Ware and Ratliff ALL DAY!!!

Patriots +3 @ Colts 50 OVER!!

Ravens -10.5 @ Browns 40

Good luck everyone!

Blackjacks said:
Dragon1952 said:
How about home dogs coming off of a bye that are 2-30 SU in their past 32 home games and have lost their 3 current-year home games by an average of 27.6 pts, and are facing 8-0 teams that have won every game by double-digits? That's the trend I want to see :yes:
Wow!!!!!! I'm sure vegas overlooked those stats
Smartass! :shrug:

Week 10 Lines:Bears +3.5 @ 49ers 43Jaguars +7 @ Jets 40Broncos -3.5 @ Redskins 37Bengals +7 @ Steelers 41.5Bills +6.5 @ Titans 41Lions +16.5 @ Vikings 47Saints -13.5 @ Rams 50Falcons -1 @ Panthers 43.5Bucs +10 @ Dolphins 43Chiefs +1 @ Raiders 36.5Seahawks +9 @ Cardinals 47Eagles +1 @ Chargers 47Cowboys -3 @ Packers 47.5Patriots +3 @ Colts 50Ravens -10.5 @ Browns 40Good luck everyone!
kroyrunner.......what's your take on this weekend?

With two winning weeks in a row, it seems that we're starting to get things rolling in the right direction again. We've managed to go 6-3 ATS over that time span, despite the fact that my system has had such a slow start (5-6 ATS). I'm scratching my head a bit over why it's started so badly, but I trust it'll turn itself around sooner or later. So far, system plays that I have not made official plays are 0-3 ATS. Unless some of these system plays that I'm not upgrading start winning, I see no reason to keep posting them up. What good does it good for me to show system plays that just turn out to be losers? I'll monitor it for a week or two more, but I may be making a change in the coming weeks. Without further ado, here are my plays for Week 10:

* Colts/Patriots UNDER 50

I emailed out this play earlier in the week because of how much it jumped off the page at me. The Colts and Patriots have had astounding defenses so far, with Indianapolis having the best scoring efficiency defense in the league, and New England's ranking third best. As I explained a bit last week, I still do not think that Tom Brady is fully back, as the Patriots' red zone struggles continue. I expect this to be yet another week where they have to settle for a lot of field goals. On the Colts' offense side of the ball, this is a one dimensional offense that cannot run the ball very effectively. Teams in the NFL are starting to figure this out, which could be part of the reason Manning only has one touchdown pass over his last two games. I expect this game to stay a bit lower scoring, not turning into the shootout that a lot of people are expecting.

* Green Bay Packers +3

* Cowboys/Packers OVER 47.5

This feels like a letdown game for the Cowboys in my opinion. They're coming off of a huge win on the road against a division rival, and now go on the road again to face a Packers team that I really don't think is as bad as it looks. Despite all of the sacks (with that yardage factored in), Green Bay is still the 8th best team in the league in yards per pass attempt, which I find remarkable. Their run defense is currently doing a great job as well, as they're ranked second in the league in yards per rush attempt allowed. I think they can limit this Cowboys' rushing attack, turning this into a battle through the air, something which would be very helpful to the over. In the end, I think we're going to see a bit of a stinker out of Romo as he has a couple costly turnovers, and the Packers should capitalize and win this game outright in a high scoring affair.

* Dolphins/Bucs OVER 43

Miami's passing offense has been awful as of late, but luckily for them they're going against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Miami's wildcat offense should see plenty of success against the third worst rushing defense in the NFL, and the passing game should wake up a bit as well. Considering that the Dolphins are the fourth best team in the league at scoring efficiency, I expect them to put up a good number of points. I don't think we'll need more than 14 points out of the Bucs to push this total over, and they should be capable of providing us with that.

* Eagles/Chargers OVER 47

As seen in last week's Giants game, all the Chargers are capable of doing is throwing the ball. They had some costly drops to kill some drives, but I don't think that will be an issue this week. The Eagles may have one of the better defenses in the NFL, but I think they'll struggle a bit against the passing attack of the Chargers. The Eagles also have one of the more explosive offenses in the NFL, but the Chargers' defense isn't nearly as good as the Eagles'. Both teams will be able to put up their fair share of points, this feels like a 24-27 type of game, possibly higher.

ATS System Plays (3-4):

* Packers +3

* Chiefs +1

* Seahawks +9

* Saints -13.5

Totals System Plays (2-2):

* Packers/Cowboys OVER 47.5

* Colts/Patriots UNDER 50

* Chiefs/Raiders UNDER 36.5

* Dolphins/Bucs OVER 43

* Eagles/Chargers OVER 47

As always, good luck to everyone this week!

just curious as why lots of folks are likin GB +3

no Kampman. crappy O-line. Dallas beat them last time they played in GB.

im not sayin Dallas is a lock, but i just dont see GB as a very good play.

the only thing i can see is Dallas having a let down after a big win at Philly.

i think Dallas' D is the difference in this game. i dont see GB being able to run effectively, and Rodgers is gonna be hurrassed all day long. Rodgers could very well have a huge game though. he's pretty darn good.

ultimatley, if Romo takes care of the ball, i see Dallas covering the spread.

Just took Chargers -1.5 and Vikings -15.5. But that's basically to bet for the Vikings and against the Eagles.

ETA: I think Green Bay gets throttled and if I were laying big money this week I'd go with Dallas. I like Cincy +7 and Jacksonville +7 - with the ballsy playing going both of them on the money line because I think one will hit.

just curious as why lots of folks are likin GB +3no Kampman. crappy O-line. Dallas beat them last time they played in GB.im not sayin Dallas is a lock, but i just dont see GB as a very good play.the only thing i can see is Dallas having a let down after a big win at Philly. i think Dallas' D is the difference in this game. i dont see GB being able to run effectively, and Rodgers is gonna be hurrassed all day long. Rodgers could very well have a huge game though. he's pretty darn good.ultimatley, if Romo takes care of the ball, i see Dallas covering the spread.
I agree, I think the Dallas D-line is going to punish Rodgers all day long if they come to play. The only way Dallas doesn't cover is if they beat themselves.

With two winning weeks in a row, it seems that we're starting to get things rolling in the right direction again. We've managed to go 6-3 ATS over that time span, despite the fact that my system has had such a slow start (5-6 ATS). I'm scratching my head a bit over why it's started so badly, but I trust it'll turn itself around sooner or later. So far, system plays that I have not made official plays are 0-3 ATS. Unless some of these system plays that I'm not upgrading start winning, I see no reason to keep posting them up. What good does it good for me to show system plays that just turn out to be losers? I'll monitor it for a week or two more, but I may be making a change in the coming weeks. Without further ado, here are my plays for Week 10:* Colts/Patriots UNDER 50 I emailed out this play earlier in the week because of how much it jumped off the page at me. The Colts and Patriots have had astounding defenses so far, with Indianapolis having the best scoring efficiency defense in the league, and New England's ranking third best. As I explained a bit last week, I still do not think that Tom Brady is fully back, as the Patriots' red zone struggles continue. I expect this to be yet another week where they have to settle for a lot of field goals. On the Colts' offense side of the ball, this is a one dimensional offense that cannot run the ball very effectively. Teams in the NFL are starting to figure this out, which could be part of the reason Manning only has one touchdown pass over his last two games. I expect this game to stay a bit lower scoring, not turning into the shootout that a lot of people are expecting.* Green Bay Packers +3* Cowboys/Packers OVER 47.5 This feels like a letdown game for the Cowboys in my opinion. They're coming off of a huge win on the road against a division rival, and now go on the road again to face a Packers team that I really don't think is as bad as it looks. Despite all of the sacks (with that yardage factored in), Green Bay is still the 8th best team in the league in yards per pass attempt, which I find remarkable. Their run defense is currently doing a great job as well, as they're ranked second in the league in yards per rush attempt allowed. I think they can limit this Cowboys' rushing attack, turning this into a battle through the air, something which would be very helpful to the over. In the end, I think we're going to see a bit of a stinker out of Romo as he has a couple costly turnovers, and the Packers should capitalize and win this game outright in a high scoring affair.* Dolphins/Bucs OVER 43 Miami's passing offense has been awful as of late, but luckily for them they're going against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Miami's wildcat offense should see plenty of success against the third worst rushing defense in the NFL, and the passing game should wake up a bit as well. Considering that the Dolphins are the fourth best team in the league at scoring efficiency, I expect them to put up a good number of points. I don't think we'll need more than 14 points out of the Bucs to push this total over, and they should be capable of providing us with that.* Eagles/Chargers OVER 47 As seen in last week's Giants game, all the Chargers are capable of doing is throwing the ball. They had some costly drops to kill some drives, but I don't think that will be an issue this week. The Eagles may have one of the better defenses in the NFL, but I think they'll struggle a bit against the passing attack of the Chargers. The Eagles also have one of the more explosive offenses in the NFL, but the Chargers' defense isn't nearly as good as the Eagles'. Both teams will be able to put up their fair share of points, this feels like a 24-27 type of game, possibly higher.ATS System Plays (3-4):* Packers +3* Chiefs +1* Seahawks +9* Saints -13.5 Totals System Plays (2-2):* Packers/Cowboys OVER 47.5* Colts/Patriots UNDER 50* Chiefs/Raiders UNDER 36.5* Dolphins/Bucs OVER 43* Eagles/Chargers OVER 47 As always, good luck to everyone this week!
So your "official" plays are what you like out of you looking over the games yourself combined with what you like from the system? And what you list at the bottom without a write up are what the system spits out at you?

How about home dogs coming off of a bye that are 2-30 SU in their past 32 home games and have lost their 3 current-year home games by an average of 27.6 pts, and are facing 8-0 teams that have won every game by double-digits? That's the trend I want to see :yes:
Wow!!!!!! I'm sure vegas overlooked those stats
Smartass! :hot:
vegas is smart

just curious as why lots of folks are likin GB +3no Kampman. crappy O-line. Dallas beat them last time they played in GB.im not sayin Dallas is a lock, but i just dont see GB as a very good play.the only thing i can see is Dallas having a let down after a big win at Philly. i think Dallas' D is the difference in this game. i dont see GB being able to run effectively, and Rodgers is gonna be hurrassed all day long. Rodgers could very well have a huge game though. he's pretty darn good.ultimatley, if Romo takes care of the ball, i see Dallas covering the spread.
I see GB winning by 7-10

I LOVE GREEN BAY.

i think Dallas' D is the difference in this game. i dont see GB being able to run effectively, and Rodgers is gonna be hurrassed all day long. Rodgers could very well have a huge game though. he's pretty darn good.

I agree, I think the Dallas D-line is going to punish Rodgers all day long if they come to play. The only way Dallas doesn't cover is if they beat themselves.
EASY MONEY, folks.

I LOVE GREEN BAY.

EASY MONEY, folks.
i eat crow. although, that game was an abberation. whatever, its the NFL.

I LOVE GREEN BAY.

EASY MONEY, folks.
i eat crow. although, that game was an abberation. whatever, its the NFL.
It was an aberration in your mind maybe. GB embarrassingly losing at Tampa, coming home...while Dallas wins a big division game on the road and has to hit the road again (Lambeau no less), made it ripe for an upset. Add the fact all the squares liked Dallas (looked easy for the exact reasons you were reciting), and that game really stood out.Green Bay stuffed 'em; should've been a shutout actually.

It was an aberration in your mind maybe. GB embarrassingly losing at Tampa, coming home...while Dallas wins a big division game on the road and has to hit the road again (Lambeau no less), made it ripe for an upset. Add the fact all the squares liked Dallas (looked easy for the exact reasons you were reciting), and that game really stood out.

Green Bay stuffed 'em; should've been a shutout actually.
Seems like road favorites and squares - which go hand in hand - are having a relatively good year (or maybe that's just my sour grapes way of saying I'm having a bad year)....But they have started to come back down to earth the last couple weeks....Saints and Broncos were huge consensus plays on wagerline also. When you look at the history of the NFL the first 8 weeks or so of this season are more the aberration than anything else.

It was an aberration in your mind maybe. GB embarrassingly losing at Tampa, coming home...while Dallas wins a big division game on the road and has to hit the road again (Lambeau no less), made it ripe for an upset. Add the fact all the squares liked Dallas (looked easy for the exact reasons you were reciting), and that game really stood out.

Green Bay stuffed 'em; should've been a shutout actually.
Seems like road favorites and squares - which go hand in hand - are having a relatively good year (or maybe that's just my sour grapes way of saying I'm having a bad year)....But they have started to come back down to earth the last couple weeks....Saints and Broncos were huge consensus plays on wagerline also. When you look at the history of the NFL the first 8 weeks or so of this season are more the aberration than anything else.
Yeah, my buddy is tight with his book and said he's been getting hit hard. As a Broncos fan, I just couldn't bet the game, but I knew that was gonna happen. Saints too, were a huge red flag. I'll keep playing contrarian...

Users who are viewing this thread